PDA

View Full Version : Tampa FL help....

NashvilleBound
10-24-2007, 05:39 PM
anyone been? We are leaving from a port there and wanted to spend a few days there beforehand playing....ideas???? Kid friendly :D :D

thatguy
10-24-2007, 05:42 PM
anyone been? We are leaving from a port there and wanted to spend a few days there beforehand playing....ideas???? Kid friendly :D :D
Well, disneyworld comes to mind. Orlando is right down the road. Like under 100 miles I think.
Tommy

NashvilleBound
10-24-2007, 05:46 PM
I appreciate that....but the kids are 16 and 14. Thinking something like Magic Mtnish...... Tho I guess Disneyworld might have rides like that. Helicoptor tours? Any local cities worth drivng to? I've never been that far south......

Jbb
10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Busch Gardens....!

Dribble
10-24-2007, 06:03 PM
I appreciate that....but the kids are 16 and 14. Thinking something like Magic Mtnish...... Tho I guess Disneyworld might have rides like that. Helicoptor tours? Any local cities worth drivng to? I've never been that far south......
Downtown Disney isn't just for young kids. Lots to do for people of all ages.

thatguy
10-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Downtown Disney isn't just for young kids. Lots to do for people of all ages.
Yep, I have more fun now in my 40's because I have money to blow there!
Busch Gardens is also a must. The Bengal tigers are just amazing. Do they still have the African Plains train tour there?
Tommy

voodoomedman
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
My bro-in law is from Orlando. I'll see if I can find out any info for you.

Cheap Thrills
10-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Busch Gardens....!
Ditto ! Busch Gardens is awesome.
Disney ~ Epcot Maybe take in a few gator farms on the way. :D
Although quite a way from Tampa, If you're in the neighborhood of St. Augustine ( The Nation's Oldest City) check out the Castillo De San Marcos (http://www.nps.gov/casa/) an awesome step back in time & well worth the trip if you're into history.
More of the Castille (http://www.nps.gov/archive/casa/home/gallery7.htm)
Have Fun
T.

voodoomedman
10-25-2007, 02:08 PM
Okay this is what I found out. If you want to go do some 21 and over partying and leave the kids for a night then go to Ebor (sp) City as it is a party town.
Family friendly stuff you can do Busch Gardens as already mentioned or go to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Islands is further but has just recently opened up so you would get newer more thrilling coasters there. Of course you are right on the bay so doing the boat tours or fishing or stuff like that is an option but I'm sure you knew that.

Mr. Crusader 83
10-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Busch Gardens is cool. Right by where all the ships leave is a cool area with a Hooters and the hockey rink is down there also. Or head to downtown, Ebor City is nice, little shops, and great sushi. Coyote Ugly is down there also. I used to live in downtown Tampa. Leave the kids at home and head to Ebor City. Above the comedy club is that sushi plave, go in there and ask for Chris. He make a some kick ass rolls. Try the love roll.
Or you could always head over to st pete.

Mr. Crusader 83
10-25-2007, 02:46 PM
If you go like your heading towards the airport, there is a great seafood rest. on the water, kind of like being in the bahamas, I believe its called Tommy Bahamas. Great food.
If you go to st. pete, head south and take the causeways that are like 200ft over the sea.

superdave013
10-25-2007, 02:50 PM
St. Pete is a really cool city and it's just over the bridge. Also the is the nicest beach I've ever been to in that area. Fort something or another.

Boozer
10-25-2007, 02:50 PM
The best places in Tampa aren't in Tampa. The city of Tampa itself is kind of a sh*t hole. However right down the road is Clearwater which a gorgeous place and home to the original hooters. Ebor city or however you spell it is also a fun place. I spent a week in Tampa a couple years back and it's not on my list of places I'd like to visit again.

NashvilleBound
10-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks!!! All those are great ideas! I appreciate all teh help. Im making a list for everyone to see. Were not leaving till March 23rd anyways.....

Froggystyle
10-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Tampa is, without a doubt, my favorite city in the Continental US. At least the Tampa area. Great peeps, great beaches, AMAZING houses on the intercontinental etc...
I have great freinds that live there now, and love St. Peterspurg, Pas a Grille, Clearwater, Tampa, etc... The place is amazing for boating.
For you guys... Shepherds Beach Bar down in Clearwater... obviously, no kids but probably the best party I have ever attended day in and day out during the summer.
Ybor city is absolutely slammin 7 days a week. There is always something going on. My favorite clubs are Amphitheatre and 1509. Something for everyone there though. If you liked that Breakbeat techno I played at your house... that is where it was essentially born. Look for Tony Faline as the resident of 1509 and the party will explode.
I would stay at the Wyndham Harbor Island if I were you. I stayed there for a month and had a blast. Or, on one of the beach hotels if that is your scene down in Clearwater. There was a club there called "????? Blue" Can't remember the name but it blew up every weekend as well. If you stay in Clearwater there will be something for the kids to do, even if it is stroll around and stay out of trouble.
Whiskey Pete's was great too, on the breakwater between Tampa and Clearwater.
I had a blast down there. Total blast.
If you want some hookups, drop me a line. I know a LOT of club owners, bar owners and musicians in the area still that will roll out the red carpet for you.
If it wasn't for Audrey hating frizzy hair, I would definitely be living there right now. I love the place.
Wes

VAMI
10-25-2007, 05:51 PM
Tampa is a kinda dirty and from the port you can take the trolley to ybor.But not much happens at day time.Busch gardens is good the beaches in st pete,clearwater and in march it will be full spring breakers,lucky you.Orlando has the most entertanment.2 hours from tampa.your kids will like universal and islands of adventure better than magic kingdom too kiddy.I live 1 hour from tampa and 3 from orlando

RiverOtter
10-26-2007, 03:17 AM
Universal Studios..... when your tired of fairy tales and pixie dust :D
Universal Studios is a more teen and adult oriented theme park.
Universal Orlando (http://www.universalorlando.com/)

CARLSON-JET
10-26-2007, 04:42 AM
Universal kicks the crap out of Busch gardens... look up the 10 most wicked coasters in the nation. Busch Gardens is not listed. Although Bush does have the most rickety wooden coaster that literally scares the crap out of you. We're talking coal-carts from hell. :devil:

Baja Big Dog
10-26-2007, 07:55 AM
Id make a stop by some of the rest areas, have HEARD of some good looking hookers hanging out around them, (from a buddy of course):eek:

SB
10-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Tampa is a kinda dirty and from the port you can take the trolley to ybor.But not much happens at day time.Busch gardens is good the beaches in st pete,clearwater and in march it will be full spring breakers,lucky you.Orlando has the most entertanment.2 hours from tampa.your kids will like universal and islands of adventure better than magic kingdom too kiddy.I live 1 hour from tampa and 3 from orlando
I think it's pretty well covered. The city of Tampa is nothing special, party in Ybor city, Busch Gardens has rides, animals, and water park. Clearwater has beaches, charter fishing, jet skis, sailing. 80 miles to Universal and Orlando water parks, go to downtown Disney at nite for Le Circque or to Universal citywalk for Emeril's.
You are going near the end of spring break, everything will be crowded, but it will be warm enough for water sports. You might catch a spring training game, or the gamut of pro sports.

Nord
10-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Ebore city, Busch Gardens, 1/4 day cattle boat and catch some fish, Winghouse ;) ......................

Froggystyle
10-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Ditch the kids... go to Mon's Venus. You won't regret it. :D
And it is "Ybor City" guys.... with a "Y"...
:D

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Ditch the kids... go to Mon's Venus. You won't regret it. :D
And it is "Ybor City" guys.... with a "Y"...
Hey at least I put a (sp)
And just a thought for Nashvillebound......... Fly me and the family out for a free vacation and we'd be glad to take your kids to all the family friendly stuff while you go do the adult stuff in Ybor City. :D

NashvilleBound
10-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey at least I put a (sp)
And just a thought for Nashvillebound......... Fly me and the family out for a free vacation and we'd be glad to take your kids to all the family friendly stuff while you go do the adult stuff in Ybor City. :D
I might just have a spare room on the ship.....not that you would want to go on a free cruise or anything...... :D :D :D :D
All these ideas and suggetions have been extremely helpfull. We were going to fly in a week ahead to check things out but it sounds like two days is plenty in Tampa.

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 02:30 PM
I might just have a spare room on the ship.....not that you would want to go on a free cruise or anything...... :D :D :D :D
It would certainly help me in deciding just how far away from your house I'll need to build mine. :D

NashvilleBound
10-26-2007, 02:50 PM
It would certainly help me in deciding just how far away from your house I'll need to build mine. :D
LMAO. Why do you think I keep moving??? Besides, do you really want to live next to me and my family???
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42012&stc=1&d=1193439239 .........and yes, that was us last year.
Another question..... The ships leave from Channelside dr. There is a Marriot there...looks nice.... and hotel suggestions????

Froggystyle
10-26-2007, 02:52 PM
LMAO. Why do you think I keep moving???
Another question..... Teh ships leave from Channelside dr. There is a Marriot there...looks nice.... and hotel suggestions????
Like I said... Wyndham Harbor Island. I think it is Harborside, but very, very close to Channelside.

NashvilleBound
10-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Like I said... Wyndham Harbor Island. I think it is Harborside, but very, very close to Channelside.
Hey, your phone will be ringing as soon as I get this dialed in...... dont you worry :eek: :eek: :D

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 02:58 PM
LMAO. Why do you think I keep moving??? Besides, do you really want to live next to me and my family???
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42012&stc=1&d=1193439239 .........and yes, that was us last year.
Another question..... The ships leave from Channelside dr. There is a Marriot there...looks nice.... and hotel suggestions????
Nothing like having a little fun with the camera. I'll bet I can take the same picture but put in buck teeth and carry my shotgun.
And hell yes if living next to you gets me the hell outta SoCal then hello neighbor.
Well we'll see next summer anyway. I'm really digging on Lascassas right now.

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 03:00 PM
And I'm showing the picture to the family. Not to poke fun at you but because that looks like some nice weather for December 15th. We were freezing our nuts off here at that time last year.

NashvilleBound
10-26-2007, 03:07 PM
And I'm showing the picture to the family. Not to poke fun at you but because that looks like some nice weather for December 15th. We were freezing our nuts off here at that time last year.
That was taken in Lascasses.... actually that land might be available soon.. 22 acres, great home... around $475k something.

voodoomedman
10-26-2007, 03:12 PM
That was taken in Lascasses.... actually that land might be available soon.. 22 acres, great home... around $475k something.
Is that your brother in law's place you were telling me about? Making it very hard not to go now. I hope it's everything we are thinking it's going to be. If it is then Stacy will be set. First it was just my wife's family but now I've got my oldest brother and his wife talked into it and that almost pretty much means my folks will go. And hopefully that will get the middle brother to go. Right now though I've got a count of 5 properties for her to sell us. And if they even think of using another agent I'll show them a picture of you. :D

Froggystyle
10-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Is that your brother in law's place you were telling me about? Making it very hard not to go now. I hope it's everything we are thinking it's going to be. If it is then Stacy will be set. First it was just my wife's family but now I've got my oldest brother and his wife talked into it and that almost pretty much means my folks will go. And hopefully that will get the middle brother to go. Right now though I've got a count of 5 properties for her to sell us. And if they even think of using another agent I'll show them a picture of you. :D
Don't go... you'll move.
I visited a couple of weeks ago with some serious stereotypes in my head and expectations of the south encouraged by previous visits to Meridian, Stennis, New Orleans, Tampa, Atlanta, Ft. Smith, Fayetteville and being stationed in Virginia.... Wrong!!!!!
Didn't see one car on blocks, everywhere we drove (and we drove through the middle of nowhere) sights were beautiful, roads were awesome and the land was amazing.
I would get arrested for life within three weeks of arrival if I had Jeff's car... I admire his restraint in fact. That place wants to be driven fast...
If it wasn't for the lack of a tech sector to cherry-pick from... I would strongly consider moving the company there. Lakes were amazing... no two ways about it.
I would have the only non-brick house though I think... Just can't get behind it myself, and it looks like buiding code dictates the heavy use of brick... :D

NashvilleBound
10-26-2007, 03:19 PM
LOL...its VERY nice. You will love it... I wish I lived out there. But after living in Valley Center for 15 years Stacy wanted to be close to things...
Its all good.... you know we will help any we can.

voodoomedman
10-27-2007, 06:55 AM
Don't go... you'll move.
I visited a couple of weeks ago with some serious stereotypes in my head and expectations of the south encouraged by previous visits to Meridian, Stennis, New Orleans, Tampa, Atlanta, Ft. Smith, Fayetteville and being stationed in Virginia.... Wrong!!!!!
Didn't see one car on blocks, everywhere we drove (and we drove through the middle of nowhere) sights were beautiful, roads were awesome and the land was amazing.
I would get arrested for life within three weeks of arrival if I had Jeff's car... I admire his restraint in fact. That place wants to be driven fast...
If it wasn't for the lack of a tech sector to cherry-pick from... I would strongly consider moving the company there. Lakes were amazing... no two ways about it.
I would have the only non-brick house though I think... Just can't get behind it myself, and it looks like buiding code dictates the heavy use of brick... :D
I don't doubt that I'll love it one bit. I'm tired of the rat race, smog, laws, pressing 1 for english etc. We have friends in the eastern part of South Carolina and it is beautiful. Nashville though seems better weather wise, and job wise and well it's just Nashville for Pete's sake.
LOL...its VERY nice. You will love it... I wish I lived out there. But after living in Valley Center for 15 years Stacy wanted to be close to things...
Its all good.... you know we will help any we can.
I hear you. But living close to everything means living close to everybody. Plus the county land has less taxes out there. I'm ready for a complete change of pace. I want to be able to ride atv's right out of my garage, walk to a creek to go fishing and if I really wanted maybe even shoot weapons on my own property or nearby. I don't want a one horse town as that's too much of a change but Lascassas is only what like 15 minutes from you? If I need milk I'm sure there's a country store nearby and everything else is only 15 minutes away. Hell with traffic and stuff everything is like that here. The only convenience that I really like is having the grocery stores very close.

NashvilleBound
10-27-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't doubt that I'll love it one bit. I'm tired of the rat race, smog, laws, pressing 1 for english etc. We have friends in the eastern part of South Carolina and it is beautiful. Nashville though seems better weather wise, and job wise and well it's just Nashville for Pete's sake.
I hear you. But living close to everything means living close to everybody. Plus the county land has less taxes out there. I'm ready for a complete change of pace. I want to be able to ride atv's right out of my garage, walk to a creek to go fishing and if I really wanted maybe even shoot weapons on my own property or nearby. I don't want a one horse town as that's too much of a change but Lascassas is only what like 15 minutes from you? If I need milk I'm sure there's a country store nearby and everything else is only 15 minutes away. Hell with traffic and stuff everything is like that here. The only convenience that I really like is having the grocery stores very close.
Lascasses is only 10 minutes to my house from my brother in law. 10 minutes to the newest Kroger and they are building a brand new Publix that will be 10 minutes too....maybe less. If youve ever shopped at a new Publix you will understand its amazing. Country stores every 5 minutes..... mom and pop type. We'll be in our new place by the time you guys come out. Its another 5 minutes away..... but its better than where we were in a subdivision....now Im on 2.5 acres...

BajaMike
10-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Shepard's Beach Resort in Clearwater is a great waterfront place where all the boaters go during the boating season, not sure how it is now.
http://www.shephards.com/
Also, there are a bunch of fun beach front bars (with roof-top deck bars/Tiki bars) in St. Pete Beach.
It you're into modern art....the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Pete is amazing......:idea:
http://salvadordalimuseum.org/store/files/t_2753.jpg
http://www.salvadordalimuseum.org/home.html
I love the Tampa Bay area!

BajaMike
10-27-2007, 02:18 PM
LMAO.
The Renaissance-Vinoy Resort.......In St. Pete....
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tpasr-renaissance-vinoy-resort-and-golf-club/
And the Don CeSar in St. Pete Beach.....
http://www.loewshotels.com/Content/en/Hotels/Don-CeSar-Beach-Resort/Banners/inf.jpg
http://www.visitflorida.com/images/cms/1104243562.1_lowres_lg.jpg
They are the nicest, but probably expensive.....