PDA

View Full Version : HavaZOOOOOOO Questions

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-22-2003, 06:01 PM
How and the hell do you guys with 18ft jets, boat in havasu???? I almost sunk my boat this weekend :mad: The ride was too damn rough :mad: The wind was too damn strong :mad: Most of the people with big boats dont like jets :mad: And to top it off Kokomos was full of men :mad: :mad: Sorry guys I had to vent! i like havasu but I cant do much boating there unless I buy an eggbeater(not). Good thing I added a splashguard because I would had sunk out there eek! The water looked like an ocean eek!

malcolm
06-22-2003, 06:18 PM
That's how I felt last year at Parker. We went to Havasu the next day, it was better.

Mandelon
06-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Thats why there are so many big ass boats out there. My 20' was slamming all the way down from the ramp to the cove. Cracked the plexi windshield on one side too. :(
Wasn't so bad headed back up though....
Saturday was pretty windy. News said 10 to 20 mph. It isn't usually that bad.

JetBoatRich
06-22-2003, 06:29 PM
It was rough, I was talking to Hallett Dave about the same thing! How did they get there, that ride had to suck :o
[ June 22, 2003, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: JetBoatRich ]

Moneypitt
06-22-2003, 06:33 PM
I have an 18ft Tahiti jet and I must agree about Havasu. 3 yrs ago I thought I would break my boat in half, and it's a big heavy boat. I won't be going back to havasu unless its pure glass, Parker was fun on the same trip, up and down the strip, wide flat open without any problems at all(except a few jetskiers caught up in the aircleaner). I've always heard of Havasu, whats so great unless you've got a big Factory clampon?.... Moneypitt

LVjetboy
06-22-2003, 06:38 PM
"This weekend"
Think about it, why buck the herd? Go when and where water loves you and your low profile lifestyle. Thank god it's still possible in this country. Even on Lake Mead. Why not? Why risk sinking your passion on account of some big ass $$ yacht wake? F*ck that. Personally, I'd move or change jobs or marital bonds if that's what it takes, to protect my ride. Not change rides to suit the masses or yielding to some bogus "Big boats are needed these days mentality."
Up to you.
jer
[ June 22, 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: LVjetboy ]

77charger
06-23-2003, 05:01 PM
go in april or oct.I have a 21 now and it was hard to go fast in so i cruised comfrtly at 20 mph.I think the wind had alot to do with the chop as well as the mass of boats but IMO it was blowing pretty hard and would have been rough no matter what.

Eric455
06-23-2003, 07:14 PM
gottaa love the v-drive. felt the chop, it wasnt even close to what a jet feels like. that prop really brings ur ass up above water and rides like a cadyyy. i stil dont like the fact the way the boat handles thought. "i gotta fix my ride plates." BRUCE!!!!!
eric

XClutchboy725
06-24-2003, 10:17 AM
Yep! We got beat up pretty bad. The wifey has bruises on her butt that I'm sorry to say I didn't put there! :D
It just one of those things you need to know going in...Havasu = Big Water!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Eric! Did ya see us bouncing around when we headed back? I was the one runnin' with ya. Then I got in your wake....Then I got in someone elses wake....etc...etc...etc.

cyclone
06-24-2003, 10:22 AM
the only reason i went to havasu was for OP6C. I never go there otherwise. Ive been twice in two years and put cracks in my hull both times. its the river or nothing for me. These days there's no point in going someplace that i can only drive my boat 25 to 50mph at because of the choppy conditions.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-24-2003, 08:30 PM
I'm sure glad I aint' the only one that feels this way eek! I think I will keep my lil' ol' jet here where the water is smooooth wink wink

77charger
06-24-2003, 08:39 PM
i have to say that the guys with the low pro jets have some big huevos.They were some very clean rides too.I saw dd headed down to the cove early he was moving along pretty good too.
X clutch it was nice to meet you(you aslo have one very clean boat very good cond on the gel too) as well as wrightnow(he was glad he didint bring his boat though)