PDA

View Full Version : Telephone question--

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know if there is a product out there that I can hook up to the phone on my desk (that's part of an older Nortel 20 unit phone system) that will make it bluetooth capable? I'd like to use the same bluetooth headset i have for my cell phone on my office phone.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-19-2007, 03:06 PM
I'd like to use the same bluetooth headset i have for my cell phone on my office phone.
Is that even possible? What happens if both devices were to ring at the same time or you were using the BT with one device and the other were to ring?
Anyway, some people at work use these Plantronics (http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat1210152/cat29990032) at work.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
10-19-2007, 03:11 PM
I thought about that and it seems that if i were on the cell phone, i would have to hang up and answer the desk phone, or if i were on the desk phone i could put them on hold and answer the cell. I have my cell on my desk all day and it hardly ever rings because the reception in my bldg is terrible.

duffster
10-19-2007, 04:03 PM
No such device for the hardsets. See if your Nortel switch is IP softphone capable. If so you can run it off your PC and it will work.
The IP softphone for the Avaya Definity works great with bluetooth.