PDA

View Full Version : Victorfb and Bonnivillebaby had to evacuate

Danhercules
10-22-2007, 01:26 PM
I just spoke to Toni askin if the fire was close to them. She said they are on the way out. I wanted to go help but she says the freeways are closed. They have to go around and up though OC.
Keep em in your thoughts.

dmontzsta
10-22-2007, 02:30 PM
That really sucks! California is crazy right now.
Best of luck to you Vic and Toni.

RitcheyRch
10-22-2007, 02:32 PM
That sucks and hopefully they made it out safely.

76 Bonneville
10-22-2007, 03:24 PM
They have Interstate 15 closed from Hwy 76 all the way down to Poway. We have also been under a mandatory evacuation here in the eastern side of Valley Center since early this morning. The motorhome has the Advantage hooked up to it, and the enclosed trailer has the dirt bikes in it hooked up to the p/u. If things get hot the Rogers will have to have a little luck on its side, can't tow everything out. I will probably stay anyway just because of looters. We had the fires here 4 yrs, ago and a few of us stayed behind to watch over our neighbors homes. It was kind of like the old west, we were walking around with 30/30's and it really brought a sense of community to us. The've closed access to were we live, even to residents, hate to leave might not be able to get back in.

Lana
10-22-2007, 03:30 PM
I just spoke to Toni askin if the fire was close to them. She said they are on the way out. I wanted to go help but she says the freeways are closed. They have to go around and up though OC.
Keep em in your thoughts.
Thanks Dan,
I was wondering about them, keep us posted. Are they heading over here to her mom's house?

widowmaker
10-22-2007, 03:56 PM
They have Interstate 15 closed from Hwy 76 all the way down to Poway. We have also been under a mandatory evacuation here in the eastern side of Valley Center since early this morning. The motorhome has the Advantage hooked up to it, and the enclosed trailer has the dirt bikes in it hooked up to the p/u. If things get hot the Rogers will have to have a little luck on its side, can't tow everything out. I will probably stay anyway just because of looters. We had the fires here 4 yrs, ago and a few of us stayed behind to watch over our neighbors homes. It was kind of like the old west, we were walking around with 30/30's and it really brought a sense of community to us. The've closed access to were we live, even to residents, hate to leave might not be able to get back in.
ditto... looters beware around here, you might end up with a couple extra orficies....access is closed for us too.

Schiada Time
10-22-2007, 08:24 PM
Hopefully everything is alright. Tony and Vic are the coolest people.
Travis

RCB19
10-22-2007, 09:03 PM
I travel SD county daily for work. I was down there today and it is a total mess. Fires are just purely brutal. I wish for better days ahead for all involved down there.

HalletDave
10-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Thanks Dan,
I was wondering about them, keep us posted. Are they heading over here to her mom's house?
Lana,
I talked to Toni & Bev yesterday afternoon. They had the Rogers, toy hauler, dogs and important papers loaded up and heading to Bev's house. They had to leave the sand buggy and Banshee behind.
I guess they were able to get out via Camp Pendleton.
Best wishes to everyone threatened by the fires.

Lana
10-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Lana,
I talked to Toni & Bev yesterday afternoon. They had the Rogers, toy hauler, dogs and important papers loaded up and heading to Bev's house. They had to leave the sand buggy and Banshee behind.
I guess they were able to get out via Camp Pendleton.
Best wishes to everyone threatened by the fires.
Thanks Dave,
Good to hear. How the heck are you? I don't think we saw you at all this year.

HalletDave
10-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Thanks Dave,
Good to hear. How the heck are you? I don't think we saw you at all this year.
I'm doing fine Lana. My boating season was cut a little short this year.
I should have the boat back in a couple of more weeks. It has been up at Smooth As Glass. It is going to look sweet when I get it back. New carpet new upholstery too. After 30 years of being all original I felt it was time to restore. I'm sure I'll see you all next spring.:)

widowmaker
10-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Good news for my house the fire has passed north of us and keeps heading west. We have clear skies to the east and the air quality is improving. I'm on the south most edge of rancho santa fe.

Lana
10-23-2007, 08:11 AM
Good news for my house the fire has passed north of us and keeps heading west. We have clear skies to the east and the air quality is improving. I'm on the south most edge of rancho santa fe.
That is good news!!! I hope all this ends soon for all involved. I can't imagine what all of you are going through, it truly is very sad.

victorfb
10-26-2007, 08:01 AM
hey all. just got word from a neighbor that stayed and fought it. he says we still have a house to come back to. YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!
the fire crews worked like crazy to try and slow it down and from what i hear, it came close. VERY CLOSE. i found some maps on the net that show the fire burn lines and it looks horrible for so many. we have friends down in the canyon that by the looks of the map were right in the middle of it all. lets hope firefighters or sheriffs were atleast able to get down there to rescue them. one way in, one way out. not good.
we are waiting for the mandatory evacuation to be lifted and totally safe to come back home. fire crews are cooling hot spots and need the narrow roads clear for travel. they are still fighting it in the canyon and they dont need to be bothered with traffic from us. as much as we want to go back home and protect our property and such, there are still homes in danger and every second counts for the couragous firefighters to go save them.
thank you all for your well wishes and may god be with those who are in the fire lines.

rivertard
10-26-2007, 01:38 PM
hey all. just got word from a neighbor that stayed and fought it. he says we still have a house to come back to. YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!
the fire crews worked like crazy to try and slow it down and from what i hear, it came close. VERY CLOSE. i found some maps on the net that show the fire burn lines and it looks horrible for so many. we have friends down in the canyon that by the looks of the map were right in the middle of it all. lets hope firefighters or sheriffs were atleast able to get down there to rescue them. one way in, one way out. not good.
we are waiting for the mandatory evacuation to be lifted and totally safe to come back home. fire crews are cooling hot spots and need the narrow roads clear for travel. they are still fighting it in the canyon and they dont need to be bothered with traffic from us. as much as we want to go back home and protect our property and such, there are still homes in danger and every second counts for the couragous firefighters to go save them.
thank you all for your well wishes and may god be with those who are in the fire lines.THERE IS A GOD:) Great news vic.Ill Call you in a week or so.(rivertard).P.S.If you need any thing, or I can help an anyway you call me.:idea:

Lana
10-26-2007, 03:11 PM
thank you all for your well wishes and may god be with those who are in the fire lines.
YEAH!!! That is great to hear Vic, I was getting worried about the situation over there and your house. Tell Toni I said hi!!!
Lana

victorfb
10-27-2007, 10:11 AM
thanks folks, we are so relieved to hear the news aswell. i went yesterday just to take a look at the place. a mess, but all is good. has anyone heard from 76 Bonneville yet? i hope they are ok aswell. if anyone knows anything, please let us know how they are and if they need any help.
yes mike, there IS a God and he has blessed us in so many ways. we are so thankfull for what we still have and our friends. thanks.:D

76 Bonneville
10-27-2007, 11:48 AM
We're all good up here on Paradise Mtn. My son and I stayed up here, cruised around on dirt bikes, put out a few spot fires here and there. Mostly reported to all the neighbors 2-3 times a day on what was going on up here. Thursday evening they started to let folks up the mtn. What a let down, from riding bikes all around here a couple of days ago to steam cleaning the carpets today. I guess I should be thankful that we still have a house to clean. I know at least 3 families that lost their homes. Victorfb, Glad to hear all is good w/ you and yours, let the clean up begin. Next Ive got to break out the chainsaw and tractor to clean up the debris around here.