PDA

View Full Version : 69 auquacraft

McIntyrelocal
10-21-2007, 03:11 PM
my buddy and i painted a 69 auquacraft my friend sold it about 2 years ago it WAS tangelo orange with blue flames with purple tips said flat crazy on the back with a pin up on it. well i just saw a little clip in the sandbar section of the enduro this weekend and im pretty sure i saww it and it looks like they painted the bottom half yellow or somthing. man i hope not i had like 16 hours just in the flame layout and masking and the paint was almost perfect when the guy bought it i was just wondering if anyone knows the boat and if its true that they painted it and if anyone has pictures . Thanks

McIntyrelocal
10-21-2007, 09:21 PM
anyone have info.

Moneypitt
10-21-2007, 09:44 PM
anyone have info.
I saw it, but know nothing about it..........MP

McIntyrelocal
10-22-2007, 05:01 PM
anyone else maybe have pics of this boat.

Dave Sammons
10-22-2007, 05:59 PM
my buddy and i painted a 69 auquacraft my friend sold it about 2 years ago it WAS tangelo orange with blue flames with purple tips said flat crazy on the back with a pin up on it. well i just saw a little clip in the sandbar section of the enduro this weekend and im pretty sure i saww it and it looks like they painted the bottom half yellow or somthing. man i hope not i had like 16 hours just in the flame layout and masking and the paint was almost perfect when the guy bought it i was just wondering if anyone knows the boat and if its true that they painted it and if anyone has pictures . Thanks
Kind of a sad story with a happy ending. The boat you painted was owned by Ken Bewick. I met Ken when he was restoring a 70's vintage conventional hydroplane now called "Miss California". I drove the boat for him at Long Beach and Parker. He built the AquaCraft that you painted for last years enduro, but the boat was crashed and destroyed during testing. This past year he purchased an old E boat from the 60's, complete with a Louie Unser 327, cool old rigging and set up for right hand drive, but the wood deck was in really bad shape, so he grafted the deck from the Aquacraft on the old E boat and ran it in this years enduro. He asked me to drive the anchor leg(turned out to be about 70miles!:2purples: ), but we finished the race and the old deck got to be a part of it, so, it's all good! I know you put a TON of time into the AquaCraft, but as they say...SH*T HAPPENS!:mad: :D
Here's a shot of the boat after the race.
PS...What thread did you see the boat pictured in the Sandbar?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/DSC000571.JPG

McIntyrelocal
10-22-2007, 06:53 PM
hey dave thanks for the pic im am bummed to here that they crashed the boat but i am glad to see that part of it is still out there and racing sh$t does happpen. the thread in the sandbar is PARKER 300 its on the first page of the thread. hey my buddy canales gave me a call sunday said you guys had quite the party sat. glad to hear you guys had a good time he also said you had a guy with you dick was that vanbenen i was just wondering because i know you know him and he was or is a real good freind of my grandpa Roy Mamelli if you know him but i dont talk to roy anymore and havent talked to dick in a long time i just hought that would be a coinsedence,anyway thanks for the info.

Dave Sammons
10-22-2007, 07:05 PM
hey dave thanks for the pic im am bummed to here that they crashed the boat but i am glad to see that part of it is still out there and racing sh$t does happpen. the thread in the sandbar is PARKER 300 its on the first page of the thread. hey my buddy canales gave me a call sunday said you guys had quite the party sat. glad to hear you guys had a good time he also said you had a guy with you dick was that vanbenen i was just wondering because i know you know him and he was or is a real good freind of my grandpa Roy Mamelli if you know him but i dont talk to roy anymore and havent talked to dick in a long time i just hought that would be a coinsedence,anyway thanks for the info.
OHHHH...we might have knocked a couple back on Saturday night: After 70 miles finishing up the enduro in that little 16footer, I needed a little PAIN RELIEF!
Yes I was with Mr. VanBeenan. He is a very good friend of mine and yes, I know your grandpa Roy. I first met him back in the late 60's when I was a young kid and he was running Litchfields with George and Ernie. It's been a couple years since I've seen him though. I know VanBeenan stays in touch with him.
Dave
PS...which party was your buddy at? The one we were at on the California side or the one on the Arizona side??? It was a loooong night!:D

McIntyrelocal
10-22-2007, 07:51 PM
OHHHH...we might have knocked a couple back on Saturday night: After 70 miles finishing up the enduro in that little 16footer, I needed a little PAIN RELIEF!
Yes I was with Mr. VanBeenan. He is a very good friend of mine and yes, I know your grandpa Roy. I first met him back in the late 60's when I was a young kid and he was running Litchfields with George and Ernie. It's been a couple years since I've seen him though. I know VanBeenan stays in touch with him.
Dave
PS...which party was your buddy at? The one we were at on the California side or the one on the Arizona side??? It was a loooong night!:D
arizona side my buddy is the one you bought your house from steve canales i sent you a message a month or so ago right after you bought it. i was pissed i couldnt make this last weekend steve and i are really good friends i stay at his house with him im ussually there ounce or twice a month if i can make it.

Dave Sammons
10-23-2007, 07:19 PM
arizona side my buddy is the one you bought your house from steve canales i sent you a message a month or so ago right after you bought it. i was pissed i couldnt make this last weekend steve and i are really good friends i stay at his house with him im ussually there ounce or twice a month if i can make it.
Hope to see you out there soon. I'll probably go back at least once b4 Thanksgiving and then I'll be out that weekend. Gotta get my plans approved by the County so I can get going on my building project...Can you pound nails???:idea: :idea: I don't have alot of money, but I pay a fair wage in "all you can drink"!:D :D

Bullmoose
10-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Louie Unser? the Unser's were into boats too? More history if you don't mind
Mr. Sammons Thanks!!

McIntyrelocal
10-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Hope to see you out there soon. I'll probably go back at least once b4 Thanksgiving and then I'll be out that weekend. Gotta get my plans approved by the County so I can get going on my building project...Can you pound nails???:idea: :idea: I don't have alot of money, but I pay a fair wage in "all you can drink"!:D :D
dude if you need help im there and dont think about trying to pay me for sh$t id love to come hang out and pound nails with you guys i dont know alot about carpentry but ive been their since day one on canales's house and garage so ill be alittle useful. just depends on how often i can get out there to help. im gonna be building a 1400 square foot shop at my place here in norco this winter so they might conflict but i know ill be out their and id love to heop.

McIntyrelocal
10-23-2007, 10:09 PM
i just noticed that boat has the same blue metal flake steering wheel.That steering wheel was on it before we painted it and that was about 7 and ahalf years ago thats cool.:D