PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts please...

boatsnblondes
10-24-2007, 06:41 AM
On whether an unlocked Iphone is a good thing....we use sprint, and the phone, unlocked would keep me from having to change carriers right now...I just reupped with them a few months ago...but Chris wants one from Santa..any help??

MBlaster
10-24-2007, 06:49 AM
You will spend too much to get a unlocked iphone. I understand its impossible to get updates and support on unlocked iphones. Better to just get one from ATT for 399. Anyone else?

Tom Brown
10-24-2007, 06:51 AM
If it would make your son happy, what's the issue?

Tom Brown
10-24-2007, 06:52 AM
You will spend too much to get a unlocked iphone.
You can unlock the iPhone for free with a simple software utility.
AnySIM (http://www.iphonestalk.com/anysim-v1-1-free-gui-based-sim-unlock-tool-for-virgin-iphone-os-v1-1-1-released/)

MBlaster
10-24-2007, 06:54 AM
You can unlock the iPhone for free with a simple software utility.
AnySIM (http://www.iphonestalk.com/anysim-v1-1-free-gui-based-sim-unlock-tool-for-virgin-iphone-os-v1-1-1-released/)
Sure, but you still have to get one.

Tom Brown
10-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Are you saying the iPhone is too expensive?
Do you own a boat?

It's all Good
10-24-2007, 09:37 AM
On whether an unlocked Iphone is a good thing....we use sprint, and the phone, unlocked would keep me from having to change carriers right now...I just reupped with them a few months ago...but Chris wants one from Santa..any help??
It won't work on Sprint. Different technologies. Sprint is CDMA, iPhone is GSM.

thatguy
10-24-2007, 09:43 AM
It won't work on Sprint. Different technologies. Sprint is CDMA, iPhone is GSM.
Exactly. Don't get it B&B. Contrary to popular belief and sales pitches, unlocked phones only work with GSM. And then, account specific features (downloads, ringtones, updates) USUALLY will not work.
Tommy

maxwedge
10-24-2007, 10:06 AM
On whether an unlocked Iphone is a good thing.....but Chris wants one from Santa..any help??
Just explain that Santa is not real. Problem Solved.:D

ThongMagnet
10-24-2007, 10:14 AM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Say its not true

boatsnblondes
10-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Tried that, she started crying, so I told her I was just kidding Santa is real....sigh..

uLtRADeNniS
10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Cingular has a program where they will buy out your existing contract with your current service provider. My buddy owns a Cingular Store in Arcadia I can send you his way if you would like to go that route.

boatsnblondes
10-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I gotta make a move here somewhere, pretty soon.....Sprint constantly drops calls up here..and AT&T has out home service...would be nice to bring the house and cell bills into one...we'll see..thanks for the tip on the Sprint thing..I might have made a big mistake....appreciate the heads up...:D