PDA

View Full Version : boat tie downs???

Nubbs
05-19-2003, 03:02 PM
What kind of tie downs do you use to hold your boat down on the trailer? I run a ratchet style tie down over my jet. Every time we stop I check the tie down and it has come loose. Are there any tie downs that don't slip? Also, do any of you tie down the front of your boat? I just have the floater bar and I know the bow bounces up and down.
thanks
Nubbs

Snorider
05-19-2003, 05:13 PM
I prefer the ones that are actually designed for holding down boats on trailers :rolleyes:
They are not ratcheting, you simply pull them snug, snap down the clip, and velcro holds it closed. We use them for all the trailers we sell, and have not had a loosening problem yet. Any marina who sells trailers should have them...
[ May 19, 2003, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Snorider ]

Rexone
05-19-2003, 05:31 PM
If we can help let me know :)
Tie Downs (http://www.rexmar.com/page366.html)

Wet Dream
05-19-2003, 05:42 PM
On the transom, I use 2 straps that you just pull tight. When you want to release them, you push the spring loaded clamp and it comes loose. This is a nylon/ cotton type strap. Almost like what you would see in a dog collar. On the bow, I have a chain welded to the center tongue bar, but rearward of the bow U-bolt. It has an eye that uses a pin to attach to the bow U-bolt, and from the bow U-bolt the winch strap pulls it frontward. It basically pulls it down onto the trailer, and it doesn't go anywhere.

Jet City
05-19-2003, 10:35 PM
I just use dirt bike tie-downs, they work fine for me, never seem to come loose.

JetBoatRich
05-20-2003, 03:34 AM
I use the same thing, I seen some that were shorty's 2' awhile back. Wish I would have bought those, I hate the extra cord.

Rexone
05-20-2003, 03:38 AM
JetBoatRich:
I use the same thing, I seen some that were shorty's 2' awhile back. Wish I would have bought those, I hate the extra cord. That's funny, go figure. We had some 2 footers listed for a couple years and couldn't give em away lol. Closed em out on ebay finally. frown

Nubbs
05-21-2003, 06:26 AM
Thanks for the info!!

sleekster
05-21-2003, 06:39 AM
i use dirt bike rachet style tie downs no problems. also i cut off the extra lenght and seared the frayed edge with a propane torch worked great. i tie down thru the front 'd' ring to the trailer.

beached 1
05-21-2003, 06:56 AM
Snorider:
I prefer the ones that are actually designed for holding down boats on trailers Same here. They never come loose