PDA

View Full Version : Thanks ultra boats.

21TUNL
10-16-2007, 08:24 PM
So Is ultra too sacrid, too big a contributor to hot boat mag ads,, to busy selling 150,000$ boats,, for the little guy to tell a little story about buyer beware???
Interest? or will this tread be deleated??
We will call the title "Thanks Ultra Boats"
someone get me started.

Johnwithjm
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
What can I do for you?

Sleeper CP
10-16-2007, 08:40 PM
That didn't take long;)
Sleeper CP

sofa king smooth
10-16-2007, 08:44 PM
come on.

sofa king smooth
10-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Thought you had something you wanted to say? Cat got your tongue.

GAWnCA
10-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Thought you had something you wanted to say? Cat got your tongue.
The reply wasn't expected. :D :D :D

sofa king smooth
10-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Why.

GAWnCA
10-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Why.
He wasn't ready for that, I guess. I think maybe it was just to see what would happen.... Maybe one of those Drive-By sort of things. :D

GAWnCA
10-16-2007, 09:24 PM
So Is ultra too sacrid, too big a contributor to hot boat mag ads,, to busy selling 150,000$ boats,, for the little guy to tell a little story about buyer beware???
someone get me started.
Well, The MAN is here, you can start any time!!!

Sleeper CP
10-16-2007, 09:31 PM
someone get me started.
Maybe it's a case of mental masterbation:idea:
Or he decided to do the classy thing and send John a PM
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-16-2007, 10:14 PM
someone get me started.
Speak your mind brotha.........

Devilman
10-17-2007, 04:04 AM
Maybe it's a case of mental masterbation:idea:
Or he decided to do the classy thing and send John a PM
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover
Someone may have clued him in, "***boat" is sometimes rumored to be a loose translation for "shark tank". :D

cave
10-17-2007, 04:15 AM
What can I do for you?
Now thats what I call Service. Wish my bank was that fast

GAWnCA
10-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Now thats what I call Service. Wish my bank was that fast
I wish Comcast was that fast!!! :mad:

Devilman
10-17-2007, 05:35 AM
I wish Comcast was that fast!!! :mad:
I thought Comcast was..... comcastic? :D

rivrrts429
10-17-2007, 05:37 AM
What can I do for you?
Holy shiot that was quick:D
Can you see dead people:D :D

Squirtcha?
10-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Just in case you're wondering. Here's the story.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160300
To the poster. I can see where you would be upset, but it
might be mis-directed. You're definitely not the first to buy
a used boat and have an engine meltdown. It was......after
all........a used boat
Somebody had it happen to them just last week, and it was a boat
that I would've bought if the timing was right (it wasn't). I had a
motor completely rebuilt a few years back and it didn't make it past
cam break in........stuff happens.
Ya,, there was evidence of being blown up before!!! Seems the gentleman that traded it in to ultra tossed in some mismatched parts just to make it run for a sale. Nice.
My conscience would kill me. I wonder if he has heard of this yet. I have talked to John at ultra and got a "sorry" but not much else. Cant really blame him. What am I supposed to do, travel from Seattle to san diego, test the boat on the lake and then strip apart the motor to see whats inside?? I dont think any dealer would allow that. Besides the story i got was that the motor had been gone through and was basically new,,,,RIGHT.
I had been looking for 2 years for a boat like this and it was a big investment for me.
If I do sell this ride someone is going to get a very nice jet. I will update as the story continues.

21TUNL
10-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Wow,
First, let me tell you all that the story IS coming. I just dont have the time to do it at work. I will however have the time this evening.
I dont want to put anyone in the frying pan but it is a series of events that everyone who is in the market for a used jet should find interesting.
Both to dealers and buyers.
.... back at ya tonight.
21tunl

RiverRacer
10-17-2007, 08:56 AM
Wow,
First, let me tell you all that the story IS coming. I just dont have the time to do it at work. I will however have the time this evening.
I dont want to put anyone in the frying pan but it is a series of events that everyone who is in the market for a used jet should find interesting.
Both to dealers and buyers.
.... back at ya tonight.
21tunl
I hope there's more, because after reading so far, I don't see any guilt trip(or warranty problem), to be laid at Ultra's door. RR

Sleeper CP
10-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Wow, I know that would suck buying a used boat from any company and then having the engine blow. That would suck hard.
When my brother and I had our first boat, an old Southwind we had an engine built for it from a guy that did a lot of engines here in town and on it's 4th trip to the river the oil pump came apart.
I would have sold the boat to anyone the week before and would have said to them " It's a fresh engine with three trips to the river on it" I would have never thought the next week it would blow.
Your situation is a bad deal, You wonder if Ultra, or any boat dealer should have a "fraud clause" on trade-ins.
Just my .02
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

GAWnCA
10-17-2007, 09:37 AM
I thought Comcast was..... comcastic? :D
Only in their commercials!! In real life, they SUCK!! :mad:

GAWnCA
10-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Just in case you're wondering. Here's the story.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160300
To the poster. I can see where you would be upset, but it
might be mis-directed. You're definitely not the first to buy
a used boat and have an engine meltdown. It was......after
all........a used boat
Somebody had it happen to them just last week, and it was a boat
that I would've bought if the timing was right (it wasn't). I had a
motor completely rebuilt a few years back and it didn't make it past
cam break in........stuff happens.
Dan, that's what happened to me and the Miller I bought... 2 miles up river and the first time out and the #1 rod let go. I was running around 3500 to 3800 when it happened. As you said, it was a used boat, and Sheite happens. You get over it, rebuild and go on.

468miller
10-17-2007, 09:43 AM
ya what he said........:D :D :D :D

DeltaSigBoater
10-17-2007, 11:13 AM
All dealers or companies who deal with trade-ins, have a section in there sales contract that regarding warranties; written, expressed or implied.
When I was selling boats and a potential buyer would inquire about a warranty on the boat, I would pull out the contract, show & tell them, that the only warranty is that of the manufacture of the boat and engine builder, providing that said warranties have not expired. Furthermore there is no warranty offered on this boat by us the seller, whether written, express or implied!

MudPumper
10-17-2007, 01:06 PM
someone get me started.
What a stupid post.:confused:

TRG
10-17-2007, 03:28 PM
He is probably thinking that he should have edited his coming out post, to something a bit less abrasive, like "Does anyone have ultras # so that i can resolve my issue with them directly, instead of airing my dirty laundry out here on the boards?"

Outlaw
10-17-2007, 04:08 PM
You mean when you buy a used jet boat the motor
isnt supposed to blow, Man i figured if it didnt blow
that was a plus,
hey 21 tunnel I have a good USED (NO WARRANTY)
502 in the spam is you want a stock engine.
its still in the boat if you want to take it to the lake and run
it.

21TUNL
10-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Ya,, there was evidence of being blown up before!!! Seems the gentleman that traded it in to ultra tossed in some mismatched parts just to make it run for a sale. Nice.
My conscience would kill me. I wonder if he has heard of this yet. I have talked to John at ultra and got a "sorry" but not much else. Cant really blame him. What am I supposed to do, travel from Seattle to san diego, test the boat on the lake and then strip apart the motor to see whats inside?? I dont think any dealer would allow that. Besides the story i got was that the motor had been gone through and was basically new,,,,RIGHT.
I had been looking for 2 years for a boat like this and it was a big investment for me.
If I do sell this ride someone is going to get a very nice jet. I will update as the story continues.
That is half the story.... This time last year I was just planning my trip to socal to pick up the new ride. In my conversations w/ U.B. I was assured I would not be disappointed in the boat and everything was in working order. When I got to the dealership, one of the workers hooked the boat to his truck and off we went for a test ride. Boat ran well. By this time it was getting late in the afternoon and everyone started the hurryup mode to get home. I gave the cash to the office staff (owner not in that day). They put shrink wrap on the boat, hooked r up to the suv and we were off on a two day trip north. On the way I noticed a clunk when the breaks were applied. I thought this might be from a sloppy reciever on my truck and drove nice and easy. When I got home I removed the plug from the tonge and found no oil in the resevoir.
Keep in mind that its november and in the seattle area, your not going to be boating till june. So the TPR goes into the boat shed for a winter nap. (heated and dehumidified for my new baby)
June arrives and I prepare for the first trip to the lake, wow was I stoked.
Did a little wax,, gas,, oh yea,, add fluid to the resevoir. I get about a mile from home and one of the brakes lock up so tight the drum was red hot. When I stopped on the side of the road and walked back to take a look the bearing buddy cap came flying off and hot grease was spurting out of the buddy. Nice. Tosted the bearing. Another one locked on the way home... loads o fun. So it occurs to me... I see why there is no oil in the tongue, because if there was the brakes would not have permitted the test ride or to get the boat home. I had to replace all four backing plates as each of the cylinders were corroded to the point of no return. Also the master in the tongue. Since the boat was traded in this condition to the dealer, obviously they had done no safety inspection. (but "everything was in working order")
Whats aggrivating about this is that its months later when I can even use the boat for the first time (stinking northwest weather). I would have had no problem paying an extra grand had the dealer actually looked into the brake system on the trailer and fixed it. (3 axles!!) Did the gent that traded in the boat just empty the fluid so as to not have a issue with the brakes?
Its seems ultra just took the fellows word at everything about the boat and past this on to the buyer. Even when you buy a cheap used car they do a safety inspection and make sure the brakes work. But this was not some old poj used car,,, it was an 01 TPR.
This was just preview of what was to come as far as the engine goes. As was mentioned before, there were mismatched parts used in the 468chev that was in the boat and evidence of it being blown up before. The wear pattern on the cam did not match the rollers. Head gaskets were different side to side,,, on and on. Was the engine pulled and this one put in for the sale??????
So I get a couple of outings on the boat and then on the third day into my vacation in Aug. she goes boom. MAYBE 4-5 hours on the boat.
Did I mention the pump needs a rebuild??
Soooooo,, THANKS ULTRA BOATS!!! Thanks for helping me to understand that the buyer needs to check EVERYTHING before putting the cash on the table. Even if the info comes from a dealer that is highly respected. I hope though that you may also learn somthing from this as well. A test run and inspection of your own may discover some problem that will prevent a load of aggrivation later. Also it may be wise to take the information than is offered on a boat as a trade in with a grain of salt so to speak. (probably hard to do though when its a trade in for a big dollar boat)
Also,,,, THANKS ULTRA BOATS,,,, because if the motor had not blown I would not have a 555 merlin,, a forged internal, balanced, beautiful beast thats going into my TPR this week!!!
This TPR really is a beautiful boat. If I have ruffled a few feathers I apologize.
For those who think this was a "stupid Post", M6T0.
Thanks for readn,, jus had to get this off my chest.
21tunl

riverbound
10-17-2007, 06:33 PM
My 1st motor in the spectra blew on its maidne voyage. My wife at the time never even got to ride in it before we were droping a new motor in it. I feel for you, it sucks. but it does happen.

cave
10-17-2007, 06:42 PM
21TUNL, That sucks. A PM would have been a better route.
Buyer be ware. Ask all the questions before you through down any dead presidents.
No dis to Ultra. I imagine you cant check everything. As is is as is :D That sounds very Clintonish

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I will agree that a pm would have been the best route. But since its in the open work it out.If you get things worked out then post a written apology and keep living life;) I would be pissed if my brakes locked up. That is a safety hazard and things like that NEED alot of inspection. I dont care if the boat is new or used, safety is safety. I understand that there may be no warranty BUT if you buy a preowned boat they should check everything over. This process is called reconditioning:idea: I would be mad if I had the same issues BUT I would contact them directly about the issues. Comming to ***boat to do so doesnt make you or them look good. Now if in fact you did contact them and they blew you off then you do what your doing. Im not siding with either of you, just voicing my opinion......

squirt'nmyload
10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
sucks to hear.....i could expect this from a private party sale, but to buy a used boat from a dealer you would think things would be checked out (trailer issues)....but as we all know there are 3 sides to a story

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Its seems ultra just took the fellows word at everything about the boat and past this on to the buyer. 21tunl
Why?? Can someone please elaborate why this would happen? Im not being a smartass by any means. Im just trying to figure this out.
Did I mention the pump needs a rebuild?
21tunl
How do you know? What are the symptoms?

jrork
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Though it's none of my business I'll offer up that Tommy (21tunnel) is a cool guy and just has had some crummy luck. The kind of luck we'd all be royally pissed about.
Given the reputable company he bought the boat from and the $$$$ he spent (this boat is beautiful), he (and probably alot of us would have) assumed that this thing was squared away and turnkey.
Regardless, it's an awesme boat and the new Merlin is gonna light that boat up......
Good luck with it Tommy.........john

21TUNL
10-17-2007, 08:08 PM
I will agree that a pm would have been the best route. But since its in the open work it out.If you get things worked out then post a written apology and keep living life;) I would be pissed if my brakes locked up. That is a safety hazard and things like that NEED alot of inspection. I dont care if the boat is new or used, safety is safety. I understand that there may be no warranty BUT if you buy a preowned boat they should check everything over. This process is called reconditioning:idea: I would be mad if I had the same issues BUT I would contact them directly about the issues. Comming to ***boat to do so doesnt make you or them look good. Now if in fact you did contact them and they blew you off then you do what your doing. Im not siding with either of you, just voicing my opinion......
Please dont take this the wrong way, Im not looking for anything from ultra. I am fully aware of the verbage in the contracts of buying a used boat. Like I said in a privious post I did talk to ultra and got a "sorry but there is nothing we can do". I was just using a little sarcasm to make a point. I have never bought a used boat before and I think I learned something, hope U.B. did too. I met JW at the L.A. boat show a few years ago and he seems like a stand up guy.
As to apolgies, like I said, "if I ruffled some feathers,,, sorry"
I can only imagine what would be aired out here in the "shark tank" if one of you more hardcore ***boat postmasters would be in my situation.
If any of you are in the N.W. let me know, we have some sweet places to run,,,when were runnin:)

MudPumper
10-17-2007, 08:36 PM
This TPR really is a beautiful boat. If I have ruffled a few feathers I apologize.
21tunl
I said it was a stupid post because it was just a teaser. I'm a man and therefore require instant gratification. I would have rather you just waited and posted the whole story the first time. It's like a girl taking her clothes off and then not focking you. You get all excited for nothing. LOL :D

MBlaster
10-17-2007, 08:37 PM
The motor is understandable.
The trailer is unacceptable. Ultra should be ashamed.

Sleeper CP
10-17-2007, 09:42 PM
I feel for you, it sucks. but it does happen.
:(
Yeah, what he said
Just sucks.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-18-2007, 12:54 AM
I said it was a stupid post because it was just a teaser. I'm a man and therefore require instant gratification. I would have rather you just waited and posted the whole story the first time. It's like a girl taking her clothes off and then not focking you. You get all excited for nothing. LOL :D
:D :D :D Tell us how ya really feel :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-18-2007, 12:57 AM
Please dont take this the wrong way, Im not looking for anything from ultra. I am fully aware of the verbage in the contracts of buying a used boat. Like I said in a privious post I did talk to ultra and got a "sorry but there is nothing we can do". I was just using a little sarcasm to make a point. I have never bought a used boat before and I think I learned something, hope U.B. did too. I met JW at the L.A. boat show a few years ago and he seems like a stand up guy.
I can only imagine what would be aired out here in the "shark tank" if one of you more hardcore ***boat postmasters would be in my situation.
If any of you are in the N.W. let me know, we have some sweet places to run,,,when were runnin:)
Its all good and I hear ya. It just sucks to hear of such luck. That will steer me AWAY from buying ANY used motors from peeps anymore. Ill build my own and buy hulls LESS motors........
"sorry but there is nothing we can do".
Are you kidding me???? I bet he didnt say that when you wrote the check for that boat:idea: I would be focking HOT!!!!!!! Im sorry, thats just how I feel......

malcolm
10-18-2007, 07:13 AM
I feel the same way. I've been bitten by adding fluid to a dry surge brake before. That should have been replaced before it was sold, no matter how 'as is' it was. :(

TRG
10-18-2007, 08:23 AM
That is half the story.... This time last year I was just planning my trip to socal to pick up the new ride. In my conversations w/ U.B. I was assured I would not be disappointed in the boat and everything was in working order. When I got to the dealership, one of the workers hooked the boat to his truck and off we went for a test ride. Boat ran well. By this time it was getting late in the afternoon and everyone started the hurryup mode to get home. I gave the cash to the office staff (owner not in that day). They put shrink wrap on the boat, hooked r up to the suv and we were off on a two day trip north. On the way I noticed a clunk when the breaks were applied. I thought this might be from a sloppy reciever on my truck and drove nice and easy. When I got home I removed the plug from the tonge and found no oil in the resevoir.
Keep in mind that its november and in the seattle area, your not going to be boating till june. So the TPR goes into the boat shed for a winter nap. (heated and dehumidified for my new baby)
June arrives and I prepare for the first trip to the lake, wow was I stoked.
Did a little wax,, gas,, oh yea,, add fluid to the resevoir. I get about a mile from home and one of the brakes lock up so tight the drum was red hot. When I stopped on the side of the road and walked back to take a look the bearing buddy cap came flying off and hot grease was spurting out of the buddy. Nice. Tosted the bearing. Another one locked on the way home... loads o fun. So it occurs to me... I see why there is no oil in the tongue, because if there was the brakes would not have permitted the test ride or to get the boat home. I had to replace all four backing plates as each of the cylinders were corroded to the point of no return. Also the master in the tongue. Since the boat was traded in this condition to the dealer, obviously they had done no safety inspection. (but "everything was in working order")
Whats aggrivating about this is that its months later when I can even use the boat for the first time (stinking northwest weather). I would have had no problem paying an extra grand had the dealer actually looked into the brake system on the trailer and fixed it. (3 axles!!) Did the gent that traded in the boat just empty the fluid so as to not have a issue with the brakes?
Its seems ultra just took the fellows word at everything about the boat and past this on to the buyer. Even when you buy a cheap used car they do a safety inspection and make sure the brakes work. But this was not some old poj used car,,, it was an 01 TPR.
This was just preview of what was to come as far as the engine goes. As was mentioned before, there were mismatched parts used in the 468chev that was in the boat and evidence of it being blown up before. The wear pattern on the cam did not match the rollers. Head gaskets were different side to side,,, on and on. Was the engine pulled and this one put in for the sale??????
So I get a couple of outings on the boat and then on the third day into my vacation in Aug. she goes boom. MAYBE 4-5 hours on the boat.
Did I mention the pump needs a rebuild??
Soooooo,, THANKS ULTRA BOATS!!! Thanks for helping me to understand that the buyer needs to check EVERYTHING before putting the cash on the table. Even if the info comes from a dealer that is highly respected. I hope though that you may also learn somthing from this as well. A test run and inspection of your own may discover some problem that will prevent a load of aggrivation later. Also it may be wise to take the information than is offered on a boat as a trade in with a grain of salt so to speak. (probably hard to do though when its a trade in for a big dollar boat)
Also,,,, THANKS ULTRA BOATS,,,, because if the motor had not blown I would not have a 555 merlin,, a forged internal, balanced, beautiful beast thats going into my TPR this week!!!
21tunl
What 21' is it?? you say it was purchased last year??,...that would make it the yellow an red one that was traded in last year?
If it is that boat, its a nice looking boat!
Todd

Hustler
10-18-2007, 08:39 AM
What 21' is it?? you say it was purchased last year??,...that would make it the yellow an red one that was traded in last year?
If it is that boat, its a nice looking boat!
Todd
That is the boat in question.

Bow Tie Omega
10-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Man, that sucks......I know your pain with being told and expecting one thing but getting something else. Ultra Boats has a reputation for being a top notch manufacturer. But with that being said, they told this guy up in Seattle that he would not be dissapointed and everything was in "good working order". The guy drove from Seattle to pick up the boat. On one hand ...Let the buyer beware. On the other hand, Ultra Boats has earned a very good reputation in part because of these boards. Hopefully they can work out a compromise of some sort with you.
Maybe some of us on the boards should be more careful with handing out compliments and recomendations to certian people or companies. This guy obviously took their reputation on the boards into account and was burned. I know I took somebodies reputation on these boards into account when choosing to have my gel coat done by him and not only was I but 2 others were burned for well over $15,000 combined with poor quality work and we all had shit for gel coats as a result. I hope that this gets worked out amicably. And let a lesson be learned, while these boards can be an incredible resource at times, when it comes to spending money......Do your own homework. Hard lesson learned.

21TUNL
10-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Man, that sucks......I know your pain with being told and expecting one thing but getting something else. Ultra Boats has a reputation for being a top notch manufacturer. But with that being said, they told this guy up in Seattle that he would not be dissapointed and everything was in "good working order". The guy drove from Seattle to pick up the boat. On one hand ...Let the buyer beware. On the other hand, Ultra Boats has earned a very good reputation in part because of these boards. Hopefully they can work out a compromise of some sort with you.
Maybe some of us on the boards should be more careful with handing out compliments and recomendations to certian people or companies. This guy obviously took their reputation on the boards into account and was burned. I know I took somebodies reputation on these boards into account when choosing to have my gel coat done by him and not only was I but 2 others were burned for well over $15,000 combined with poor quality work and we all had shit for gel coats as a result. I hope that this gets worked out amicably. And let a lesson be learned, while these boards can be an incredible resource at times, when it comes to spending money......Do your own homework. Hard lesson learned.
And this is the reason for my post,,,, experience is a second rate teacher, but a teacher none the less.
Here da boat,,,, she is a beauty,,, also pics of the merlin,, stud girdles finally in,, install awaits... yes.
http://www.nloc.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=1982

cave
10-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm currently looking to buy a new to me or new hull. I take allot of what is said on these boards as advise. The good & the bad and try to decipher though it all. Hopefully when I pull the trigger I wont be burnt.
21TUNL you seam like your just like any one of us. Hopefully Ultra will hook you up. The internet can jack you up. Hopefully you can come back on here and say something good came of this. Good luck

Pops@Aggressor
10-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Here da boat,,,, she is a beauty,,, also pics of the merlin,, stud girdles finally in,, install awaits... yes.
http://www.nloc.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=1982[/QUOTE]Know the 21 Well- We provided a Drive for Test 7-8 Years Ago with Tom. Kevin Space (Hot Boat) came out to do a Article on the set up and Test. Tom and I went out in it before Kevin got there and had a ball. The article was published under the the heading Jet Guru or something like that it. If I recall right the boat ran in the mid 80's with a 496 (Its CRS) Very Very respectable #s. It rode & handled like few I have been in. I hope you enjoy the boat, and in the end it is one of those that settles in you heart well for you. I know I have several but I think it will be that new motor that will put the fear of God in you "which is the rush we all seek". I know at 80+ that boat is like going for a nice cruise and leaves you wanting more. I don't sell anything to Ultra and could not produce if they ordered, so nothing in it to say this, I watch all mfg's and hear most story's and both John's have done a good job keeping there customers happy and product name Clean. I have seen a lot in this industry GO Directly to Jail and know a few others who should join them. John bought the Company, from a marginal position, cleaned it up and brought the company forward in Design, Quality, and ethical standards. Tom Papp would not have been associated with them if not. I am sorry as to what happened and can say I have been there 2 times the same way -yet understanding boats and water damage I can't hold anyone responsable even myself. Maybe the original seller if he glued the motor back together for the trade in and knew it. anyway it seems your somewhat over it, so enjoy one of the finest boats ever built- As Tom would say "It Is What It Is" except it has a new Merlin in it.

3 daytona`s
10-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Why?? Can someone please elaborate why this would happen? Im not being a smartass by any means. Im just trying to figure this out.
How do you know? What are the symptoms?
SMART ASS:idea:

3 daytona`s
10-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Especially when they know he has a long drive:idea:

3 daytona`s
10-19-2007, 08:08 PM
And this is the reason for my post,,,, experience is a second rate teacher, but a teacher none the less.
http://www.nloc.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=1982
Word of mouth can be your BEST or WORST advertisement:confused:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-19-2007, 08:16 PM
SMART ASS:idea:
Possibly :idea:

3 daytona`s
10-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Possibly :idea:
EVERYONE LOVES ASS BUT FEW LIKE SMART ASS:rolleyes: :idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-20-2007, 01:39 AM
EVERYONE LOVES ASS BUT FEW LIKE SMART ASS:rolleyes: :idea:
I see that we are getting COCKY again:rolleyes: Are you on a time clock or something:confused: Seems like you come out of the woodwork,talks schit act like a dick and then leave for a few months:idea:

3 daytona`s
10-20-2007, 09:30 AM
I see that we are getting COCKY again:rolleyes: Are you on a time clock or something:confused: Seems like you come out of the woodwork,talks schit act like a dick and then leave for a few months:idea:
ARE WE A LITTLE SENSITIVE,OR STILL HEALING FROM THE WRECK?:confused:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-20-2007, 05:50 PM
ARE WE A LITTLE SENSITIVE,OR STILL HEALING FROM THE WRECK?:confused:
Do you really want to go there????? If you want to know, I am still recovering!

468miller
10-20-2007, 05:53 PM
im gunna have to side w my boy mike, lol, id be sensitive if i wrecked a truck that nice too............:eek: :eek: :( :(

3 daytona`s
10-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Do you really want to go there????? If you want to know, I am still recovering!
Do I want to go there? I asked the question did I not? I guess you were the one who got all pissy=sorry I guess can dish out and can not take some fun:confused: Well any way thank -you for NOT saying FAWKKING THIS and FAWKKING THAT or how ever you phrase it.It was refreshing for a change.:idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Do I want to go there? I asked the question did I not? I guess you were the one who got all pissy=sorry I guess can dish out and can not take some fun:confused: Well any way thank -you for NOT saying FAWKKING THIS and FAWKKING THAT or how ever you phrase it.It was refreshing for a change.:idea:
Its very hard to determine the way you come off twards people. Sometimes it seems as your joking and other times its like your a complete a$$hole. Why dont you put a disclaimer below allof your posts:idea: Then we can have a better understand the jibberish that you post:idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-20-2007, 09:40 PM
im gunna have to side w my boy mike, lol, id be sensitive if i wrecked a truck that nice too............:eek: :eek: :( :(
he has no clue:yuk: He likes to make remarks about a person that lost over $100,000.00 in 4 months and still counting. Not to mention the physical and emotional stress that I have encountered. Oh and did I mention that it took me out of the boating season this year:idea: But yet he still want to throw cheap shots in. Maybe Ill just start playing hardball like him:idea: :devil: :devil:

Sleeper CP
10-21-2007, 06:48 AM
Hi Guys,
I was kind of :( the post went off track. That is a serious question about the trailer and now no ones else is posting,:idea: thought you two might want to consider deleting after post 52. Just my .02 Have a great day:)
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

3 daytona`s
10-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Its very hard to determine the way you come off twards people. Sometimes it seems as your joking and other times its like your a complete a$$hole. Why dont you put a disclaimer below allof your posts:idea: Then we can have a better understand the jibberish that you post:idea:
The Disclaimer request? I guess some can dish it out and then get all defensive when get a little back:confused:

pw_Tony
10-22-2007, 10:28 PM
The Disclaimer request? I guess some can dish it out and then get all defensive when get a little back:confused:
Too many drinks tonight? :confused: :D

LOWRIVER2
10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
I just read this thread tonight.
First off, we're talking about an 01" boat? Trailers need to be serviced (brakes,hubs,tires,etc.) at least every 3 years. As for a 468 motor, in ANY used boat , I'll refer to Bill Scotten of Calfornia Performance boats- "used engines are always a grab bag, don't trust any of them".
If 21tunnel is a first time boat owner, he should have done a little more research on this site or talked to some friends about basic service needed for ANY used boat purchase. I bought my first ten year old jet in 94 from a private party and did'nt have any help. I learned through trial and error, I would have saved a lot of time and effort if this and other boat sites were up in those days.
That being said, I can't fault any boat dealership in making "for certain" every part of a 5+ year old boat is "turn key". By law the dealer is'nt at fault and let's face it, the price would have been at least 5k higher had the dealer gone through the motor, trailer and insured in writing that the boat was "perfect". This buyer and many others may not have bought the boat at a higher price. Hence the dealer has to find a middle ground of servicing a trade in between "operable" and "perfect".
For what it's worth, I looked at a used non Ultra boat at John W.'s shop five years ago and he was upfront about it's misgivings and what needed to be fixed.
I understand the frustration with problems after a purchase but advice for anyone is to have the motor/drive and trailer gone through on ANY used purchase. My second 6 year old boat had only 80 hours on it and I still went through it and found it needed a valve job and the pump freshened.
In this case, with a five year old boat in question, I have to say it's on the buyer. It would have been nice if a boat wise friend of 21's had given him some advice, maybe he did'nt have any.
John West and John D. ARE stand up guys and to blast a co. based on buying a used boat that they did not build in the first place is a little far fetched.
Good luck on future boating and read this site for valuble info. on maintaining your boat.

superdave013
10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
how could any dealer know what's inside an engine that's installed in a trade in boat? I know of zero boat or car dealers that are going to pull the heads and drop the pan to inspect an engine. They might do a compression test and MAYBE a leak down test. But if it has mismatched head gaskets or mismatch cam / lifters how would they know??

Rondane
10-24-2007, 05:28 AM
we are not talking about a $3000 auto...but a big ticket boat. The trailer should have been taken care of no questions asked. How long does it take to check the brake reservoir?? I'm sure money was made on it and not $500.00.
a "sorry" just doesnt cut it. my .02
rondane

Johnwithjm
10-24-2007, 07:51 AM
we are not talking about a $3000 auto...but a big ticket boat. The trailer should have been taken care of no questions asked. How long does it take to check the brake reservoir?? I'm sure money was made on it and not $500.00.
a "sorry" just doesnt cut it. my .02
rondane
You are sure money was made on this boat. Get your facts right the boat was sold for what we gave the 1st owner on trade. But since you know all the details we will take your word for it!!

boatnam2
10-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Could of been just bad luck motor was ready to go..but im thinking if the stuff in the motor was screwy the guy doing the trade in knew it but didnt care hopefully not a freind of ultra's...shouldn't be if this is true.I doubt jw would do anything to hurt the reputation of his campany that he worked hard to build up(pretty checkered past)before jw to take a trade to sell a boat.Car dealer ship are a little different in that the car has to be in good working condition to be on the road and a dealership selling one that is not is pretty liable i would say...plus that is a way dealerships make money by adding on stuff tires brakes etc and passing on the money to fix it to the new buyer i just dont see boat mfg's doing that.

driptruck
10-24-2007, 09:48 PM
I wasn't going to post cause I don't want to sound like an ass or offend anyone but I think this post was a bad idea! The idea of blasting a business publicly when you can't prove they did something intentionally to defraud you is in bad taste to me.
From what I have read this boat is 5+ years old ,was baught and traveled 1100+ miles without any problems (maybe some extra noise from hitch?) it was taken out for some hotlaps (I saw it on U-tube) then it sat for 3 winter months before the trailers problems arose only after getting (cut off and slaming on the brakes, the wheel brake locked up) is what was posted months back on the skagen site. It took a long time to get that fixed cause some non reputable shop tried and made things worse. Now its been almost a year from purchase. The last was the motor giving out. Some new boats have only a one year warranty or less, especially when it comes to performance parts!
I just don't see what Ultra boats could do for Tom especially when they are 1100+ miles away? I don't even think a local dealer would be able to do anything concidering all the time that has passed.
I feel bad seeing a fellow boated with such bad luck, but the boat is in good hands at Skagens and will be better than ever!!!! I wish Tom the best of luck I just hope others see this post and think a bit and let the heat cool before starting a post in anger.

LOWRIVER2
10-25-2007, 01:23 AM
I found the above quote from Mr. tunl while searching ads. Notice he says he "can't really blame" John W. for the problem? Nice try posting a rant here a month later. Sorry Mr. 21, you had a bad deal but to blame Ultra?, even after you post that the original owner "fixed the engine to get the sale" to Ultra? What would you really, with a clear conscience, expect from Ultra after YOU posted THIS??

Jbb
10-25-2007, 04:04 AM
21 tunl....Bad Idea venting your frustrations in public on Ultra...look up Caveat Emptor.....it is up to YOU on any deal, to do your homework and check things out for yourself.....As for your troubles....welcome to the world of Hi Performance boating.......it comes with the territory.....You owe John W. and John D. an apology.....as for the upside......looks like you now have a really nice looking, ....and now dependable boat to cruise around in.....I had one......and I loved it....

21TUNL
10-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Just thought I would repost what was I said before.

pacman
10-28-2007, 06:40 AM
I wasn't going to post cause I don't want to sound like an ass or offend anyone but I think this post was a bad idea! The idea of blasting a business publicly when you can't prove they did something intentionally to defraud you is in bad taste to me.
From what I have read this boat is 5+ years old ,was baught and traveled 1100+ miles without any problems (maybe some extra noise from hitch?) it was taken out for some hotlaps (I saw it on U-tube) then it sat for 3 winter months before the trailers problems arose only after getting (cut off and slaming on the brakes, the wheel brake locked up) is what was posted months back on the skagen site. It took a long time to get that fixed cause some non reputable shop tried and made things worse. Now its been almost a year from purchase. The last was the motor giving out. Some new boats have only a one year warranty or less, especially when it comes to performance parts!
I just don't see what Ultra boats could do for Tom especially when they are 1100+ miles away? I don't even think a local dealer would be able to do anything concidering all the time that has passed.
I feel bad seeing a fellow boated with such bad luck, but the boat is in good hands at Skagens and will be better than ever!!!! I wish Tom the best of luck I just hope others see this post and think a bit and let the heat cool before starting a post in anger.
ITS ABOUT TIME,IM GLAD SOMEONE WAS READING THIS THAT HAD SOME BRAINS AND WROTE SOMETHING INTELLENGENT IN RETURN