PDA

View Full Version : Lake Arrowhead is gettin hit hard

Danhercules
10-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Looks like many houses on fire around Arrowhead. I dont know the exact area but lots of homes threatened and looks like 30+ on fire from the shots on the news.
If someone needs anything, let me know, I got two extra rooms.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-22-2007, 10:12 AM
My dad, retired as he is, is home watching the news. He said that Running Springs and Arrowbear are under mandatory evacuations.

racecar.hotshoe
10-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Anybody heard from HavaSkank?

Racey
10-22-2007, 10:39 AM
A couple of our schiadas are up there right now in their customer's garages. Hopefully the fire will avoid John Muir Rd. It'll be a busy next couple of years otherwise...

topless
10-22-2007, 10:59 AM
She evacuated and is at her dads I think.

racecar.hotshoe
10-22-2007, 11:01 AM
She evacuated and is at her dads I think.
Cool a good skank is hard to find...lol:D

topless
10-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Cool a good skank is hard to find...lol:DLOL, she's keeping her skankiness safe for you.:D

1 Baja Guy
10-22-2007, 11:04 AM
Talked to her this morning. She was getting ready to get the Hell out of there. Looks like it's getting bad up there. I have tried to call my neighbors up there to see whats up. No one answering the phone. I'm about a driver and 3 wood from
the fire from what they are saying... Got my fingers crossed.

RitcheyRch
10-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Extremely sad to be watching the news and see all the devastation.

djunkie
10-22-2007, 11:24 AM
This sucks. My friends parents house survived the last fire up there even though all their neighbors lost theirs. Hopefully they get this one fast. :(

Havasu_Dreamin
10-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Hopefully they get this one fast. :(
It doesn't look like it...

Danhercules
10-22-2007, 11:27 AM
ABC sayin over 300 homes lost so far

Baja Big Dog
10-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Talked to her this morning. She was getting ready to get the Hell out of there. Looks like it's getting bad up there. I have tried to call my neighbors up there to see whats up. No one answering the phone. I'm about a driver and 3 wood from
the fire from what they are saying... Got my fingers crossed.
Crossed for what?:confused:

djunkie
10-22-2007, 11:44 AM
It doesn't look like it...
I know. I'm just trying to keep some positive thoughts. I saw first hand what the last one did and it was very bad.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-22-2007, 11:52 AM
I know. I'm just trying to keep some positive thoughts. I saw first hand what the last one did and it was very bad.
I hear you...I think all sorts of peeps need the positive thoughts right now...

djunkie
10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
ABC sayin over 300 homes lost so far
NBC just said approx. 20 homes in Lake Arrowhead so far.

Baja Big Dog
10-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Looks like the golf course is the area that is in trouble....:mad:

Danhercules
10-22-2007, 01:19 PM
NBC just said approx. 20 homes in Lake Arrowhead so far.
Who the heck knows. Just lots of fire.
Just spoke to VictorFB's wife in Fallbrook, they are on their way out.

WYRD
10-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Full-screenGrass Valley Fire (N. Lake Arrowhead) 3 p.m. update 10-22
Acres burned: 300
Started: 5:08 a.m. 10-22
Destroyed: 100 structures
Threatened: 1,500 homes; town of Lake Arrowhead and adjacent towns
Injuries: None.
Evacuations: Deer Lodge Park
Origin: Grass Valley Creek
Cause: Under investigation.
Containment: N/A
Evacuations: mandatory North Lake Arrowhead, voluntary Cedar Glen, Twin Peaks, Rim Forest.
Direction: north
Firefighters: Number N/A
Time of start: 12 a.m. 10-22

BoatPI
10-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Just one of the reasons i sold my mountain play house a number of years back..Now 113++ homes leveled around Arrowhead. What a shame.

BADAXE
10-22-2007, 02:44 PM
A couple of our schiadas are up there right now in their customer's garages. Hopefully the fire will avoid John Muir Rd. It'll be a busy next couple of years otherwise...
It's got to mow down a lot of houses before it gets down to the lake. We used to be down on Palisades.

Outnumbered
10-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Talked to my bud off of John Muir on Palisades Point. The Schiadas should be just fine, he is still home fire is not near them. The fire is near the Golf Course as was stated above. Brentwood/Deer Lodge area is getting hit. My parents were evacuated today. It seems like I just went through this but it has been 4 years. Glad I am out here now.
Hope they get it under control soon.

Outnumbered
10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Here is some video on Holcomb Creek Rd in Green Valley...news has it wrong and says Lake Arrowhead
http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=170346

Outnumbered
10-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Latest info...
http://www.rimoftheworld.net/

Outnumbered
10-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Map of the area. You can find the streets listed on Rimoftheworld.net on this map...
Grass Valley Map (http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GWYE,GWYE:2006-47,GWYE:en&q=Brentwood+Dr+Lake+Arrowhead&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl)

Big Kahunaa
10-22-2007, 03:39 PM
i'm glad they are okay hope all there stuff makes it tell victor i'll store that f-550 for him

BiggusJimbus
10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Man...
Just watched them drop one of those megaloads of flame retardant.
Anything that's not black in Arrowhead is going to be pink!!!!
Good Luck everybody. Wish there was more I could do, but not much can be done from here.
Keep yourselves safe. Let the junk burn.
Jim.

Sleeper CP
10-22-2007, 07:25 PM
Spoke to my Uncle who has a cabin on the North Shore. Last he heard 200+ houses lost. Doesn't know if their cabin is burned or not. Lake Arrowhead security office was burned down and the office was moved down the mountain. How would you like to have to evac down that road with 500 other cars.
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

lalhc
10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Arrowhead is a mess right now, especailly around the Country Club off Brentwood in the Grass Valley/Deer Lodge Park area. I evacuated my family off the mountain this morning after receiving a phone call from a SB County Battation Chiefs wife before any mandatory evacuations. I couldn't even see the smoke and she told me to get my family off the mountain right away. An hour later we had the Grass Valley fire to the West of my house and the Green Valley Lake fire to the East. The only way down for us was Hwy 18. I knew it was going to be a mess if we waited any longer. We were able to pack all of our non-replacable items and financial paperwork. We evacuated safely and we're now in Havasu.
My brother-n-law remains up in Arrowhead. He's a LA County fireman and him and some other firemen neighbors have fire hoses lined up and down their streets. My sister & brother-n-law live nearby Brentwood. The local command post and Sherrif's know they are there and ready. The DC-10 made an impact today and hopefully the weather will begin to cooperate tomorrow and the fire command center can get an arial attack on the fire.

lalhc
10-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Pretty scary shiat when the mandatory evacuation is for fire personnel too. Here is the latest w/the Green Valley Lake fire just northeast of Running Springs:
Update 11:45 PM
According to John Miller of the US Forest Service, anyone remaining in Green Valley Lake must evacuate now. Because of the imminent danger from the fire, all remaining fire and law enforcement personnel are being evacuated immediately.
Running Springs - There are reports of multiple structure fires on Wilderness Drive and in the 31-thousand block of Circle View Drive in Running Springs. There was an unconfirmed new fire start was reported on Live Oak Drive east of Ferndale Drive in Running Springs. Deputies have stopped looters in the 30-thousand block of Elfin Court in Running Springs.
The Slide and Grass Complex Fire has shown no sign of laying down over night. Officials have all but given up on Green Valley Lake at this time, and are evacuating all emergency officials. Also, the fire is approaching the Upper Rowco area of Running Springs with property damage reported along Wilderness Drive. The fire is making a hard run to the west toward Heaps Peak and Santa's Village, according to witnesses, and may reach those areas by morning. The Grass Fire portion, burning near Lake Arrowhead, has been making a run to the west and southwest this evening. Resources are deployed in the Twin Peaks area near the Calvary Chapel Conference Center. Witnesses report that the fire is also backing down a ridge line toward the eastern portions of Dart Canyon.
Mandatory evacuations are now in effect for Crestline, Twin Peaks, North Lake Arrowhead, Crest Park, Skyforest, Rimforest, Running Springs, Arrowbear Lake, and Green Valley Lake. Voluntary evacuations are in effect for Cedar Glen, South Lake Arrowhead, Valley of Enchantment and Cedarpines Park.

djunkie
10-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Pretty scary shiat when the mandatory evacuation is for fire personnel too. Here is the latest w/the Green Valley Lake fire just northeast of Running Springs:
According to John Miller of the US Forest Service, anyone remaining in Green Valley Lake must evacuate now. Because of the imminent danger from the fire, all remaining fire and law enforcement personnel are being evacuated immediately.
Running Springs - There are reports of multiple structure fires on Wilderness Drive and in the 31-thousand block of Circle View Drive in Running Springs. There was an unconfirmed new fire start was reported on Live Oak Drive east of Ferndale Drive in Running Springs. Deputies have stopped looters in the 30-thousand block of Elfin Court in Running Springs.
The Slide and Grass Complex Fire has shown no sign of laying down over night. Officials have all but given up on Green Valley Lake at this time, and are evacuating all emergency officials. Also, the fire is approaching the Upper Rowco area of Running Springs with property damage reported along Wilderness Drive. The fire is making a hard run to the west toward Heaps Peak and Santa's Village, according to witnesses, and may reach those areas by morning. The Grass Fire portion, burning near Lake Arrowhead, has been making a run to the west and southwest this evening. Resources are deployed in the Twin Peaks area near the Calvary Chapel Conference Center. Witnesses report that the fire is also backing down a ridge line toward the eastern portions of Dart Canyon.
Mandatory evacuations are now in effect for Crestline, Twin Peaks, North Lake Arrowhead, Crest Park, Skyforest, Rimforest, Running Springs, Arrowbear Lake, and Green Valley Lake. Voluntary evacuations are in effect for Cedar Glen, South Lake Arrowhead, Valley of Enchantment and Cedarpines Park.
Phuck!!!!!!! We have a cabin in Crestline.

Kachina26
10-23-2007, 05:37 AM
I was just up at my buddy's new to him home by the golf course 2 weeks ago. It was real pretty and all, but all I could think was "I wouldn't want to live up here during fire season." Haven't heard from him yet. He's right off of Grass Valley road by the golf course.

phebus
10-23-2007, 06:03 AM
Does anyone have any contact with Havaskank (Kim)? I'm really worried about her and her property.

1 Baja Guy
10-23-2007, 06:14 AM
Have you heard or do you know who I can contact if the fire got any houses on the golf course? My house is 7 houses from the country club on Golf course Rd. Good luck to you and your family.

topless
10-23-2007, 06:15 AM
Does anyone have any contact with Havaskank (Kim)? I'm really worried about her and her property.Dia does. Havaskank is at her dads house last I heard.

shueman
10-23-2007, 06:22 AM
Looks nasty from my 909 driveway...:eek:

HavaPaul
10-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Here is a online scanner in Bigbear for CDF
http://bigbearonline.net/
CDF incident page, scanner log.
http://old.rimoftheworld.net/incidents/3623&p=1
Rimoftheworld,s site.
http://rimoftheworld.net/

lalhc
10-23-2007, 07:01 AM
Have you heard or do you know who I can contact if the fire got any houses on the golf course? My house is 7 houses from the country club on Golf course Rd. Good luck to you and your family.
I heard that the majority of the homes burned were on the North & West sides of the golf course w/some spot fires near or around Fairway. They had a command post at MPH (the middle school) so hopefully your house is safe. What pisses me off now is that there are multiple reports of freaking looters:mad: in the area.

lalhc
10-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Phuck!!!!!!! We have a cabin in Crestline
Crestline is safe for now. My brother-n-law said that they made a huge stand on the fire last night.

Baja Big Dog
10-23-2007, 07:20 AM
Here is a online scanner in Bigbear for CDF
http://bigbearonline.net/
CDF incident page, scanner log.
http://old.rimoftheworld.net/incidents/3623&p=1
Rimoftheworld,s site.
http://rimoftheworld.net/
Thats some neat stuff right..thanks...

Outnumbered
10-23-2007, 09:04 AM
I heard that the majority of the homes burned were on the North & West sides of the golf course w/some spot fires near or around Fairway. They had a command post at MPH (the middle school) so hopefully your house is safe. What pisses me off now is that there are multiple reports of freaking looters:mad: in the area.
This may help...
10:01 AM Source: eyewitness
A little good news from ROTW Google Group: "Good News for Fairway and Grandview in Lake Arrowhead/Twin Peaks" - My son-in-law drove through up Hwy 189 through Grandview and then down Fairway with a Fire Captain around 9AM and verified that although there is very strong smell of smoke, there were no houses lost or of immediate threat. Most of the trees in the hillside north of Fairway are burned. There was no house burned on El Dorado as earlier reported. A fire truck is stationed on El Dorado near Fairway, and several fire trucks from other areas are at Grandview Elementary. They are doing a great job putting out any spot fires. They tried to reach Running Springs but were unable due to high winds blowing the fire south/south west to hwy 18.

lalhc
10-23-2007, 09:20 AM
fire truck is stationed on El Dorado near Fairway, and several fire trucks from other areas are at Grandview Elementary.
Thanks for the info. My wife will be happy to hear this. She's a teacher at Grandview.

jnmc
10-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the info. My wife will be happy to hear this. She's a teacher at Grandview.
I just got word that they are making a stand back by the "pond" behind Grandview Elem. and the fire is traveling down towards Dart Canyon, where the DC-10 and Crews are hitting it hard.

EXTRMBT
10-23-2007, 10:09 AM
Does anybody have any information if any houses off of Dart Canyon Rd a few miles from Crestline got toasted (Not sure of the address) , or any off of Grass Valley Rd. 195 Grass valley Rd. to be exact. :( :(

jnmc
10-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Does anybody have any information if any houses off of Dart Canyon Rd a few miles from Crestline got toasted (Not sure of the address) , or any off of Grass Valley Rd. 195 Grass valley Rd. to be exact. :( :(
Looking at the location of 195 Grass Valley, that area should be fine. All the houses lost are on the West Side of the Golf Course (Brentwood). The Fire worked it's way up Fairway toward Grandview Elem. There was reports on the news that the Country Club was gone but I was told that it is fine.

lalhc
10-23-2007, 11:08 AM
I just got word that they are making a stand back by the "pond" behind Grandview Elem. and the fire is traveling down towards Dart Canyon, where the DC-10 and Crews are hitting it hard.
That area is called Grizzly Woods. It a private natural center that's part of Grandview Elementary. My wife's classroom is right next to that entrance.

1 Baja Guy
10-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Here's a good source of current info for Lake Arrowhead and surrounding areas.
http://www.everywherechat.com/everywherechat.swf?defaultRoom=#RIMOFTHEWORLD&roomList=false&key=6d6351425a4ea61005761033ac0bf6001d613616

essexjet
10-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Did not realize that it was getting close to big bear. Here is a link to a web cam at big bear lake http://www.bigbearlake.net/webcams/camlakewest.asp#WebCamShot

Outnumbered
10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
This site lists specific streets and has photos too...
http://www.fireupdate.com/2007/2007IEburn.htm