PDA

View Full Version : How Much Traffic Driving From Santa Monica to Burbank?

Uniqueperformancewest
10-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey Guys,
My girlfriend is going to school up in Burbank and driving from Santa Monica to Burbank. How long on average will it take her to get there in the morning taking the 405/101/134/5 vs the 10/5 route. Is there going to be alot of traffic, school is from 8-5. So if she lef Santa Monica at 6 in the morning how long could she expect the drive to take.
Thanks John

HOOTER SLED-
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Sounds like she is kinda in a bad spot. She will be forced to go through the Sepulveda Pass up the 405. That area right in there is probably the worst for traffic IMO. I don't know how peeps in W LA can stand it down there. No matter what time of day, weekday or weekend. Expect no sex due to stress. :D

Uniqueperformancewest
10-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Perfect Im sure she will be super excited to hear that, because I know I am. I can't wait to deal with her mood haha.
Thanks John

riverracerx
An hour to an hour and a half.

cxr133
Sounds like she is kinda in a bad spot. She will be forced to go through the Sepulveda Pass up the 405. That area right in there is probably the worst for traffic IMO. I don't know how peeps in W LA can stand it down there. No matter what time of day, weekday or weekend. Expect no sex due to stress. :D
i think in the morning since she is going the opposite direction of the traffic patterns she will be fine w/ 45min.
Maybe both ways she wont have much of a stop/go traffic problems.

Uniqueperformancewest
10-22-2007, 03:40 PM
thanks guys for the help, Ill forward the info on to her.
Thanks John

BoatPI
10-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Just shoot yourself now.

Uniqueperformancewest
10-22-2007, 04:00 PM
haha, I don't have to shoot myself. I live in Orange and work in anaheim hills haha. She's the one who is living with her grandma in Santa Monica and going to school in Burbank haha. But Ill let her know.
Thanks John

C-2
10-22-2007, 08:14 PM
I would also guesstimate an hour.
She'll hit on/off traffic on the EB 101 between the 405 101/170 split, after that she would be good to go. If the 101 is fawked, she can jump up to Chandler, which will take her into Burbank. Chandler is a great alternative when the 101 is messed up, about half of it is one-way, which speeds things up. Chandler starts at Van Nuys Blvd, runs into Burbank.
When she becomes more familiar with the commute, she might also consider taking the EB 10 as far along as she can get until traffic, then taking a Canyon road up to the 101, or even Vermont up to the NB 101. Vermont moves pretty good and would let her avoid the downtown slot. Then NB 101 to Lankershim or Barham (which turns into Olive/Burbank).
Lotsa go arounds, just need to get familiar with them.