PDA

View Full Version : bowl question

BrendellaJet
10-16-2007, 01:52 PM
I have my agressor bowl bolted on and I made sure to check for the impeller hitting the wear ring while rotating the shaft. There was no contact.
Problem, in my haste I bolted the bowl on sideways. Is that going to be a problem? I read on the AMT website that grease is preferred over gear oil. If thats the case it seems like it shouldn't matter how the bowl is indexed.
I have to pull the bell housing and driveline to redo it(tight fit) so Id rather not for obvious reasons.
Any help is appreciated...

BrendellaJet
10-16-2007, 04:49 PM
34 views and not one opinion? Probably better off asking in the sandbar...:idea:

Sleeper CP
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I would have responded by I really don't know the answer. Those that do are probably trying to get over the impulse to write some really smart ass answer for not bolting it on correctly.;)
If I thought I knew I would answer you. BTW how far off is it( ie. 1 o'clock or 10 o'clock)
I know that sucks when you put something together wrong, Done it more than once:( just never the bowl.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

BrendellaJet
10-16-2007, 05:00 PM
LOL, figured as much...
The two fill holes should be at 10 & 2 or so, without looking Id say they are at 5 & 9.
Is it okay to use grease in the bowl instead of gear oil? If so I dont see how the fill hole orientation should make a difference...
Laugh away!

W.O.T
10-17-2007, 08:45 PM
i use grease in my berkeley bowl. i have a grease fitting and one plug on the bowl. i have started to put mine on like that but luckily caught it before i got to far. if your running grease i dont really see how it could hurt being off like that. besides just looking funny.

Cs19
10-17-2007, 09:17 PM
What is telling you that its sideways?
Some bowls dont have a top or bottom and it does not matter unless its been drilled/tapped for a rideplate cradle, then you obviously put those holes down.
edit.. I just saw where you said the fill holes are at 5 and 9...I dont recall aggsr stuff having any fill holes.

Josh@JBP
10-18-2007, 10:12 AM
If it has fill holes and its not a berk it may be a legend, just a thought. The Legend has 7 vanes which could be confused with an Aggressor. Also I dont believe having it clocked wrong is a serious issue, boats with original equipment jet-o-vators are clocked 90° out. It may be a little hard to fill with oil, but like the guys said you could alway pump it full of grease.
http://legendjet.com/Images/Berkeley%20Bowl%20Conversion%20Kit%20copy.jpghttp://legendjet.com/Images/Bowl%20copy.jpg

BrendellaJet
10-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the help guys. CS got it right. The holes are for the rideplate cradle. No fill holes for Aggressor stuff. Thanks to Dave Jones of Aggressor for helping me out.
Im an idiot.