PDA

View Full Version : Jims Auto Sales, Harbor City Ca

Uniqueperformancewest
10-22-2007, 03:21 PM
Has anyone heard of this dealership or bought any vehicles from them?
Thanks John

BoatPI
10-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Harbor City is a shady area. I do some surveillance work around there recently. Not aware of the dealer. Harbor City is infact the City of LA, aka the Harbor Strip/Gateway area..

vee-driven
10-22-2007, 05:17 PM
I know the owner in a round about way and my friends have sold to and bought vehicles form there.

djunkie
10-23-2007, 02:24 AM
Its a couple blocks from my house. They have a lot of nice looking cars and trucks in there.

Uniqueperformancewest
10-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Ya Im looking at the brand new 2007 Chevy HD that they have there. But I need to sell my F650 first. Thanks guys for the info.
Thanks John

HOOTER SLED-
10-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Its a couple blocks from my house. They have a lot of nice looking cars and trucks in there.
Yes it's true...........Lomita is oh so close to the ghetto of Harbor Shitty. :D

djunkie
10-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Yes it's true...........Lomita is oh so close to the ghetto of Harbor Shitty. :D
At least it doesn't smell like horse shit here. :jawdrop: :D :D

djunkie
10-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Ya Im looking at the brand new 2007 Chevy HD that they have there. But I need to sell my F650 first. Thanks guys for the info.
Thanks John
The black one? If so that thing looks pretty bad ass.

vee-driven
10-23-2007, 10:54 AM
The lifted black HD dosen't look to bad, i still hate the new body style. Lomita is the best and still mostly white. hahah

Uniqueperformancewest
10-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Ya I like the new 07 HD that they have aswell as the 05-06 One, Im just waiting on the sale of my F650. I'm definetly getting a chevy, I love the looks of ford superduty's but over dealing with ford and there engine problems. I had an 04 6.0 and an 06 6.0 and both were messed up within a year, and I just use my trucks way too much to have problems.
thanks John

Havasu1986
10-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Have you tried Photoglou. Jays down the Anaheim Chevrolet section. ;)

Uniqueperformancewest
10-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Ya i will try talking with him before I make a decision, I just want it lifted prior to purchase.
Thanks John

superdave013
10-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Ya i will try talking with him before I make a decision, I just want it lifted prior to purchase.
Thanks John
what?? didn't you just open a lift shop?

Havasu1986
10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Thanks John
Don't you know anybody that does that for a living. :)

Uniqueperformancewest
10-23-2007, 12:03 PM
I knew that comment would be coming soon after what I said, yes I do the lifts. However I would prefer to have the lift incoporated in my truck payments rather than paying for the lift, wheels, and tires out of pocket straight up. Its just easier for me when the lift, wheels, and tires are incorporated in my monthly payments, especially when the lift represents what we sell and what we do.
Thanks John

djunkie
10-23-2007, 12:17 PM
The lifted black HD dosen't look to bad, i still hate the new body style. Lomita is the best and still mostly white. hahah
:D :D :D

djunkie
10-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I knew that comment would be coming soon after what I said, yes I do the lifts. However I would prefer to have the lift incoporated in my truck payments rather than paying for the lift, wheels, and tires out of pocket straight up. Its just easier for me when the lift, wheels, and tires are incorporated in my monthly payments, especially when the lift represents what we sell and what we do.
Thanks John
Jay may be able to help you out with that and I'm sure it will be way cheaper than what they are probably asking at that lot. I know they aren't cheap there.

soupersonic
10-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks John
I wonder if the dealer would sent it to you for the lift,that would be sweet :D

Uniqueperformancewest
10-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Ya I would definetly like to get setup with a dealership for doing lifts etc. I just have to get prepared for something like that because, from what I've heard the dealerships are very demanding and you have to be ready to knock stuff out quickly.
thanks John

superdave013
10-23-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks John
I hope you pay the loan off before those financed tires wear out. ;)

ChumpChange
10-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Ya I would definetly like to get setup with a dealership for doing lifts etc. I just have to get prepared for something like that because, from what I've heard the dealerships are very demanding and you have to be ready to knock stuff out quickly.
thanks John
John:
There something I have noticed for a while and this comments will make me write it down. Since you don't think you can get into the dealership market because of the time response, maybe you should revamp what you are doing at the shop a little. Something like that does take preparation so get prepared. If you concentrated on your lift shop, you might have already be prepared.
You have been pitching a lot of different business ideas on this forum for quite some time. Each business is completely different from the next. Sit down and pencil out which business is your bread and butter. If it's not trucks, then scale that back and concentrate on what is. Which ever one of your businesses it is, concentrate on making that business the most profitable that it can. In years, that business might run itself and make enough cash without you there so you can go and start doing things that you love. Until that time, make that business better.
If you stretch yourself between so many business, trucks, boats, internet, amongst other things that you do, they may never succeed. I come across a lot of business making a lot of money....the minute that the owner decides to go do other things, it slowly starts failing. In a competitive industry, you always have to be on your toes and revamping in order to stay strong.
You can get the dealership accounts if you want. You just better know that's what you want to do before you get them, otherwise, when they need something and you say you are busy solving a problem with a website, they'll drop you.

Uniqueperformancewest
10-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Hey Chump Change I totally agree with you and that is the plan to choose one and funnel everything into that one. However I feel the trucks and the boats are related because similiar people purchase both. The goal for my business is to have the boats as a main business, and the trucks I need to keep things trucking along when the boats are up down up down. Since the boats aren't an item that is guaranteed to be purchased every month etc., where the truck parts etc. could be more consistant and help maintain the business.
As for the web design business thats something totally different that just runs out of the same building. Its a friends business that I work with aswell and help promote.
I appreciate the advice and words of wisdom, and I totally agree. Its just a little more difficult during times such as the ones were in right now.
Thanks John

superdave013
10-23-2007, 02:55 PM
John, It might be the same people buying both trucks and boats (lots of non boat owner are driving trucks though) but here me out on this.
That same person wants to go to a truck shop for his truck and a boat shop for his boat. If he takes both his truck and boat to the same shop it's for audio stuff. He won't drop them off for a lift kit and an outdrive repair at the same place.
I agree, find what you are good at some focus on that.
The best advice I can give you is to keep your cash flow in check. Try your best at keeping the month after month payments as low as you can. Buying lift kits, tires and wheels on credit should not be in the picture. Now if you were finacing a tire mounting machine or a balancer that would be different.

Uniqueperformancewest
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Well the 07 HD at Jims is sold so forget that idea haha.
Thanks for the help guys.
John

djunkie
10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Well the 07 HD at Jims is sold so forget that idea haha.
Thanks for the help guys.
John
I drove by there yesterday and saw it was gone. Thought maybe you got it.

vee-driven
10-24-2007, 03:15 PM
I saw the new body style, lifted black Hd today at the eshelmen ave. Jims, looked like someone was given it a test drive.