PDA

View Full Version : How to select a nozzle...

Scarab Jet
10-17-2002, 06:31 PM
Few questions guys:
1) I have the standard hydraulic place diverter on a Legend jet with no FTN (Fine Tuning Nozzle) . I was wondering... would putting on an FTN help me in my holeshot and/or top speed?
2) If the answer to the above is yes, how would I know which FTN to buy?
3) How hard is it to install an FTN?
Thanx in advance...
Mike...

GM Killer
10-17-2002, 07:30 PM
to answer your question, yes it will give you both a better top end and bottom end. which one to install depends on your setup, so ask a pro and get a couple of opinions, cus in my opinion, no one is right all the time. to install it your nozzle has to be set up for it. if it is set up for it, then it only takes a sec. email me and ill give you the name and number of a good pump guy.

jet496
10-18-2002, 07:38 PM
I was looking into that set-up too. Talked directly with Place Diverter Company. He told me that a boat like mine with only 450 hp wouldn't notice any difference with the different nozzles. I mean I was wanting to by the set-up & he talked me out of it. He said it was more for racing boats looking for certain things.
Curious if anyone has tried it with a boat like mine (21 ft, Ultra Stealth, 496HO, droop, set-back pump).
Thanks

HammerDown
10-19-2002, 04:08 AM
Thats a fact...Frank P told me the same thing several years ago...unless you got some big HP. in a light hull...and going real fast! Ya might see the differance at the clocks...(another words, your splittin hairs)...save your money! Standard opening...3 1/8.

Banshee
10-19-2002, 05:28 AM
In theory, a smaller nozzle will give you more top end and a larger nozzle will give you a better hole shot. But as HD said, it’s really splitting hairs. Most “experts” will agree the 3 1/8 nozzle is the best all around.
Good luck!