PDA

View Full Version : strength question?

jetboat
10-19-2007, 04:52 AM
this it probley a dumb question,however having a discussion and need advise.have a non stringered boat,only has the stringers for motor support.at the end of the stringers theres a 3/4'' going across the face of the stringers and to the side of the boat.this is about 6'' high and also supported the rear bench seat.want to remove the sides and only leave the part attached to the stringers,so bucket seats can be installed.will thsi cause any structural problems?i think it was added only for the rear seat to rest on.

Devilman
10-19-2007, 05:07 AM
Sounds like something you could get rid of. Can you get a couple of pics of it? Get a better idea with a visual. :D

IMPATIENT 1
10-19-2007, 05:17 AM
Sounds like something you could get rid of. Can you get a couple of pics of it? Get a better idea with a visual. :D
its a taylor sj kenny
steve, make them as long as you and andy can, the longer the better(so the lady's tell me:D )
you could also rebuild the short stringers and tie them into a frame work under the floor.i'll get ryan to post a pic of his, he did a nice job.

jetboat
10-19-2007, 05:27 AM
tom,its the seat support frame,the bucket seats wont fit unless this only removed on the sides.and leave the center section so the stringers die into it.

IMPATIENT 1
10-19-2007, 05:31 AM
if you guys are doin the floor, why not make seat "boxes" and mount/glass those to the floor before you carpet, then mount the bucket ontop of that.
mounting bucket low enough to touch the stringer/floor on a sj is to low anyways, its gotta have about 4 inches above the floor to mount, and you could screw the box to the floor side, glass it the the hull part it lays on .

jetboat
10-19-2007, 05:37 AM
the floor is new,andy wants 4 bucket seats like my avenger was.saw ryans seating install.and yes,ive built seating boxes for the front seats.i'am kepping only the center part that the stringers die into,and have removed the sides.also lowered the center piece to align with top of the stringers.

IMPATIENT 1
10-19-2007, 05:39 AM
the floor is new,andy wants 4 bucket seats like my avenger was.saw ryans seating install.and yes,ive built seating boxes for the front seats.i'am kepping only the center part that the stringers die into,and have removed the sides.also lowered the center piece to align with top of the stringers.
you need to learn pic posting:D also nobody on this site has seen your sj, you need to post some pics of it;)

jetboat
10-19-2007, 05:41 AM
brain dead on posting pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Longstr
10-19-2007, 05:48 AM
I thought I had already shown you that!! :D

jetboat
10-19-2007, 05:50 AM
nope,dont thik so.