PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking to buy a house in Havasu?

Ms.Havasu
10-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Anyone?
It's been a long dry summer, :jawdrop:
I need a job.:D
Just posted 5 turn key homes in the spam section. If anyone is looking for a home that includes all the furniture and appliances, please check it out.

INSman
10-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Great time to buy, just wish I had the extra cash just lying around :(

Ivan Dan
10-15-2007, 04:32 PM
I gave a guy your # the other day that is considering moving from So Cal to Havasu. His name is Steve from Orange,CA. If I hear anything I will let ya know.
<-----Could use some business here in So Cal too. Anyone looking for a home in Orange, Riverside, or San Bernardino areas give me a call! :D

rodnjen
10-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Love to, but if things keep going the way they are going, we're going to by something else in OC first.
Hang in there.

TheCarDudes
10-15-2007, 05:21 PM
Anyone?
And I wish I had some coin laying around to employ you right now. :(
It's tough all over.

Nord
10-15-2007, 05:24 PM
I have the money, just waiting to see if what prices do.

Jyruiz
10-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Funny, I am doing the same thing, but for around here.

2Driver
10-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Well oil hit $86/barrel today and supposed to hit $100 by the end of next year the report said. I think the vacation commuter market homes at least may have more soft days ahead. On the bright side there are a lot of people on the brink of retiring and that drives Havi some too. Who knows.

Ms.Havasu
10-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey Nord;
I have one just like the one we sold Gordo for a rock bottom price. I'd love to put you in it instead of letting a perfect stranger have it.
Take care;
Michele

copterzach
10-15-2007, 05:49 PM
$100 oil!!! That would be great.

INSman
10-15-2007, 05:55 PM
For all you "potential" buyers, I would not try to time the market as it is literally impossible to do so. You can buy now and maybe lose a little on the downside but your upside should be excellent. Once the market "bounces", you will be competing with all the other buyers.

Newcastle
10-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey Nord, buy my house. I'll give you a bargain...we'll just cut out the realtor. :D :D
Just kidding Michele

Roaddogg 4040
10-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Anyone?
Come on out to the Heights... I have another 200 feet of retaining wall to build.:D :D I will supply the pick and shovels...:D
Steve

Magic34
10-15-2007, 10:41 PM
Anyone?
I thought of you this weekend. :) My wife actually brought up the idea about buying a house there this last weekend. :eek: Unfortunately, I am strongly against it. :(
I made a couple of wrong turns coming down the hill a few different times and could not believe of the amount of inventory there seems to be.

Throttle
10-15-2007, 10:53 PM
I want the one on Kiowa, just above palo verde... $2mil or so i think... plus it has a better view of dia's house... hehehe

OGShocker
10-16-2007, 05:01 AM
Michele,
I wish we could buy a house a week. Dealing with you is that much of a pleasure!
Mark

Mrs.Racer277
10-16-2007, 06:44 AM
I want the one on Kiowa, just above palo verde... $2mil or so i think... plus it has a better view of dia's house... hehehe
The bass mail box house?????? BTW I honked. :)
Michele,
I wish we could buy a house a week. Dealing with you is that much of a pleasure!
Mark
I have to agree. :)

phebus
10-16-2007, 06:46 AM
Michele,
Mark
I'm just glad to afford the one I've got, but if I had the money, I'd be enjoying the awesome view from the house on Cabana. :D

Hardly Satisfied
10-16-2007, 07:48 AM
What are you waiting for, just a little more overtime. :D

Ms.Havasu
10-16-2007, 08:24 AM
I think he would have to sell "more overtime" and a few other things. But hey, If it makes you happy I'll start writing it up:eek:

Ms.Havasu
10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
If you are looking for a vacation home that is already furnished, I just posted 5 in the spam section.

Ziggy
10-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Hi Michelle :)

Not So Fast
10-16-2007, 09:14 AM
Market really sucks as witnessed by the foreclosure numbers here in Havasu:( NSF

OGShocker
10-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Market really sucks as witnessed by the foreclosure numbers here in Havasu:( NSF
Some would look at this as buying time. :idea:

Ziggy
10-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Some would look at this as buying time. :idea:
Normally if the immediate future looked brighter but I think many are holding out for the bottom to really fall out.
Mark, are you draining a pool or something at your house? :confused:

Stoneman
10-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Wish you could help me get mine built at the refuge! :)

Mrs.Racer277
10-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Normally if the immediate future looked brighter but I think many are holding out for the bottom to really fall out.
???????????????? No pool???:confused: :confused:

Stoneman
10-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Talking to a banker the other day and they felt, as I do, that the market for prices should drop another 20% and not recover until 2012.

SummitKarl
10-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Talking to a banker the other day and they felt, as I do, that the market for prices should drop another 20% and not recover until 2012.it will recover on Election day 2008;)

Nord
10-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Funny, I am doing the same thing, but for around here.
If I can get something around here for a good enough deal, I'd rather buy around here (Anaheim, Fullerton, Orange, Corona) I'd like to buy a rental.

CA Stu
10-16-2007, 12:00 PM
For all you "potential" buyers, I would not try to time the market as it is literally impossible to do so. You can buy now and maybe lose a little on the downside but your upside should be excellent. Once the market "bounces", you will be competing with all the other buyers.
Great advice! :rolleyes:
Trading on the Merc last week was predicting that property values in 10 major metropolitan areas will bottom out two years from now with prices down an average of 10.9%. Contracts due in November 2011 predict a plunge in home prices in San Francisco of 25.9%. In Miami, traders are forecasting a tumble of 27.9%.
Link (http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/MutualFunds/HowToProfitFromTheHousingMess.aspx)
You'd have to be really high to buy a house as an investment right now :D
Thanks
CA Stu
PS Bump :D

SummitKarl
10-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Trading on the Merc last week was predicting that property values in 10 major metropolitan areas will bottom out two years from now with prices down an average of 10.9%. Contracts due in November 2011 predict a plunge in home prices in San Francisco of 25.9%. In Miami, traders are forecasting a tumble of 27.9%.
Link (http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/MutualFunds/HowToProfitFromTheHousingMess.aspx)
Thanks
CA Stu
wrong......it's never a bad time to buy a home as a long term investment, it is however a bad time for someone trying to make a quick buck;)

That Guy
10-16-2007, 01:39 PM
wrong......it's never a bad time to buy a home as a long term investment, it is however a bad time for someone trying to make a quick buck;)
Exactly.....but only if the past 100 years of history are right....:)

Throttle
10-16-2007, 09:10 PM
The bass mail box house?????? BTW I honked. :)
I have to agree. :)
yep thats the one... honk again, I didnt hear you, lol.
oh yeah, my doorbell is broken!

Throttle
10-16-2007, 09:12 PM
can you say "not enuf overtime"
that house is a dream... and the only dreams I get are bad...

INSman
10-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks
CA Stu
Inyo, where the hell is INYO ?!? :eek: :rolleyes:
If you would be so kind as to advise ALL of us when we have officially hit bottom, I/we would appreciate the heads-up !!!!!!

CA Stu
10-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Inyo, where the hell is INYO ?!? :eek: :rolleyes:
If you would be so kind as to advise ALL of us when we have officially hit bottom, I/we would appreciate the heads-up !!!!!!
It's a joke. Get it?
Deep up, in you? :D
I really live in Riverside.
Hi neighbor!
Unless you are young or extremely stupid, it's obvious real estate is a cyclical commodity.
We are coming off a peak, and what follows a peak? A valley.
Anyway, I'm thinking mid 2009 will be the bottom (http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hWSjWmGJ4YXTh3PM5kOC7csTT48g).
Thanks
CA Stu

CA Stu
10-16-2007, 11:13 PM
So it's a good idea to buy a property today for $600k that will be $450k in 18 months?
I'm glad you're not my financial advisor, because that is really stupid advice.
Keep pushing that koolaid, I ain't drinking it.
Thanks
CA Stu

Kilrtoy
10-17-2007, 12:21 AM
So it's a good idea to buy a property today for $600k that will be $450k in 18 months?
Thanks
CA Stu
HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY, HEY ,HEY, HEY,
I have always resepcted your opinion, but why you gotta bring Kool Aide in to this......
remember this is the same guy 1 year ago , that laughed at me when I said the Home market was gonna tank and tank bad.....
he said he had 17 plans on the noards, for JUST THIS MONTH ALONE.....
What did he say just a month ago...
Hey KARL, dont take this personal, I did not when you laughed at me..

westair
10-17-2007, 05:39 AM
Thanks
CA Stu
What if its worth $700K in 18 months? Could happen ..... you have no idea along with the zillion other experts.

SummitKarl
10-17-2007, 06:20 AM
Thanks
CA Stu
so you call 18 months a long term investment:rolleyes: you must be a Gen-X'r:idea: :D:D

SummitKarl
10-17-2007, 06:24 AM
I have always resepcted your opinion, but why you gotta bring Kool Aide in to this......
remember this is the same guy 1 year ago , that laughed at me when I said the Home market was gonna tank and tank bad.....
Hey KARL, dont take this personal, I did not when you laughed at me..I never do with you;) but relax your home will sell...just be patient:D
BTW what are "noards":) :D

CA Stu
10-17-2007, 12:53 PM
What if its worth $700K in 18 months? Could happen ..... you have no idea along with the zillion other experts.
I got $100 that says Havasu homes are worth less per square foot 18 months from now.
Thanks
CA Stu

CA Stu
10-17-2007, 12:55 PM
so you call 18 months a long term investment:rolleyes: you must be a Gen-X'r:idea: :D:D
Huh? Who said anything about selling it in 18 months? :confused:
Why would one pay more for a property when waiting 18 months would allow them to buy the exact same property for substantially less?
You must be a Generation M*-er! :D
Thanks
CA Stu
* Moron :D

mbrown2
10-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I got $100 that says Havasu homes are worth less per square foot 18 months from now.
Thanks
CA Stu
I am hoping 18 months from now it will be signicantly less to build a home there as well! :)

20" gun's
10-17-2007, 01:13 PM
So now that they are going to be posting signs about brain eating monsters. What will that do to Havi home prices. We were going to buy a house last summer. I am glad I didn't.

INSman
10-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks
CA Stu
How about $500 in 36 months ?!?

CA Stu
10-17-2007, 01:57 PM
How about $500 in 36 months ?!?
I only make bets that I am 100% sure I will win. :D
Thanks
CA Stu
Edit: from another thread:
Home sales plunge
Market at lowest level in 15 years
By Tony Raap
Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:11 PM MST
Home sales in September plunged anew, skidding to their lowest level in about 15 years, signaling that the real estate market might have finally hit rock bottom, officials said Tuesday.
A total of 57 new and resale homes were sold in September in Lake Havasu City, the slowest month since the early 1990s, according to figures released by the Lake Havasu Association of Realtors.
It was “the worst month I’ve seen in a long time,” said Joel Selman, of Selman and Associates. “I think we’re getting very close to the bottom.”
The drop last month came amid a key interest rate cut by the Federal Reserve, a move many expected would spur home sales.
“A lot of it is psychological,” Selman said. “Buyers are concerned. They’re concerned about the political situation. They’re concerned about the war. …#045; There’s really no reason why people shouldn’t be buying more. They have the money. They’re just not spending it.”
Paula Singleton, president of the Lake Havasu Association of Realtors, shrugged off last month’s drop, saying the market should begin to pick up next year. She said home prices are beginning to tail off, noting that the average asking price and selling price are closer together.
“2008 is going to be remarkably different than 2006 and 2007,” Singleton said. “I’m not going to say we’re going to have another boom. Things won’t be quite that brisk, but it’s going to improve definitely over 2007.”
The reason? Interest rates are low, prices are low, and there is a large selection of inventory, she said.
“Buyers in a wait-and-see mode will see that it’s OK to buy. That will be more evident by the end of the year,” she said.
You may contact the reporter at raap@havasunews.com.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did everyone fail Economics 101? :D

totenhosen
10-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Did everyone fail Economics 101? :D
Just realtors and those in the mortgage business.

That Guy
10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey KARL, dont take this personal, I did not when you laughed at me..
Tanking just means opportunity....again, real estate is a long term play (except in crazy up times like we just experienced a couple of years ago) and if you are trying to predict 6 months, 12 months, 18 months etc...you are playing a difficult game. Remember the other side of this coin when people thought "there is no way housing prices can go any higher" but go higher they did....the point is buy smart, know your goals and historically you will do well....

2Driver
10-17-2007, 02:40 PM
Just realtors and those in the mortgage business.
Actually they are the ones that passed the class along with sales and closing 101. A lot of them also passed "who gives a chit as long as I get my commision" 101.
The consumer for the most not only failed it, I'm pretty sure they never found what room the class was being taught in. A lot of them also missed the class in personal finance, common sense and good judgment.

totenhosen
10-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Actually they are the ones that passed the class along with sales and closing 101. A lot of them also passed "who gives a chit as long as I get my commision" 101.
The consumer for the most not only failed it, I'm pretty sure they never found what room the class was being taught in. A lot of them also missed the class in personal finance, common sense and good judgment.
That may be the case but the majority of realtors and those in the mortgage business do not understand basis econ. Most have no clue what prepaid interest is or how it works let alone ROE, cap rates, etc.

socalmofo
10-17-2007, 03:09 PM
That may be the case but the majority of realtors and those in the mortgage business do not understand basis econ. Most have no clue what prepaid interest is or how it works let alone ROE, cap rates, etc.
Just out of curiosity, why do you feel the need to always talk negatively about Realtors or people in the Mortgage Business? Every business has its share of people who need to be run out of the business. Did you have a bad experience with a Realtor or Mortgage Broker? I am in the business and I have seen people that would not be able to work at McDonald's to people who have attended some of the most prestigious business schools in the nation. We often forget that most of the incompetent Realtors are out of the business in less than 1 year. The people who are good at this line of work do very well, the others, may sell a home or two and be out.
I also think the reason SOME Realtors and Loan Officer are not buying into the hype is they are trying to think positive and stay upbeat. Is is all of a sudden a bad thing to try and stay positive and hope for the best?

ChumpChange
10-17-2007, 03:12 PM
:d :d :d .

totenhosen
10-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, why do you feel the need to always talk negatively about Realtors or people in the Mortgage Business? Every business has its share of people who need to be run out of the business. Did you have a bad experience with a Realtor or Mortgage Broker? I am in the business and I have seen people that would not be able to work at McDonald's to people who have attended some of the most prestigious business schools in the nation. We often forget that most of the incompetent Realtors are out of the business in less than 1 year. The people who are good at this line of work do very well, the others, may sell a home or two and be out.
I also think the reason SOME Realtors and Loan Officer are not buying into the hype is they are trying to think positive and stay upbeat. Is is all of a sudden a bad thing to try and stay positive and hope for the best?
I don't talk about all of them that way. Hence my comment that the majority in the business. Yes there are very good realtors and mortgage people in the business. Again I'd say that is a minority. If that isn't the case than why do something along the lines of 5% of all realtors make 95% of the money?
The issue is when realtors and mortgage individuals pass themselves off as economists or financial advisors. Many people put faith in them and got suckered. (Not saying it isn't thier own fault.) I also have a problem when they as you say try to be upbeat as you say that they ignore basic economics etc and talk as if it is gospel. "You know 2007 was a tough year. 2008 will be better. I know for a fact it will be." Now is that a saleman talking trying to get someone to buy a property or does it sound like someone with a background of basic economics?
For the record, I actually have my license and have my date setup for the broker exam. I got tired of giving money to realtors for something I feel I can do easily myself.

Ms.Havasu
10-17-2007, 03:22 PM
So, back to my orginal question...
is anyone in this market even remotely thinking about taking advantage of it?
I can tell most here just want to wait it out. I agree there are homes currently listed that will not sell for even close to the listed price and they will be the ones that will still drop 15 to 20% in order to attract a buyer.
There are several homes on the market that have already dropped their price 15 to 20% to sell them and I just don't see them going any lower. The deals are out there now, not all homes are a deal, but several are.

socalmofo
10-17-2007, 03:26 PM
I don't talk about all of them that way. Hence my comment that the majority in the business. Yes there are very good realtors and mortgage people in the business. Again I'd say that is a minority. If that isn't the case than why do something along the lines of 5% of all realtors make 95% of the money?
The issue is when realtors and mortgage individuals pass themselves off as economists or financial advisors. Many people put faith in them and got suckered. (Not saying it isn't there on fault.) I also have a problem when they as you say try to be upbeat etc that they ignore basic economics etc and talk as if it is gospel. "You know 2007 was a tough year. 2008 will be better. I know for a fact it will be." Now is that a saleman talking trying to get someone to buy a property or does it sound like someone with a background of basic economics?
For the record, I actually have my license and have my date setup for the broker exam. I got tired of giving money to realtors for something I feel I can do easily myself.
It looks like we are on the same page.........Agents should not be giving advice as to when the market is done with this downswing.........

Ms.Havasu
10-17-2007, 03:35 PM
It looks like we are on the same page.........Agents should not be giving advice as to when the market is done with this downswing.........
I Agree 100%

INSman
10-17-2007, 03:50 PM
I Agree 100%
Michele
You have any access to foreclosures/ tax lien sales and such in Havasu that might possibly include a VERY nice high end house and not some of the typical run down crap that is likely in foreclosure now ??
I know someone who may be interested ....

westair
10-17-2007, 05:41 PM
So now that they are going to be posting signs about brain eating monsters. What will that do to Havi home prices. We were going to buy a house last summer. I am glad I didn't.
No new signs were going up from what I understood, where did you hear this?

sdpm
10-17-2007, 06:09 PM
I am hoping 18 months from now it will be signicantly less to build a home there as well! :)
Funny you brought this up. We got a call last week from the builder that built our last home in Havasu telling us that they could build the house that we have planned for one of our other lots for $32,000 less from the original quote that was given to us in April of this year. I figure like you, materials won't drop much if any, but labor and profit will drop hard! I figure by the first of the year everyone will be very hungry out there and that is when I will build again. :idea:

Ms.Havasu
10-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Funny you brought this up. We got a call last week from the builder that built our last home in Havasu telling us that they could build the house that we have planned for one of our other lots for $32,000 less from the original quote that was given to us in April of this year. I figure like you, materials won't drop much if any, but labor and profit will drop hard! I figure by the first of the year everyone will be very hungry out there and that is when I will build again. :idea:
Wow! I have not got that call from any of my builders..
Could you pm me his name, sounds like someone I might want to get to know. I promise I'll keep it confidential.

Ms.Havasu
10-18-2007, 08:17 AM
Michele
You have any access to foreclosures/ tax lien sales and such in Havasu that might possibly include a VERY nice high end house and not some of the typical run down crap that is likely in foreclosure now ??
I know someone who may be interested ....
Hi Blane;
Actually I have seen several high end forclosures (or pre-forclosures) that are in decent shape. I'll start e-mailing you when I come across nice ones and you can forward it to you friend.
Thanks;
Michele

Magic34
10-18-2007, 08:20 AM
No new signs were going up from what I understood, where did you hear this?
It was in the AZ Republic.

mbrown2
10-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Interesting....PM the details of the builder...