PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here own a Buel motorcycle?

probablecause
10-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Anyone here own a Buel motorcycle? If so, what model and how do you like it? I heard they are "dogs" but I also hear they are a blast, especially with a loud exhaust.

mondorally
10-19-2007, 02:10 PM
I've been eyeing them for a while. Talk to Gary (Community on the boards) at Glendale HD/Buell if you pull the trigger on a new one.

RiverToysJas
10-19-2007, 02:13 PM
.....but I also hear they are a blast, especially with a loud exhaust.
Isn't "Blast" a model of Buell??? :idea:
RTJas :D

Trailer Park Casanova
10-19-2007, 02:15 PM
I've been eyeing them for a while. Talk to Gary (Community on the boards) at Glendale HD/Buell if you pull the trigger on a new one.
Yep, Gary is the hook up.
Several friends own them and Buells are in their blood.
They like the HD connection and being different from the Rice burners.

Community
10-19-2007, 02:24 PM
The new 1125 should be here soon and a few of the folks here have ridden the bike on a closed course up to the 150 mph mark. Ernie is the guy to talk to here about Buells as he is the in-house guru.
Thanks Mondorally.
Community aka Gary

Community
10-19-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks to you as well TPC.
Jason - yes the Blast is a Buell but it is a single and half the size of the other bikes. It is a great first bike and they sell very well. There is also a class that races them up at Willow. We have a shop racer that is pretty fast. We have also put the XBRR into service as a shop race bike.

probablecause
10-19-2007, 02:32 PM
I was actually looking at a "BUELL XB12SS Lightning Long" but wanted to know if the "long" is an option from the factory or an aftermarket extension kit.

beaverretriever
10-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Buells are good bikes. They handle amazing. The weight is very central. Oil is carried in the swingarm, fuel in the frame and have a world GP style pipe set up.
We have been a Buell Dealer for a long time. They are a very niche bike. If you want to go 150 every day, they are not the right bike. If you want to go fast stop light to stop light and carve up the canyons on somthing other than a GSXR750R they are a great bike.
Sounds like you may have a hook up in Cali with Community:) . If you are interested in having a non Cali bike that you want to register in one of the other 49 states, let me know. I have a few brand new ones (including the 12ss)that I can literally sell at cost.
Good luck.

boats&bars
10-19-2007, 03:13 PM
someone lied to you, they are quick but not fast. many friends have them and love them. if you want the best of both worlds buy a Ducati 998 or 999.
I would still own a buel. or even a KTM DUKE.

dicudmore
10-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Buells are good bikes. They handle amazing. The weight is very central. Oil is carried in the swingarm, fuel in the frame and have a world GP style pipe set up.
We have been a Buell Dealer for a long time. They are a very niche bike. If you want to go 150 every day, they are not the right bike. If you want to go fast stop light to stop light and carve up the canyons on somthing other than a GSXR750R they are a great bike.
Sounds like you may have a hook up in Cali with Community:) . If you are interested in having a non Cali bike that you want to register in one of the other 49 states, let me know. I have a few brand new ones (including the 12ss)that I can literally sell at cost.
Good luck.
what he said--I've worked with this John guy on a few bike deals and it couldn't be any easier :cool:
I have an 04 Buell XB12R Firebolt that I've had fun with, but don't ride anymore. About 5500 miles on it...

beaverretriever
10-20-2007, 10:14 AM
what he said--I've worked with this John guy on a few bike deals and it couldn't be any easier :cool:
I have an 04 Buell XB12R Firebolt that I've had fun with, but don't ride anymore. About 5500 miles on it...
LOL, the whole point of my post was to mention Dan's bike as well. I blew it...
BTW, Dan has a very nice XB12R cheap... :D

CBadDad
10-20-2007, 10:36 AM
If you want a bike in the sport/touring class you should ride some other bikes before pulling the trigger. I have never ridden a Buell, but the reviews I have read on them is that their braking system leaves a lot to be desired. That is scary when you think about it...
If you're mechanically inclined, then you might want to check out the Ducatti. :D
If you just want a HD, then you should probably stick with a classic model and enjoy it for what it is.
Whatever you decide, take a MSF class. You'll have more fun.
Be safe.

CBadDad
10-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Just buy one of these.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgwmiQr_t8M