PDA

View Full Version : All Jaccuzi owners please read this!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-18-2002, 09:16 AM
I have a guy here that has an adapter plate to run a droop snoot on a jacuzzi. It bolts right up to your pump and it changes it to berkely so you can run a berk,at,dominator,etc diverter or droop without machining or energizer kit. $200 shipping included. Let me know if you guys are interested I can get them. If I take him a good size order I think we can get a group discount because I buy alot of parts from him.
396--

jetaddict
09-18-2002, 09:43 AM
Will it work on a yj pump???
Please tell me it will.

wsuwrhr
09-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Does it look anything like the one I already made?
Brian
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/droopad.JPG
[ September 18, 2002, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

malcolm
09-18-2002, 06:36 PM
Hey Brian, what do you want for those WJ parts you told me about the other day. I am interested in the A imp, bowl, and bushing. Maybe even the shaft.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-18-2002, 07:01 PM
Yep thats the same thing, in fact I just talked to the guy today and he said he would give me a discount because my friend spent $1500 in his shop today. $140 all day long. I can buy them and ship them to you guys if you need them,unless wsuwrhr can get them at a cheaper price. All I'm trying to do is hook everybody up that has a jucuzzi so they can get stuff easier. The guy also told me to take out the bolt inside the nozzle on the inside of the nozzle ( the one that is bloted to the cone). He said you will se a big difference in the performance. But you have to replace it with a pipe plug. Also I noticed that my nozzle has blow by and I asked him how to fix it and he said to put a berk nozzle on it "You are loosing bowl pressure" the jacuzzi old style nozzles are not very good and the place nozzle is water tight.

tripp
09-19-2002, 05:34 AM
Please tell me where this bolt is-I am not familiar with all the terms and all the names of parts. On the adapter-can I use the all stock setup that I have and droop it? Or will I have to change out from the droop back with a new diverter? Does the droop just give more roost or are there other benifits as well. Tryin to learn all I can. These boards are great!
Tripp

beached1
09-19-2002, 11:31 AM
tripp:
Please tell me where this bolt is-I am not familiar with all the terms and all the names of parts. On the adapter-can I use the all stock setup that I have and droop it? Or will I have to change out from the droop back with a new diverter? Does the droop just give more roost or are there other benifits as well. Tryin to learn all I can. These boards are great!
TrippHe's talking about item #40 in this parts listing from Nomera/Jacuzzi.
http://www.marinejet.com/pdf/NAMJ_12WJ_price_list.pdf
Also, do not do not do not put anything on the back of your Jacuzzi unless the bowl has been bored out to match whatever adapter you are installing. The Nozzle is part of the bowl in a Jacuzzi unlike all the others. Picture the water going through a nozzle then getting loose and haveing to fill the droop or adapter area, then through another nozzle b4 it hits the water. This would rob a lot of HP.
Hope this helps.
[ September 19, 2002, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: beached1 ]

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Tripp, as far as the bolt to take out its the bolt you see when you take off the nozzle and look straight into the bowl. As far as the adapter goes I think he said you have to cut off the end of the bowl(cones shaped piece). I think beached is right. I will be going up there in a few minutes and I will ask him again.

GeorgeL
09-20-2002, 11:13 AM
I built the same type of adapter using a CNC mill; might still have the file laying around somewhere. I added o-ring grooves front and back to esure a good seal.

jslimjeff
10-04-2002, 04:28 PM
Is this for a yj or wj Jacuzzi???

BrendellaJet
10-04-2002, 07:03 PM
jslimjeff:
Is this for a yj or wj Jacuzzi???The one in the pic looks like a WJ. Not sure about the YJ, but I think you need to buy the energizer kit before you can throw a rooster.

79Hawaiian
10-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Check it out,
I have a WJ pump with an external cleanout. Rumor says it was called the "Pirannah" pump and only 200 were ever produced.
http://boener.com/piranah.jpg
I am interested but I am concerned that the extended length of the pump + adapter + snoop + diverter + trimming material from the bowl will cause some structural integrity problems. I guess it should work since the Berk setback pumps are long but then again they are not as old as mine!
Can anyone suggest total cost of this project? I know I need:
-adapter plate $200
-droop $___
-diverter $___
-manual diverter cable $____
-manual diverter control lever $____
-2 friends and 2 cases of beer to drink during install
Anything I am forgetting

wsuwrhr
10-05-2002, 08:44 AM
79Hawaiian:
Check it out,
I have a WJ pump with an external cleanout. Rumor says it was called the "Pirannah" pump and only 200 were ever produced.
I am interested but I am concerned that the extended length of the pump + adapter + snoop + diverter + trimming material from the bowl will cause some structural integrity problems. I guess it should work since the Berk setback pumps are long but then again they are not as old as mine!The total length added to the pump with the droop will be 19 inches. You can put a Place Diverter or similar on your bowl, Place makes a diverter for a WJ pump. The problem is noone makes a droop for a Jacuzzi. That is the only reason why I added the ring to my bowl. The cost of the WJ diverter is more than a Berkley, but by the time you add the ring to the bowl, you end up at the same cost, but at least you can use Berkley ad-ons, such as wedges and droops.
As far as the structural qualities are concerned,
the ring is welded to the bowl, it isn't going to come off. The overall length of the mounting surfaces of the bowl will be the same, I machine the bowl back to accept the ring. When you add a diverter, the nozzle that is cast on the bowl needs to be cut off.
Can anyone suggest total cost of this project? I know I need:
-adapter plate $200
-droop $150 to 250 Place w/ride plate attachment
-diverter $450 Place
-manual diverter cable $45x2 43BC cable. You will also need to enlarge the hole for the reverse cable, the 43 BC is larger.
-manual diverter control lever $____I haven't bought this yet, but hydraulic controls are about 400.
-2 friends and 2 cases of beer to drink during install
Anything I am forgetting
Depends on the beer. Easy install. We are close, you could even install it here.
I am quoting costs from the top of my head, and it is a lot of dough, but anyone who has a diverter can attest, it is the single best part you could buy for a jetboat. Well, besides converting to Big block Dodge power. I bought all my parts from MPD, and I would recommend him to anyone. Jack is a stand up guy, and will answer answer any questions you may have.
Give me a call if you are interested,
909-982-4068.
Brian
[ October 05, 2002, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

oldbuck40
06-27-2005, 01:02 PM
hey 396 who is the guy that has the droop adapter for the wj jacuzzi?

wsuwrhr
06-28-2005, 07:24 AM
hey 396 who is the guy that has the droop adapter for the wj jacuzzi?
Hi
Brian

oldbuck40
06-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Hi
Brianhey Brian you got a new phone # the 909-982-4068 doesnt work and i cant get on your web site for some reason?

malcolm
06-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Wow, how long did it take you to find a 3 yr old thread!?! :D

oldbuck40
06-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Wow, how long did it take you to find a 3 yr old thread!?! :Dlike my wife says "you only remember stuff if it has somthing to do with your boat" !!! hell if i know how i remembered it but i did!

wsuwrhr
06-28-2005, 11:59 AM
hey Brian you got a new phone # the 909-982-4068 doesnt work and i cant get on your web site for some reason?
Web site should work also
Brian
909 883-3739

n8dawg
06-28-2005, 07:07 PM
can I still get one of those adapter plates?

Floored
06-28-2005, 08:41 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=71485&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=998 do you mean like this? mine is an 8 bolt adapter with all berk behind it,droop and place diverter.

wsuwrhr
06-29-2005, 12:40 PM
do you mean like this? mine is an 8 bolt adapter with all berk behind it,droop and place diverter.
Yep, pretty much like that.
Brian