PDA

View Full Version : please read need help

bryan73southwind
10-21-2007, 08:21 PM
:sqeyes: please read.....:confused: alrite yanked the motor out of my boat to find about two hand fulls of metal in the bottum of the oil pan.....yikes well turns out out a piece of the windage tray way actually broken off which was the full length of the pan and about 2 1/2 inches tall..... so the piece was then broken into several pieces and mad itself up itno the pistons and broke and bent several of the skirts off the pistons...and too get to my point how n the hell did the windage tray break off???? im puzzled...please help

IMPATIENT 1
10-21-2007, 08:30 PM
shitty weld job on the pan, or lots of vibration.
your not runnin a 4.5 stroke crank with the wrong pan are ya?

bryan73southwind
10-21-2007, 08:35 PM
no its the stock crank

H20MOFO
10-22-2007, 08:40 AM
That sucks dude, I had a broken dipstick tube fall in a motor after 2 years of being busted wiped out a couple of skirts.

jetboatperformance
10-22-2007, 01:17 PM
Post up as many pics if you can so we can have a look! Sounds to me like the majority of your damage was likely what we term "consequential damage" meaning it likely happened after the fact and the onset of the initial failure,for example "a car waterpump bearing fails and the fan hits the radiator" or piston skirts hit crankshaft counter weights after rod bearings fail etc. Over and above, JBP I perform forensic failure analisys of engines transmissions and the 'like" for Insurance and warranty companies etc. Often times Engine damage is so catastrophic it becomes difficult to seperate the exact cause and seqence of events happy to help if I can Tom