PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm......

boatsnblondes
10-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Makes you wonder.....
A few years ago, residents of New Orleans sought shelter at the super dome...now, residents aslo seek shelter at Qualcomm in San Diego, in the first instance, all hell broke loose, in this, civility reighns supreme....there is a difference, but I dare not touch upon it....anyone else wanna jump into that bottomless void??
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071023/D8SETS4G0.html

Her454
10-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Makes you wonder.....
A few years ago, residents of New Orleans sought shelter at the super dome...now, residents aslo seek shelter at Qualcomm in San Diego, in the first instance, all hell broke loose, in this, civility reighns supreme....there is a difference, but I dare not touch upon it....anyone else wanna jump into that bottomless void??
Funny as I was thinking along the same lines this morning. Scary.:eek: :(

HalletDave
10-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Makes you wonder.....
Nope, too short of a fuse to be lighting in order to escape safely. ;)

Mandelon
10-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Give it time, they've only just gotten there. There is still plenty of time for the situation to degrade into total hell. :D
OK, really, I get your inference that race may have something to do with it?
I would propose that its more of a socioeconomic difference. The evacuated areas are mostly financially well off residents. All the motels and hotels are booked up all of a sudden so they've nowhere else to go.
I think they will be more grateful for some food and a place to stay updated with all the televisions around. As a group they would unused to entitlements and not expect anything....not a "where's my check" sort of attitude.
But I would like to see Bilgie photochop the black Heineken guy into some photos of the damaged areas pretty soon....

OKIE-JET
10-23-2007, 10:01 AM
The old powder keg thread....:D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Makes you wonder.....
Probabaly a good idea that you don't. This mess in SoCal is far from over.

westair
10-23-2007, 10:14 AM
I think the city of San Diego is much more prepared - New Orleans had nothing.
............ but the rest of the problems were obvious.

justfloatn
10-23-2007, 10:27 AM
I think the reporter gave the reasons things are different...
"The New Orleans evacuees had dragged themselves through floodwaters to get to the Louisiana Superdome in 2005, and once there endured horrific conditions without food, sanitation or law enforcement.
But these evacuees drove to the expansive parking lots in the San Diego suburbs. The worst that most endured in their exodus was heavy traffic and smoky haze."
Plus catered food, plenty of water, ability to come and go at will. News is on keeping people informed. It's not like the fire is outside the door. In a nutshell, the fear and panic is not present. Completely different natural disaster.

superdave013
10-23-2007, 10:34 AM
it will all be good in da hood until the whities ATM cards run out! :D

RitcheyRch
10-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Heard women were stopping to get manicures, pedicures, facials and massages before going to the relief centers.

superdave013
10-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Well, let's see. They've only been there for two days, the toilets are still working, and they're not having the roof ripped off the building during a hurricane. I think there is a big difference. I also agree with Richard that socioeconomic status has a lot to do with it.
I'm sure the good BnB is not implying that race has anything to do with it, as that is not the Christian way. At least I hope that's not what he was implying.
Christian way, LMAO Every real racist I know is a god fearing christain of some sort. :jawdrop:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-23-2007, 11:19 AM
:D or at least says they are.
Love thy neighbor as thyself.

superdave013
10-23-2007, 11:22 AM
unless you're a white christain and they are black baptists. ;)

SB
10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
The #1 factor is having power (I've been through hurricanes.) You wouldn't believe how you can't get anything done without power.
"Aggressive efforts by disaster-response officials to bring supplies helped ensure civility. A heavy police contingent and National Guard troops with automatic weapons stood by just in case."
Note that San Diego and CA were ready to help v. N.O. officials that were helpless, corrupt and incompetent. National Guard already there v. N.O. delays in calling in Guard and federal help.

Shreve"T"
10-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Clearly the situation is different But so is the MENTALITY of the people different... Really has nothing to do with race believe ME !!!! Been here in Louisiana for 11 years and Miss California's way of thinking...:D :D :D :D

Jbb
10-23-2007, 11:48 AM
I cant wait for Hoss to chime in on this one...:D

boatsnblondes
10-23-2007, 11:56 AM
The #1 factor is having power (I've been through hurricanes.) You wouldn't believe how you can't get anything done without power.
"Aggressive efforts by disaster-response officials to bring supplies helped ensure civility. A heavy police contingent and National Guard troops with automatic weapons stood by just in case."
Note that San Diego and CA were ready to help v. N.O. officials that were helpless, corrupt and incompetent. National Guard already there v. N.O. delays in calling in Guard and federal help.
There ya go...someone said what I was thinking....and the leaders of NO were??? Democrats.....'nuff said.....:D

Mandelon
10-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Howdy, neighbor.......:devil:

rrrr
10-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Just wait until the Starbucks kiosks in the arena run out of grande triple mocha whipped cream lattes........:jawdrop:
:D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-23-2007, 12:38 PM
[/B]
There ya go...someone said what I was thinking....and the leaders of NO were??? Democrats.....'nuff said.....:D
BnB, leave politics out of this disaster. You're talking like a child again. Please at least let the smoke settle before spewing more of you Christian Right BS, please.

hkunz
10-23-2007, 12:40 PM
NOLA is a Democratic party town.
SD is Republican, although they have been known to elect non-Republicans occasionally. Also, SD has an exceptionally high percentage of Navy and Marine Corps folks, active, former, and retired. There is a mindset that comes with the BTDT deployment ordeal which will help them help themselves and each other.

boatsnblondes
10-23-2007, 05:06 PM
BnB, leave politics out of this disaster. You're talking like a child again. Please at least let the smoke settle before spewing more of you Christian Right BS, please.
Whats the matter, can't take the glare of the blinding lights yet again being shed on your worthless party?? Sorry, politics has everything to do with it.....

riverroyal
10-23-2007, 05:21 PM
and saw this one.World News tonight was just on.They compared the 2.They were amazed at the calmness and willing to help from everyone.Also thats a CITY operation,not FEMA.
All I could think about was the difference in the "evacues". San Diego Vs New orleans??Yes ,the crowd looked a bit different

riverbound
10-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Shouldnt this be in the political rhetoric forum??

Moneypitt
10-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Shouldnt this be in the political rhetoric forum??
Please, NO................Here it will fade away, there, it would go on for months.......
MP

HM
10-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Just wait until the Starbucks kiosks in the arena run out of grande triple mocha whipped cream lattes........:jawdrop:
:D
Dude...you just made me shake in my boots. :eek: :eek: :eek:

ChumpChange
10-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Here's another question:
Why were the N.O. residents called "Refugees" while the S.D. residents are "Evacuees"?

boatsnblondes
10-23-2007, 06:06 PM
No idea....but I will say this...they had days to get ready for Katrina...everyone saw it coming.....they should have done a lot more than they did, but the fires, they popped up literally overnight...and SD STILL did a better job of taking care of it's people than NO.....not bad for a bunch of evil bad Republicans...makes me proud...

Sportin' Wood
10-23-2007, 06:27 PM
I apologize for assuming you were insinuating it was a racial issue.
~Angie--not SW

3 daytona`s
10-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Here's another question:
Why were the N.O. residents called "Refugees" while the S.D. residents are "Evacuees"?
as Refugees was way too honorable a term:rolleyes:

socalmoney
10-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Here's another question:
Refugees don't have cars. Evacuees do.
I sure hope all those delinquents from Rancho Bernardo don't move into my neighborhood. Crime will go threw the roof.

Mandelon
10-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Well they are turning people away from many of the evac centers now......
........The people they are turning away are the ones that are donating food, blankets and tents. There's too much water, too much food. Please stop bringing donations......:D
Many stores are sold out of such goods as kind San Diegans buy them up and donate them.

3 daytona`s
10-23-2007, 07:59 PM
There is one thing for sure this thread has worked out with no controversy or name calling on either side:)

boatsnblondes
10-24-2007, 05:53 AM
There is one thing for sure this thread has worked out with no controversy or name calling on either side:)
Past experience has proven that thats not hard to change....:D

gotfw
10-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Being a long time lurker and New Orleans resident who endured all the postings about rebuilding homes that were destroyed by faulty Corps of Engineer levees, I ask, should Southern california be rebuilt?
These fires seem to keep happening over and over. Maybe everyone should relocate to a safer area.
This is tongue in cheek, but realize what it is like when the shoe is on the other foot!
People in glass houses........

boatsnblondes
10-24-2007, 06:48 AM
Being a long time lurker and New Orleans resident who endured all the postings about rebuilding homes that were destroyed by faulty Corps of Engineer levees, I ask, should Southern california be rebuilt?
These fires seem to keep happening over and over. Maybe everyone should relocate to a safer area.
This is tongue in cheek, but realize what it is like when the shoe is on the other foot!
Munch Munch Munch.....
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41775&stc=1&d=1193237284

MBlaster
10-24-2007, 06:52 AM
I don't think there was many toyhaulers and diesel pushers in the parking lot at the superdome.

Jordy
10-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Fukkin W!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Sorry, just noticed that nobody had blamed him yet. :D :D :D

ULTRA26 # 1
10-24-2007, 07:00 AM
No idea....but I will say this...they had days to get ready for Katrina...everyone saw it coming.....they should have done a lot more than they did, but the fires, they popped up literally overnight...and SD STILL did a better job of taking care of it's people than NO.....not bad for a bunch of evil bad Republicans...makes me proud...
Don't be such a dork. There is a huge difference in the operation of CA and NO. Did you forget who runs the majority of this state. Glad you are a proud Republican, but I, like most, will assure you that CA's response to the recent disaster can not be attributed to one political party or the other.
I would like to say thanks to the fire crews for doing an amazing job. Without your efforts, this situation could have been much worse.
Salute.

ratso
10-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Have they sent out the $2000 checks yet?

SummitKarl
10-24-2007, 07:33 AM
But I would like to see Bilgie photochop the black Heineken guy into some photos of the damaged areas pretty soon....
compliments of Lighting-Ari
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/BMAC.jpg

boatsnblondes
10-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Don't be such a dork. There is a huge difference in the operation of CA and NO. Did you forget who runs the majority of this state. Glad you are a proud Republican, but I, like most, will assure you that CA's response to the recent disaster can not be attributed to one political party or the other.
I would like to say thanks to the fire crews for doing an amazing job. Without your efforts, this situation could have been much worse.
Salute.
No, not at all...in fact, heres a map....funny, lots of red, huh???But you knew that...didn't you? Your just trying to stick up for you team....good for you...
Heres a pic of the real power in Ca......
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41782&stc=1&d=1193239928

boatsnblondes
10-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Funny, theres not a hell of a lot of blue on there, is there???If not for large cities, dems might not make it....but of course, the new dem thing is to get rid of the electoral college....right......:rolleyes:

ULTRA26 # 1
10-24-2007, 07:47 AM
No, not at all...in fact, heres a map....funny, lots of red, huh???But you knew that...didn't you? Your just trying to stick up for you team....good for you...
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41782&stc=1&d=1193239928
God BnB use your head. The blue areas are where CA is populated. My point is that the response in CA was not a result of politics, one way or the other. Your claim to the contrary is ridicules. Again, use you head. This isn't about politics. NO is a very poor State by comparrison. Look at the cost of homes that were lost in the two States.

Moneypitt
10-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Have they sent out the $2000 checks yet?
It will be interesting to see how much fraud results from this disaster. FEMA is now involved, just like in NO.......Wonder when the trailers are gonna get here? BTW, I seem to recall the $2000. being in the form of FEMA credit/debit cards, not checks.....Remember the big screens and other bling that were purchased with OUR money?.................MP

ChumpChange
10-24-2007, 08:13 AM
NO is a very poor State by comparrison. Look at the cost of homes that were lost in the two States.
They made N.O. a state now? It barely ran as a city. :eek: :D

Kachina26
10-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Don't be such a dork.
Shots fired, I repeat, shots fired!!!

superdave013
10-24-2007, 08:33 AM
well I'm sure they will be rebuilt just like your area will be also. But I'll tell ya, when I was buying a house I wanted to live out there so bad. But ..... my requiremts were flat driveway, not close to any cliffs (mud slides, land slides) or in any wildfire areas. So that means I'm a city dweller with out a killer view but did sleep in my own bed last night.
I guess everything is a trade off. Killer views in CA but it burns now and then, killer views in FL but every once in awhile momma blows your house away. Or no killer views and live a ho hum life in downtown Anaheim.

Quest4Fun
10-24-2007, 08:35 AM
San Diegans and Californians in general should be proud of how they have handled themselves during this disaster. From the news reports it seems like the atmosphere at Qualcomm Stadium is almost up-beat and party-like.
The problem with the Super Dome was that there were no supplies there and once the flooding hit, they couldn't get supplies in. They knew the hurricane was coming, and announced the Super Dome as the evacuation site...they should have had the place pre-stocked with goods.

maxwedge
10-24-2007, 08:40 AM
Man, you guys scared the shit outta me. For a second I thought this was the latest fire map.:D

boatsnblondes
10-24-2007, 09:01 AM
God BnB use your head. The blue areas are where CA is populated. My point is that the response in CA was not a result of politics, one way or the other. Your claim to the contrary is ridicules. Again, use you head. This isn't about politics. NO is a very poor State by comparrison. Look at the cost of homes that were lost in the two States.
No, blue areas are democratic couties in the 2004 Presidential election....goes to show you, if HALF the registered Republicans voted in any given election, Dems would never hold power in this state again....
Here is the original link to the map...just soe's ya don't go away mad, just that you go away...
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/countymap.htm
Whats home price got to do with anything?? Are you for real?? We are talking about the City/counties ability to react instantly to a major crisis, but also to do it effectively....that is all politics...KAtrina did not sneak up on NO..they had days to get it together...instead, they took off...NAgin is an asshole..

Old Texan
10-24-2007, 09:30 AM
San Diegans and Californians in general should be proud of how they have handled themselves during this disaster. From the news reports it seems like the atmosphere at Qualcomm Stadium is almost up-beat and party-like.
The problem with the Super Dome was that there were no supplies there and once the flooding hit, they couldn't get supplies in. They knew the hurricane was coming, and announced the Super Dome as the evacuation site...they should have had the place pre-stocked with goods.
As I recall, Gov Blanco didn't want to stock up as it would encourage folks to stay.
Blanco is the root cause of the majority of the NO problem prior to, during, and after the storm.

Shreve"T"
10-24-2007, 09:36 AM
"BIG" Difference between the two.....SoRRY but I would think that the re-building process in San Diego will be complete different than the one going on in New Orleans..
#1 It will get done
#2 No one person will fear for there life in doing so.
New Orleans is the ARM PIT of Louisiana.. IMO.....:D :D :D :D

SB
10-24-2007, 10:35 AM
The difference between evacuees and refugees is that evacuees evacuated out of mandatory evacuation zones. Refugees ignored the evacuation order until they floated away.
The point about having cars is a good point.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-24-2007, 10:51 AM
compliments of Lighting-Ari
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/BMAC.jpg
LMFAO!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-24-2007, 10:58 AM
So if the reds hold "the real power in California" based on the above map, who holds "the real power" in Louisiana?
btw, I wish the red's were in power here. Unfortunately, the highly populated blue areas dictate the rules for the underpopulated red areas. Looks like it's the same way in LA. The only difference I see is that San Diego is in a red area while NO is in a blue area. Or is it? I can't really tell from the map.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-24-2007, 11:07 AM
So if the reds hold "the real power in California" based on the above map, who holds "the real power" in Louisiana?
btw, I wish the red's were in power here. Unfortunately, the highly populated blue areas dictate the rules for the underpopulated red areas. Looks like it's the same way in LA. The only difference I see is that San Diego is in a red area while NO is in a blue area. Or is it? I can't really tell from the map.
See, it takes a teacher, one that BnB took a 'swipe' at in the God threads I kight add, to explain it. MMSW is absolutely correct. While based on area the red would seem to be far more powerful in CA the more populated blue areas have the power.
HD<-------regiestered Republican

Pepperkornski
10-24-2007, 11:17 AM
I thought the blue area signified where the welfare offices are located.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-24-2007, 11:18 AM
That too :D

Kachina26
10-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Damn, that's gotta smart a little!

thatguy
10-24-2007, 11:34 AM
It would seem very illogical to presume that red rules because of a map.
If a 5000 sq. mile area has one person on it, say a republican, it is a powerless 5000sq. mile area.
This is where the rules of engagement come into play for B&B.
You WILL NEVER convince him that his argument and presentation hold no water. :) :( :)
Tommy

thatguy
10-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Except for the blue spots way up there on the right. Kinda by Nova Scotia.
Thats the Dem's secret hideout.
Tommy

Pepperkornski
10-24-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/BMAC.jpg[/
I am saddened by how many of you don't realize that these type of pictures are racist. As members on Hot Boat, you should be much more informed. It's not just the action, it's the impact.
I hope you'll do some self reflecting and realize that Dave Chappell is funny, racism is not. (Probably the reason Dave Chappell is a rich bitch and others spend there time creating and posting pictures on this site.)
I also noticed that people here assume that the man picture was a looter. No chance that was his stash of beer? Maybe the man didn't want to leave his beer, maybe that's all he had left.

donzi5150
10-24-2007, 03:27 PM
As I recall, Gov Blanco didn't want to stock up as it would encourage folks to stay.
Blanco is the root cause of the majority of the NO problem prior to, during, and after the storm.
I was back home, on the north side of the lake, when Katrina hit and had the unfortunate pleasure to evacuate to Destin and sit on the beach for a week, but Old Texan is right, As I was slowly creeping down I-10 I saw hundreds of National Guard Trucks, hundreds of contractors, hundreds of power company trucks, Red Cross, flat beds with water, gas, food all traveling west. Gov. Blanco refused to let the Feds in but who got the quick blame......this was two days before it hit, thousands of trucks and man power on the way order to move by the Bush Government!
Mississippi was just as devastated if not more along the coast and what did that republican Governor say? Shoot to kill if you loot and how many news stories did we see in Misssissippi? None……
Its mentality, “the government has always taken care of me so I'll go the superdome!” It's called personal responsibility and if you look at that map with all the blue spots those are big liberal cities with lots of social programs and handout programs that cripple people in these types of situations! Geaux Hilary….to hell!:D :D

Mandelon
10-24-2007, 03:41 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/BMAC.jpg[/
I am saddened by how many of you don't realize that these type of pictures are racist. As members on Hot Boat, you should be much more informed. It's not just the action, it's the impact.
I hope you'll do some self reflecting and realize that Dave Chappell is funny, racism is not. (Probably the reason Dave Chappell is a rich bitch and others spend there time creating and posting pictures on this site.)
I also noticed that people here assume that the man picture was a looter. No chance that was his stash of beer? Maybe the man didn't want to leave his beer, maybe that's all he had left.
Its funny cuz he's a looter, and he's been chopped into dozens if not hundreds of photos in the past. No one mentioned his race........except for you..:idea:
Actually now that I think about it, I mentioned it, but only as a description to request a chop with him in it, not in a derogatory way......its funny. Lighten up.

boatsnblondes
10-24-2007, 05:50 PM
It would seem very illogical to presume that red rules because of a map.
If a 5000 sq. mile area has one person on it, say a republican, it is a powerless 5000sq. mile area.
This is where the rules of engagement come into play for B&B.
You WILL NEVER convince him that his argument and presentation hold no water. :) :( :)
Tommy
One would tend to think you are right Tommy...but I asked a Republican Chairman over in Riverside about it...and he said not even 50% of the folks in Riverside and SB counties vote....he said if they did, they far ooutnumber the Dems int eh other more populated areas...I was surprised.....the Dems in teh Bay area are fora more activist I think....until the inland areas and the San Jauquin Valley get out more, it might not change for a while....

Sleeper CP
10-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Clearly the situation is different But so is the MENTALITY of the people different... Really has nothing to do with race believe ME !!!! Been here in Louisiana for 11 years and Miss California's way of thinking...:D :D :D :D
This situation is not a good stand alone example. It is far to limited in scope compaired to Katrina. California would have to have a massive 9.0+ earthquake to create a situation like N.O. No water, transportation,power, etc.
When it does happen and it will , I would like to think that Californian's would do far better than they did in New Orleans, but you never know. I think Los Angles would be a mess and San Diego and San Fransico would do much better.
I just hope I'm home is East County when it happen's, I'll be real close to my gun's.:D
Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover

squirt'nmyload
10-24-2007, 08:40 PM
I am saddened by how many of you don't realize that these type of pictures are racist. As members on Hot Boat, you should be much more informed. It's not just the action, it's the impact. .
:eek: :D
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/jordylooter.jpg

thatguy
10-25-2007, 02:09 AM
Now THAT is some funny shat!!
Tommy
B&B, You are probably right, we need to get more involved and active as a party. I suppose.

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Tommy
B&B, You are probably right, we need to get more involved and active as a party. I suppose.
Exactly....in those areas that ARE red, add up the number of registered Republicans, and it quickly outnumbers the registered dems...just that that dems are far more activist than Repubs.....so they "get out the vote better" How's Val???

ratso
10-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Tommy
Now that's racist!:mad:
Oh, wait a minute, I'm a white guy so I can't say that...:D

thatguy
10-25-2007, 06:09 AM
[/B]
Exactly....in those areas that ARE red, add up the number of registered Republicans, and it quickly outnumbers the registered dems...just that that dems are far more activist than Repubs.....so they "get out the vote better" How's Val???
Just as mean and nasty as ever. Kid is officially hopeless, I'm afraid.
Tommy

boatsnblondes
10-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Just as mean and nasty as ever. Kid is officially hopeless, I'm afraid.
Tommy
Oh man, is this a story I want to hear???

HEDJUG
10-25-2007, 07:09 AM
The difference between evacuees and refugees is that evacuees evacuated out of mandatory evacuation zones. Refugees ignored the evacuation order until they floated away.
The point about having cars is a good point.
BINGO.
The folks who left NOLA on time, as req'd were fine. The ones who waited till it was too late, well it was too late.
To quote a displaced NOLA refugee "We's got really mad when they's shut off the TV, the power & the water, so we came here (the dome)."

Pepperkornski
10-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Now this is better, no racial bias and you have even given the brotha a job! :)
Keep up the good work. :D

thatguy
10-25-2007, 07:43 AM
This is going downhill fast. Can bilge chop a DCB spinning out somewhere in here? Or maybe a train? :)
Tommy

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Well they are turning people away from many of the evac centers now......
........The people they are turning away are the ones that are donating food, blankets and tents. There's too much water, too much food. Please stop bringing donations......:D
Many stores are sold out of such goods as kind San Diegans buy them up and donate them.
Some seriously good folks in SD and in SoCal in general. Makes me proud.
No, blue areas are democratic couties in the 2004 Presidential election....goes to show you, if HALF the registered Republicans voted in any given election, Dems would never hold power in this state again....
Here is the original link to the map...just soe's ya don't go away mad, just that you go away...
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/countymap.htm
Whats home price got to do with anything?? Are you for real?? We are talking about the City/counties ability to react instantly to a major crisis, but also to do it effectively....that is all politics...KAtrina did not sneak up on NO..they had days to get it together...instead, they took off...NAgin is an asshole..
The map depicts the counties on 2004 that voted red or blue for the office of President. Clearly, as least in CA, the blue areas are the areas that are the most poputated. Whether you or anyone likes in or not, the majority of CA votes Democratic. Suggesting that this is because Republicans don't get out and vote, doesn't say much for Republicans, now does it?. You probabaly would have told a more honest story if you stated that there too damn many people who think that the entire process is a joke and as a result that don't care about politics at all. The map has nothing to do with numbers of registered Democrats or Republicans.
The price of homes and the amount of property and other Taxes paid in CA has all to do with the ability to be prepared for natural disaster. The parts of LA hit by Katrina are very poor by comparrison.
If you are one of those folks, which you seem to be, that believe the Kartina disaster, was the fault of anyting other than a hurricane, you're an idiot. While we all know that the people of NO may have been better prepared, doesn't change the fact that the large part of NO was destroyed. Guys like you seem to be of the position fock NO, they don't deserve Federal assistance or any of your hard earned tax dollars. Am I right on this one BnB.

Mandelon
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Now this is better, no racial bias and you have even given the brotha a job! :)
Keep up the good work. :D
Now it looks like the obviously hard working oppressed African American gentleman aka the Heineken guy is bringing the heines to that large boned beer swilling lazy white cracker.
Now that's offensive. Obviously it should be the other way around...:D

SB
10-25-2007, 09:03 AM
BINGO.
The folks who left NOLA on time, as req'd were fine. The ones who waited till it was too late, well it was too late.
To quote a displaced NOLA refugee "We's got really mad when they's shut off the TV, the power & the water, so we came here (the dome)."
I liked the young, healthy woman who said, "When the water got to the ceiling, we started dialing 911, but no one came."

ULTRA26 # 1
10-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Now it looks like the obviously hard working oppressed African American gentleman aka the Heineken guy is bringing the heines to that large boned beer swilling lazy white cracker.
Now that's offensive. Obviously it should be the other way around...:D
:D :D