PDA

View Full Version : scoop tray

Nucking futs
10-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Need to get a custom scoop tray built. Who? where? how much?

RCB19
10-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Tim we've used Lenord's Custom Fab in Fullerton. He can nail down anything you want. Price will depend on the amount of work involved but he's fair.
714-526-7930

BUSBY
10-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Lenord's ... definately Lenord's ...

Nucking futs
10-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks, will give him a shout tomorrow.

FuelInMyVeins82
10-15-2007, 08:21 PM
I third that. Lenard built mine and did an awesome job.

Cs19
10-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Leonard is the man, does nice work but a little pricey. I made mine, its not fancy but works great.
Woods what about that one at the shop, for sale?

RCB19
10-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Leonard is the man, does nice work but a little pricey. I made mine, its not fancy but works great.
That one is setup to work with the 4* spacers. It wont sit on the carbs right unless Futs has those on his mani.

FuelInMyVeins82
10-15-2007, 08:43 PM
I would be willing to sell it. It needs a little work but we could figure something out. PM me if your interested.

Cs19
10-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Oh ya. We could make it work I bet. Spherical washers wil fix anything.

OverKill
10-16-2007, 01:50 AM
You can verify this with Squirtcha? I had mine made by Phil Bergeron and is top of the line. So the it is Bergeron Engineering (480) 834-1531.
OverKill

FOURQ
10-16-2007, 06:37 AM
You can verify this with Squirtcha? I had mine made by Phil Bergeron and is top of the line. So the it is Bergeron Engineering (480) 834-1531.
OverKill
Phill does good work BUT he is a little far for futs...

85CARRIBEAN
10-16-2007, 06:47 AM
I did a search for trays...but, only found one pic. Does anyone have any mounting pics they would like to share??
I have my scoop on order. Hopefully arriving today as we speak. I need to figure out, what hardware to use, and how to mount it. I see people using dzus tabs, or just regular locking nuts. I guess if I see some pic's, i'll figure it out.

mcderns
10-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Heres a blue print for the tray I made for our scoop. There aren't any holes for the carb and mounting, you can put those in where you want them. If anyone wants the cad file, I'm more than happy to send it to you.

85CARRIBEAN
10-16-2007, 07:44 AM
Heres a blue print for the tray I made for our scoop. There aren't any holes for the carb and mounting, you can put those in where you want them. If anyone wants the cad file, I'm more than happy to send it to you.
Thanks man! That worked out perfect. I'll send it to my dad. He's got a machine shop with HASS CNC machines. He'll be able to rig something up. Thanks again.

mcderns
10-16-2007, 08:03 AM
Just make sure you measure your scoop. They are all different. Should get you on the right track though.

Nucking futs
10-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I would be willing to sell it. It needs a little work but we could figure something out. PM me if your interested.
Im not running the tapered spacers,just shear plates. Also my carbs are dominators,if I remember right your running the 4150 style.

plj/fry
10-19-2007, 09:06 PM
tim give me a call 714 615-0644 i can hook you up :D bob fry

85CARRIBEAN
10-23-2007, 05:48 AM
I need some ideas and help on how I can mount my air scoop that I ordered from Unlimited products. I have dual 750 demon race carbs, 4150 style.
Does anyone have pics for my application so I can get some ideas how I can mount mine? I went on Jegs.com to see what they've to offer, all the mounts and trays are for Harwood application and different dimensions. The unlimited products comes with some hardware, but obviously no tray/mount. Pics or suggestion appreciated. Thanks guys.

Squirtcha?
10-23-2007, 06:51 AM
I made mine from some 1/8" aluminum plate.
Sorry about how dirty it is. :D
It's kinda nice that it's adjustable front to rear and side to side. You
can get just the tilt you want despite how the motor is sitting in the
boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/carb_studs.jpg
Allthread in the back two carb/intake holes to mount the tray to. Although
you can't see it in this particular picture (below), there are two pieces of allthread
from the front carb also.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/scoop_tray_II.jpg
Since my carbs are mounted side saddle, I used the back two flange holes
for the all thread. Had to make a tab for a little extra support for the front.
If you're not running 660s side saddle, you wouldn't have to do this part.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/scoop_tray_I1.jpg
Four nuts hold the scoop to the tray. It's real easy to remove. If you need
to pull the tray off for some reason, it's another five nuts. The way I did it you
don't need a backer wrench. They're all the same size so all you need is a
single 1/2" wrench.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/scoop_tray_III.jpg
Aluminum rails bonded to the inside of the scoop using durglass
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/scoop.jpg
Hopefully it'll give some ideas.

85CARRIBEAN
10-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Squirtcha-I saw those pics awhile back in another thread. Thanks for the ideas. I want mine set up a bit different. I quess when I recieve my scoop either today or tomarrow, i'll be able to see up close what I can rig up.
Do I need to run a flame arrestor/filter when a put a tray on?? I see some people with and without....:confused:

Squirtcha?
10-23-2007, 07:25 AM
I'd run the flame arrestors. I belive it's required by law especially on a forward facing deal. Or better yet, if you have room for them, the K&N flame arrestor/air filters. I'd like to have a set some day. Not sure if they come in the same size as these arrestors though.
Didn't figure you'd copy it. Just tossed it up in hopes it would give you some ideas. They get a lot of money for the trays and I wasn't gonna pay it. My stuff aint pretty, but it's functional and sturdy. I'd do lots of stuff differently if I had the ability to weld aluminum. That's another one of those "some day" things.
It would actually look much better if I were to stand a little closer to it with the polish and rags.

FuelInMyVeins82
10-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Im not running the tapered spacers,just shear plates. Also my carbs are dominators,if I remember right your running the 4150 style.
Ya it wont work then. You call Lenard yet? Good seeing you this past weekend.

85CARRIBEAN
10-23-2007, 10:14 AM
I just received my fiberglass air scoop from unlimted products....it's nice. But, I did not know that the front air flow opening was part of the mold. So..now, I need to cut an opening.
My question is, what is the best tool and way to make a clean cut?? Is anyone running the Unlimited Products model #ET-112, or similar?? Thanks.

superdave013
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
nice work and a little pricey go hand and hand if you ask me. The stuff he builds is nothing short of STUNNING over there.

BUSBY
10-23-2007, 11:16 AM
The stuff he builds is nothing short of STUNNING over there.
I agree 100%

Nucking futs
10-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Ya it wont work then. You call Lenard yet? Good seeing you this past weekend.
I called Lenard and he helped me out. Should get it tomorrow.
Jordan, your boat looked real good out there,I can't wait to pair off with ya.:D