PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run Bravo props on a bigger twin outboard cat?

WILDMAN
10-21-2007, 06:19 PM
I've been working on the setup on a new 30ft Liberator cat with 300XS motors. Labbed 32 cleavers have 25% slip no matter how low I put them. Maybe the blades are flexing due to the weight, I don't know. I've got some stock 32 cleavers I'm gonna try. A couple people told me they had good luck with the Bravos as long as you have vent holes drilled in them. I know the top end is better with the cleavers, but the guy who's buying the boat wants all around performance and good getting on plane. Also, do bravos help in low speed turns? Thanx, WILDMAN

dschifan
10-21-2007, 08:35 PM
I Run 30p Bravos DRILLED OUT On My Mach26 With Twin 300's. Awesome Prop, My Slip Is Right Around 10%. The Boat Rolls Over Fairly Easy And Runs Great From Mid To Top End. they turn nicely too, and as far as top end goes, cleavers are not much better, 2mph

WILDMAN
10-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Does it turn flatter than the cleavers? My cat along with others, wants to lean to the outside under 45 mph. What's your top end? 300x's? What size holes? Labbed?

dschifan
10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Does it turn flatter than the cleavers? My cat along with others, wants to lean to the outside under 45 mph. What's your top end? 300x's? What size holes? Labbed?
i would say it does better with the bravos. top end is 98 at 6200rpm. i have the promax motors not the x's. the props have i think 1 1/4" inch holes, they are labbed with some extra cup added to them.

TUNNEL T
11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
randy , try a set that have big oblonged holes i think you'll love them . the cleavers on my boat seem to have a high slip also ,im still trying to find the right set of bravs ! TUNNEL T

WILDMAN
11-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I ran these new labbed 30 Bravos today. They have 8 1" vent holes each. They worked great! No cavitation, and instantly on plane. Ran 94 on GPS. Carried the nose great. Here's a video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EOhJsuVkZlQ