PDA

View Full Version : Fire Victims

Redneck
10-23-2007, 09:12 PM
I know there isnt much I can do but sit here and hope everyone is going to be alright. Believe me I have been throught the evacuations and when I was a kid lost a house to a fire so kind of know what it is like to have this happen to you. If anyone needs something feel free to pm me and if I can help or know someone that can Ill do what I can do. Our prayers are with you guys hoping to keep you guys safe. If you even just need a break from the smoke hit us up and come stay a day or so out here in Havasu ill buy the beers. Be safe and hope everything goes well for you guys.
Kenny

OverKill
10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Kenny
How about I just hang out and drink some beers with you just because :) . I will be up there on Dec. 7th maybe meet up then??
OverKill

BajaMike
10-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Yea, I hope everyone is OK....I drove in from Northen Cal today....fires on both sides of I-5 near Magic Mt, fires in Malibu, fires in mountains east of Mission Viejo.
It was 101 degrees in Mission Viejo today at 1:00 pm. 95 degrees when I got home to Dana Point, and black soot everywhere.....
:idea:

Redneck
10-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Kenny
How about I just hang out and drink some beers with you just because :) . I will be up there on Dec. 7th maybe meet up then??
OverKill
sounds good thats my bday so i am sure i will be drinking

Redneck
10-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Like I said I know it is far but if someone needs to store anything for a bit shoot me a pm We can find a place to store stuff

lalhc
10-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the comment. It's been a freaking roller-coaster ride for our family while we wait this one out in Havasu. One minute our house is out of danger and then the next minute it's in immediate danger. It's difficult to kill time not knowing what the heck is going on in my community. The SB mountain people are a tight knit community and it's going to be rough returning home knowing that some or many of our friends lost their homes. My wife is a teacher in Arrowhead and many of the homes lost on Monday are homes in her school area.

HavaSkank
10-25-2007, 07:42 AM
This is a cruel eff'ing joke. I went through this nightmare/bullshit exactly 4 yrs ago to the date with the Old Fire. Im moving to Antartica

phebus
10-25-2007, 07:51 AM
This is a cruel eff'ing joke. I went through this nightmare/bullshit exactly 4 yrs ago to the date with the Old Fire. Im moving to Antartica
Kim, how are you doing? I hope all is well.

Redneck
10-25-2007, 08:51 AM
I hope all is well we were in that fire 4 yrs ago too I couldnt imagine going through it again. Good luck let us know if you need anything.

HavaSkank
10-25-2007, 08:57 AM
My nerves are shot and Im slightly homicidal, but other than that Im hangin' in there. Im more irritated than anything at this point. Rumors are flying and reports are conflicting. One minute I hear my shack was one of the few that survived on my street, and the next minute I have a neighbor saying "holy shit kim, Im so sorry to hear about your house."
Im evacuated with a friend and we learned her house burned BY WATCHING IT ON EFF'ING TV. I've been keeping my brain busy by helping her and her family out with all the insurance bullshit, as much as a I can anyways.
Now that the weekend is approaching and I've heard I cant go back up the mtn for probably another week; I think I'll head down to Redondo to get drunk and get laid. Perhaps that will help soothe my frazzled nerves.

Redneck
10-25-2007, 09:01 AM
My nerves are shot and Im slightly homicidal, but other than that Im hangin' in there. Im more irritated than anything at this point. Rumors are flying and reports are conflicting. One minute I hear my shack was one of the few that survived on my street, and the next minute I have a neighbor saying "holy shit kim, Im so sorry to hear about your house."
Im evacuated with a friend and we learned her house burned BY WATCHING IT ON EFF'ING TV. I've been keeping my brain busy by helping her and her family out with all the insurance bullshit, as much as a I can anyways.
Now that the weekend is approaching and I've heard I cant go back up the mtn for probably another week; I think I'll head down to Redondo to get drunk and get laid. Perhaps that will help soothe my frazzled nerves.
or drive out to havi Im sure you can get drunk here

phebus
10-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear that. On the news this morning they said that today they would be posting the homes that were lost up in the mountains on status boards at the Orange Show Fairgrounds.
Got my fingers crossed for you, and I'm glad to see you still have your sense of humor.

lalhc
10-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Kim - PM me your address. My brother-n-law (Bill Offerman) will drive out there or one of his friends on the strike teams will check. He already checked the Liable's house and it is OK.

meaniam
10-25-2007, 09:44 AM
havaskank. we went to running springs yesterday. using a dwp truck. had to check on the houses. we saw clearly that someone left the garage door of my dads house on tv. he is located on edison. my brother and other family houses located on the end of hunsacker is okay. and his father in laws on encina. is alright other then the ff cutting down a fence to fight tree fires. the house on hunsacker we were told burned tuesday morning. and 2 separate people said the house on encina they watched burned.
none of this was true.
monday my cousin was told his house on ranger in twin peaks burned. yesterday he was told that was not true either. they even had all of t.p. highlighted on the burn maps. today they redid it. just a small area of t.p. highlighted.
we are gonna go up 138 with someone from ceder pines park. and try and make it to staters then to running springs. we forgot to check my dads place for theft and secure it. but i just read the sheriff and Chp have the mountain sealed tight. so we will see.
the rumors are just as bad as the fire.
have you tried calling your house to see if answering machine picks up?

Havasu1986
10-25-2007, 03:51 PM
havaskank. we went to running springs yesterday. using a dwp truck. had to check on the houses. we saw clearly that someone left the garage door of my dads house on tv. he is located on edison. my brother and other family houses located on the end of hunsacker is okay. and his father in laws on encina. is alright other then the ff cutting down a fence to fight tree fires. the house on hunsacker we were told burned tuesday morning. and 2 separate people said the house on encina they watched burned.
none of this was true.
monday my cousin was told his house on ranger in twin peaks burned. yesterday he was told that was not true either. they even had all of t.p. highlighted on the burn maps. today they redid it. just a small area of t.p. highlighted.
we are gonna go up 138 with someone from ceder pines park. and try and make it to staters then to running springs. we forgot to check my dads place for theft and secure it. but i just read the sheriff and Chp have the mountain sealed tight. so we will see.
the rumors are just as bad as the fire.
have you tried calling your house to see if answering machine picks up?
Thats a good tip right there. :)