View Full Version : Dianne Feinstein--lol

sea2lake
10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
clock Oct 24, 2007 10:44 am US/Pacific
Feinstein Wants To Stop Building In CA Fire Areas
Slideshow: Wildfires Consume Southern California
Map Of Fires
SoCal Firestorm: Complete Video Coverage
(AP) WASHINGTON California Senator Dianne Feinstein says local officials should start using zoning laws to keep residents from living in fire-prone areas.
Feinstein, who used to be a county supervisor and mayor in San Francisco, says the zoning authority that local governments have could limit catastrophic fires by keeping subdivisions out of dry areas prone to Santa Ana winds.
She also suggested California should establish a fire authority to help underwrite insurance in fire-prone areas -- similar to what the state does for earthquake-prone areas.
Feinstein made the comments in a speech on the Senate floor Wednesday.
That a good idea.....NOT

caroftheweek
10-24-2007, 12:25 PM
clock Oct 24, 2007 10:44 am US/Pacific
Feinstein Wants To Stop Building In CA Fire Areas
Slideshow: Wildfires Consume Southern California
Map Of Fires
SoCal Firestorm: Complete Video Coverage
(AP) WASHINGTON California Senator Dianne Feinstein says local officials should start using zoning laws to keep residents from living in fire-prone areas.
Feinstein, who used to be a county supervisor and mayor in San Francisco, says the zoning authority that local governments have could limit catastrophic fires by keeping subdivisions out of dry areas prone to Santa Ana winds.
She also suggested California should establish a fire authority to help underwrite insurance in fire-prone areas -- similar to what the state does for earthquake-prone areas.
Feinstein made the comments in a speech on the Senate floor Wednesday.
That a good idea.....NOT
so basically no one can live in Southern CA? the whole area gets Santa Ana's and is dry.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-24-2007, 12:26 PM
so basically no one can live in Southern CA? the whole area gets Santa Ana's and is dry.
Exactly...

Strippoker
10-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Feinstein, who used to be a county supervisor and mayor in San Francisco,
Ahh so there is the root of this she is use to things sucking not blowing.

jenstar23
10-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Its always good to see government inaction--I mean in action:D
Lol her solution is totally feasible.
I heard one viable solution yesterday--require all the houses in the more at-risk areas to be built of materials that don't ignite when burning embers hit them...flame-resistant of some sort.

RitcheyRch
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Heard this nut bags reasoning on my way to work this morning. I wish could have reached through the radio and smacked her.

Jerrys59
10-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Harry Reed says its all George Bush's falt! :(

Miss Perfect
10-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Let's not build where there are earthquakes either, or hurricanes, or floods, or tornados or blizzards, or volcanoes, or draughts. It looks like we are all going to have to take the space shuttle and live on the moon.

Havasu_Dreamin
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
It looks like we are all going to have to take the space shuttle and live on the moon.
SWEET! Job security...sort of...

Tremor Therapy
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
It used to be funny..everytime she opened her mouth something even more ridiculous would be said. But I believe she has finally reached the early stages of dimentia, and needs to be put out to pasture!
But to my horror, come the next election, many of the knuckleheads in this state will not have learned a thing, and they will vote for her again. :mad:

LaveyJet
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
I think legislation limiting the wind being spewed out by the two women representing California would be more beneficial.

Tremor Therapy
10-24-2007, 01:11 PM
A-f*cking-men!

welk2party
10-24-2007, 01:23 PM
By her reasoning then, no one should be able to live anywhere that is exposed to nature. I wonder what bubble she lives in?

roostwear
10-24-2007, 01:34 PM
What would she do about a city BELOW SEA LEVEL?

socalmofo
10-24-2007, 01:43 PM
If that's the case let's all pack our bags and move out of California, she is out of a job......maybe that is a good idea!

Devilman
10-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Let's not build where there are earthquakes either, or hurricanes, or floods, or tornados or blizzards, or volcanoes, or draughts. It looks like we are all going to have to take the space shuttle and live on the moon.
Hell, you would be right at home then, with that whole Star Wars thing you got going on..... LOL :D

H20 Toie
10-24-2007, 02:05 PM
What an idiot

caroftheweek
10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
If that's the case let's all pack our bags and move out of California, she is out of a job......maybe that is a good idea!
Thats what we did:D

thatguy
10-24-2007, 02:17 PM
I agree she has brain damage, but when I saw that report a while ago on Fox, it did not come across as absurd.
The areas that were being pointed out were not hugely populated.
They were speaking of and showing almost inaccessible houses sitting in and above small ravines and canyons.
Areas that historically burn on a 25-30 year cycle. With no means of fighting it with out great risk.
With the specific examples that they showed, it does seem to make at least some sense. Hate to say it.
Tommy

C-2
10-24-2007, 02:28 PM
It's time the Senate pulls out the tribal drums on her azz :mad: :mad: :mad:

YeLLowBoaT
10-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Her reasoning and applcation is wrong, but the idea is right... some of those house should have never been built. Same with some of the house the slide down the hills... they should have never been built.

USCFAN
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Why the hell does anyone listen to her? The more she says the more it confirms her stupidity...

sea2lake
10-25-2007, 07:26 AM
I wonder where she lives, any body know...

hkunz
10-25-2007, 07:52 AM
I wonder where she lives, any body know...
In a mansion in VERY nice part of SF. Her husband is very wealthy, made more so by the first bit of legislation she introduced after her election in '94.