PDA

View Full Version : EBAY: Buyers Beware Again

Not So Fast
10-19-2007, 05:17 PM
I'll make this short;) Found a Golf cart on Ebay and after some bartering we settled on a price, through the whole deal I stated that it had to have proper documentation. Comes down to the end of the deal and the guy says I have nothing and its too much trouble to go thru the DMV hoops to get a title. He now says he has 2 other buyers with deposits which I doubt but whatever. My comment to him was who would be fool enough to buy a vehicle with absolutley no paper work:idea: Would you buy something like this?? I passed. I wanted to register it for the street here in AZ and they said no way Jose, not without the correct paper work.:idea: NSF

RitcheyRch
10-19-2007, 05:22 PM
I would never purchase a vehicle without a title.

WishIknew
10-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Bought 1 brand new and didnt get shit either???????

RitcheyRch
10-19-2007, 05:26 PM
How do you register them without a title?

ULTRA26 # 1
10-19-2007, 05:29 PM
I didn't know that reg was required on a cart. I guess maybe for street.

Kim Hanson
10-19-2007, 05:31 PM
I didn't even know golf carts had titles. I've bought two, both fleet turnovers from golf courses, I didn't get shit.
Yes you did, ya know how those things are drove by drunk golfers :D :D .........( . )( . ).........It's shit !

phebus
10-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm the same as SWB, I have bought two from golf courses when they replaced them with new one's, and got nothing more then a bill of sale.

Mandelon
10-19-2007, 05:33 PM
If it wasn't registered before how can you even get a title????? I bought one, no paperwork. Use that possession is 9/10ths and shit. :D

probablecause
10-19-2007, 05:44 PM
I would assume that you would have to get a manufacturers certificate of origin to get it registered for the street. I don't even know if they have a VIN or not. My golf cart came with a bill of sale and that was it. But then again, it can't be registered for the street her in CA.

clownpuncher
10-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Not sure that it's that big of a deal. I've purchased two golf carts in the last two years, one from a golf cart place and another from a tow company owner. Didn't get jack shit as far as paperwork from either place.
I'd have zero issues buying another without paperwork. Registering for the street may be a different issue, I don't know. I just use mine to cruise the park and have fun on private property.
ROC

KACHINA KEN
10-19-2007, 07:15 PM
I'll make this short;) Found a Golf cart on Ebay and after some bartering we settled on a price, through the whole deal I stated that it had to have proper documentation. Comes down to the end of the deal and the guy says I have nothing and its too much trouble to go thru the DMV hoops to get a title. He now says he has 2 other buyers with deposits which I doubt but whatever. My comment to him was who would be fool enough to buy a vehicle with absolutley no paper work:idea: Would you buy something like this?? I passed. I wanted to register it for the street here in AZ and they said no way Jose, not without the correct paper work.:idea: NSF
I'd bet a million it was stolen.

Dave4XTC
10-19-2007, 07:38 PM
I don't have paper work for either of mine, I also purchase at least 30 a year for work and all we get is a bill of sale.
Unless you buy one brand new from a dealer and have it registered thru them. I would think it would be like a special construction like a sandrail.

Not So Fast
10-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Hmmm, I guess then you guys are more trusting than I am. All I know is to register it for the street in AZ there must be a MSO or title period. If not for the street such as a Rhino I almost bought there was an MSO that came with it. Maybe it's just me but if I pay for a vehicle, and it is a vehicle, then I want to have proof of ownership and some sort of legal papers. If you are ever in a position that you had to prove you owned it what would you do, show them nothing or some chessy bill of sale written on a napkin, NOT ME, NO THANKS, better safe that sorry in my book. Lots of crooks out there:( I'll keep looking;) NSF

Not So Fast
10-19-2007, 07:59 PM
I don't have paper work for either of mine, I also purchase at least 30 a year for work and all we get is a bill of sale.
Unless you buy one brand new from a dealer and have it registered thru them. I would think it would be like a special construction like a sandrail.
Dont vehicles for the dirt have to have a green stamp or something?? and to get that you dont have to show a certifcate of ownership???:idea: , wow, learn something every day I guess! NSF

TheCarDudes
10-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I purchased mine from a board member. He had it in Havasu but not registered yet. When I picked it up, he had the bill of sale from Rainbow Custom Carts as well as the MSO from EZ-GO. Every cart comes with one.
Something smells fishy on this deal for sure.

Dave4XTC
10-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Dont vehicles for the dirt have to have a green stamp or something?? and to get that you dont have to show a certifcate of ownership???:idea: , wow, learn something every day I guess! NSF
If it's a special construction you take the bill of sales to CHP and they issue a VIN # for the frame and run the serial #'s from the engine, Then you go to DMV and get your green sticker

Dave4XTC
10-19-2007, 08:50 PM
I purchased mine from a board member. He had it in Havasu but not registered yet. When I picked it up, he had the bill of sale from Rainbow Custom Carts as well as the MSO from EZ-GO. Every cart comes with one.
We buy refurbished carts from Saddleback and Capastrano Golfcarts here in So. Cal. and never get a MSO from EzGo:idea:

WishIknew
10-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Got a brand new one from Preimer in Havasu and no MSO just bill of sale???

RiverToysJas
10-20-2007, 09:08 AM
I have bought and registered vehicles with only a bill of sale or nothing at all. DMV has a process for registering w/o any paperwork, so long as the vehicle is not in their system which I think they keep going back like 7 years if it ever was.
I have a '85 250R I'm doing it with now. I think 77Charger did it with his sandrail too.
RTJas :D

Not So Fast
10-20-2007, 01:58 PM
I have bought and registered vehicles with only a bill of sale or nothing at all. DMV has a process for registering w/o any paperwork, so long as the vehicle is not in their system which I think they keep going back like 7 years if it ever was.
I have a '85 250R I'm doing it with now. I think 77Charger did it with his sandrail too.
I did talk with a very knowing lady in Phoenix who specializes in difficult title procurement. The process I believe is called a "Bonded Title" and it required the vehicle being brought to MVD, then either appraised there or by Blue book, then it is bonded for 150% of the value established at $75 per thousand, a complete and thorough search is performed which could take 4 weeks or more to see if thier are any liens, reports of theft or the like are against the said vehicle. I said youre kidding right to which she said they take this very seriously so who am I to say I wont worry about being legal with proper paper work. Not with the cost of these things. Again I just feel more comfortable with legal paper work, if you dont then thats cool, what ever floats your boat:D NSF

ThongMagnet
10-20-2007, 02:55 PM
There is a process, but basically you need a bill of sale, serial# or VIN must be on bill of sale. It must go through an inspection for proper equipment (windshield, brakes, turn signals, proper tires(DOT ratedl), etc....
I believe there is an additional titling fee.

RiverToysJas
10-20-2007, 03:54 PM
There is a process, but basically you need a bill of sale, serial# or VIN must be on bill of sale. It must go through an inspection for proper equipment (windshield, brakes, turn signals, proper tires(DOT ratedl), etc....
I believe there is an additional titling fee.
That is our process here in CA. In the case of my 250R, I have a serial #, and that's all they need. They ran it, it was off the books. I'm not worried about it coming up stolen. I have a bill of sale from the deputy sheriff I bought it off of, but the DMV didn't care about the BoS, they just wanted the serial #. I do have to bring it down to the CHP office & DMV for inspection, before they can complete the process. They say it'll cost me about $50 total.
But yeah, whatever people are comfortable with, every situation is different. :D

Not So Fast
10-20-2007, 04:17 PM
That is our process here in CA. In the case of my 250R, I have a serial #, and that's all they need. They ran it, it was off the books. I'm not worried about it coming up stolen. I have a bill of sale from the deputy sheriff I bought it off of, but the DMV didn't care about the BoS, they just wanted the serial #. I do have to bring it down to the CHP office & DMV for inspection, before they can complete the process. They say it'll cost me about $50 total.
But yeah, whatever people are comfortable with, every situation is different. :D
I dont have a choice but to comply with MVD since it will be licensed and insured for the sreet, AND WE WILL USE IT ALOT BECAUSE OF THESE F___ING GAS PRICES:mad: NSF