PDA

View Full Version : how to prevent corrosion in new aluminum block

badbug
10-18-2007, 07:55 AM
i have a brand new bbc merlin x block and will be using it in my boat engine and would like to know if there is any way to coat just the water jackets in the block to prevent corrosion. I will only use it in fresh water application, but i had one before and it corroded quite a bit. I really would like to keep the outside of block stock looking. thanks

UBFJ #454
10-18-2007, 09:25 AM
We sealed our water courses by pumping a ceramic coating fluid through the motor after assembly. I've forgotten the name of the product we used (been awhile), but, got it from either Summit or Jegs ... We used two bottles, $15 +/- range ea. ... Instructions are printed on the lable.

wsuwrhr
10-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I have thought about making some zinc inserts for my alloy block and attaching them to the core plugs.
Brian

Unchained
10-22-2007, 02:53 AM
BadBug,
I have'nt heard from your friend Rick for quite a while.
Did he get his turbo boat running ?
Mark

badbug
10-22-2007, 06:06 AM
BadBug,
I have'nt heard from your friend Rick for quite a while.
Did he get his turbo boat running ?
Mark
hey mark, hows it going? Rick does have his boat going now but says he doesnt know how fast it is yet as he has no speedometer. He says he has wastegates wide open and motor turns 6500 rpms. Forgot what impeller it had in it. Im finally getting back to my turbo deal again. Iwould like to talk to you about some turbo stuff when you get time and about your new v drive boat you have. Let me know when is a good time to call you. see ya, gary