PDA

View Full Version : My Boat Got Jacked Into Last Night...

Riverat84
10-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Im so fockin pissed! my 76 eliminator jetboat got broken into last night at the storage facility in hawaiian gardens:mad: ...my BBF 'had' a high ram intake, 2 holley 650s, a scoop and 2 spark arresters...GONE!....some fockers somehow came in and unbolted the whole assembly and took it....they scratched the hell out of my nice gelcoat, now thats screwed up also...scratched up my nice bassetts, and tore the front vinyl engine cover...just before i was going to take it out also...heres a pic::::
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/Picture_022k.JPG
if anyone sees this shit for sale, let me know so i can personally come take a look at it :devil:
EDIT:::::here's an after pic i just took...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P1010827.JPG

RitcheyRch
10-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Oh man that sucks. Wish we could kill thieves.

phebus
10-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Paging ULTRA26#1 and riodog. :idea:
Sorry to hear of your loss, hopefully insured.

squirt'nmyload
10-21-2007, 12:10 PM
i hate scumbags, i guess they needed it more than you :rolleyes:

WishIknew
10-21-2007, 12:14 PM
"Hey, if it's stolen, how come I see it in the picture?" :idea:
Here we go Again!!!!!!!

Riverat84
10-21-2007, 12:14 PM
it wasnt insured, i canceled it 2 months ago because i wasnt using it...i truley focked up on this one. im so upset!...thats at least 2k there gone right? i think the intake was made by offenhauser but i might be wrong...all i know is that that shit was dialed in perfectly, polished by yours truley, and taken care of...im not sure if i can afford to rebuild it...i might as well throw a chevy in now :(

phebus
10-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Any video cameras at the storage facility?

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Paging ULTRA26#1 and riodog. :idea:
Sorry to hear of your loss, hopefully insured.
Sorry to hear about this. Someone no doubt knew what they were after. Without witnesses or Cameras, probably little chance the POS will be caught.
Rick,
Rio and I are not alone, I promise.

squirt'nmyload
10-21-2007, 12:26 PM
i might as well throw a chevy in now :(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D :D

cave
10-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Riverat84 that sucks. Is the space itself insured? All the space rentals here have cameras. Does yours? Freaking crooks should be Injected with battery acid and left to die

Riverat84
10-21-2007, 12:32 PM
yeah there are cameras, a couple pointing in my general direction, so we'll see what the fock happenes tomarrow...im not sure if the space itself is insured, infact ive never heard of that...HOPE SO!....im ready to bust some heads right now...im so damn shook up right now...im a chevy guy anyway, and while this motor kicks ass, if i dont get anything from this, im going to just build a new motor...GOD!:mad:

HM
10-21-2007, 12:33 PM
...i might as well throw a chevy in now :(
That may have been why you were a target...."Running" Ford parts are extremely hard to come by. :D
Sorry to hear that. Was your boat indoors? I have a few tricks for additional security on enclosed storage...it is pretty hard to beat and easy to install.

HM
10-21-2007, 12:34 PM
...im not sure if the space itself is insured, infact ive never heard of that...HOPE SO!....
They are probably insured, but they won't be liable unless you can prove negligence on their part.

Riverat84
10-21-2007, 12:34 PM
this is what happenes...every damn time i drive down lincoln blvd in hawaiian gardens and turn into this storage facility, the ghetto ass people see EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE and exactly what they need...fock this place, man.

Riverat84
10-21-2007, 12:36 PM
They are probably insured, but they won't be liable unless you can prove negligence on their part.
ahh...i understand now...well it had to be a customer that stores there also...the walls are crazy high around this place and i cant see someone lugging 70lbs of alluminum over walls like that on a ladder...could that be proved neglegance on their part? IMHO it doesnt sound like much tho...

HM
10-21-2007, 12:37 PM
...hawaiian gardens ... the ghetto ass people
Who would have thought there was ghetto ass people in Hawaiian Gardens? :jawdrop: :D

Riverat84
10-21-2007, 12:40 PM
It sounds so lush and tropical.
LOL!

Riverat84
10-21-2007, 12:41 PM
niiiiice...now im focked.

HM
10-21-2007, 12:51 PM
niiiiice...now im focked.
Ever noticed how focked and Ford start and end in the same letters? Coinkydink? I think not. :D

djunkie
10-21-2007, 12:52 PM
yeah there are cameras, a couple pointing in my general direction, so we'll see what the fock happenes tomarrow...im not sure if the space itself is insured, infact ive never heard of that...HOPE SO!....im ready to bust some heads right now...im so damn shook up right now...im a chevy guy anyway, and while this motor kicks ass, if i dont get anything from this, im going to just build a new motor...GOD!:mad:
A chevy guy that has a Ford powered boat and a Hemi avatar. :D J/K Sorry to hear about your boat. :(

Throttle
10-21-2007, 12:54 PM
argggggg:mad:

Oldsquirt
10-21-2007, 12:58 PM
First off, it really sucks to hear of something like this happening.
Why do feel that losing the intake and carbs somehow requires rebuilding or replacing the engine? You need a new intake and carb(s). Probably a good time to see how it runs with a single plane intake and single carb. Whole lot less "bling" to attract the lowlife thieves.
...im not sure if i can afford to rebuild it...i might as well throw a chevy in now :(
....... and while this motor kicks ass, if i dont get anything from this, im going to just build a new motor...GOD!:mad:

YeLLowBoaT
10-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Might want to check your home owners/ renters... mine covers my storage place from theft, but its very limited.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Might want to check your home owners/ renters... mine covers my storage place from theft, but its very limited.
YB, HO coverage doesn't apply to Cars or Boats, where separate coverage is available.

probablecause
10-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I am trying to get out of this hell-hole (California) but my wife is not sold on it yet.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I am trying to get out of this hell-hole (California) but my wife is not sold on it yet.
Sorry to jack the thread, but where in North OC?

YeLLowBoaT
10-21-2007, 01:48 PM
YB, HO coverage doesn't apply to Cars or Boats, where separate coverage is available.
Actually mine does... it just has to be under 16 ft... covers stuff like fishing gear, boat shit and OBs up to 60 hp. Just have to read the fine print. i doubt that he is covered, but a its worth a phone call to find out.

r erfert
10-21-2007, 01:49 PM
"Hey, if it's stolen, how come I see it in the picture?" :idea:
:)
I guess some of us need a before and AFTER picture:D
F&n thieves
I'll keep an eye and ear out

Wheeler
10-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Sorry to jack the thread, but where in North OC?
As I recall, he is from good old Brea! :D

Ralph Brunt
10-21-2007, 02:04 PM
sorry about your loss, but, Hawaiin Gardens??? it was only a matter of time.
i'm a ford guy so i will be looking out for your parts, i should be going to the hotrod swap at vets and i'll keep an eye out for ya.
ralph

Riverat84
10-21-2007, 02:57 PM
sorry about your loss, but, Hawaiin Gardens??? it was only a matter of time.
i'm a ford guy so i will be looking out for your parts, i should be going to the hotrod swap at vets and i'll keep an eye out for ya.
ralph
dude thanx alot!...yeah i miss the vets show everytime...talk about bad luck man
Reid

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 03:02 PM
As I recall, he is from good old Brea! :D
Interesting, as I looked at his profile as seems we might be in the same line of work. We probably know or know of each other.
Again, sorry for jacking the thread.

Riverat84
10-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Interesting, as I looked at his profile as seems we might be in the same line of work. We probably know or know of each other.
Again, sorry for jacking the thread.
nah no worries bro, just keep an eye out for me :D

milkmoney
10-21-2007, 03:08 PM
reid sorry to hear about the theft, sure makes a guy feel violated, just remember they are lower than whale shit and that sinks to the bottom of the ocean, does this mean your not going to sell the boat with talk of new motor or going to sell being mad?

ULTRA26 # 1
10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
nah no worries bro, just keep an eye out for me :D
:D :D

Riverat84
10-21-2007, 05:50 PM
reid sorry to hear about the theft, sure makes a guy feel violated, just remember they are lower than whale shit and that sinks to the bottom of the ocean, does this mean your not going to sell the boat with talk of new motor or going to sell being mad?
well...good question bud...sorry i didnt get back to you a couple days ago...i was hella busy!...
a new motor is just a 'dreaming' thing if you know what i mean...it would be cool, but if anything, ill just buy and replace what the DOUCHEBAGS took. thats what's pissing me off beyond belief...the thing was complete as of last week when i finished the pump! and thats what makes me mad.
Reid

milkmoney
10-21-2007, 05:55 PM
well...good question bud...sorry i didnt get back to you a couple days ago...i was hella busy!...
a new motor is just a 'dreaming' thing if you know what i mean...it would be cool, but if anything, ill just buy and replace what the DOUCHEBAGS took. thats what's pissing me off beyond belief...the thing was complete as of last week when i finished the pump! and thats what makes me mad.
Reid
thats cool . no worries we all get busy.. figured you said f it.. just took it for what its worth.. you let me know what ur going to do after you sort all this out i understand . just hang in there .one way or the other it will work out.. thanks and good luck dave p.s. beautiful boat would like to have it..

probablecause
10-21-2007, 07:29 PM
As I recall, he is from good old Brea! :D Bingo!!!

boatsnblondes
10-21-2007, 08:07 PM
WOW, Reid, that ruined my day...sorry to hear about this....at least if they have video, you might get some plate numbers and see who went where...sounds to me like an inside job for sure.....fockers...:mad:

IMPATIENT 1
10-21-2007, 08:13 PM
someone seen you storing it, then came back the same nite i bet. if it were a boat guy, he'd took the headers too:D along with thise v/covers.

455Rocket
10-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Maybe start thinking about keeping your boat at the river? It has to be cheaper than anywhere in So. Cal. I pay 125/mo for a nice unit in Ft. Mohave.
There's got to be some decent used parts out there w/o breaking the bank. The gell getting screwed up sucks for sure

SOCALDETAIL1
10-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Damn is it possible it was an inside job? That had to have taken some time to take off? Give me a call next time im in the area I'll swing by and colorsand the scratches out for free. That sucks.Mark

02HoWaRd26
10-21-2007, 09:58 PM
that is so f$cked I tell the G/F I would rather be friends with a Murderer then a theif, You gotta piss off some one to kill a thief will steal from their friends.

Cheap Thrills
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Ever noticed how focked and Ford start and end in the same letters? Coinkydink? I think not. :D
Niiiice :D
T.

NOTALENT
10-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Fock bro that sucks! Those fockers broke into the old Chevelle a few times!! You work hard for something and these focks take it!:mad: If you need parts give me a list and I will get them at cost.

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
10-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Hey river rat,
I took my tunnel ram off my 460 this spring when I had the motor rebuilt. It is set up for a single carb. But I believe it could be changed over to a dual carb. set up with a new top plate. It's not polished but I am not going to use it, it's just sitting in my loft in the garage. I'll let you have it for a couple bucks + shipping from Fresno, CA. or if you have someone driving through here heading south I could do that too.
I hate thieves, :mad: Just let me know if you want it. Shoot me a p.m. and I'll get you my number.
OHC

Riverat84
10-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Damn is it possible it was an inside job? That had to have taken some time to take off? Give me a call next time im in the area I'll swing by and colorsand the scratches out for free. That sucks.Mark
hey mark! thanx for the kind words...im sure it was an inside job...probably a customer there also, considering its kind of hard to lift 70lbs of metal over a spiked 20ft fence...the scratches are so deep i think i just found out what color the boat was before...baby/sky blue...isnt it too deep for color sanding? i appreciate it buddy ill pay you in beer :D

Riverat84
10-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Hey river rat,
I took my tunnel ram off my 460 this spring when I had the motor rebuilt. It is set up for a single carb. But I believe it could be changed over to a dual carb. set up with a new top plate. It's not polished but I am not going to use it, it's just sitting in my loft in the garage. I'll let you have it for a couple bucks + shipping from Fresno, CA. or if you have someone driving through here heading south I could do that too.
I hate thieves, :mad: Just let me know if you want it. Shoot me a p.m. and I'll get you my number.
OHC
really!?!?!? that would be bitchin!...nah a single big carb would be just fine w/ me...do you have a pic? ill for sure hook you up, thanx alot for the kind words everyone :D

ck7684
10-22-2007, 08:45 AM
I had some of them bastards break into my garage and steal the carb off my boat too, as well as some misc parts I had in there. My house insurance covered up to $1000 as long as it wasnt an auto. One of the little fokkers even took a piss in my garage! :mad: :mad:
Anyways, it sucks. Hopefully you will catch them...good luck getting it all back together...

Old Hawaiian Cruiser
10-22-2007, 09:15 AM
really!?!?!? that would be bitchin!...nah a single big carb would be just fine w/ me...do you have a pic? ill for sure hook you up, thanx alot for the kind words everyone :D
I'll try and get some pic's of the tunnel ram tonight for ya. Just gotta dig it out. :D
OHC

Hopdaddie
10-22-2007, 09:22 AM
It sure would be nice to catch the pricks in the act... I had someone steal all the stereo equipment out of my boat. Sucks to pull the cover off and see all the wires and screws and shit they leave behind for you. At least they were kind enough to button the cover back on for me.
Good luck getting things back together. Good thing its getting to be winter and not beginning of summer.

SOCALDETAIL1
10-22-2007, 10:25 AM
hey mark! thanx for the kind words...im sure it was an inside job...probably a customer there also, considering its kind of hard to lift 70lbs of metal over a spiked 20ft fence...the scratches are so deep i think i just found out what color the boat was before...baby/sky blue...isnt it too deep for color sanding? i appreciate it buddy ill pay you in beer :D
Yea if you can see a previous color, its probably too deep. :( Well after you get everything set-up again give me a call. I will swing by to check it out to see what can be done. Mark

Riverat84
10-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Yea if you can see a previous color, its probably too deep. :( Well after you get everything set-up again give me a call. I will swing by to check it out to see what can be done. Mark
thanx alot mark...i also have been detailing for years, and never thought of color-sanding as an option w/ gelcoat...it looks pretty bad!...ill have u come and look at it...ill give u a call. thanks buddy!
Reid

socalmoney
10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
You should file a police report. Get the cops on it. I don't think they have much to do in Hawaiian Gardens. They would be all over it.

probablecause
10-22-2007, 11:57 AM
You should file a police report. Get the cops on it. I don't think they have much to do in Hawaiian Gardens. They would be all over it.
LASD??? You are kidding right? How many cars to they field there? Don't expect much help from any L.E. without serial numbers. Your best bet will come from places like ***boat.

Riverat84
10-22-2007, 12:04 PM
i have LASD on it already, and have an appt for tomarrow to get the boat dusted 4 prints.

Riverdog1
10-22-2007, 12:06 PM
ahh...i understand now...well it had to be a customer that stores there also...the walls are crazy high around this place and i cant see someone lugging 70lbs of alluminum over walls like that on a ladder...could that be proved neglegance on their part? IMHO it doesnt sound like much tho...
It was probably someone who also has a spot there. That's focked up. The Offy is about $300 bucks new and another $150 to $250 to have it polished. The Holleys are $300 each minimum + the linkage, gaskets and scoop. You're looking at $1500 easy. You'll be able to find stuff to replace it from the guys on the boards for alot less. I hope you catch the f&*cker and hog tie them and beat them with a tubesock full of nails and broken glass.

Riverat84
10-22-2007, 12:16 PM
It was probably someone who also has a spot there. That's focked up. The Offy is about $300 bucks new and another $150 to $250 to have it polished. The Holleys are $300 each minimum + the linkage, gaskets and scoop. You're looking at $1500 easy. You'll be able to find stuff to replace it from the guys on the boards for alot less. I hope you catch the f&*cker and hog tie them and beat them with a tubesock full of nails and broken glass.
FOCK YES! yeah it HAS to be someone that has a spot there...i find it hard to believe that even the fittest dude can lug a full intake package over a 15ft spiked wall...or an employee :idea:

socalmoney
10-22-2007, 01:15 PM
LASD??? You are kidding right?
YES

socalmoney
10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
What happened in 1999 to cause this spike.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41646&stc=1&d=1193087930

tx-19
10-23-2007, 11:12 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D :D
yessssssssssssssssss:D :D

RUCAV
10-25-2007, 03:02 PM
LASO fields 2 deputies in HG that I know of. Unless you are getting stabbed in the neck by Osama Bin Laden, and you are able to collect prints and DNA, dont call them.
Too bad their old PD was so corrupt. They really handled their biznez

flat broke
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Reid,
Sorry to hear about the break in. It would be in your best interests to check out the LB swap for the next couple times around. Also drop a line to Jim Brock at Cyclone Speed and Marine. He buys and sells stuff at the swap, and might have someone come to him looking to sell the stuff. Being that you live 10 minutes from the stadium, he could give you a call and probably stall the douchebags long enough for you to get there.
As far as the scratches, I've only seen your boat up close once or twice, but I'm pretty darn sure it's paint and not gel. The upside there is that the repair will probably be a little bit cheaper.
Any word on video from the storage lot? They probably turn those tapes over (reuse them) pretty frequently, so you better make sure someone has had a look at em before whatever info is on there is gone.
Chris

AZJD
11-06-2007, 06:16 PM
It's pretty funny! Your just cruizin down LaPalma minding your own business, and BAM! You find yourself right god damn in the fukkin middle of HELL!
Hawaiian Gardens is Ghetto!:D

Riverat84
11-06-2007, 07:19 PM
It's pretty funny! Your just cruizin down LaPalma minding your own business, and BAM! You find yourself right god damn in the fukkin middle of HELL!
Hawaiian Gardens is Ghetto!:D
hah! u could say that again...shit.

Riverat84
11-06-2007, 07:20 PM
Reid,
Sorry to hear about the break in. It would be in your best interests to check out the LB swap for the next couple times around. Also drop a line to Jim Brock at Cyclone Speed and Marine. He buys and sells stuff at the swap, and might have someone come to him looking to sell the stuff. Being that you live 10 minutes from the stadium, he could give you a call and probably stall the douchebags long enough for you to get there.
As far as the scratches, I've only seen your boat up close once or twice, but I'm pretty darn sure it's paint and not gel. The upside there is that the repair will probably be a little bit cheaper.
Any word on video from the storage lot? They probably turn those tapes over (reuse them) pretty frequently, so you better make sure someone has had a look at em before whatever info is on there is gone.
Chris
yeah, its a DVR system, but they said that they didnt see ANYTHING on the camera's pointing in my general direction...i called yesterday to make sure that the LASD is going to check it themselves for sure...yeah i will contact him...u know his #?

SOCALDETAIL1
11-06-2007, 10:02 PM
yeah, its a DVR system, but they said that they didnt see ANYTHING on the camera's pointing in my general direction...i called yesterday to make sure that the LASD is going to check it themselves for sure...yeah i will contact him...u know his #?
Funny when my truck was stolen at a Home Depot, they said where I parked it was just off cameras by a foot?:idea: The cop told me "Off record" he thinks it was an inside job? Cameras are there for a reason. Sound like some one is not telling the truth.

uLtRADeNniS
11-06-2007, 11:14 PM
That sucks man! Sorry to hear. I really like your boat and even considered making you an offer when i was on the market a while back.
Does it look like they intentionally focked up you gel or was it in the process of getting the parts out? Man I hate thieves!..Karma is a bitch though...I sure wouldn't wanna ride in a boat or car that had stolen goods.