PDA

View Full Version : A little gearhead vid I took the other week

cfm
10-17-2007, 12:13 PM
This vid is made with my helmut cam and MiniDV recorder of one of my buddies a few week-ends ago. The date on vid is wrong for political reasons. LOL.
No race here - just bombin around havin some fun for last rip of the year.
Anyway, hope it's different enough for you to enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pR1PuUK_s8

cstraub
10-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Scott,
Too cool...love the choice of music...

cfm
10-18-2007, 03:50 AM
It is pretty cool. Definately something you don't get to see that often. He is almost done restoring another one for his early teenage son.
He is part of a club that puts on exhibitions around the Northeast. They set up a race course and run'm . Then you can see some at the docks tied up and some in the pits. Pretty wild to see these things. The club is for antique race boats. All of them have some sort of history. Many different types of boats. I have a vid from a show they put on this year locally that shows some with Packards, Rolls Royces, BBC's of course, yada,yada,yada. The wood craftmanship and $$$ put into some of these things are astounding.

cstraub
10-18-2007, 08:25 AM
I've got a customer up there, New England Boat Works, Mark Mason. He does restoration on the old 'woody" and retro's them with BBC power. He has several Rolls Royce engine boats. He has sent me several pic's of them. Pretty cool.

cfm
10-19-2007, 04:23 AM
167 views and just one (Cstraub) commented. LOL. I figured some others would like it and maybe? some wouldn't. Oh well. LOL.
Maybe it's the Metallica ? Or sound of small block with open headers ?
Next time maybe I'll try '50 cent' or 'jay Z' ? LOL.

cstraub
10-19-2007, 05:41 AM
PLEASE keep the Metalica!!!!!!

hotbo
10-19-2007, 09:14 AM
i think its great cfm look like alot of fun,:D

caribbean20
10-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Very cool. Reminds me of when my dad used to take me to watch the Unlimited hydroplanes on the Detroit River growing up. Nothing like the old Allison and RR aircraft engines pounding your chest, back in the Miss Bardahl, Budweiser and Atlas Van Lines days. Now the unlimited lights put on about the same show.

maxwedge
10-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Very cool! I love hydros! I would especially love to see some vintage stuff, but I don't know anyplace they run em here in the midwest though.

cfm
10-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Some photo's of some other antique race boats from a meet he ran in locally this year:

@theRVR
10-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Some photo's of some other antique race boats from a meet he ran in locally this year:
Those are some clean lookin old rides, where was this at?