PDA

View Full Version : The Tribe

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 05:49 PM
It has been stated by a resident sports expert that the tribe is very young and inexperienced:idea: That may well be but I`ll tell you they are not intimidateded by the SOX

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 06:06 PM
It has been stated by a resident sports expert that the tribe is very young and inexperienced:idea: That may well be but I`ll tell you they are not intimidateded by the SOX
THEY OWN BOSTON:)

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 06:11 PM
7-0 Clev
SinCal should be pretty happy as he is from there.

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
7-0 Clev
SinCal should be pretty happy as he is from there.
They have been disrespected all season.I feel can Beat Boston,and then The Rockies will not run the board on them.:idea:

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 06:47 PM
It was not in reference to them playing the Sox, it was in reply to somebody stating that the Rockies would have a hard time against the more experienced AL teams, either the Sox or Indians, because they wouldn't make the same stupid mistakes that the Diamondbacks made in the series. I was simply stating a fact that Cleveland is the third youngest team in MLB. I never implied that they wouldn't beat Boston. If you look at my predictions, that you for whatever reason wanted me to make, I picked the Rockies and the Red Sox, however I stated that whoever won the AL would beat Colorade, so I obviously didn't discount that the Indians could beat the Red Sox. I was suspect about their pitching, and rightly so. Carmona and Sabathia were awful. However, I, nor anybody else realistically, expected strong bounceback performances from Westbrook or Byrd. Hell, I throw harder than Paul Byrd. I like Cleveland, I just thought Boston's pitching would step up and they haven't yet.
SO PERSONAL:)

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 06:52 PM
My son wore Garko's jersey while playing travel ball. They didn't have one in his size at the time so here he was wearing Garko's jersey. People knew my son and had fun calling him Garko. Every since then I have kind of followed Garko as he went to Stanford and now playing first base for Clev. Still got the jersey around here somewhere.

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Then turn your reading comprehension up a notch, because that's not what I said. I don't mind you referencing my posts, just do it correctly.
I read you wrote they were a very inexperienced team,and I just stated maybe but,they are not in AWE of the SOX:confused:

squirt'nmyload
10-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Colorade
:confused: :D :D

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 07:13 PM
:confused: :D :D
:mad:
:idea:
:)

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 07:42 PM
And, again, that post was in no way a reference to their awe of the Sox, nor even of their series with the Sox.
:)

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Bos screwed up. They should have started Beckett tonight. It could have change the entire series if he would have pitched the game he is capable of. Just MHO FWIW

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Bos screwed up. They should have started Beckett tonight. It could have change the entire series if he would have pitched the game he is capable of. Just MHO FWIW
He needs the rest,once you begin to panic and second guess it becomes a train wreck

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 07:53 PM
He needs the rest,once you begin to panic and second guess it becomes a train wreck
He has done it before and pitched very well. As a matter of fact he might have even been able to throw a few innings if they went 7 games. I just believe this was a must win to stop the momentum Clev had.

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 07:55 PM
He has done it before and pitched very well. As a matter of fact he might have even been able to throw a few innings if they went 7 games. I just believe this was a must win to stop the momentum Clev had.
:idea:

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Had he pitched tonight, he would have been on normal rest for game 7. There's two off days between tonight and game 7. Idiotic, moronic move. The Red Sox lose this series and this decision will be talked about for years.
So, you agree with me on that one? I think they got a little cute and just got burned....

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 08:29 PM
They overthought this one into three consecutive elimination games.
IMO rely on two big hitters (WHO DISRESPECT THE GAME) and when they do not hit the big ball they suck air.Wonderful:)

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 08:44 PM
IMO rely on two big hitters (WHO DISRESPECT THE GAME) and when they do not hit the big ball they suck air.Wonderful:)
ManRam maybe but not Big Popi as far as disrespecting the game. Their averages don't add up to what you are saying....

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
You have a lot of very strange opinions. Why do you not like David Ortiz or Manny Ramirez, or do I even have to ask?
Did you know, after game one, David Ortiz and ManRam had reached base 29 of 36 times in the postseason? That's a combined OBP of .806. Neither one of those guys is all long ball, not even close.
That was nothing more than a flat slow pitch at a softball game :)

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
You have a lot of very strange opinions. Why do you not like David Ortiz or Manny Ramirez, or do I even have to ask?
Did you know, after game one, David Ortiz and ManRam had reached base 29 of 36 times in the postseason? That's a combined OBP of .806. Neither one of those guys is all long ball, not even close.
Thanks for your opinion,Ram as you call him can hit the ball and that is all he is a pittiful fielder just as Reggie Jackson was and I am a Yankee fan,but back to the subject Johnny Damon was a perfect example and I like long hair when looks good but when you play for the Yankees =NO facial hair and no long hair and no bull shit. The Sox have let those two act like street hoodlums.Tonight on Baseball Tonight all agreed hitting a HR and pimping the crowd usually comes back to bite you AKA T.O. I feel those two dress disrespectful and act disrespectful to the game. I`m sorry ruffled your feathers again. I love the game of Baseball.I can assure you when the "LIST" is made public we will weed out BullShit in this game.

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Manny is a pitiful fielder, he is getting a little better. But, he is a devastating hitting, as is Ortiz. Manny being Manny. You either love him or hate him, but he's always been like that and he always will be. It certainly doesn't make him a "thug". I take offense and exception to that word, it seems to be targeted at non-white athletes. Chad Johnson, TO, act like fools. So what? They're professional entertainers. I find both of them equally entertaining. And, if you listen to the rest of the NFL talk, there couldn't be a nicer guy than Chad Johnson, but he's a "thug" because he's black and a character. Very offensive to me. Sorry.
We are on the same page:D Good Night SB

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 09:52 PM
We are on the same page:D Good Night SB
I just noticed :eek: reached 1500 + posts how cool. I guess just a real post *****:) on here for two years and O never Mind you know on and on:D

lawbreaker2
10-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Go Tribe!!!!:D