PDA

View Full Version : Kobe on his way out!

KineticoH20
10-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Looks like there is no mending the tarnished relationship between Kobe and Dr Buss. Kobe has faked a knee injury the last two days and missed practice. It is also reported that he has cleaned out his locker. It's time to embrace the horror lakers fans. Mark Cuban is trying to get ahold of Kobe but if it doesn't include Dirk it can't be allowed. Another possiblility is Chicago but that must include Dang and Gordon. Pass it around Laker fans cuz it's a SHIT sandwich and we are all gonna have to take a bite:eek: :mad:

JB in so cal
10-16-2007, 05:59 PM
If he wants to leave, better to (try to) get something for him now - cause later, it's gonna be zip!
Too bad:(

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 05:59 PM
I will believe it when and if it happens but it seems it is going that way.
Maybe I will shock the world and root for the Lakers after that little whiny BIACH is gone.....
NAW....Never happen :)

wolfie
10-16-2007, 06:06 PM
You mean I can be a Lakers fan again. Hooray!!!!!!:D

AirtimeLavey
10-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Pretty much SUCKS right about now. What the fock is Buss thinking. His ego's getting in the way. Kobe's ego already got in the way. What a f-ing mess. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Kobe's locker wasn't totally cleared out and he said today that he's not sure if he'll still be a Laker come Oct. 30, but if he is, he said he'll be ready to play. What a disaster Kupchak and Jimmy Buss have been to the franchise. Hopefully, if he goes, we can get Dirk, but I'm not liking any trade options at the moment.
I might have to start watching Clipper games.......
Ha, ha, HELL NO!!! The JV can never take the place of the Lakers. :devil:

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Is this far from becoming reality?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Don_Avatar.gif
I am afraid that the Kobe deal is going to send Insane over the edge. Someone call and check on him please :)

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 06:21 PM
He should have signed with the Clippers like everybody in the world thought he would. :rolleyes:
He has to be kicking himself in the ass over that. I guess he assumed he had the pull that Shaq did regarding getting other players to come play with him. I don't know...it seems that nobody is knocking on the door and hoping he will welcome them in.
To me it shows that players respected Shaq and they don't respect Kobe.

3 daytona`s
10-16-2007, 06:22 PM
You mean I can be a Lakers fan again. Hooray!!!!!!:D
:)

Jyruiz
10-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Way too many reasons why all of this has happened and everybody in the front office, from owner to player (Kobe) is to blame for the mess the Lakers are in. I just hope they don't screw this trade like they did when they traded Shaq.

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Maybe they were just more scared of Shaq. :D I wish the Clippers had the money and/or personnel to make a move. Al Thornton's been looking real good, BTW.
I haven't seen a game yet but his stats look good. I know it is just preseason but the Clips may have finally gotten an NBA ready player in the draft. About friggin' time!
They will be fun to watch again this year as they have some hard nosed players. Three concerns other than the obvious that come to mind...
1) That Sam doesn't throw some kind of fit during the year
2) That Kaman improves a lot
3) That Corey doesn't get hurt

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 06:37 PM
It's probably because he's like 28. :D
lol....that's cool. Everybody knows that after the intial rookie contract all players want to sign with the Lakers. Might as well get his prime years first before that happens :)

cc322
10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
IMO If he wants to go then GO allready, to me it sends a very bad message to others on the (TEAM) All this whinning about me me me:rolleyes: he is realizing he cant do it all on his own Duh. Team has no I in it. Why is he so special with his demands, oh because he wants to be on a winning team? He has three titles, I bet stars like Garnett, Nash, Dirk, etc, etc wish they had a least one. Freakin cry baby.

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey, at least they finally have the cap room to make a run at Garnett.
I think KG is going to be very happy in Boston. That three headed monster will be doing some damge this year in the East. He isn't coming to the Lakers. They had their shot and blew it. The feel in Love with Bynum and it is going to cost them...BIG!

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Way too many reasons why all of this has happened and everybody in the front office, from owner to player (Kobe) is to blame for the mess the Lakers are in. I just hope they don't screw this trade like they did when they traded Shaq.
Juan...no way they will get equal value. Not with all the drama and so forth. I would just blow up the entire roster and start from scratch with young, hard nosed players. Get rid of Odom, Kobe and anybody else. The problem is people pay BIG money to watch a superstar and at that point there will not be one. One or two may develope but intially there won't be one. I would keep Kwame because his salary comes off the books after this year if I am not mistaken.
FWIW.....That is my take on it

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 06:49 PM
That was a little tongue in cheek. :D
I know......Just thought I would expand on it a bit
Just another Laker dream fading away...lol

Jyruiz
10-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Juan...no way they will get equal value. Not with all the drama and so forth. I would just blow up the entire roster and start from scratch with young, hard nosed players. Get rid of Odom, Kobe and anybody else. The problem is people pay BIG money to watch a superstar and at that point there will not be one. One or two may develope but intially there won't be one. I would keep Kwame because his salary comes off the books after this year if I am not mistaken.
FWIW.....That is my take on it
I know, it is hard to get equal value, but they should be able to do better then there last trade. I would not trade him otherwise, let him finish out his contract and let him walk. If the Lakers are going to rebuild, might as well save the cap room, after Kobe opts out, LO will also be a FA and that will clear a lot of cap room. With Kupchak and Jim Buss running things though, who knows what dumb moves they will make.

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Has anyone called Don to make sure he hasn't hung himself yet? I think he needs a 48 hour suicide watch.
I think he needs more like a watch of....How many hours are in the NBA season?

Jyruiz
10-16-2007, 06:57 PM
This close to the start of the season, it's going to almost impossible to get equal value. The teams that had room have already made moves.
There is only 3 teams he will waive his no trade clause, Mavs, Bulls and Suns, so it does not matter about all the other teams. Plus, they are the only ones with good enough talent to do a trade. The Lakers don't need to get another superstar, just nice promising young talent and draft pics since they will be going into rebuild mode anyway.

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 07:01 PM
There is only 3 teams he will waive his no trade clause, Mavs, Bulls and Suns, so it does not matter about all the other teams. Plus, they are the only ones with good enough talent to do a trade. The Lakers don't need to get another superstar, just nice promising young talent and draft pics since they will be going into rebuild mode anyway.
The fans will drop off big time without a superstar and paying the ticket prices they do. They are the bandwagon fans who spend a lot of money.
That being said....the Lakers of course have their true fans who will stand with them regardless.

wolfie
10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
The fans will drop off big time without a superstar and paying the ticket prices they do. They are the bandwagon fans who spend a lot of money.
That being said....the Lakers of course have their true fans who will stand with them regardless.
If he's gone I'll be back as a fan. They will always have a superstar, they're the Lakers. It may take them a little while to find one but they'll have a lot more money to play with on their cap without Kobe.

KineticoH20
10-16-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm a huge Kobe fan HOWEVER....I'm a bigger Laker fan, if he wan't out fu..em. I've been a diehard since 69 even through the lean years, remember the Cedric Ceballos years :eek: But I do think it's time for Buss to sell the tem so he can go womanize.
I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY MAGIC AND KAREEM DON'T BEAT KOBE'S ASS:boxingguy

Jordy
10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
This thread is just uncalled for. DMxcuse is going to lose all kinds of sleep over this!!! Mean bastards!!! :mad: :D

bonesfab
10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
They are all a bunch of over paid whining little bitches who set absolutely no positive roll model for are children. I'm not just picking on basket ball but all "Professional Athletes":D :D

totenhosen
10-16-2007, 07:53 PM
He has to be kicking himself in the ass over that. I guess he assumed he had the pull that Shaq did regarding getting other players to come play with him. I don't know...it seems that nobody is knocking on the door and hoping he will welcome them in.
To me it shows that players respected Shaq and they don't respect Kobe.
Told you guys a long time ago but some of my friends who are in the NBA said they would never want to play with Kobe because of the way he is in practice, on and off the court with teammates.

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Told you guys a long time ago but some of my friends who are in the NBA said they would never want to play with Kobe because of the way he is in practice, on and off the court with teammates.
I remember that and it is obviously true.
I need some more sig material. Say something ridiculous....and shit
lol

totenhosen
10-16-2007, 08:11 PM
I remember that and it is obviously true.
I need some more sig material. Say something ridiculous....and shit
lol
Ok
Clippers are better than the Lakers! LOL (We all know that isn't true)

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Clippers are better than the Lakers!
LOL....Thanks! Isn't selective reading great

GAME TIME
10-16-2007, 08:29 PM
It's so funny how the smallest things get blown out of proportion. All day on AM 570 was about Kobe. Rumors of him clearing out his locker, he's played his last game as a Laker, he's faking his injury. All BS. When asked "would you still like to be a Laker?" his response was "Yeah...". What bugs me is the uncertainty. In the same interview he was asked if he had played his final game as a Laker his response was "I don't know, talk to Mitch and Mr. Buss about that". Don't trade his ass until next year. See what happens this year. Also, there were several players reportedly interested in playing for the Lakers WITH Kobe but the FO could not get it done. Also, Gilbert Arenas recently said he wanted to play for the Purple and Gold.

dmontzsta
10-16-2007, 08:31 PM
He is not gone, it is all just rumors. Kobe was just interviewed in LA and he said his locker is not cleaned out and he plans on staying a Laker. Also, Bucher reported the same thing, he is in with Kobe's camp. Some people are speculating that the NBA is trying to really ride the Kobe wave and draw attention from other things.
Honestly, if he leaves, I just hope they get good value. I really like what the Bulls have to offer. The Mavs ONLY if Dirk is in. :)

BadKachina
10-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Before you ship Kobe out, take Sean Marion in trade. I heard he was whining for a trade to play with Kobe, what could be better than trading him to LA and then shipping out the Kobe.:idea: :)

DILLIGAF
10-16-2007, 08:33 PM
It's so funny how the smallest things get blown out of proportion. All day on AM 570 was about Kobe. Rumors of him clearing out his locker, he's played his last game as a Laker, he's faking his injury. All BS. When asked "would you still like to be a Laker?" his response was "Yeah...". What bugs me is the uncertainty. In the same interview he was asked if he had played his final game as a Laker his response was "I don't know, talk to Mitch and Mr. Buss about that". Don't trade his ass until next year. See what happens this year. Also, there were several players reportedly interested in playing for the Lakers WITH Kobe but the FO could not get it done. Also, Gilbert Arenas recently said he wanted to play for the Purple and Gold.
I am going to photochop a Clippers jersey on that boy of yours.....lol
I don't know about all of you but "I BELIEVE" everything Kobe says :)
Here is the latest news that Insane was talking about:
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) - Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant sat out practice for the third straight day Tuesday, then denied a report that he had cleaned out his locker — a story carried by several local news outlets.
Bryant spoke for less than two minutes in the parking lot of the team's practice facility. Previously, he had said very little to reporters since Jerry Buss stated last week in Honolulu that he "would certainly listen" to trade offers for the NBA's scoring leader.
"I don't know, talk to Mitch and Mr. Buss about that," Bryant replied when asked if he had played his final game for the Lakers, referring to general manager Mitch Kupchak and the team's owner. "I'm just getting ready. If I'm here, I'm ready to strap it up."
Bryant asked to be traded 4½ months ago, then avoided speaking about the Lakers until the beginning of training camp Oct. 1, when he talked more positively, saying he was looking forward to the season.
"My job is to play the game and get ready to play the game," he said Tuesday. "That's what I'm doing. I guess people are just intrigued by what's going on around here. I understand that. I have a job to do. One thing I said at training camp was that I didn't want this to be a distraction."
When asked whether he was unsettled by recent events, Bryant said: "It's our understanding not to bring up the situation and not talk about it. We just wanted to keep things quiet and go about our business. It kind of caught me off guard a little bit.
"We've just got to get back to basics and get ready and go from there. It's my job to play basketball. It's not my job to worry about what management is doing or this, that or the other thing. I'm going to be ready and let them do their jobs."
Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Bryant sat out practice Tuesday "by mutual agreement."
"He's in the training room," Jackson said. "I think that's about all I'll say. He asked me about resting his legs, but I think he's OK."
Jackson said he didn't know whether Bryant would play Thursday night when the Lakers face the Seattle SuperSonics in Bakersfield — the first of six exhibition games in nine days. The coach also said he didn't know if Bryant would accompany the team if he doesn't play.
Jackson said he couldn't comment when asked if Bryant had played his final game as a member of the Lakers.
"I don't know that at all. Who knows that? There's certain things that have to be discussed and I think they will be," Jackson said. "There's nothing imminent. I'm on the inside of this, so I know all the statements before you ask the questions. We can't project anything right now. I think there's a certain progression of things we have to go through."
Bryant has four years, worth $88.6 million, left on his contract, but can terminate the deal in two years, leaving $47.8 million on the table.

dmontzsta
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Good luck with that. They don't have enough cap room next to sign Agent Zero for 30 games. He's going to opt out and sign a max deal, probably with the Wizards again because they can pay him the most. We're talking about $18-20 M a year.
I talked to a guy at Taco Bell the other day, his sister ****ed Jerry Buss in San Diego one night. He said she told him that Agent 0 will sign with the Lakers in the off season, for the vet minimum. :)

dmontzsta
10-16-2007, 08:43 PM
http://cbs2.com/sports/local_story_289184701.html

BadKachina
10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
A trade to the Suns would almost have to involve Amare Stoudamire, not Marion.
Oh no, I wasn't suggesting Kobe coming to Phx, I was saying Marion asked for a trade to LA to play with Kobe, true story. Even Nash was interviewed about it and said he couldn't understand why he would want to leave when they are as close as any other team to winning a championship.
I'm saying trade him to LA for who ever you want to throw our way.;)

dmontzsta
10-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Kwame and Cook for Marion done deal. :)
Lakers would be sick.

dmontzsta
10-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh, well if Kobe said it to CBS.com, it must be true. How many people need to see him clear out his locker before it's true. Why isn't he playing? Why is the owner actively trying to trade him weeks before the season starts?
Don't read into it too much.
When he is playing opening day, then all of the rumors will be quiet, for the time being atleast. The whole summer has been Kobe Kobe Kobe, ever since he opened his mouth. If you want to talk conspiracy, some say Kobe is the mouth piece for PJ.
...Think about that, who is the real zen master and who is really being played like a puppet? ;)

dmontzsta
10-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Reached by email, ESPN’s Ric Bucher, a long-time Bryant confidant who over the summer predicted that Bryant would never wear a Lakers' uniform again, had a more measured response.
“I believe he's feeling his basketball mortality for the first time,” Bucher wrote. “He's not willing to risk his assets -- a restored image after the Colorado incident and $19.5 million in salary -- to force the Lakers to move him.”
And he may not want to go down in history as the man who forced Jerry Buss to trade him. Which is why, if the Lakers get off to a good start and Bryant has the year of his life, Buss will look like a poker-faced genius.
Remember, the Lakers were 27-15 before all of the injuries started. They were definitely the sleepers in the NBA. I would not be a bit surprised if they started out strong again and if they can stay clear of injuries, keep rolling. They are a better team this year, than last year.

BadKachina
10-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Kwame and Cook for Marion done deal. :)
Lakers would be sick.
Try Odom..............;)
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/98204
"Marion surfaced from his summer-long media blackout Tuesday, telling SportingNews.com that he wants out of Phoenix. He said he would welcome a rumored trade to the Los Angeles Lakers that would send forwards Lamar Odom and Brian Cook to Phoenix so that he could join forces with Kobe Bryant and leave the team that eliminated the Lakers from the playoffs the last two seasons."

KineticoH20
10-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Reached by email, ESPN’s Ric Bucher, a long-time Bryant confidant who over the summer predicted that Bryant would never wear a Lakers' uniform again, had a more measured response.
“I believe he's feeling his basketball mortality for the first time,” Bucher wrote. “He's not willing to risk his assets -- a restored image after the Colorado incident and $19.5 million in salary -- to force the Lakers to move him.”
And he may not want to go down in history as the man who forced Jerry Buss to trade him. Which is why, if the Lakers get off to a good start and Bryant has the year of his life, Buss will look like a poker-faced genius.
Remember, the Lakers were 27-15 before all of the injuries started. They were definitely the sleepers in the NBA. I would not be a bit surprised if they started out strong again and if they can stay clear of injuries, keep rolling. They are a better team this year, than last year.
Start strong:idea: have you seen the teams we play up front? we will be lucky to be 500 15 games into the season.

totenhosen
10-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Start strong:idea: have you seen the teams we play up front? we will be lucky to be 500 15 games into the season.
Only reason the Lakers started strong at the start of last season was because of who they played and how something like 75% of those games were at home.

KineticoH20
10-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Try Odom..............;)
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/98204
"Marion surfaced from his summer-long media blackout Tuesday, telling SportingNews.com that he wants out of Phoenix. He said he would welcome a rumored trade to the Los Angeles Lakers that would send forwards Lamar Odom and Brian Cook to Phoenix so that he could join forces with Kobe Bryant and leave the team that eliminated the Lakers from the playoffs the last two seasons."
If that deal could happen still, I say pull the trigger. I like Lamar but it has not worked. This might keep Kobe content for awhile. As for Cook he is the worst player in a Laker uniform in a long while.. He is soft and I would trade him tomorrow for a box of popcorn and some juju beads.

Baja Big Dog
10-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Kobe's claiming this A.M. he didnt clean out his locker.....HUMMMMM:confused:

totenhosen
10-17-2007, 08:44 AM
If that deal could happen still, I say pull the trigger. I like Lamar but it has not worked. This might keep Kobe content for awhile. As for Cook he is the worst player in a Laker uniform in a long while.. He is soft and I would trade him tomorrow for a box of popcorn and some juju beads.
He's better than Sasha or Smush. (That's isn't really saying much though)

KineticoH20
10-17-2007, 08:52 AM
He's better than Sasha or Smush. (That's isn't really saying much though)
He is certainly not better than sasha, at least sasha plays defense and he also has a better shot. As far as Parker..... he was a turd, however Cook plays like he is constapated:jawdrop:

dmontzsta
10-17-2007, 08:56 AM
The man to watch out for is J.Crittenton, that dude has some serious skills, speed and passion.

KineticoH20
10-17-2007, 10:16 AM
Last night Cuban said nobody from Dallas has spoken to the Lakers about Kobe.

GAME TIME
10-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Last night Cuban said nobody from Dallas has spoken to the Lakers about Kobe.
Either has Chicago or anyone else for that matter. All blown way out of proportion.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AktHq630wZZd.Bw72DRNVYG8vLYF?slug=dontho ldyourbreathwaitin&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Jyruiz
10-17-2007, 03:49 PM
No front office is going to admit that they are talking trades with anybody, no matter who is involved. That would be detrimental the there team if nobody got traded.

dmontzsta
10-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Usually someone will leak something about talks. In this case, nobody has even done that. All that has happened is people claiming Kobe's locker was cleaned out, when Kobe, PJ and a few other players said it was not. He did re-arrange his locker. Everyone has been watching with a micro-scope, since Buss made his comments. Buss is a smart man, everyone can speculate about why he said the things he said. Really though, who knows why? Could he be fueling Kobe? sending a message that we dont need you, you need us? You are just an employee, so lesson learned.
Lets be honest, Kobe would take a career hit by moving to any other team.

totenhosen
10-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Lets be honest, Kobe would take a career hit by moving to any other team.
How so? It's not like he'd be playing on a worse team. He'd still have all of his endorsements and marketing exposure. Which is why he has the clause in his contract that the trade could be to only certain teams.

Rvr Swpr
10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
If you have followed how this guy thinks and runs his business,it should be no problem to realize Bryant is gone and will be before start of season.Oterwise Buss would have said nothing.

AirtimeLavey
10-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Kobe's got to be on a big market team. Lakers or NY make the most sense for him. I don't think he'd be traded to any teams from the West. Gotta have a superstar for him or the fans will fade and history shows if you trade away a superstar for anything less, it doesn't work.
How B. Cook got his contract is a tribute to a brilliant agent move and typical Jim B/Kupchak non-sense. That dude is painful to watch sometimes. I think L.O. will step it up this year as he knows all eyes are on him like never before. It'll be interesting to see how the team responds to all the criticism they've taken over the summer. Most of them have talent. It's their heart that's held them back. They have to bring it every night. We'll see.

GAME TIME
10-17-2007, 04:51 PM
If you have followed how this guy thinks and runs his business,it should be no problem to realize Bryant is gone and will be before start of season.Oterwise Buss would have said nothing.
Don't think so. No reason for it this year. Maybe and a big maybe by the trade dead line but not before the start of the season.

GAME TIME
10-17-2007, 04:54 PM
No front office is going to admit that they are talking trades with anybody, no matter who is involved. That would be detrimental the there team if nobody got traded.
Not true. They might not mention names but they definiteley admit when they are talking. Maybe not all front offices but I read all summer long how Minn was talking to LA, Phoenix, Golden State and then Boston. Also Lakers have said they had offers over the summer for Kobe but nothing worth while.

dmontzsta
10-17-2007, 05:00 PM
How so? It's not like he'd be playing on a worse team. He'd still have all of his endorsements and marketing exposure. Which is why he has the clause in his contract that the trade could be to only certain teams.
See below.
Kobe's got to be on a big market team. Lakers or NY make the most sense for him. I don't think he'd be traded to any teams from the West. Gotta have a superstar for him or the fans will fade and history shows if you trade away a superstar for anything less, it doesn't work.
Airtime hit it on the head.
How big was KG in Minni? How big is Duncan in SA? How big is Melo in Denver? Dirk in Dallas? You certainly do not see as much of them as you KB24 in the Purple & Gold.

totenhosen
10-17-2007, 07:21 PM
See below.
Airtime hit it on the head.
How big was KG in Minni? How big is Duncan in SA? How big is Melo in Denver? Dirk in Dallas? You certainly do not see as much of them as you KB24 in the Purple & Gold.
What are you talking about? Didn't I post that Kobe says his clause dictates only Chicago, Phx etc.
Besides I see those guys just as much on national tv as Kobe. Maybe you see him more cause you watch only KCAL 9.

DILLIGAF
10-17-2007, 07:41 PM
"As the World Turns" and shit
The Lakers have become a laughing stock and surprise, surprise...it all leads to Kobe the whiny BIACH!
What cracks me up is when he answered the question about being traded by saying management issues are up to management. He is just here to play ball. He should have thought about that before he started spouting off on what the Lakers need to do to become more competitive. He talks out of both sides of his mouth at the same time.
The best thing for the Lakers to do is to blow this entire team up and start over. They made the wrong decision on what direction to go when they went with Kobe. That is obvious with even the casual fan at this point.

totenhosen
10-17-2007, 08:09 PM
"As the World Turns" and shit
They made the wrong decision on what direction to go when they went with Kobe. That is obvious with even the casual fan at this point.
I'll always disregard with that. Shaq was fat and unmotivated the last few years.

DILLIGAF
10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Shaq was fat and unmotivated the last few years.
I will agree with that one but he did win a championship post-Kobe though.

DILLIGAF
10-17-2007, 08:42 PM
Kobe has a no trade clause in his contract, not language that says they can trade him to a certain team. He can veto any trade, period. He also has a trade kicker in his contract that escalates his contract by about $13 million over the remaining life, which is a killer for a lot of team because you're not trading for his current value, you're trading for future value. It's similar to the clause that KG waived to go to Boston.
So after all is said and done...You think he will be traded or not?

BajaMike
10-17-2007, 08:54 PM
The crybaby.......faker....is back:
According to the OC Resister tonight.....
Bryant back at practice
The Lakers star, who has missed the past three days of practice, is expected to play in Thursday's exhibition game in Bakersfield.
By CURTIS ZUPKE The Orange County Register
Comments 1| Recommend 0
EL SEGUNDO -- The latest incarnation of the Kobe Bryant Watch subsided some when the Lakers star returned to practice Wednesday, and he is expected to play Thursday night.
Coach Phil Jackson said Bryant "got into some scrimmaging" but did not participate in the full practice. He expects Bryant to see action when the Lakers play Seattle at 7 in Rabobank Arena in Bakersfield.
"Yeah, we'll probably play him," Jackson said.
After he had sparked frenzied speculation about his status with the club by missing the three previous practices, Bryant was seen briefly when reporters were allowed into the team's training facility at the end of the workout.
He left the building without talking to reporters, who walked into the parking lot afterward only to see Bryant's Bentley missing.
Bryant had supposedly missed practices to rest his knee, although Jackson revealed Tuesday that Bryant was probably feeling fine. His absences came days after owner Jerry Buss said he would listen to trade offers for Bryant. Buss also made public a summer conversation he had with Bryant in Barcelona in which Bryant, according to Buss, still asked to be traded after Buss made a plea for him to stay.
Whatever the case, Bryant's return was welcome.
"He was out there smiling and looking good and coaching guys on," Kwame Brown said. "That's what we need. Hopefully they can work it out upstairs."
Brown said the situation is not a distraction, but veteran Derek Fisher acknowledged that it puts the club in a precarious state.
"I'm not sure if I really know how he feels and where he stands," Fisher said. "It's hard for me speak on what I don't know about. I'm sure emotionally for him it's tough trying to figure out what's the right way to go, and I'm sure for the team it's a tough place to be.
"Because of the events of this summer I think it was hard not to feel as though … things will be dealt with, to be naïve, to feel as everything was just done. I don't know if that was the proper mindset to be in. All we can really focus on right now is the guys that we have right now, including him, and that's how we're going to open the season. If that changes, that's a part of the NBA."
:idea:

The Doctor
10-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Kobe is the NBAs equivalent to Terrell Owens.
Phoenix needs him like they need hemorrhoids.
The "Zen Master" has proven to be the "Then Master" with Kobe on board.
It takes more than one man's skill to win at team sports and Kobe is the perfect example of that. I'll take great team chemistry from a bunch of unselfish players any day. Yeah, like the Suns.
Please no Kobe! LA, quarantine that virus before it spreads elsewhere!
just my $.02

dmontzsta
10-17-2007, 09:04 PM
I will agree with that one but he did win a championship post-Kobe though.
With a Kobe type player (Wade) and a better supporting cast than the Lakers had.
Here is some more info:
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=290993
A source with the Bulls says conversations about Kobe Bryant are non-existent. Same for the Warriors. A league source says there's nothing cooking with the Suns. Mavericks owner Mark Cuban told the Dallas Morning News that, of course he'd explore a trade for Bryant, but that nothing has come up yet. Hard to imagine any other teams out there with the juice to acquire Bryant, who has a no-trade clause.
The Lakers are sure to get offers aplenty for Bryant, but nothing appears imminent. So why the hype? Simply because Lakers owner Jerry Buss told reporters last week that he would be open to trading Bryant last week?
Look, if something happens with Bryant, it is going to take some time. I spoke with a prominent agent about how the team operates, and he described it as, "the toughest front office in the league." That's because the Lakers have more layers of decision-making than most teams.
"It's hard because you can talk to (general manager) Mitch Kupchak," the agent says. "But then you have Jerry Buss at the top, and he might be here or there. Then you have Jim Buss (Jerry's son and the vice president of player personnel), who is above Mitch, but below Jerry. And somewhere in there is Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant and the peanut vendor. It's hard to get anything done, and if it does get done, it is a slow process."
Enough of the drama, lets get the ball rolling. Either way it goes, Go Lakers and no matter what, they will always be above the clippers! :D

DILLIGAF
10-17-2007, 09:05 PM
I just don't think there's a lot of good deals out there. The Chicago deal is good, but I think the Bulls would be stupid to make it.
Reaching out to repeat that MJ magic. Kobe IS NOT MJ and never will be.
I agree with you.

BajaMike
10-17-2007, 09:40 PM
There's also some speculation that this is a power play by Phil Jackson, Jeannie Buss and Kobe against the ownership, specifically against Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak, similar to what he pulled in Chicago with Michael Jordan against the Jerries. Remember, Jim Buss is the one that had Phil fired in 2004, he wants Buss out of the way so that he can run the club the way he wants.
Wow...talk about drama....coach, girl-friend (owner's daughter) and super-star player vs. father (owner) and son......if true, that script would make a great night time soap opera, except no one would believe it......(but I hope it's all true):D
Always fun to watch a great train wreck!

GAME TIME
10-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Kobe is the NBAs equivalent to Terrell Owens.
Phoenix needs him like they need hemorrhoids.
The "Zen Master" has proven to be the "Then Master" with Kobe on board.
It takes more than one man's skill to win at team sports and Kobe is the perfect example of that. I'll take great team chemistry from a bunch of unselfish players any day. Yeah, like the Suns.
Please no Kobe! LA, quarantine that virus before it spreads elsewhere!
just my $.02
Granted I don't have a lot of room to talk (not getting out of the first round) but where has that "team chemistry" got the Suns with three all stars, 6th man of the year, and a first team all defensive player? Give Kobe any one of those guys and the Lakers are a contender.

dmontzsta
10-17-2007, 10:38 PM
There's also some speculation that this is a power play by Phil Jackson, Jeannie Buss and Kobe against the ownership, specifically against Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak, similar to what he pulled in Chicago with Michael Jordan against the Jerries. Remember, Jim Buss is the one that had Phil fired in 2004, he wants Buss out of the way so that he can run the club the way he wants.
Bingo, this is what I was saying on the page before!
Kobe and PJ came out talking about how tight they were, and closer than ever. Then a month later Kobe is screaming how nobody has contacted him and he wants out, how the front office is a mess and he cannot trust a certain someone in the front office.
I can see it now PJ telling Kobe, call out Jim Buss and throw your weight. Then Jerry has to smooth everything over. Then Jim Buss convincing his daddy to stick up for him and tell everyone how they dont NEED Kobe.
As The Lakers Turn:D

dmontzsta
10-17-2007, 10:39 PM
Granted I don't have a lot of room to talk (not getting out of the first round) but where has that "team chemistry" got the Suns with three all stars, 6th man of the year, and a first team all defensive player? Give Kobe any one of those guys and the Lakers are a contender.
An aging PG in Nash who's back is getting worse and worse. Marion who has said he wants out of phoenix no matter what. :)

Jyruiz
10-18-2007, 07:10 AM
The Lakers should be a reality show on TV the way things are right now.:D

BadKachina
10-18-2007, 07:31 AM
The zen magic strikes again.........
You think Phil has a little voodo doll in Buss's likeness.:idea: :jawdrop: :D

dmontzsta
10-18-2007, 07:56 AM
The Lakers should be a reality show on TV the way things are right now.:D
You are right again. :)

AirtimeLavey
10-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Good point.
All this drama sucks. I think it was a huge mistake for Buss to open his mouth this way. He could have accomplished quieting Kobe in a better way.
On the other hand, if you stop and think about it, was it really that bad what Kobe did? Sure, the specifics against certain teammates wasn't cool, but it was true. He's a guy that wants to win and was promised certain specifics from Buss when he re-signed. If you signed a contract and were not delivered what was promised to you, you'd be pissed and biatching about it, too. (Many posts on HB about poeple not happy with what they got from companies they contracted or bought from). He's on a time clock with his body. Why should he sit there and accept BS and mediocrity from his team when he's out there busting his arse every night and everyday at practice. He's delivering what he promised.
I hate the drama, but I'm more disappointed in Buss and Kupchak than Kobe. He's still the most exciting baller to watch, and will draw a huge crowd and sell out arenas wherever he plays.
The drama should be focused on the other players not pulling their weight. Buss should be coming down on them. Hopefully Kwame, Cook and Odom got a message this summer.
Go Lakeshow!!! :D :D :D

totenhosen
10-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Good point.
All this drama sucks. I think it was a huge mistake for Buss to open his mouth this way. He could have accomplished quieting Kobe in a better way.
On the other hand, if you stop and think about it, was it really that bad what Kobe did? Sure, the specifics against certain teammates wasn't cool, but it was true. He's a guy that wants to win and was promised certain specifics from Buss when he re-signed. If you signed a contract and were not delivered what was promised to you, you'd be pissed and biatching about it, too. (Many posts on HB about poeple not happy with what they got from companies they contracted or bought from). He's on a time clock with his body. Why should he sit there and accept BS and mediocrity from his team when he's out there busting his arse every night and everyday at practice. He's delivering what he promised.
I hate the drama, but I'm more disappointed in Buss and Kupchak than Kobe. He's still the most exciting baller to watch, and will draw a huge crowd and sell out arenas wherever he plays.
The drama should be focused on the other players not pulling their weight. Buss should be coming down on them. Hopefully Kwame, Cook and Odom got a message this summer.
Go Lakeshow!!! :D :D :D
I agree with you. We as fans shouldn't support the Lakers by buying tickets and merchandise until they start putting soem of those profits into building a better team let alone when that is truly competitive.

The Doctor
10-18-2007, 01:35 PM
This is presupposing that Kobe would pass the ball.
I like our chances, year-in and year-out with a no name coach and no Shaq/Kobe/A.I. type show stoppers. It's more fun to watch a team that can afford to have any of them out with an injury than having all your eggs in one Denver hotel room? Just one guy's opinion however. I have no doubt any Laker's fan would disagree.

KineticoH20
10-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Best post of the thread, all those superstars and zip, give one to Kobe and at least we are playing the Spurs for the West:idea:

dmontzsta
10-18-2007, 02:58 PM
This is presupposing that Kobe would pass the ball.
I like our chances, year-in and year-out with a no name coach and no Shaq/Kobe/A.I. type show stoppers. It's more fun to watch a team that can afford to have any of them out with an injury than having all your eggs in one Denver hotel room? Just one guy's opinion however. I have no doubt any Laker's fan would disagree.
D'Antoni is not a no name and no show stoppers? Nash? Amare? those two alone are big stars.

The Doctor
10-18-2007, 04:19 PM
D'Antoni is not a no name and no show stoppers? Nash? Amare? those two alone are big stars.
Coach D'Antoni is well recognized now as are a number of other Suns who play well together. Remember what happened when Amare was out for the remainder of the season? Yeah, they still went deep into the playoffs. That was my point-besides the fact that they can all pass the ball.
Have there been better teams? Of course! Many of them! Are the Lakers better of late? Check the W/L playoff records?

dmontzsta
10-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Coach D'Antoni is well recognized now as are a number of other Suns who play well together. Remember what happened when Amare was out for the remainder of the season? Yeah, they still went deep into the playoffs. That was my point-besides the fact that they can all pass the ball.
Have there been better teams? Of course! Many of them! Are the Lakers better of late? Check the W/L playoff records?
The suns still cannot get past the hump. Unfortunately for them, their time is running out.

KineticoH20
10-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Damn Bynam looked pretty good, I may have drank some cool-aide but I think this might be a # 4or 5 seed, then again I may be waiting for the mother ship to pick me up:eek:

The Doctor
10-18-2007, 10:21 PM
The suns still cannot get past the hump. Unfortunately for them, their time is running out.
That's exactly what they said when Paul Westphal started aging but it's two or three decades later and we're still going to the playoffs.
The Hump? Let's remember who was officiating our pivotal game against the ultimate winners of the crown. He's been convicted for what he did.

totenhosen
10-19-2007, 07:19 AM
That's exactly what they said when Paul Westphal started aging but it's two or three decades later and we're still going to the playoffs.
The Hump? Let's remember who was officiating our pivotal game against the ultimate winners of the crown. He's been convicted for what he did.
Going to the playoffs isn't a huge trophy or something to neccessarily brag about when the majority of the teams make it.
Poor excuse about the ref. There were two other refs out there and who says he was fixing it for Phx to lose?

dmontzsta
10-19-2007, 08:01 AM
Who is to say the Lakers did not get screwed by the ref.? They were up 3-1 in the series and then some magical plays at the end of a few games (especially the infamous 3 pointer with seconds to go).

AirtimeLavey
10-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Damn Bynam looked pretty good, I may have drank some cool-aide but I think this might be a # 4or 5 seed, then again I may be waiting for the mother ship to pick me up:eek:
So where are we meeting the mother ship? :D I think they're playing with some energy and looking like they may be able to put something together. Still a ways to go, but looked good last night. Even B. Cook looked effective. L.O. seems like he's eager to get into the mix. Farmar's looking good. Kobe's passing a lot. Bynum looks like he' getting after it a bit more. Could be interesting if it doesn't all blow up first. Still would like to see some better defense.