PDA

View Full Version : New 30' Skater

INSman
10-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Oh so tempting for $250k ........:idea:
Brand new, painted, not yet fully rigged, electric windscreens and throw on a pair on Merc 300xs and you are good to go .....;)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/30skate.jpg

OnlyMoney
10-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Brand new, painted, not yet fully rigged, electric windscreens and throw on a pair on Merc 300xs and you are good to go .....;)
Quit posting shit like this...my husband lurks on here!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
:D :D :D
Hi Blane.....it was nice to FINALLY meet you at the Turtle.

Jordy
10-25-2007, 08:27 AM
For some reason I don't see Chris as the whacker kind of guy. Although you have had the boat for a few months now, better start looking for something new. :D :D :D

OnlyMoney
10-25-2007, 08:33 AM
For some reason I don't see Chris as the whacker kind of guy. Although you have had the boat for a few months now, better start looking for something new. :D :D :D
You're probably right....on both parts. :D :D :D
I can say that we've been looking at a few boats recently. :rolleyes:

LESSON LEARNED
10-25-2007, 09:54 AM
I like this one for $209k and you can probably pick it up for a buck 85....
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/2007_skater_30_optimax_300xs-o19226-en.html

RiverDave
10-25-2007, 09:56 AM
got any more pics of the v-bottom in the background with the twin 2.5's?
RD

BoatFloating
10-25-2007, 01:08 PM
I like this one for $209k and you can probably pick it up for a buck 85....
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/2007_skater_30_optimax_300xs-o19226-en.html
That looks like a pack of Fruit Stripe Gum.....:D

INSman
10-25-2007, 06:17 PM
:D :D :D
Hi Blane.....it was nice to FINALLY meet you at the Turtle.
I am embarassed to say that my memory escapes me, especially when I am at The Turtle and I certainly hope that I was a perfect gentleman ?!? Please remind me to remember you next time you see me :( :D

OnlyMoney
10-25-2007, 06:23 PM
I am embarassed to say that my memory escapes me, especially when I am at The Turtle and I certainly hope that I was a perfect gentleman ?!? Please remind me to remember you next time you see me :( :D
Saturday at the Turtle...Dan (H20 Toie) introduced us. Um, now I can't remember what I was wearing. Oh! A bright pink dress cover up thingy. Anyway, we'll meet again. I'm really good at faces/names. :D

INSman
10-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Saturday at the Turtle...Dan (H20 Toie) introduced us. Um, now I can't remember what I was wearing. Oh! A bright pink dress cover up thingy. Anyway, we'll meet again. I'm really good at faces/names. :D
I am too, USUALLY !?! If you crack me over the head with a Mai Tai, I am sure my memory will return :D

Charley
10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
uhhh..... 250k for a 30' non canopied outboard boat with no outboards on it and you guys think DCB's are over priced?
http://images.andthevalleyshook.com/images/admin/Dumb_and_dumber.jpg

INSman
10-25-2007, 09:16 PM
uhhh..... 250k for a 30' non canopied outboard boat with no outboards on it and you guys think DCB's are over priced?
The $250k included the motors, not a bad deal ...... Canopies are so "yesterday" :eek: :D

Patyacht
10-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Amen...... and only 102 on the Delta.....:D :eek:

Jordy
10-25-2007, 10:05 PM
For a racing lake boat, yes. :)

TOBTEK
10-25-2007, 10:12 PM
great looking Skater, BUT Damn a quarter of a million dollars for a wacker boat that will do what 110, and very little wind protection. Everyone knows I'm the latest to fall off the DCB band wagon.... BUT id be buying the used F29 with twin HO's that Andy has the line on, and SAVE THE 130,000.00. Maybe even send it to Toad and still save a cool 100K. OR keep the basic graphics it has and off the HO's and R&R with a couple mello GT motors and still be in it 100K less. :idea:
OR get that quad rotor motor for 33K, Call Tony @ Eliminator and give him a few dollars and get one of the first new 29 ft flat deck with wrap around screen with a six drive and STILL save a truck load of $$$.
Just too much money for that Skater for what it is IMO.

Boatlesss
10-25-2007, 10:38 PM
There are pop up wind deflectors on the 30'.
They are suppose to be making it with a wrap around windscreen also.
209K for a 30, sorry 31' (30'8") Cat with paint on a trailer.
How much is a new 29' or 32' DCB?

TOBTEK
10-26-2007, 07:08 AM
There are pop up wind deflectors on the 30'.
They are suppose to be making it with a wrap around windscreen also.
209K for a 30, sorry 31' (30'8") Cat with paint on a trailer.
How much is a new 29' or 32' DCB?
Can't believe im defending them...BUT the last retail price on a new F29 was 189K, and I know you can get it for way less % then retail plus some options/bling.

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Can't believe im defending them...BUT the last retail price on a new F29 was 189K, and I know you can get it for way less % then retail plus some options/bling.
I would not compare that Skater to a 29'. Frankly, it's tough to even compare it to a 32'...unless it's bagged and carbon fiber.

shadow
10-26-2007, 07:17 AM
That looks like a pack of Fruit Stripe Gum.....:D
You could buy it unrigged and take it to Lakeland to have them install the
outboards.:idea: ;)

TOBTEK
10-26-2007, 07:26 AM
I would not compare that Skater to a 29'. Frankly, it's tough to even compare it to a 32'...unless it's bagged and carbon fiber.
I agree with you! one is designed for family boating on calm lakes, and the Skater is built as a race boat in any water condition. was just quoting the retail price.

Havasu Hangin'
10-26-2007, 07:32 AM
I agree with you! one is designed for family boating on calm lakes, and the Skater is built as a race boat in any water condition. was just quoting the retail price.
I was talking more about the build process and rough-water capability. Comparing a regular layup 29' to that 30' is like comparing a Chevy Malibu to a BMW M5. It may have the same amount of room, but it's apples to oranges (pardon the expression).

Boatlesss
10-26-2007, 08:16 AM
How is that equipped?
Every mag test says they are way more than that by more than double.
Also, it really needs to compare to the 32' DCB size wise as the 30' Skater is a boat everyone else would call a 31' boat. It is probably wider than the 32' DCB also.
I won't even touch the construction issues.

Tom Olson
10-26-2007, 03:58 PM
How is that equipped?
Every mag test says they are way more than that by more than double.
Also, it really needs to compare to the 32' DCB size wise as the 30' Skater is a boat everyone else would call a 31' boat. It is probably wider than the 32' DCB also.
The Skater is 9.4 wide The DCB 32 is 9.0,,,my buddy has a new 30 Skater coming in about 6 weeks,,if anybody would like to compare the 2 boats (32 DCB) and the 30 Skater,,they'll both be at my house SOON!

Charley
10-26-2007, 09:50 PM
I was talking more about the build process and rough-water capability. Comparing a regular layup 29' to that 30' is like comparing a Chevy Malibu to a BMW M5. It may have the same amount of room, but it's apples to oranges (pardon the expression).
You can buy a base V-Bagged F29 w/300x's on a trailer in the 170k range, obviously they are still apples to oranges boats each having it's own strengths over the other.... Boatless how can you insinuate there is a dramatic difference in construction between the two when you are without the actual info you need to make such a statement?

CHAD1
10-26-2007, 10:34 PM
how fast would the f29 be with 300x?

Charley
10-27-2007, 06:45 AM
a bagged version hasn't been done "yet" :D but speculation would say 102-105

INSman
10-27-2007, 07:09 AM
great looking Skater, BUT Damn a quarter of a million dollars for a wacker boat that will do what 110, and very little wind protection. Everyone knows I'm the latest to fall off the DCB band wagon.... BUT id be buying the used F29 with twin HO's that Andy has the line on, and SAVE THE 130,000.00. Maybe even send it to Toad and still save a cool 100K. OR keep the basic graphics it has and off the HO's and R&R with a couple mello GT motors and still be in it 100K less. :idea:
OR get that quad rotor motor for 33K, Call Tony @ Eliminator and give him a few dollars and get one of the first new 29 ft flat deck with wrap around screen with a six drive and STILL save a truck load of $$$.
Just too much money for that Skater for what it is IMO.
Wind protection as seen below, should work just fine .... ;)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/19226_2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/30skate1.jpg

TOBTEK
10-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Wind protection as seen below, should work just fine .... ;)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/19226_2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/30skate1.jpg
those....yeah right :rolleyes: :) :D those look like they should be on a $ 250K boat:( do your self a favor, and order yours with a full windscreen;)
still think you should buy the F29 for $119K, just as fast as this Skater...AND you will still have enough dough left over to buy the ever popular bandwagon tri-toon as well :)
OR.... has Kevins dad Jeff ever sold his F29 with OB's ? That was in the VERY low 100's last I saw. Not a bad deal. Now you can save apx 150K :)

Tom Olson
10-27-2007, 12:22 PM
the only way to get the wrap-around windshield from Skater on the 30 is when you also get the flat-deck option $$$$$ around 30k :)

Boatlesss
10-27-2007, 01:31 PM
You can buy a base V-Bagged F29 w/300x's on a trailer in the 170k range, obviously they are still apples to oranges boats each having it's own strengths over the other.... Boatless how can you insinuate there is a dramatic difference in construction between the two when you are without the actual info you need to make such a statement?
Charlie, are you insinuating that DCB builds their boats equally to Skater?
With Skater's build process, it takes 8 weeks in the mold. How long does DCB take to build a 29' or 32'? What materials does DCB use to build their boats?
Educate us.

Boatlesss
10-27-2007, 01:33 PM
a bagged version hasn't been done "yet" :D but speculation would say 102-105
That answers my question.

Boatlesss
10-27-2007, 01:43 PM
170K is not a bad price rigged on a trailer for the 29' DCB, but as the #'s tell that is a smaller boat.
30' Skater outboard, is (List) $105K, engines are 36k/pr. Trailer is $15K, rigging labor is $17K. so that makes $173K with no paint. Use the Smart Craft gauges, (free with engines) add some batteries, switches, tie bar and IMCO steering cylinder and bilge pumps to that total and you have the 30'8" X 9'4" Boat.

Tom Olson
10-27-2007, 08:31 PM
170K is not a bad price rigged on a trailer for the 29' DCB, but as the #'s tell that is a smaller boat.
30' Skater outboard, is (List) $105K, engines are 36k/pr. Trailer is $15K, rigging labor is $17K. so that makes $173K with no paint. Use the Smart Craft gauges, (free with engines) add some batteries, switches, tie bar and IMCO steering cylinder and bilge pumps to that total and you have the 30'8" X 9'4" Boat.
you need to re-read your Skater price list, Its like going to Ruth's Chris Steak House! All alacart! (sp)? $128,378.00 Base O.B. List $4420.00 for a full cover? List etc,etc,

WILDMAN
10-27-2007, 08:35 PM
The 300xs motors don't come with any guages, harnesses, oil tank, or anything else. You gotta buy it all separate.

WetWillie
10-27-2007, 08:46 PM
those....yeah right :rolleyes: :) :D those look like they should be on a $ 250K boat:( do your self a favor, and order yours with a full windscreen;)
Those are pretty damn ugly!!! They look like the plexy windshields Warlock used to run back in the 80s ..:jawdrop:

Charley
10-28-2007, 01:22 AM
Charlie, are you insinuating that DCB builds their boats equally to Skater?
equally what?? they are 2 different boats.... sometimes you east coast boys crack me up .... lets just say right now Skater has the best layup in the business.... does that make it the best boat?? oh hell no! that's like saying the best sports car in the world is the one with best suspension or the most horsepower...fact is a Corvette and a Porsche are both great sports cars but they are different in thier own rights.... one accellerates harder, one handles better, one costs quite a bit more than the other and each have their own loyal following....but..... both are great cars
I can say in at least one way I know the DCB is better, without any insinuation whatsoever I know those pep boys plexi glass wind deflectors are not better wind protection than DCB's canopies :D
However making this statement without firsthand knowledge of both mfrs process, schedule and materials well.... IS an insinuation
Skater makes a very nice boat and that 30'r looks great in those pictures. I was just stating that for a 30' or 31' twin OB non canopied boat, 250k seems a little pricey to me.
I was just patronizing you Skater guys....DCBS are just actually way way better and they are 100 times better than delaminators... oh and did I mention that Havasu Hangin is the gayest moderator on the planet?:D :D

Boatlesss
10-28-2007, 03:14 PM
I agree, $250K for that boat means someone is getting ass raped.
As I ran the #'s, the boat should not be that expensive with clamp ons.
Plexi glass canopies, or plexi glass flip ups, they are both old fashion.

Charley
10-28-2007, 03:36 PM
stay tuned a V bagged 29 with 350xs might be running around sometime next year ;) then well know

INSman
10-28-2007, 07:03 PM
stay tuned a V bagged 29 with 350xs might be running around sometime next year ;) then well know
Charley, just one question .......
Is this boat you speak of going to be fully capped, carbon fiber stiffened, resin infused, kevlar enforced, post cured epoxy laminate, vaccuum bagged and cored with Penskie Composite stringers and all that "hoo haa" ??!!??

Boatlesss
10-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Charley, just one question .......
Is this boat you speak of going to be fully capped, carbon fiber stiffened, resin infused, kevlar enforced, post cured epoxy laminate, vaccuum bagged and cored with Penskie Composite stringers and all that "hoo haa" ??!!??
Don't forget, is the boat going to be built as a potato chip or a normal everyday layup?

TOBTEK
10-29-2007, 06:24 AM
wow... didn't even Merc was doing 350's. That would be a nice set-up. BUT all that Gucci lay-up costs a small fortune! I think there was 24K in lay-up options on the F29 I bailed on.
QUESTION.... I have heard its faster and more cost effective to bag a hull. IF SO, why would a manufacture charge more for it???? I'm thinking greed and hype.

INSman
10-29-2007, 07:11 AM
wow... didn't even Merc was doing 350's. That would be a nice set-up. BUT all that Gucci lay-up costs a small fortune! I think there was 24K in lay-up options on the F29 I bailed on.
QUESTION.... I have heard its faster and more cost effective to bag a hull. IF SO, why would a manufacture charge more for it???? I'm thinking greed and hype.
AGREED ............................
I do like the DCB a lot, but that "options" list could choke a friggin' horse. I think you feel bad almost saying "no" to any of it just so you don't catch crap from the rest of the club. You can almost hear it now, "What, you bought a new DCB and didn't get the level 12 stereo with the shaped/cut pile logo carpet ?!?" :supp: :messedup: :messedup: :rolleyes:

Boatlesss
10-29-2007, 08:51 AM
There is a rumor that the 350xs will be at the Miami Boat Show, of course there was a rumor of a 400 hp Verado that never appeared, so?

Charley
10-29-2007, 09:43 AM
There is a rumor that the 350xs will be at the Miami Boat Show, of course there was a rumor of a 400 hp Verado that never appeared, so?
That's what I heard too :D

the_gray_goose
10-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Mine is standard layup with 300X motors.
Best it has ever run on gps is 104 in "perfect conditions".
It will run mid to high 90's any day.
nice thing is that it is very stable at any speed.
unlike the 28 skater that is so trim sensitive and is allways riding on the edge.
I don't know how the new 30 rides. I have herd that it is a lot more forgiving than the 28.

Boatlesss
10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
What size is your boat?
The 300X's are about 10 mph faster than the 300xs engines. They claim the 300xs is about the same power as the old 300 ProMax engines?

XFactor
10-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Seems like alot to me also. Especially when you can have a 07 F29 w/710's for about the same price. Oh yea, it's got all the DCB bells and whistles. ;)

tightithrash
10-29-2007, 04:21 PM
At least Skater RACES... ahem....RACESthe pants off there boats.;) let me see here.....DCB RACING:idea: .........hmm thats wierd:confused: ....i cant find DCB racing in any classes......:jawdrop: :D :D

INSman
10-29-2007, 04:44 PM
At least Skater RACES... ahem....RACESthe pants off there boats.;) let me see here.....DCB RACING:idea: .........hmm thats wierd:confused: ....i cant find DCB racing in any classes......:jawdrop: :D :D
You will hear nothing but "chirping crickets" in response to your entirely accurate statement regarding racing or lack thereof.
Bottom line is that there is a lot of competition in this market space and more coming with the good news being that the consumer has many choices and options when it comes to choosing what is right for their own personal needs. Skater, DCB, Eliminator, Spectre, Ultra, E-ticket and more either currently or will shortly be offering something for just about everyone. Buy what works best for your own needs and for Pete's sake, please drive safe and responsible. :D

WILDMAN
10-29-2007, 05:02 PM
What size is your boat?
The 300X's are about 10 mph faster than the 300xs engines. They claim the 300xs is about the same power as the old 300 ProMax engines?
I've set-up alot of 21 Liberators with the 300x. They all run 104. The 300XS motors all run 105-106 on the same boat.

Charley
10-29-2007, 07:14 PM
DCB=Nice Lake/Poker Runner
Skater=Championship Race Boat/Ultra Fast Poker Runner
any questions..........records & results don't lie.
Dear Sirs (Mr Shiada and Mr Warlock)
HAHA you two are funny.... you both nailed it on the head for me... Who the hell on these boards races offshore here?? You are all a bunch of Havasu Rats who double on the weekend as bench racers HAHAH you know just because Jeff Gordon runs a Monte Carlo doesn't mean the Monte carlo you can buy at the Dealership makes you a Race car driver hahahaha
That twin wacker 30' skater is not a Race boat and neither one of you fellas Race offshore..... and if you did it wouldn't be in that boat! I can't wait for the replies to flood in here.... this $hit is starting to remind me of the old dayz :D :D :D where's 3DO and bling??

Boatlesss
10-29-2007, 07:22 PM
I've set-up alot of 21 Liberators with the 300x. They all run 104. The 300XS motors all run 105-106 on the same boat.
On a 28' Skater, the 300X's will run 115 to 120+. The 300xs's will run 105-110

Charley
10-29-2007, 07:25 PM
On a 28' Skater, the 300X's will run 115 to 120+. The 300xs's will run 105-110
see that's proof that Skaters suck!:D :D :D

gearcase
10-29-2007, 08:43 PM
have you been in a skater with out boards ? at the speeds that this thread is talking about skater is on cruise control. with a good set up skater owners outboads are running some good ###s some other modified boats are running from what i hear 125+ with a 28

Boatlesss
10-29-2007, 08:53 PM
see that's proof that Skaters suck!:D :D :D
But at the same time, I've heard the 26 DCB runs 102-103 with the 300xs and 110 with the 300X.
So, who's fastest power per power?:idea:

Phat Matt
10-29-2007, 09:12 PM
So how did it become DCB "racing"?

WetWillie
10-29-2007, 09:21 PM
There is nothing Ultimate about Ultimate Warlock either.... :eek: Cut the lil man some slack..

Magic34
10-29-2007, 09:48 PM
There is nothing Ultimate about Ultimate Warlock either.... :eek: Cut the lil man some slack..
Rare WetWillie sighting... At the same time, what the hell am I doing in this section?

WetWillie
10-29-2007, 10:19 PM
They havent made a tug boat section up for you yet...:)
Rare WetWillie sighting... At the same time, what the hell am I doing in this section?

INSman
10-29-2007, 10:42 PM
They havent made a tug boat section up for you yet...:)
Hey, at least he has a boat and a rhino that runs !!! :eek: ;) :D

Charley
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
So how did it become DCB "racing"?
I guess about as relevant as "E Ticket":D :D :D

Charley
10-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Big mans got my back!:devil:

Charley
10-29-2007, 10:48 PM
But at the same time, I've heard the 26 DCB runs 102-103 with the 300xs and 110 with the 300X.
dude it has an "S" on the end... I dont care what the actual numbers are with an "S" it must be faster!

WetWillie
10-29-2007, 10:56 PM
I would rather have no boat then one thats broken down all the time.. Nice raylard..:D
Hey, at least he has a boat and a rhino that runs !!! :eek: ;) :D

INSman
10-30-2007, 07:29 AM
I would rather have no boat then one thats broken down all the time.. Nice raylard..:D
You know that in the world of high performance boating, anything can happen :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D
Next thing you are going to tell me is that you NEVER had a problem with that rocketship you used to own :idea: :D

the_gray_goose
10-30-2007, 07:33 AM
DCB=Nice Lake/Poker Runner
Skater=Championship Race Boat/Ultra Fast Poker Runner
any questions..........records & results don't lie.
I Totally agree.

the_gray_goose
10-30-2007, 07:45 AM
have you been in a skater with out boards ? at the speeds that this thread is talking about skater is on cruise control. with a good set up skater owners outboads are running some good ###s some other modified boats are running from what i hear 125+ with a 28
As a matter of fact I have. quite a few.
28 skater with 2.5's
28 skater with v8 evinrudes
28 skater with 250's
28 skater with 300x's
32 skater with 300x's
How many F29 DCB's with wackers have you been in to compair the two rides??

the_gray_goose
10-30-2007, 07:58 AM
No question the skater is faster power for power.
lets face it, the skater has no center pod,no bow cabin with weight from all the stuff down there, and generates more lift.
If I wanted to go racing I would have bought a doug wright or a skater.
Personally, I gave up the 10 mph for the comfort and exeptional rigging on the DCB.

Boatlesss
10-30-2007, 08:28 AM
No question the skater is fasterer power for power.
lets face it, the skater has no center pod,no bow cabin with weight from all the stuff down there, and generates more lift.
Personally, I gave up the 10 mph for the comfort and exeptional rigging on the DCB.
What's wrong with the rigging from Skater?
I heard they hired Tony from Eliminator:D

Charley
10-30-2007, 11:13 AM
No question the skater is faster power for power.
wow, I had no idea you have owned not only "A" skater but many... That's nice to have an opinion based on experience. I may be setting myself up for a fall here but how about the handling charactersitics? what are the ups and downs for each?

tightithrash
10-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Well at least Ultimate Warlock RACED.....
Can sombody justify the 450,000 price tag on a boat with no racing credibility... I mean at least on a skater you spend a lot of cash and know in the back of your head there is a ton of racing R&D....and maybe we don't race offshore but at least you know you CAN!

andy01
10-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Some interesting views in this thread......

Charley
10-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Well at least Ultimate Warlock RACED.....
Can sombody justify the 450,000 price tag on a boat with no racing credibility... I mean at least on a skater you spend a lot of cash and know in the back of your head there is a ton of racing R&D....and maybe we don't race offshore but at least you know you CAN!
Have you ever been in a skater or a DCB? Ill tell you what ride in both then give me your personal assessment and I will respect your opinion... To address your argument about quality engineering, manufacturing and the relationship of racing .... 3 of the 5 most expensive sports cars in the world dont require current involvement in racing to justify the price tags..... some people just see, smell and drive em to know they want one ;) ... I'm not saying all Rich people are smart but you would hope someone serious enough about spending 500k+ on a car would look at Ferarri, Saleen and Lambo before dropping 600k- 1.7 million on one of these ;) :D
Bugatti Veyron $1,700,000 (by the way the most expensive car in the world)
I'm not aware of bugatti racing since the late 40's...could be wrong
http://www.automotoportal.com/media/images/vijesti/060711010.jpg
Pagani Zonda C12 F $741,000
http://www.automotoportal.com/media/images/vijesti/060711010.11_mn.jpg
Koenigsegg CCX $600,910
http://www.automotoportal.com/media/images/vijesti/060711010.10_mn.jpg

the_gray_goose
10-30-2007, 04:22 PM
wow, I had no idea you have owned not only "A" skater but many... That's nice to have an opinion based on experience. I may be setting myself up for a fall here but how about the handling charactersitics? what are the ups and downs for each?
I didn't own the boats listed. just have driven them.
all of them were friends boats except for the 32 and the 28 with 300x's.
They were boats I was concidering buying and test drove.
Don't get me wrong in all this.
The 28 Skater is a rush to drive and a great boat. I would love to own one.
But my wife hated being in it. it scared her.
The DCB has great perfomance and never feels flighty like the 28 Skater.
I know the Skater is not going to blow over or spin out, but try to tell that
to other people in the boat that are not used to that feeling of driving a little closer to the performace edge.
I am into going boating with friends and enjoying a few high speed passes,
not going out racing anyone I can find with one other guy in the boat.
question:
what makes one boat faster than another with the same power?
answer:
less weight and more lift = less surface area in the water and more speed.

Charley
10-30-2007, 06:06 PM
I didn't own the boats listed. just have driven them.
all of them were friends boats except for the 32 and the 28 with 300x's.
They were boats I was concidering buying and test drove.
Don't get me wrong in all this.
The 28 Skater is a rush to drive and a great boat. I would love to own one.
But my wife hated being in it. it scared her.
The DCB has great perfomance and never feels flighty like the 28 Skater.
I know the Skater is not going to blow over or spin out, but try to tell that
to other people in the boat that are not used to that feeling of driving a little closer to the performace edge.
I am into going boating with friends and enjoying a few high speed passes,
not going out racing anyone I can find with one other guy in the boat.
question:
what makes one boat faster than another with the same power?
answer:
less weight and more lift = less surface area in the water and more speed.
good insights, thanks for sharing

INSman
10-30-2007, 06:18 PM
good insights, thanks for sharing
Agreed ....... Maybe th 30' feels less or not flighty at all like th 28' :idea:

Havasu Hangin'
10-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Have you ever been in a skater or a DCB? Ill tell you what ride in both then give me your personal assessment and I will respect your opinion... To address your argument about quality engineering, manufacturing and the relationship of racing .... 3 of the 5 most expensive sports cars in the world dont require current involvement in racing to justify the price tags..... some people just see, smell and drive em to know they want one ;) ... I'm not saying all Rich people are smart but you would hope someone serious enough about spending 500k+ on a car would look at Ferarri, Saleen and Lambo before dropping 600k- 1.7 million on one of these ;) :D
Bugatti Veyron $1,700,000 (by the way the most expensive car in the world)
I'm not aware of bugatti racing since the late 40's...could be wrong
http://www.automotoportal.com/media/images/vijesti/060711010.jpg
Pagani Zonda C12 F $741,000
http://www.automotoportal.com/media/images/vijesti/060711010.11_mn.jpg
Koenigsegg CCX $600,910
http://www.automotoportal.com/media/images/vijesti/060711010.10_mn.jpg
DCB=http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/big_pimpin.jpg

Phat Matt
10-30-2007, 07:50 PM
I guess about as relevant as "E Ticket":D :D :D
Makes more sense to me. :D
Since the 1950s, E Ticket (or E ticket ride) has referred to an unusually thrilling, interesting, most-interesting, or most-expensive situation. It derives from the tickets used at Disneyland and Walt Disney World theme parks until 1982. Park-goers bought tickets in different denominations, from A through E, with E tickets being the most expensive and reserved for the newest, most expensive or popular rides and attractions.

the_gray_goose
10-31-2007, 08:19 AM
:eek: oh mr. charley, have you seen any DCB's show up at the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout ?? at least an HTM gave it a whirl !!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :idea:
Yes, and as I remember it flipped didn't it?
link to the thread.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11053&highlight=loto+htm+crash

Phat Matt
10-31-2007, 08:22 AM
Yes, and as I remember it flipped didn't it?
link to the thread.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11053&highlight=loto+htm+crash
LOL. That is surprising. :D

Jordy
10-31-2007, 08:29 AM
Dcb's just don't have any race history to my knowledge, no biggie !!!
Scott
Scott, stop hatin!!! DCB's have all kinds of race history. Every weekend during the warm months they race from the launch ramps to the Channel in Havasu, park for the day, and then race from the Channel back to the trailer. :D :D :D

INSman
10-31-2007, 08:56 AM
Scott, stop hatin!!! DCB's have all kinds of race history. Every weekend during the warm months they race from the launch ramps to the Channel in Havasu, park for the day, and then race from the Channel back to the trailer. :D :D :D
Jordy, Jordy, Jordy..... Too damn funny man :)

Jordy
10-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Jordy, Jordy, Jordy..... Too damn funny man :)
Well, I was actually being quite serious. You know, the DCB crew has to race the weekly Magic deckboat regatta to get the good spots on the beach. :D :D :D

the_gray_goose
10-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, I was actually being quite serious. You know, the DCB crew has to race the weekly Magic deckboat regatta to get the good spots on the beach. :D :D :D
now that if funny sh***. good one jordy.

Charley
10-31-2007, 07:03 PM
DCB=http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/big_pimpin.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/38heart_20060510064315_14917.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/38heart_20060510064315_14917.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/38heart_20060510064315_14917.jpghttp://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/38heart_20060510064315_14917.jpg
Charley, baby, buddy, easy big guy !!!
for the most part we toss dirt clods in cats and tunnels... all good fun :D
Makes more sense to me.
Since the 1950s, E Ticket (or E ticket ride) has referred to an unusually thrilling, interesting, most-interesting, or most-expensive situation. It derives from the tickets used at Disneyland and Walt Disney World theme parks until 1982. Park-goers bought tickets in different denominations, from A through E, with E tickets being the most expensive and reserved for the newest, most expensive or popular rides and attractions.
496's = c ticket at best :eek :D
oh mr. charley, have you seen any DCB's show up at the Lake of the Ozarks Shootout ?? at least an HTM gave it a whirl !!!! :idea:
Ya I heard it was recorded at 180 ........................................... degrees
Scott, stop hatin!!! DCB's have all kinds of race history. Every weekend during the warm months they race from the launch ramps to the Channel in Havasu, park for the day, and then race from the Channel back to the trailer. :D
I guess this is why you and yer specturd are last to the sandbar and last back on the trailer:D

CornWater
10-31-2007, 09:17 PM
Charley, when did you become haughty?? Seems to be more and more prevalent...
:idea:

Jordy
10-31-2007, 09:33 PM
I guess this is why you and yer specturd are last to the sandbar and last back on the trailer:D
Seeing how I sold it in January, you can stop looking over your collective shoulders now. That and I have more fun at Pleasant than I ever did in Havi. :D :D :D
I'll give you an E-ticket for effort. :D :D :D

Magic34
10-31-2007, 10:21 PM
The entire page 3 of this site is exactly why I love this place. :D LMAO!!!!

INSman
11-01-2007, 04:51 AM
The entire page 3 of this site is exactly why I love this place. :D LMAO!!!!
No doubt, "Brand Loyalty" always brings out the best in people..... :D

OGShocker
11-01-2007, 05:05 AM
No, just overrated...
:D

DCBDaytona
11-01-2007, 06:38 AM
The 28' Skater with 300X's is pretty impressive...I saw one WHOOP up on a brand new F-32 in the chop 2 weeks ago in Havasu. Looked good.
I won't name the owner of the new 32', but rumor has it that it only had 525's...The Skater was running across the basin at 112mph and the F-32 couldn't come close to hangin'.

cam-shaft
11-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Hello, if you come to Destin stop by the pits, I run a DCB FX28 in P4. I am the Pacific Offshore points leader this year and I am going to see about winning the Worlds.
Found this on OSO for you guys looks like he races a DCB V.
Thanks, Cam-shaft

Kilrtoy
11-01-2007, 07:42 AM
The 28' Skater with 300X's is pretty impressive...I saw one WHOOP up on a brand new F-32 in the chop 2 weeks ago in Havasu. Looked good.
I won't name the owner of the new 32', but rumor has it that it only had 525's...The Skater was running across the basin at 112mph and the F-32 couldn't come close to hangin'.
Sounds like the deciding factor was the lack of engines...

DCBDaytona
11-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Sounds like the deciding factor was the lack of engines...
Exactly. 525's in a 32' boat isn't too impressive.

the_gray_goose
11-01-2007, 08:04 AM
These guys won the P4 class at the pittsburg POPRA race this year in an FX28.
http://www.knfilters.com/images/press/bradjohnson3.jpg

Phat Matt
11-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Ouch. :D

Bling Bling
11-01-2007, 06:41 PM
These guys won the P4 class at the pittsburg POPRA race this year in an FX28.
http://www.knfilters.com/images/press/bradjohnson3.jpg
I commend anyone that steps up and races offshore. Please don't take this bad, but was there any other real Vs in P4 that day????? And to sum this whole Skater-DCB thing this pretty much spells it out. Comparing POPRA to the real offshore racing associations is like comparing DCB to Skaters. There's no contest..........
Gay Goose I can't belive your talking shit about a 28 skater. If you would of gone for a ride with someone that actually knew how to drive a 28 Skater, I'm thinking you'd know how great they are. You have truly turned to the gay boating dark side. Again, the days of the green and purple 28 Cole, those were your glory days. :D :D

TUNNEL T
11-02-2007, 12:13 PM
dcb f-26 300 xs's 107.6 gps (and waiting for the 350 xs) that motor and the old x will be closer in hp #'s anyway!

hulshot
11-03-2007, 08:15 AM
I want to see a pic or lit on hte 29 flat deck Eliminator. Was mentioned very early in these posts.????:idea:

TOBTEK
11-03-2007, 08:44 AM
I want to see a pic or lit on hte 29 flat deck Eliminator. Was mentioned very early in these posts.????:idea:
Was invited to come up and ckeck out the new 28/29?? Daytona flat deck this week. They are still working on the top deck. I'll report back:) should I bring the spy camera;)

TOBTEK
11-03-2007, 08:46 AM
dcb f-26 300 xs's 107.6 gps (and waiting for the 350 xs) that motor and the old x will be closer in hp #'s anyway!
thinking about re-rigging with the 350's ? your set-up is great, leave it alone...save your money T.

INSman
11-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Was invited to come up and ckeck out the new 28/29?? Daytona flat deck this week. They are still working on the top deck. I'll report back:) should I bring the spy camera;)
Let me know if you are going and maybe I will join. Wed & Thurs out of the question though. Bring the camera if I can't join !! :D

Charley
11-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Charley, when did you become haughty?? Seems to be more and more prevalent...
:idea:
I was teasing Phat matt... my wife is the only "hotty" in the "G" family :D

Charley
11-04-2007, 06:08 PM
I commend anyone that steps up and races offshore. Please don't take this bad, but was there any other real Vs in P4 that day????? And to sum this whole Skater-DCB thing this pretty much spells it out. Comparing POPRA to the real offshore racing associations is like comparing DCB to Skaters. There's no contest..........
Gay Goose I can't belive your talking shit about a 28 skater. If you would of gone for a ride with someone that actually knew how to drive a 28 Skater, I'm thinking you'd know how great they are. You have truly turned to the gay boating dark side. Again, the days of the green and purple 28 Cole, those were your glory days. :D :D
Coming from a guy who doesn't even know how to own a performance boat anymore.... pffftt get outta cats and tunnels you homo

TUNNEL T
11-04-2007, 07:48 PM
thinking about re-rigging with the 350's ? your set-up is great, leave it alone...save your money T.
just a computer swap .there using the same block same fuel system probably oil also .my thinking is alittle more rpm and recurving the the fuel ! which is all done in the computer anyways . just my .02 TUNNEL T

Bling Bling
11-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Coming from a guy who doesn't even know how to own a performance boat anymore.... pffftt get outta cats and tunnels you homo
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/blinggilligan.jpg
And this coming from a guy who's inboard 1300hp 32 DCB is slower in speed then a outboard 32 Doug Wright. And as I wistle in length, man do you have a performance boat.

Charley
11-04-2007, 10:11 PM
And this coming from a guy who's inboard 1300hp 32 DCB is slower in speed then a outboard 32 Doug Wright. And as I wistle in length, man do you have a performance boat.
ahhhh
its only 1250 hp... I think I struck a nerve :jawdrop: sorry man

Dave C
11-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I thought they said it was the deck boat and not the Daytona? do you know which one it is? If you see it post up some pics...

hulshot
11-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Yes bring a camera. I want to see the ELIMINATOR flat deck.