PDA

View Full Version : Is this for show or for go?

probablecause
10-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Sure looks pretty but would it work well together?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/BlowerTurbo.jpg

ck7684
10-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I'd say for show, but will it go???:)

Morg
10-24-2007, 07:25 PM
OK I'll start the list.
Single 850 Holley, twin turbo, quad rotor, nitros injected SBC.
It's got nothing on Shiver Shot.........

LandSpeedRacer
10-25-2007, 04:30 AM
Thanks Morg! :D :)
Looks pretty bling bling, I'd be afraid to fire it and get it dirty . . . . or drive it and suck a rock from a tire down the dominator stacks . . . .
Hey, is that that Pontiac J2000 that was on the car show circuit years ago?:idea: :confused:

DEL51
10-26-2007, 03:39 AM
yes, and I think it might put out 500 hp,

maxwedge
10-26-2007, 07:24 AM
That looks like just about the easiest, and cheapest way to make power. It's a wonder you don't see everybody doing that.

Unchained
10-26-2007, 08:39 AM
All that complexity and he still hooked it to ........ a carburetor ?
The only possible purpose of running turbos or blowers in a series like that is to make real high boost. Any single turbo has the capability of making 40# of boost at the flow that it was designed to do.
If someone wanted to make 60+ # then that setup might apply.
Of course nothing but a serious aftermarket block or a diesel could take that.
Other than that........show and Rube Goldberg only.
It looks like it's on a SBC. One single turbo would have been a great setup that could make over 1000 hp.

LandSpeedRacer
10-26-2007, 09:16 AM
It looks like air and fuel through the turbos and unless there is an intercooler buried in there somewhere, hot air and fuel are going through the blowers. Seems like it would run lean, especially with the assistance of nitrous . . .
As I recall, if this is the Pontiac J2000 that was built in the 1980's, there was some articles in Hot Rod Mag and Revell I think it was built a 1/25 scale model of it. At the time, it was way ahead of it's time and ran without the benefit of computers.
Wonder if it still exists or was parted out at swap meets:idea: like so many other projects that faded away.

Blown 472
10-26-2007, 01:05 PM
It looks like air and fuel through the turbos and unless there is an intercooler buried in there somewhere, hot air and fuel are going through the blowers. Seems like it would run lean, especially with the assistance of nitrous . . .
As I recall, if this is the Pontiac J2000 that was built in the 1980's, there was some articles in Hot Rod Mag and Revell I think it was built a 1/25 scale model of it. At the time, it was way ahead of it's time and ran without the benefit of computers.
Wonder if it still exists or was parted out at swap meets:idea: like so many other projects that faded away.
I have to ask as I know nothing about it, what is all going on with your boat?

HONDOG
10-27-2007, 08:15 AM
All that complexity and he still hooked it to ........ a carburetor ?
The only possible purpose of running turbos or blowers in a series like that is to make real high boost. Any single turbo has the capability of making 40# of boost at the flow that it was designed to do.
If someone wanted to make 60+ # then that setup might apply.
Of course nothing but a serious aftermarket block or a diesel could take that.
Other than that........show and Rube Goldberg only.
It looks like it's on a SBC. One single turbo would have been a great setup that could make over 1000 hp.
Unchained you are showing your age Brother. 75% of these people have no idea who the hell Rube Goldberg is! LOL:D
Bob

Unchained
10-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Unchained you are showing your age Brother. 75% of these people have no idea who the hell Rube Goldberg is! LOL:D
Bob
LMAO.........I figured only the old farts would have a clue about that.
Now the 75% are going to have to search the internet to find out.........:D

LandSpeedRacer
10-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Wasn't Goldberg a WCW wrestler :idea: :rolleyes: :D

Unchained
10-27-2007, 02:10 PM
From Wikipedia,
A Rube Goldberg machine is an exceedingly complex apparatus that performs a very simple task in a very indirect and convoluted way.
http://www.rube-goldberg.com/images/gallery/RG_10.gif

LUVNLIFE
10-28-2007, 08:12 AM
Iremember that car from Car Craft magazine. The guys name was Rick Dobbertain. I would say more show and more for the bling and engineering effect.:)