PDA

View Full Version : Steering nozzle o ring

hydro-KC
07-12-2003, 07:46 AM
Where the place divertor steering nozzle and the aggressor droop meet is an oring . I notice im getting alot of blowby and scaring on the droop side of the housing. The oring is relatively new.
Is this common? Do they make an oversize oring to
make a better seal? thanks in advance for any info.

Jake W
07-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Well unfortunaly if it is a Aggressor droop that is normal.Just do not fit quite rite and the droop is not hard anodized so it will ware.Sucks dont it cry you might try to shim it up a little can you move it up and down?Hear is a nother Question is it a short droop ? If so I had one and it started waring after the 3 time out.I am going with a berk droop on the Kachina.Cool seeing you at the lake .
Jake :D

HammerDown
07-12-2003, 06:23 PM
Thats odd, my friends Berk Droop has a lot of clearance at the o-ring also! New o-ring didnt help.

Jake W
07-12-2003, 11:01 PM
Whats odd about it or is that the polite way to tell me I am wrong?I do not think I said the Berk did not have clearnce issues I just want one that is hard anodised.Hammmer down I have and have had all these parts have you?But you know that sure is odd.
Jake :rolleyes:

LVjetboy
07-12-2003, 11:22 PM
My Berk's loose too. Heard of people shimming, so I may try, but I'm not sure how much help that will be without an oversize ring. Don't think they make oversize.
jer

HammerDown
07-13-2003, 03:53 AM
Jake W:
Whats odd about it or is that the polite way to tell me I am wrong?I do not think I said the Berk did not have clearnce issues I just want one that is hard anodised.Hammmer down I have and have had all these parts have you?But you know that sure is odd.
Jake :rolleyes: Easy there Jake, being a little sensitive?...I wasent looking to say you were wrong...just pointing out that my friends Berk is way lose!
And just for the record...my Aggressor's fit is just fine :D

Jake W
07-13-2003, 06:58 AM
Yea I guess I was being a litle sentsive cry ha ha .It seems I must have gotten a suck ass Aggressor droop The casting was not all that nice on the Short one I had and and it did start to ware fast.On the long one it is a little loose and it was just not made as nice as some of the Aggressor droops I have seen it is like the have diffrent cast and some of them are nicer than others.I allso think the center diviter is off to one side on my long making it have a bigger stream on one side causing a little right stear.on the Berk it has a horizantal diviter so should be no problem on the right or left stear.Though the guys that race say to take out the divider all togeather.I am no expert just the things on mine I have to deal with.so for me I will be changing brands on my next project.
Hammer Down I am glad you have a nice Aggressor droop that does not leak at least you go your moneys worth. :D
Jake

hydro-KC
07-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Jake enjoyed seeing ya at the lake , and meeting
The "Bubba" ,
Yeah it moves up and down , and i did shim, man is it scared up. This has gotta be causing some
loss of thrust. I guess i'll be in the market for a new droop. Im thinking more of a str8 extension type.

Duane HTP
07-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Jake, is that Aggressor droop that you're having trouble with one I sold you? If so, send it back to me and I'll replace it. I haven't had any trouble with them.

Jake W
07-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Duane thanks for the offer.But I do not think you want this one back for one I sanded it down and polished it.And I dubble drilled it and sharpned the divider I did all of this befor I used it at the lake.What do you think about the Divider being off to one side causing the boat to want to stear to the right?I think I will just cut it out.Thanks agine for the offer.
Jake :D

hydro-KC
07-15-2003, 05:16 AM
Duane thanks for the hospitality down at your races last weekend , and your patience. Being a newbie to the boat racing scene , we were estatic about being their. Man what a show you all put on. I'll be there next year, more prepared and a little more knowledgable about what to expect.
Duane any other suggestions for a loose nozzle?
Is the divider one last attempt at str8ng the water out , is it needed?
I would luv to try a str8 droop extension without the up turn(7%?) with , before going the whole
setback on the pump thing, although i would like it, probally cant afford it.

Blown 472
07-15-2003, 05:18 AM
I had my nozzle machined for a dominator o ring, which is about 1/4 in diameter, it fits tight but does not leak.

Unchained
07-15-2003, 08:57 AM
I got an American Turbine extension and diverter from Hi-Tech last year and thats the best
setup I've ever used. I sold the Place unit I had on there and switched.
The O-ring is on the outside of the steering knuckle out of the water flow and is a better
design, less prone to leaks.
http://www.americanturbine.com/images/products/performance/ATstraight.jpg
Mark