PDA

View Full Version : Desert Storm WEEKEND 2008 – Read It Here First

C-2
10-19-2007, 07:52 AM
Oh my, there is a storm like no other brewing in the desert. This is a quick heads-up for all our online friends.
If everything goes as planned, Desert Storm Poker Run 08 will be the biggest, baddest, most action-filled boating event EVER.
Lakeracer LLC, Lake Havasu City, the magazines, and even other event organizers are all working towards an epic event. Not one, but three days of non-stop boating activities for participants AND spectators. Lake Havasu City will enjoy something it has never seen before, or at least I can remember.
After Desert Storm Weekend 08, Lake Havasu City will have thrown the challenge as THE performance event to beat for 2008 (sorry Florida).:D
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Friday, April 25, 2008
Saturday, April 26, 2008
You should be in town on Thursday and plan on being busy till Sunday morning. Make your reservations now because there is not doubt the entire town will sell out quickly (quick, as in by December). Sponsorship opportunities fill quickly, so please contact us soon if you want a piece of the action.
And while yes, some of you might know about the new format of the run – the activities I am writing about are above and beyond those plans.
:) :) :)
--------------------
More to follow within the next week or two.
Jim Nichols, Art Witzell & Craig Bassham, of
Lakeracer, LLC
(602)863-3713
Cell Phone - (602) 578-5975

Froggystyle
10-19-2007, 07:56 AM
That is great news Craig...
I will keep my ears open for sure. We had a total blast at last years run. Can't wait for next year!
Wes

Garrddogg
10-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Awsome sounds great!!:D

riverracerx
10-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Gonna be a great event! I can't wait for 2008 and the next boating season!!
I know a place you can book your Havasu hotel too. ;)
vvvvvvvvvv

AZJD
10-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Dammit!!!!!! Same weekend as Laughlin again...... Tough decision.:(

Keith E. Sayre
10-19-2007, 08:58 AM
that should not be a tough decision! by the way, love your avatar at the
bottom of the posts!, well, love your other avatar too!
Keith Sayre

INSman
10-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Good news Craig, can't wait !! :D

USCFAN
10-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Good news Craig, can't wait !! :D
Is that old boat of yours running yet?:)

Havasu1986
10-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Just called my snowbird and told him he has to be gone by that weekend. :D

spectras only
10-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I sure would like to attend , even as a spectator . What 's the best spot to
take pictures ?

Hardly Satisfied
10-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Just called my snowbird and told him he has to be gone by that weekend. :D
That is so wrong :D

socalmofo
10-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Man I really wish this was not always the same weekend as the biker run.

Havasu1986
10-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Last weekend in April every time. Eliminators regatta is always the first weekend in May. ;)

C-2
10-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Many dates were tossed around this year, but there was no way around it. This will be the 9th year of the poker run, so it's hard to change it up.
Do both!

C-2
10-19-2007, 01:23 PM
take pictures ?
Thompson Bay will be very busy this event, for several days. This should afford spectators unprecedented opportunities to see everything up-close and personal.
Try to make it down Spectra's, and bring your boat. I always enjoy your tech posts and would like to see that thing run. :)

Froggystyle
10-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Hey Spectra... you make it down and you can hang with us all weekend... though I would love to see your Spectra on the water.
My buddy just bought a 32' Spectra in pretty nice shape recently. Cool boat! Got to see it run a bit out in Parker last weekend...

moneypit
10-19-2007, 01:54 PM
I just booked every room at the Nautical. It's MINE, ALL MINE.... Muuuuaaaaaahhhhaaaaaahhhhh!:D :D :D

spectras only
10-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Thompson Bay will be very busy this event, for several days. This should afford spectators unprecedented opportunities to see everything up-close and personal.
Try to make it down Spectra's, and bring your boat. I always enjoy your tech posts and would like to see that thing run. :)
That would be probably the longest haul for me :idea: :D . My boat isn't the fastest , but it's sure exciting to drive such a small boat with twins , compared to the big boys , who would fall asleep going 75 :) .
In the meantime you can see my boat running here ,hehe
http://media.putfile.com/Mirage-257-on-the-North-Arm-Fraser-
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/ah.wmv

spectras only
10-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey Spectra... you make it down and you can hang with us all weekend... though I would love to see your Spectra on the water.
My buddy just bought a 32' Spectra in pretty nice shape recently. Cool boat! Got to see it run a bit out in Parker last weekend...
Wes , I've sold my 20 and 24 Spectras to buddies of mine and only have the 19 left at the lake where it stays permanently .Love the 32's I've never owned . Went for a ride on Dave's [ Dkahnjob ] last summer . Did your buddy bought the red one that was in ***boat's classifieds ?

LakeRacer
10-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Many dates were tossed around this year, but there was no way around it. This will be the 9th year of the poker run, so it's hard to change it up.
Do both!
Actually Craig, it's our tenth year...you have to count 1999. :D Ten years and still growing and still getting better! :rollside:

C-2
10-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Actually Craig, it's our tenth year...you have to count 1999. :D Ten years and still growing and still getting better! :rollside:
Fawk you're old :D

INSman
10-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Is that old boat of yours running yet?:)
Would run beter with a pair of Merc 26p 4-blade props !! :D

Throttle
10-19-2007, 04:09 PM
this event is always so exciting... looking forward to it as always!

LHC30Victory
10-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Looking Forward to this SHEBANG!

Havasu Hangin'
10-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Make your reservations now because there is not doubt the entire town will sell out quickly (quick, as in by December).
OK, gents. :notam:
Why is the Nautical charging $100 extra per room (non-refundable)?
:idea:

Liquid Courage
10-19-2007, 07:32 PM
I'll tell all right now....When the full details of this weekend are released you will absolutely not want to pass this one up. There is no other event or place you'll want to be. I will go so far to say that if there is only one event for the whole year you can do, this WILL be it! Stay tuned.

Havasu Hangin'
10-19-2007, 07:36 PM
I'll tell all right now....When the full details of this weekend are released you will absolutely not want to pass this one up. There is no other event or place you'll want to be. I will go so far to say that if there is only one event for the whole year you can do, this WILL be it! Stay tuned.
So what's the extra $100/room for?
:confused:

Havasu1986
10-19-2007, 07:53 PM
. :eek: :D

jdnichols
10-19-2007, 10:06 PM
HH, it's what I came up with this year to insure participants have a better chance to stay at the Nautical. Last year we had quite a few people who stayed at the Nautical but did not participate, and quite a few who participated who couldn't get rooms at the Nautical.
I reserve the entire hotel for the poker run participants, so the $100.00 per room is a deposit on your event registration. Should you get two rooms, $100 goes toward your registration and $100 toward the extra crew members in your party, ect.
Hope that make sense.
Jim

Phat Matt
10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/b/a/0/ba0808b374cf1e96e76a845a17b640e9.gif

Havasu Hangin'
10-20-2007, 03:46 AM
HH, it's what I came up with this year to insure participants have a better chance to stay at the Nautical. Last year we had quite a few people who stayed at the Nautical but did not participate, and quite a few who participated who couldn't get rooms at the Nautical.
I reserve the entire hotel for the poker run participants, so the $100.00 per room is a deposit on your event registration. Should you get two rooms, $100 goes toward your registration and $100 toward the extra crew members in your party, ect.
Hope that make sense.
Jim
That makes sense, and I even asked them that question. However, they couldn't explain it to me- they just said it went to the Nautical, for being part of the group- non-refundable.
I felt like just calling back and telling them I wasn't part of the group...lol.
You have been doing this a long time, and are the best in the business, so I am in no position to make recommendations. However, my suggestion would be to perhaps have the Nautical folks explain it better?

phebus
10-20-2007, 05:40 AM
That makes sense, and I even asked them that question. However, they couldn't explain it to me- they just said it went to the Nautical, for being part of the group- non-refundable.
I felt like just calling back and telling them I wasn't part of the group...lol.
You have been doing this a long time, and are the best in the business, so I am in no position to make recommendations. However, my suggestion would be to perhaps have the Nautical folks explain it better?
I doubt they are capable. :D :idea:
Looking forward to the event, and hopefully the street party on McCulloch like last year.

jdnichols
10-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I'll do that! It's not that hard, just remember great employees are hard to come by in Havasu :)

shueman
10-20-2007, 03:01 PM
We'll be there....the "Park & Shine" was awesome... :cool:

timewarp
10-20-2007, 03:07 PM
We'll be there for sure, it's a can't miss event!:) :) :)

spectras only
10-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Caleb , how long did it take you to drag your boat to Havasu :idea: ? I never did the Havi trip directly from here .

Rock-it man
10-20-2007, 04:00 PM
I am reserved the whole week see ya there.
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologies

KACHINA KEN
10-20-2007, 04:22 PM
OK, gents. :notam:
Why is the Nautical charging $100 extra per room (non-refundable)?
To pay for the remodel of the Captains Table? errr the naked turtle grill I mean;)

Jordy
10-20-2007, 08:51 PM
They've seen what you and Dan can do to a room after a night at the Turtle??? :idea:
They didn't say anything to me about an extra $100. I must not be on "THE LIST." :D

KahunaJuice
10-20-2007, 09:11 PM
take pictures ?
Any spot is a good spot.........................

C-2
10-21-2007, 09:03 AM
this event is always so exciting... looking forward to it as always!
Thanks for the kind words Throttle, your input means a lot to us.
And THANKS again to you and Jamie for that now infamous and record-shattering tow!:)

USCFAN
10-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Would run beter with a pair of Merc 26p 4-blade props !! :D
I havn't blown all my dough yet.:D Call me so we can figure it out.:D

Coveman
10-21-2007, 11:27 PM
How do you register if you are not staying at the Nautical? (Own a home in Havasu) I did not see a registration form on Lake Racer.com like last year for 08 Poker Run

LakeRacer
10-22-2007, 04:05 AM
How do you register if you are not staying at the Nautical? (Own a home in Havasu) I did not see a registration form on Lake Racer.com like last year for 08 Poker Run
Registration will be up pretty soon. We're working on it:D

Throttle
10-22-2007, 07:11 AM
rape fee

C-2
10-22-2007, 08:34 AM
All I can say is...sure would hate to be a bird or duck that weekend :eek: :sqeyes: :eek: :sqeyes: :eek: :)

SWOOP!
10-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Can't wait to run the new boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OnlyMoney
10-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Can't wait to run the new boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Saw you guys there this weekend. Didn't you take a running pic of us?? :D
I'm sure we're in, with our WITHOUT a boat....we never miss it. :)