PDA

View Full Version : pump........

468miller
10-17-2007, 10:49 PM
well i pulled the motor out of the boat tonight to go to the builder, is there anyone who would like to take the pump out for me, as i have no idea how to do this, its a 1 piece berk pump, but i will be converting it to a split bowl w droop and diverter...........:idea:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Call me.........
Why are you removing it??

Devilman
10-18-2007, 04:22 AM
well i pulled the motor out of the boat tonight to go to the builder, is there anyone who would like to take the pump out for me, as i have no idea how to do this, its a 1 piece berk pump, but i will be converting it to a split bowl w droop and diverter...........:idea:
Are you wanting to pull the pump to get it worked on/rebuilt?
You don't have to remove the pump just to do the bowl swap.....:)

GAWnCA
10-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Just my 2 cents. IF you do take the pump apart and decide to replace a couple of gaskets, parts, etc... go on and buy a complete rebuild kit right out of the gate. It'll save you money and time in the long run. The parts you don't need, sell them. Otherwise you'll nickel and dime yourself and it'll cost you almost as much as if you bought a new factory rebuilt pump. Trust me, I know. :rolleyes:

Pops@Aggressor
10-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Get your hands dirty- Its a simple pump 1 moving part-the shaft. buy a rebuild kit as mentioned and go for it. The board will help you- Or get a sound pump builder to do it for you. Also get a hold of a pump rebuild book it walks you thru it. Good Luck in whatevery you do.

GAWnCA
10-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Someone else posted this information and I thought it might be good to post again. American Turbine posted a pretty good manual for rebuilding the Berkeley jet pump. Simple, to the point and with pictures.
http://www.americanturbine.com/downloads/pdf/oh_manuals/berk_oh_manual.pdf
Use it with the Berkeley manual and you'll have it rebuilt in no time.
DO NOT BUY ONE PIECE AT A TIME!!!!

jet454boat
10-18-2007, 10:52 AM
468miller give me a call man i can help u pull the pump out

468miller
10-18-2007, 05:02 PM
pumps out, my buddies just anal bout gettin his garage dirty, well off to get reglassed, with white and tan, should look good.........ya i figure whys its out have mike go thru it, and convert to split bowl, with droop and place diverter, thanks anyway jake. God i hope my girlfriend dosent look at our bank account for awhile...............:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :jawdrop:

jet454boat
10-18-2007, 07:10 PM
pumps out, my buddies just anal bout gettin his garage dirty, well off to get reglassed, with white and tan, should look good.........ya i figure whys its out have mike go thru it, and convert to split bowl, with droop and place diverter, thanks anyway jake. God i hope my girlfriend dosent look at our bank account for awhile...............:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :jawdrop:
hey man i just hope u didnt get that nice new carpet all greasy, did u get that motor down to vick

468miller
10-18-2007, 09:54 PM
dropping it off tuesday, ya carpets ok, cleaned up well, just a few spots, thanks for the help man, probally aint as nice as the rest on here, but hey its a start......:D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-18-2007, 10:57 PM
We will get your pump dialed in ;) Your close and we got some killer pull out here;) At the rate your going, you'll be a "Eastsider" real quick;)
By the way, Eastside crew is the name of us jetters in the 480:)

468miller
10-18-2007, 11:53 PM
thanks mike, if my girlfriend finds out how much money i keep dumping in this thing i may be livin in it............:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( ................heads up if she ever askes at the lake all our boats are under 1500.00.........:D :D

Jordy
10-19-2007, 12:07 AM
God i hope my girlfriend dosent look at our bank account for awhile...............:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :jawdrop:
Why would your girlfriend have any access to your bank account??? That's just dumb in and of itself. What's mine is mine. What's yours becomes mine. You get nothing. Especially in the g/f phase. My God you jetters have some shit to learn. :D :D :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-19-2007, 12:12 AM
thanks mike, if my girlfriend finds out how much money i keep dumping in this thing i may be livin in it............:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :( ................heads up if she ever askes at the lake all our boats are under 1500.00:D
Nice! My girl told me to go F_CK my boat one day :D :D I told her "That might not be a bad idea:idea: It never complains and will always be there when I need her" :D :D She gave me a dirty look :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-19-2007, 12:12 AM
My God you jetters have some shit to learn. :D :D :D
Whats this YOU jetters schit?????? That is EXACTLY how I roll ;)
Spitter

LuckyDaze
10-19-2007, 07:27 AM
You know I talked to one of the miller boys on the phone when I first bought the boat. They have done a lot of tune and testing on our hauls back when they raced them. He told me a droop doesn't do anything for the performance of the boat. He even went so far as to tell me that a place diverter wouldn't help much either. I chose to put the diverter on so I can have control over the front of the boat when Im going through chop. You may want to call him up and ask him bout the droop. Miller told me that the best bang for the buck, where I would see the most improvement was with a nozzle reducer. He gave me the sizing but I have long since forgotten it. It might be worth an extra couple hundred bucks still in your pocket.
~Brian

GAWnCA
10-19-2007, 07:36 AM
You know I talked to one of the miller boys on the phone when I first bought the boat. They have done a lot of tune and testing on our hauls back when they raced them. He told me a droop doesn't do anything for the performance of the boat. He even went so far as to tell me that a place diverter wouldn't help much either. I chose to put the diverter on so I can have control over the front of the boat when Im going through chop. You may want to call him up and ask him bout the droop. Miller told me that the best bang for the buck, where I would see the most improvement was with a nozzle reducer. He gave me the sizing but I have long since forgotten it. It might be worth an extra couple hundred bucks still in your pocket.
~Brian
Hey Brian, With the Place Diverter can't you still add in the nozzle rings? Too bad you don't remember the size he told you. That would be very helpful. I'm converting mine old Jetovator over to a Place Diverter, and going through the pump as well. Would be nice to get the best bang to start with. Greg

468miller
10-19-2007, 06:39 PM
thanks for the info, maybe ill just put a diverter on my one piece bowl............:D :idea:

GAWnCA
10-19-2007, 08:12 PM
thanks for the info, maybe ill just put a diverter on my one piece bowl............:D :idea:
That's what I did.

468miller
10-19-2007, 09:19 PM
gawnca post a few pics..............:idea: :idea:

squirt'nmyload
10-19-2007, 09:30 PM
what good are nozzle inserts for a lake boat????....that 10th of a second sure does make a difference getting back to the docks.....am i wrong here????????

GAWnCA
10-19-2007, 09:51 PM
what good are nozzle inserts for a lake boat????....that 10th of a second sure does make a difference getting back to the docks.....am i wrong here????????
I don't run on a lake and don't have a clue what good a nozzle really is for a pleasure jet boat.

GAWnCA
10-19-2007, 09:52 PM
gawnca post a few pics..............:idea: :idea:
Pictures of what? Right now my pump is all apart. :)

squirt'nmyload
10-19-2007, 10:00 PM
I don't run on a lake and don't have a clue what good a nozzle really is for a pleasure jet boat.
well wherever you run, i don't think it would make that big of a difference messing with the inserts unless you are running for time

GAWnCA
10-19-2007, 10:14 PM
well wherever you run, i don't think it would make that big of a difference messing with the inserts unless you are running for time
Well, I'm not out to race, just have fun and go a little faster. I'll go for some bling but it doesn't have to win races.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Yup;)