PDA

View Full Version : Information (of course as I don't know very much)

newbie Mike
09-08-2003, 08:19 PM
You guys amaze me with the breadth and wealth of knowledge on Jet boats. I am still rebuilding this dam* Biesemeyer and now have come to another question. The wiring from the front console is all original and the wiring is copper (remember copper wiring). One of my friends said that all the wiring is color coded and that even if the wiring is changed , I should maintain the color coding. My question is does anyone know where I might find an original schematic, I am not sure what goes where, and my thought is to trace each wire out, but if there is a schmatic that could make life lots easier. Also as this is a 72 vintage boat there are no circuit breakers only a couple of fuses behing the dash panel. I personally like the idea of circuit breakers or at very least a fuse block, any comments on that would be appreciated. :confused:

Cs19
09-08-2003, 08:26 PM
http://liquidaddiction.net/Images2/ignitionandgage.jpg
from liquidaddiction.net...anyone know what color is most commonly used for an electronic fuel pump?

Moneypitt
09-08-2003, 08:35 PM
If you stop and think about it, just how many wires are necesary in a boat? If the gauges are still conected, there is the color code for those. The wires coming from the ign sw., once again how many? 1) 12v to coil or ballast resistor, from the "run" side of the sw. 2)12v to the solinoid, from the "start" terminal, 3) 12v to the gauges, from the "acc" side of the sw.,and so on...Tracing the existing wiring isn't that tough, just record the colors for future use, and use common sense, (10ga. is charging circuit). If any wiring looks beat up, it probably is!! Replace it.. I personally don't fuse the basics in a boat, Accessories yes, but not the basic stuff, boats don't have a common ground like a car, so its not as easy to short things out... Just my .02....Moneypitt

FastRat1
09-09-2003, 07:49 AM
CS19...very kewl diagram...thnx for posting it
Ron
p.s. i would think u could use any color u wanted too for the fuel pump...looks like yellow would work...just my 2 cents

Cs19
09-09-2003, 08:50 AM
ya i used orange. Since i did the whole boat in the correct colors i was wondering what the correct color was.

FastRat1
09-09-2003, 09:03 AM
dont have a clue what the correct color is...just suggested yellow cause there is already an orange wire in the diagram (starter sol. to ballast res.)
keeps everything sorted this way
Ron

PLACECRAFT20
09-09-2003, 12:45 PM
Just for everyones information. I found that the diagram above must be generic for boats. I have done some mercruiser work in the shop and the diagram matched them also.

Cs19
09-09-2003, 01:24 PM
ewf, I didnt see that. Oh well, I dont think im running one of those things since i have MSD so its cool. :D Yellow is supposed to be for the bilge pumps anyway. :cool: