PDA

View Full Version : Need a Good/Cheap Chevy Mechanic in South OC

Goad
10-18-2007, 09:02 AM
My cousin has a '99 Chevy Silverado and he blew a radiator hose last night....took it to this goodyear place here in foothill ranch and they want to replace the water pump and a ton of other shit and charge him $800 to repair it.....being desperate to get his car back, he told them to go ahead with the service.
I personally think hes being taken for a ride but he doesn't have time to take it somewhere else to get an estimate.
Does anyone have a suggestion on where he can take his truck to get it fixed next time hes got an issue? Something close to foothill ranch/lake forest/mission viejo that is cheap, reliable, and trustworthy.
Thanks!

Jyruiz
10-18-2007, 09:10 AM
That is all easy to do, my cousin and I changed the water pump, radiator hoses and all the belts and the parts didn't even go over $300.00, I don't even think it took us 3 hours to do all that. The reason they want to replace all kinds of stuff, is because they already have it all taken apaprt, so you might as well do more preventative maintenance while in there. Wish I knew somebody I could refer you too.

pixilatedpussy
10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
My cousin has a '99 Chevy Silverado and he blew a radiator hose last night....took it to this goodyear place here in foothill ranch and they want to replace the water pump and a ton of other shit and charge him $800 to repair it.....being desperate to get his car back, he told them to go ahead with the service.
I personally think hes being taken for a ride but he doesn't have time to take it somewhere else to get an estimate.
Does anyone have a suggestion on where he can take his truck to get it fixed next time hes got an issue? Something close to foothill ranch/lake forest/mission viejo that is cheap, reliable, and trustworthy.
Thanks!
You are welcome to call our shop & I will transfer you to our mechanic. ;)

IMPATIENT 1
10-18-2007, 10:12 AM
i just finished a putting on a new pump and hoses in a 2000 4wd not 2hrs ago and it only cost him @500.00. the pump was delco(@260) and the hoses where gates brand(@50total). total labor by the book was around 2.5hrs.your bud needs to go to a dealership;)

Some Kind Of Monster
10-18-2007, 10:20 AM
What's the saying? Cheap labor isn't good and good labor isn't cheap.

IMPATIENT 1
10-18-2007, 10:24 AM
yep:D of course dealerships out on the west coast prob have alot higher labor rate than we do. ours is 82.00 an hr., in dallas its 108:eek:

Goad
10-18-2007, 10:32 AM
yeah, but being ripped off isn't fun either.

HemiDude
10-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Don't you live in the OC? Price should be no object:idea: :D
Thanks!

HALLETT BOY
10-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks!
Cheap , reliable and trustworthy ??? you cant have all three !!

Goad
10-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I know...i know you get what you pay for...and that cheap isnt good and good isnt cheap....but i would like to find a happy medium.
mainly, im looking for someone who i can send him to that will do honest work for a reasonable price.....not just some shop that wants to make a buck off unsuspecting people who don't know any better and are desperate to get their car back on the road.

Throttle
10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
u dont get cheap good mechanics for any chevy...

IMPATIENT 1
10-18-2007, 11:10 AM
MAYBE IN YOUR NECK O WOODS;) :D here in small towns , if you don't have all 3 above mentioned qualities, you go outta business:sqeyes: