PDA

View Full Version : Home search in Orange County

XtrmWakeborder
10-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey guys:
I'm starting to look around for whats out there in orange county and am thinking about buying a condo or smaller home in Tustin, Orange, Costa Mesa, or Irvine. What sites I could use to search in these cities?
Thanks,
David

bonesfab
10-15-2007, 09:22 PM
go to redfin.com. You will shit yourself when you see how many there are.

Newcastle
10-15-2007, 09:25 PM
I found a site that's pretty well laid out. It's www.movoto.com . I just randomly found it on a google search. It has updated MLS pictures and everything.
And if you don't have a realtor, hit up ivandan...just thought I'd throw in a plug for my boy

bigq
10-15-2007, 09:30 PM
go to redfin.com. You will shit yourself when you see how many there are.
Maybe his shit yourself threshold is higher then yours. :D
Try realtor.com or get a Realtor.
I cant imagine buying being more financial sound then renting right now though.

XtrmWakeborder
10-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Average down payment is 20 percent correct?

XtrmWakeborder
10-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Maybe his shit yourself threshold is higher then yours. :D
Try realtor.com or get a Realtor.
I cant imagine buying being more financial sound then renting right now though.
I can't throw away 2k a month and sleep. I don't want to rent at all. I'm looking long term right now, and I won't buy for a while.

bigq
10-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Average down payment is 20 percent correct?
doubt it, do you mean you should put down 20%?

bigq
10-15-2007, 09:33 PM
I can't throw away 2k a month and sleep. I don't want to rent at all. I'm looking long term right now, and I won't buy for a while.
HAHA ok.
I know that there a few realtors on here that could help you out. Hopefully they will chime in.

XtrmWakeborder
10-15-2007, 09:36 PM
doubt it, do you mean you should put down 20%?
Yes, that's what I am budgeting. Is that too high or too low?

cdog
10-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Hey guys:
I'm starting to look around for whats out there in orange county and am thinking about buying a condo or smaller home in Tustin, Orange, Costa Mesa, or Irvine. What sites I could use to search in these cities?
Thanks,
David
What price range? I can show you some REO's that are a pretty good deal.

XtrmWakeborder
10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Probably about 450k, but i'm a year out and just looking around for now. It's just me so 1 or 2 bedrooms is fine.

bigq
10-15-2007, 09:40 PM
There ya go Cdogs your man, good luck.

riverbound
10-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Probably about 450k, but i'm a year out and just looking around for now. It's just me so 1 or 2 bedrooms is fine.
I would say for longterm do at least 3 bedrooms. I will never own anyhting less than 3 br. unless its a rental.

XtrmWakeborder
10-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I would say for longterm do at least 3 bedrooms. I will never own anyhting less than 3 br. unless its a rental.
I don't think 450k will buy a 3 bedroom in those areas, or else I would. Just a first house, nothing big. Oh and when I said longterm I meant I won't be buying for a year.

cdog
10-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Stick to at least 2 beds and 2 baths just incase you get a room mate. Plus it'll appreciate more than a 1 bed. Price depends on what kind of area you are looking for. I'll be relocating to Scottsdale soon but I know a guy who handles Countrywide REO's. Right now 3 bed homes in Orange by downtown are moving for low 5's, maybe high 4's. Town homes will be more reasonable but HOA fees can add up. Sounds like your a way out before you buy.

cdog
10-15-2007, 09:54 PM
I agree. I didn’t want everyone on my ass saying I was trying to up sell him.

XtrmWakeborder
10-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Stick to at least 2 beds and 2 baths just incase you get a room mate. Plus it'll appreciate more than a 1 bed. Price depends on what kind of area you are looking for. I'll be relocating to Scottsdale soon but I know a guy who handles Countrywide REO's. Right now 3 bed homes in Orange by downtown are moving for low 5's, maybe high 4's. Town homes will be more reasonable but HOA fees can add up. Sounds like your a way out before you buy.
I definately am. I'm really stuck on 20 percent down so the payments won't be too big, and it seems like the market keeps dropping. I just want to see how close the market is right now.

riverbound
10-15-2007, 10:03 PM
I agree. I didn’t want everyone on my ass saying I was trying to up sell him.
Damn real estate agents :mad: ;) :D

cdog
10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
I definately am. I'm really stuck on 20 percent down so the payments won't be too big, and it seems like the market keeps dropping. I just want to see how close the market is right now.
You can check the MLS on my website. www.coreycondit.com

Rinduck
10-15-2007, 10:13 PM
I've used www.homeseekers.com on my last two with good results. Good luck.:)

Throttle
10-15-2007, 10:14 PM
its quiet now, gonna prolly be even more quiet in Jan... my .02

AirtimeLavey
10-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Realtor.com has virtually the same as the mls. REOs and foreclosures can be a good deal, but can also be a pain in arse. Make sure you understand fully what you're getting into if you go that route. You don't need to be in a hurry in this market other than that interest rates may move. If you go with a realtor, get one that's a strong negotiator. This is a time for buyers to be aggressive and get the deal they want. While you're looking, don't do anything that will tag your credit, such as a late pymt or making any other major purchases with credit. You want to be building your credit to it's max. potential right now. Talk to a lender asap to get a solid idea of what you can afford. The less you leave unknown, the more efficient you'll be at finding the right place for you and the more leverage you'll have when negotiating. Ivan Dan on here, works down in that area and is a good guy. CDog seems good too, although sounds like he's going to be gone soon. It's a good time to buy (on aggressive negotiation and for the long term), not such a good time to be selling. I can't agree with renting being better than buying right now, unless you have no money and lousy credit or looking to flip in the short term, but that's my opinion. Good luck. :D