PDA

View Full Version : Theft recovery systems.

MADDOG355
10-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Ok what are the options in theft recovery systems?
I have read a little on the lojak site and as I understand it the police units must be within range to recive the signal. I don't like that worth a crap in a rural area.
I also like the idea of somthing with its own battery system.

finsfan4life
10-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Ok what are the options in theft recovery systems?
I have read a little on the lojak site and as I understand it the police units must be within range to recive the signal. I don't like that worth a crap in a rural area.
I also like the idea of somthing with its own battery system.
Maddog.. Take my advice (from personal experience)...Lojack is worth every penny..But, Lojack prices are very negotiable.
Officers luv Lojack activations (lots of fun to track down)...I have seen Lojack vehicles get recovered within a few minutes.
And just so u know, Lojack becomes activated when u do a police report. When the officer inputs the stolen vehicle information in the system, it activates. It is only deactivated when it is taken out of the system, or if a Lojack field representative does it (by the way police department helocopters are also eqiupped as many many police cars are).
And by the way, the Lojack customer service is great...By the way,Onstar system is OK, but not as good as Lojack...
Oh I almost forgot, And yes, most of the people that are driving the stolen car are, of course, Raider Fans..!!!
Finsfan..

ULTRA26 # 1
10-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Maddog.. Take my advice (from personal experience)...Lojack is worth every penny..But, Lojack prices are very negotiable.
Officers luv Lojack activations (lots of fun to track down)...I have seen Lojack vehicles get recovered within a few minutes.
And just so u know, Lojack becomes activated when u do a police report. When the officer inputs the stolen vehicle information in the system, it activates. It is only deactivated when it is taken out of the system, or if a Lojack field representative does it (by the way police department helocopters are also eqiupped as many many police cars are).
And by the way, the Lojack customer service is great...
Finsfan..
I agree. Lojack is good stuff.

BOBALOO
10-17-2007, 05:44 PM
There was just a thread about recovery systems for boats on here. Do a search for Dewalt Mobilelock.
http://www.dewalt.com/us/security/mobilelock/
Looks like a good unit for boats and it is able to be transferred between vehicles, boats, equipment, can prob use it to track your kids.:D
I have the Lojack early warnng on our Lexus but only because it came with it. It works good, and will notify us pretty quickly if I drive the car with the spare keys that dont have the transmitter.

finsfan4life
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
There was just a thread about recovery systems for boats on here. Do a search for Dewalt Mobilelock.
http://www.dewalt.com/us/security/mobilelock/
Looks like a good unit for boats and it is able to be transferred between vehicles, boats, equipment, can prob use it to track your kids.:D
I have the Lojack early warnng on our Lexus but only because it came with it. It works good, and will notify us pretty quickly if I drive the car with the spare keys that dont have the transmitter.
FYI...I thought u were talking about cars...