PDA

View Full Version : Cooks Corner is in trouble!!!

Baja Big Dog
10-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Now this is serious shit...they have evacuated the area around Cooks, some expensive homes around there....this sucks!!!:mad:

mbrown2
10-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Where is Cooks corner at?

XtrmWakeborder
10-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Is Orange Park Acres in trouble?

Havasu1986
10-23-2007, 01:58 PM
Cooks Corner is a old bar north of Foothill Ranch. I think its called Modjeska Canyon.

Not So Fast
10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Just talked with my oldest son who lives on Los Alisos above Trabuco Rd and he said they appear safe but he said "Dad, it looks like a war zone" He went to El Toro High school to volunteer and said it was surreal seeing the gym full of cots, campers everywhere and lots of people with their pets just looking bewildered. He is not an emotional guy but I could tell he was taken aback by this. Horrible just horrible. NSF

BADBLOWN572
10-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Cooks Corner is on Silverado Canyon Road just north of Foothill Ranch & Mission Viejo. It is at the entrance to Trabuco Canyon & right next to O'neil Park.
Is Orange Park Acres in trouble?
Not as of this point in time. The fire is out past the 241 toll road and has a ways to go before it hits OPA. I am at my parent's house which is about 1/2 a mile away from OPA and no heavy smoke in the air.

superdave013
10-23-2007, 02:44 PM
well Limestone canyon and whitting ranch burnt down yesterday. And that's right across the street pretty much.

XtrmWakeborder
10-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Not as of this point in time. The fire is out past the 241 toll road and has a ways to go before it hits OPA. I am at my parent's house which is about 1/2 a mile away from OPA and no heavy smoke in the air.
Good, I have quite a few friends in that area.

Dezertrider
10-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I noticed the wind picking up and went outside to check on the fire. I took these pics every 5 min. It just consumed the hill
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/mxgirl523/07Fire10004.jpg
5 min
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/mxgirl523/07Fire10005.jpg
5 Min
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/mxgirl523/07Fire10009.jpg
5 Min
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/mxgirl523/07Fire10012.jpg
5 Minhttp://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/mxgirl523/07Fire10013.jpg

Racey
10-23-2007, 03:49 PM
I've partied at Cooks Corner before, way cool little place, modjeska canyon is bitchin too, there are some cool little houses up there, i remember one that a HUUUGEE boulder rolled through and left a hole about 8 feet wide right through the whole house, just like in a cartoon, or another whose driveway bridge washed out leaving all the peoples vehicles stranded on the property with no way out where they sat for about 2 years, probably still to this day. Neat little spot. Hopefully they dont lose too much of it :(

Baja Big Dog
10-23-2007, 04:19 PM
I've partied at Cooks Corner before, way cool little place, modjeska canyon is bitchin too, there are some cool little houses up there, i remember one that a HUUUGEE boulder rolled through and left a hole about 8 feet wide right through the whole house, just like in a cartoon, or another whose driveway bridge washed out leaving all the peoples vehicles stranded on the property with no way out where they sat for about 2 years, probably still to this day. Neat little spot. Hopefully they dont lose too much of it :(
Cooks is a cool little biker bar, turned a little yupie in the last few years, but thats the norm.
The house with the hole in it is actually the store in Silverado, it was caused by a rain storm, and the family that owned the store lost there daughter when the rock killed her in her room. The store still looks the same, it hasnt been touched since that day.

superdave013
10-23-2007, 04:28 PM
BBD, do you know Jerry Mansfield? I worked with him for years. Lives next to the fire station.

ULTRA26 # 1
10-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Just talked with my oldest son who lives on Los Alisos above Trabuco Rd and he said they appear safe but he said "Dad, it looks like a war zone" He went to El Toro High school to volunteer and said it was surreal seeing the gym full of cots, campers everywhere and lots of people with their pets just looking bewildered. He is not an emotional guy but I could tell he was taken aback by this. Horrible just horrible. NSF
Bobby,
Your Son is right. There are no clouds in the sky and it's as dark as just before a storm. When I left work at 4:45 it was close to 100 deg. in Fullerton. The weather folks are saying that the worst is behind us. :confused: By far the worst SoCal has ever been hit by fire, at least that I can remember.

Baja Big Dog
10-23-2007, 05:41 PM
BBD, do you know Jerry Mansfield? I worked with him for years. Lives next to the fire station.
No Dave...dont know him, my bro probably knows him, he was a volunteer at eh fire station for years, he has lived in Silverado for over 35 years...

Not So Fast
10-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Bobby,
Your Son is right. There are no clouds in the sky and it's as dark as just before a storm. When I left work at 4:45 it was close to 100 deg. in Fullerton. The weather folks are saying that the worst is behind us. :confused: By far the worst SoCal has ever been hit by fire, at least that I can remember.
He just called and said they can see the fire now up in the Trabuco Canyon but it appears going the other way, for now at least.
Brett just got called to San Berdoo and Travis is on stand-by, sort of worried now, love those boys of mine:( NSF

3 daytona`s
10-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Now this is serious shit...they have evacuated the area around Cooks, some expensive homes around there....this sucks!!!:mad:
does this diminish the severity of other areas:confused:

Riverkid
10-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Sheriff's choppers pulling buckets of water out of Irvine Lake, and a whole bunch of Hueys getting water at Blackstar Canyon and dumping wherever. OCFA and LA City Air have a ton of assets in there...
Was busy and didn't get to Cooks...:(