PDA

View Full Version : ***beware****

mares98
10-25-2007, 11:42 AM
2 years ago, I purchased what I thought was a Callies crank shaft on "Racing Junk". When I was ready to assemble my combination the machine shop as well as others verified, including a reputable marine shop, that the crank was bogus (had a hairline fracture) and was not a Callies as the seller originally specified. After contacting the seller numerous times to make things right, he would just blow me off or continuously tell me that he had the crank checked out. Obviously he "Squeezing Spectra"/aka B had no intention on refunding the purchase. After about 2 months of the seller avoiding me I figured this rip off Bruce is a fraud and a waste of my time. I will deal with the loss, never to purchase a used crank again.
Then a few weeks ago, I was having a conversation with someone on the Spam boards, sharing the crank story and how I prefer new parts unless I am buying from somebody I know. He asked me a couple of questions, what the sellers name was and where the seller lived, etc. and......wala, positively identified him as Bruce, Squeezing Spectra. He also mentioned an acquaintence had a similar experience.
After recently private messaging Sqeezing Spectra, on several occassions giving him plenty of opportuntiy to redeem himself by refunding, he continued to be well......himself. So many of you, who may or may not have purchased parts through Squeezing Spectra-good or bad, Good luck. This was my first and last experience with him. :mad:

Johnwithjm
10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
That sucks Brian.

riverbound
10-25-2007, 11:57 AM
you know...everytime I invite the guy over he drinks all my booze and eats all my food.
F-him :mad:
:D :D :D

lilrick
10-25-2007, 12:41 PM
you know...everytime I invite the guy over he drinks all my booze and eats all my food.
F-him :mad:
:D :D :D
I got away with it again!!! I must have eaten 10#'s of food and had about 30 beers..........:D

IMPATIENT 1
10-25-2007, 12:43 PM
that'd piss me off too.

riverbound
10-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I got away with it again!!! I must have eaten 10#'s of food and had about 30 beers..........:D
:mad:
I think I drank a bottle of vodka and forgot to eat :idea:

pw_Tony
10-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I've seen several cranks break via ups... maybe that was the cause of the crack...
just sayin

old rigger
10-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah that sucks, but the irony is too much. You bought something off a site called 'Racing Junk'...and it turns out to be just that.

mares98
10-25-2007, 01:04 PM
I've seen several cranks break via ups... maybe that was the cause of the crack...
just sayin
I Picked up at his house.

riverbound
10-25-2007, 01:07 PM
I Picked up at his house.
Now you're lying. He lives in a van down by the river.:D

HM
10-25-2007, 01:17 PM
This has been going on for 2 years??? Let's hear the rest of the story!!!
It will be interesting to hear how long after you bought it that you brought it to Bruce's attention that it was "bad."
Here is a news flash for you....sometimes when you buy used stuff, it is no good - and it is nobody's fault. That is the risk. I doubt Bruce intentionally sold you a bad crank. He does way too much business on ***boat and other sites to pull that kind of crap. He sees the flamings people get.

mares98
10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
This has been going on for 2 years??? Let's hear the rest of the story!!!
It will be interesting to hear how long after you bought it that you brought it to Bruce's attention that it was "bad."
Here is a news flash for you....sometimes when you buy used stuff, it is no good - and it is nobody's fault. That is the risk. I doubt Bruce intentionally sold you a bad crank. He does way too much business on ***boat and other sites to pull that kind of crap. He sees the flamings people get.
Reguardless of how long it took me to get the rest of my combination together. He was informed within 6 months.So whats your point....Was it sold to you?

riverbound
10-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Reguardless of how long it took me to get the rest of my combination together. He was informed within 6 months.So whats your point....Was it sold to you?
I think his point is...alot can happen within 6 months. I can honestly say if you bought something from me and 6 months...hell even 2 months later came to me and said it was broke. I would tell you to pound sand. should had it checked right after taking delivery.

BrendellaJet
10-25-2007, 02:37 PM
6 months? Nobody in this business lets you keep something for 6 months before you use it and then report it as broken/cracked/whatever.

riverbound
10-25-2007, 02:43 PM
6 months? Nobody in this business lets you keep something for 6 months before you use it and then report it as broken/cracked/whatever.
really? ;) I mean you cant go and buy a USED crank. let it get tossed around your garage,shop, wherever for 6 monhs. and then come back and claim it was bad from the get go and expect you rmoney back??

Squeezing Spectra
10-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Well lets get it correct it has been almost 3 years since you bought it from me, it was never sold to you as a callies crank it was sold to you as a GM raw forging that was machined by callies, you did not contact me till 1 year after you bought it from me not 6 months later, it was still in cosmoline and the box from marine crankshaft where it was turned, i offered more than a few times to take it somewhere and have it magged which was already done by marine crankshaft, but you would not agree to this and told me it did not need to be done as you had profesional engine builders look at it but not mag it ?, now you apear again and say you lost my number and couldnt find me after i have not heard from you in the last 1 1/2 years ? am i that hard to find im still here, you should know where i am since you threatened me, my family and my property over the the phone, as i remember after that phone call i pretty much did tell you i could care less what you did with the crank at that point 1 1/2 years ago and that is still my feeling so there is my side of the story take it for what you will alot of you have done buisness with me.
Thanks B

riverbound
10-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Well lets get it correct it has been almost 3 years since you bought it from me, it was never sold to you as a callies crank it was sold to you as a GM raw forging that was machined by callies, you did not contact me till 1 year after you bought it from me not 6 months later, it was still in cosmoline and the box from marine crankshaft where it was turned, i offered more than a few times to take it somewhere and have it magged which was already done by marine crankshaft, but you would not agree to this and told me it did not need to be done as you had profesional engine builders look at it but not mag it ?, now you apear again and say you lost my number and couldnt find me after i have not heard from you in the last 1 1/2 years ? am i that hard to find im still here, you should know where i am since you threatened me, my family and my property over the the phone, as i remember after that phone call i pretty much did tell you i could care less what you did with the crank at that point 1 1/2 years ago and that is still my feeling so there is my side of the story take it for what you will alot of you have done buisness with me.
Thanks B
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
sounds pretty legit to me. I really like the threatening family part you POS

Squeezing Spectra
10-25-2007, 03:02 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
sounds pretty legit to me. I really like the threatening family part you POS
Yea but dont worry he wont remember or claim doing that :(

riverbound
10-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Yea but dont worry he wont remember or claim doing that :(
PM him my addy...tell him you moved and to come visit you ;)

HM
10-25-2007, 03:51 PM
What the fock do you mean by "regardless of how long it took you"? Are you focking kidding me? Holyshiat dude!!! Name 1 shop that would take that back if you bought it new let alone used????? I wouldn't take a crank back after it left my sight unless I delivered it to an engine builder I new and trusted.
Tell you what. Why don't you sell some of that stuff you are taking! That must be good shiat to put you into a fantasy world where you think people should take stuff back "regardless of how long it took you".
The nerve of some people's kids!!!
Click on this link to hear my reaction to you wanting to return something 6-12 months after you bought it. (http://wavcentral.com/sounds/movies/money_pit/mplaugh.mp3)

WishIknew
10-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Two sides to every story and it didnt take long to get your ass ripped apart did it????????:idea: MR 98 go else where and start your BS

HM
10-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Two sides to every story and it didnt take long to get your ass ripped apart did it????????:idea: MR 98
Don't even think about returning that whipple charger!!! :D

WishIknew
10-25-2007, 04:16 PM
:) Don't even think about returning that whipple charger!!! :D
:) :) :) NEVER NEVER would I try some BS like this especially to you MR HM:) :) :)

Outlaw
10-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Where was all the FREE food and Booze?
I went to Huntington Beach last May and didnt get any free food or booze.... but I did get a Nice 21 Daytona.

Placecraft Dragstar
10-25-2007, 04:39 PM
The tank of propane I bought at walmart 3 years ago is not full anymore, do you think I could get my money back??:idea:

bordsmnj
10-25-2007, 05:05 PM
wait a puckin minute here. let me get this straight. HM = Frank ,what was your screan name??
remind me never to do business with an idiot like this 98 caractor. the only time Bruce wronged me was when i was inocently peeing in a wash when he came by and roosted me with his quad. pay backs are a bitch,lol.
never mind about the other thing HM = Holy Moly,duh.

mares98
10-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Thanks B
Bruce,
Like I explained in my first post, I contacted you after both machine shops & I verified (magged) the crankshaft. At that time a GM crank was not what I was looking for and in fact you sold it to me as a Callies or so you said.
After a couple of years after my transaction with you it was by pure conicidence that I discovered that you were on the boards. Others have PM'd me to share similar stories about their dealings with you.
Your false statements are severly inacurate and your accusations of me threatening you and your family confirm and show your "true" integrity.
Bottom line is I just wanted to warn others about you and your shady dealings.
Good luck.

HemiDude
10-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Get a phocking life you POS, if you would have come back after 2 weeks I would have dropped that Hemi Head on your little toe....held by my phocking pinky and thumb!:mad:

HemiDude
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
That's different, the propane could have leaked out....:D
The tank of propane I bought at walmart 3 years ago is not full anymore, do you think I could get my money back??:idea::220v:

bordsmnj
10-25-2007, 07:02 PM
ah,hell with it this guys got issues. he shouldn't be buying his own parts

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
10-25-2007, 08:00 PM
This is bullshit!!!!!!!!! I have dealt with bruce and he is a legit guy. I sent him $800 worth of pragrammers and I got my payment a few days later. I have spoken to Bruce several times over the phone and he offered alot of help and "hookups" to me.
Something doesnt sound right...........

Moneypitt
10-25-2007, 08:36 PM
I can't help but notice at no time has the amount of money involved been mentioned.....Was this crank super cheap?......Was it sold as is? Does the buyer have a receipt stating it is a Calles crank?.......I agree, 6 months, or 2 years, is a bit of a stretch to expect the seller to react to problems with the sale........Not taking sides here, just asking some questions...........MP

minnesota_duane
10-26-2007, 06:37 AM
Some people christ!!!!
6 months later, too bad buddy!
I sold a used Ford small block top loader 4 speed to a guy once, he and his brother came to our transmission shop to check it out. His brother (Chad) worked for our competion, but still a nice guy. I had previously washed the transmission in our transmission cooker (pulled the top cover so the inside could get clean)
After washing it I dumped a couple quarts of ATF in it shifted spun it to make sure everything was coated and then dumped the fluid. Anyway they came to look at it the guys brother looked it over and said that it looked real nice to him. The only thing on the tranny that didnt look perfect was second gear was a little hammered from someone power shifting it, but a very workable transmission, they bought it. Now fast forward 3 years later, the guy (Brad) I sold it too sells it too another guy, telling him that he never used it. The guy he sells it too (Mark) comes to our shop bitching at me for selling a POS transmission. I told him there was nothing wrong with it when I sold it to Brad and to bring it in and let me look at it.
He brings it in I pull the cover and this thing is TRASHED! It has had gear lube in it there is metal everywhere! I told him that it didn't leave me looking like that! He wanted me to cover it? I think NOT! I told him if he wanted to buy the parts I would go threw it for him for nothing (dont know why the fock I said that now)stupid moment. He goes off on me, I tell him to pick up his shit and get the Fock out and never come back! He tells me he is going to take me to court? I said you do that, I want to see the look on the judges face!
It all comes back to "You cant fix stupid"!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Way to go Mares98. You have successfully made yourself out to be a complete idiot. :rolleyes:
What on earth made you think you could come on here and try to tarnish Bruce's reputation or integrity with your stupidity. I would trust Bruce with my life and have. He does way to much business in the motor/parts world to try and scam someone.
I hope you get spastic diarhea, you 'tard.
Btw, I bought some rum 6 months ago and now the bottle is broken and empty. I think I am owed a refund. :D

HM
10-26-2007, 08:11 AM
It all comes back to "You cant fix stupid"!
Amen to that, brother. But, occasionally I find myself on the wrong side of stupid. :D
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:D

riverbound
10-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Way to go Mares98. You have successfully made yourself out to be a complete idiot. :rolleyes:
What on earth made you think you could come on here and try to tarnish Bruce's reputation or integrity with your stupidity. I would trust Bruce with my life and have. He does way to much business in the motor/parts world to try and scam someone.
Btw, I bought some rum 6 months ago and now the bottle is broken and empty. I think I am owed a refund. :D
I love it when you wish spastic diarhea on morons :D :D
BTW...Im partially to blame for that broken/empty bottle of rum. I hleped you drink it, then we tried to make a "Sobe bomb" out of it. :jawdrop:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
10-26-2007, 09:10 AM
BTW...Im partially to blame for that broken/empty bottle of rum. I hleped you drink it, then we tried to make a "Sobe bomb" out of it. :jawdrop:
Don't make me start a ***beware*** thread about you too now! ;)
Watch out for RIVERBOUND. He, BILL will drink your rum and not only that, he, RIVERBOUND will fill the bottle with gas and stick it in the fire. I have talked to many other boards members and we have all come to the conclusion that RIVERBOUND like to blow things up and makes us laugh. BEWARE of BILL ie RIVERBOUND if having fun is not your thing.

HM
10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey...don't be changing the story here....she wished spastic diarrhea on a 'tard. This is how rumors start!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:D

riverbound
10-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Don't make me start a ***beware*** thread about you too now! ;)
Watch out for RIVERBOUND. He, BILL will drink your rum and not only that, he, RIVERBOUND will fill the bottle with gas and stick it in the fire. I have talked to many other boards members and we have all come to the conclusion that RIVERBOUND like to blow things up and makes us laugh. BEWARE of BILL ie RIVERBOUND if having fun is not your thing.
LOL :D
Im going to threaten your family now :mad:

Biglue
10-26-2007, 11:59 AM
Dontcha just hate those pesky "other sides to the story"? :D

MAXIMUS
10-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I think Bruce could be gay???:idea: sounds like the reminance of a gay lovers quarrel!:D The dudes crank shaft got a crack in it or his crack got a bad crank shafting???
Bruce do you have "another side" of this story that is not being heard???:devil:
This is bench racers... you are safe here! :devil: please just let it out...:idea:

Squeezing Spectra
10-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Maximus have i told you i LOVE you lately LOL :D :D :D

Placecraft Dragstar
10-27-2007, 09:34 AM
It says he is a short bus window licker, so he may not be gay.

MAXIMUS
10-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Maximus have i told you i LOVE you lately LOL :D :D :D
not lately...:( but its never to late baby!:devil:

HM
10-27-2007, 05:37 PM
not lately...:( but its never to late baby!:devil:
Better late than pregnant. :D

lilrick
10-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Better late than pregnant. :D
hay Frank, did you gain a lil weight? You look great in your halloween outfit!!!:D

HM
10-29-2007, 07:40 AM
hay Frank, did you gain a lil weight? You look great in your halloween outfit!!!:D
I am on the lilrick diet. :D

Do F150's Float?
10-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Bruce,
Your false statements are severly inacurate and your accusations of me threatening you and your family confirm and show your "true" integrity.
Bottom line is I just wanted to warn others about you and your shady dealings.
Good luck.
You are worthless... im coming in to the game here a little late... but to leave the kind of messages and threats against MY FAMILY and other people's property shows what a POS coward you are. Heard it. dealt with it. Don't deny it loser.
This is bullshit!!!!!!!!! I have dealt with bruce and he is a legit guy. I sent him $800 worth of pragrammers and I got my payment a few days later. I have spoken to Bruce several times over the phone and he offered alot of help and "hookups" to me.
Something doesnt sound right...........
So thats where that programmer came from... LOL :D

NUTHIN
10-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Something doesnt sound right...........I agree I called BS the min I read the thread. And Bruce has held stuff for me (by my word) and is patient and more then FAIR!

lilrick
10-30-2007, 08:44 AM
I saw Bruce double-dip one time......I ordered a new bowl of salsa....EIW

riverbound
10-30-2007, 10:01 AM
F-Bruce!!:D :D
POS still hasnt found time to fix my quad :mad:

Baja Big Dog
10-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Im thinking alcohol was involved???:eek:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
So thats where that programmer came from... LOL :D
Courtesy of Mr Spitter ;)

sanger mike
11-23-2007, 12:10 AM
I GOT A SET OF BBC PRO TOP LINE HEADS FOR A KILLER PRICE FROM BRUCE A LONG TIME AGO AND HE IS A STAND UP GUY. :D HEY CAN I RETURN THEM I THINK THERES A SCATCH ON THEM. :rolleyes:

Towndrunk
11-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Interesting! Bruce is God.:idea: