PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone EVER Had Bad Service From...

burtandnancy2
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
a Lexus dealer? Unheard of wouldn't you think? They get the highest ratings of any brand car maker in the whole world. Today, sweet Nancy got screwed around by her dealer during service on her LS 430 and paid more than a thousand for her service. She was so upset when she (finally) got home that I suggested she call the service manager, who did return her call but offered only an apology for her extra wait of two hour AFTER her car was done! And she'd still be waiting if she hadn't pursued the cashier. Boy is she pissed...(I'd better take her to dinner tonight)

RiverToysJas
10-16-2007, 04:36 PM
Very sorry for Sweet Nancy!!! I read in Popular Mechanics that Lexus says you need to change the brake fluid every 20,000 miles (I think that was the number), yet Toyota doesn't even put that on the schedule for their Camery or Avalon. PM thinks this is because they figure the Lexus buyer will pay for it.... :devil:
Now Burt you are not off the hook here! You should know..... NEVER (Never-EVER) send a woman to a car dealer for a serice issue! :eek:
RTJas :D

76ANTHONY
10-16-2007, 06:53 PM
a Lexus dealer? Unheard of wouldn't you think? They get the highest ratings of any brand car maker in the whole world. Today, sweet Nancy got screwed around by her dealer during service on her LS 430 and paid more than a thousand for her service. She was so upset when she (finally) got home that I suggested she call the service manager, who did return her call but offered only an apology for her extra wait of two hour AFTER her car was done! And she'd still be waiting if she hadn't pursued the cashier. Boy is she pissed...(I'd better take her to dinner tonight)
call the gm, it will get taken care of in a hurry...

76ANTHONY
10-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Never. Our GS400 was always serviced at Crown. They replaced two front rotors under warranty when it was obvious I destroyed them. They always washed our car before we picked it up too. The only gripe I ever had was the POS loaner they always gave us.
I like Mercedes, they pick our car up and deliver a loaner and then pick up and deliver when the service is done.
You have to remember, with JD Power and the like, the customer is different from brand to brand. What is "good" service at Ford or Hyundai, wouldn't pass at Mercedes. Mercedes owners are the kind of people that would complain about bad service if the free donuts in the waiting area had sprinkles instead of coconut flakes.
we just got crowns gsm, really cool guy...doesnt elway own that too, i know he owns crown toyota

76ANTHONY
10-16-2007, 06:58 PM
No idea. If he did, they never made a big deal about it.
he does i just asked my gsm, kinda interesting that they dont commercialize that in cali:D
great dealership and alot of cool techs there as well...

Throttle
10-16-2007, 07:59 PM
having such good serrvice with lexus the first time around, I bought a second one (traded in the first of course)... was way more happy with lexus than mercedes...
so how wuz dinner? maybe a back rub will help too...