PDA

View Full Version : NJBA at Lake Ming

Church Mouse
10-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Went to Lake Ming this past weekend, great racing, perfect weather, and Proud Mary Rife was there with her beautiful 73 Howard shovelnose top fueler, what a great place to keep running the 1/4 milers.

Church Mouse
10-22-2007, 10:53 PM
We saw your Kurtis there, it ran as good as it looked, keep it up

sc fab 1
10-23-2007, 05:42 AM
We saw your Kurtis there, it ran as good as it looked, keep it up
thanks! i was really happy with the boat. hopefully we can squeez a little more out of her.:D

Boatmike
10-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Wish i could have been there!:(

mfrey
10-23-2007, 04:40 PM
I'll preface this with: I could be me but...
Did anyone else notice or was it just me? I put bigger gears in the boat to try to slow her down to run the 10-second class. I'm not a beginner. At least this weekend...me and the lights were one (it's not always like that but those of you that have done it...you know what I mean). I left as soon as the "9" began to appear all weekend. With the taller gears it took me awhile to get going. I was running .200 lights all weekend and was leaving "just as the 9 was appearing." I was NOT worried about red lighting all weekend...as I said me and the lights were "one." In the semis I did exactly the same as I had all weekend (keeping in mind I had .200 to play with..which is alot) and I had a .05 red light. No wind...same as my earlier run in Ski Hydro class on Sunday a.m. and first round of 10 second. I'm at a loss. Like I said it could be me but did anyone else notice (and I'm not sour at going out in the semis...I'm just happy to be there!) It seems the IHBA lights are more consistant.

Bobbo541
10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
what lane were you in.

stix818
10-24-2007, 07:25 AM
mfrey, I thought the lights where pretty interesting also!!! I left as soon as I seen 7 and still cut a .8 light??? That's crazy!!! Cole Thurston told me he left on 8 and cut a .5 light!!! I never imagined leaving on a 9 ever!!