PDA

View Full Version : Elephants electrocuted in drunken rampage

Smokin Joe
10-23-2007, 09:31 AM
They had found rice beer in Indian village; incident reflects loss of habitat
GAUHATI, India - Six Asiatic wild elephants were electrocuted as they went berserk after drinking rice beer in India's remote northeast, a wildlife official said Tuesday.
Nearly 40 elephants came to a village on Friday looking for food. Some found beer, which farmers ferment and keep in plastic and tin drums in their huts, said Sunil Kumar, a state wildlife official.
They got drunk, uprooted a utility pole carrying power lines and were electrocuted in Chandan Nukat, a village nearly 150 miles west of Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya state, Kumar said.
Can you say party animal:eek:

photo chick
10-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I always wondered why we didn't allow alcohol at the park, even during employee functions...now I know why. Don't want 39 drunk tigers and lions.....yikes!! :jawdrop:

Cheap Thrills
10-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Don't want 39 drunk tigers and lions.....yikes!! :jawdrop:
And Bears , Oh My ! :D
T.

Baja Big Dog
10-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Drunk elephants, christ, I woke up with a few of them, wishing they could have been electrocuted!!!!:eek:

Jbb
10-23-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah....we're gonna have to keep the Ellies away from the beer...They are mean drunks...:jawdrop:

HalletDave
10-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah....we're gonna have to keep the Ellies away from the beer...They are mean drunks...:jawdrop:
My pet kangaroo is one mean som bitch after a twelve pack of Fosters. :jawdrop:
I just use my tazer on Joey when he gets that way.;)
I certainly would not want to deal with a hammered pet Hippo.:eek:

rrrr
10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
I certainly would not want to deal with a hammered pet Hippo.:eek:
We all wondered why you broke up with that gal......:D :D

HalletDave
10-23-2007, 12:43 PM
We all wondered why you broke up with that gal......:D :D
She could be "tons of fun" at times.:jawdrop: :D