PDA

View Full Version : What can you tell me about La Crescenta High School?

bunny 166
10-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Never been there--do I want to go there for a competition?

Mandelon
10-26-2007, 02:38 PM
No. come to my house instead. :devil:

totenhosen
10-26-2007, 02:49 PM
it's actually called crescenta valley high school ..... i was actually born there (la crescenta) in 1964, then moved when i was 10 (74) ---- got some family still in the area that went there and their kids go there ..... it's l.a., and heard it's a pretty gnarly school :sqeyes: you should be safe (in the day-time) though :eek: what kind of competition ???
It's not a bad school or bad area for the most part. It's right next to La Canada which is probably one of the more affluent areas in So-Cal.

beever_retreever
10-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Grab the rosetta stone and brush up on your Farsi and Armenian.
Also, go to Yaki's and have a bulldog.

DeltaSigBoater
10-26-2007, 03:11 PM
I think my cousins went there, they both turned out alright :D
Whats the competition for?

JB in so cal
10-26-2007, 03:42 PM
As long as you're not a cute blond you should have no prob---er, never mind!:)

Trailer Park Casanova
10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
We have one child going to school there.
The kids like it.
Over run with third world ,, nahh,, I never get racial on HB's.

Formula Dude
10-26-2007, 09:39 PM
La Crescenta is like the Armenian Irvine.
I must correct you, Indian Irvine. :D

bunny 166
10-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks for your replies....I'm thinking of going there with my cheer team for a competition, but I have no idea what the area/school is like. No offense to anyone from Long Beach, but I will never go to Long Beach Poly again--Me personally, I was Ok, but some of my south OC parents were having a cow....It's not the nicest school.

Hustler
10-27-2007, 09:28 AM
You'll be fine. It's a nice area up here.

Wavemaker
10-28-2007, 03:38 PM
La Cresenta High School is in a very nice and safe area. Not the ghetto by any means. It is off the 210 freeway a nice community built on the slopes of the Verdugo foothills, north of Glendale. Many large and expensive homes in the area. Many movie, TV and studio executives live there. A desirable area to live. We have friends that live there and La Cresenta is really a nice area. I would say will be comparable to the competition you attended at Burroughs High School in Burbank a couple of years ago. We hope the girls win!

Community
10-28-2007, 03:46 PM
After the comp is over, go down Ramsdell and turn left on Honolulu. Go about 1 blocks on the left is a mexican rest called el sol. Great food and one of the best margaritas I have ever had....thats a good way to end the day....IMO.

Baja Big Dog
10-28-2007, 03:52 PM
La Crescenta is like the Armenian Irvine.
:eek:

PaPaG
10-28-2007, 08:29 PM
La Cresenta High School is in a very nice and safe area. Not the ghetto by any means. It is off the 210 freeway a nice community built on the slopes of the Verdugo foothills, north of Glendale. Many large and expensive homes in the area. Many movie, TV and studio executives live there. A desirable area to live. We have friends that live there and La Cresenta is really a nice area. I would say will be comparable to the competition you attended at Burroughs High School in Burbank a couple of years ago. We hope the girls win!
My Two nephews and one Niece went/go there, all turned out A students and total sports all stars. Very Affluent area you should not have any problems there....

Chestah Cheetah
10-28-2007, 10:09 PM
They let me graduate, can't be that bad...:)

SMFRiverRat
10-29-2007, 06:00 AM
I'll second that. I conned them into letting me graduate in 79. Grew up in a house at the very bottom of Boston Ave. House flooded twice when the creek next to us filled up and over ran the bank, then worried about fires in the summer. Loved the area.

Not So Fast
10-29-2007, 07:01 AM
Thanks for your replies....I'm thinking of going there with my cheer team for a competition, but I have no idea what the area/school is like. No offense to anyone from Long Beach, but I will never go to Long Beach Poly again--Me personally, I was Ok, but some of my south OC parents were having a cow....It's not the nicest school.
You re right on about Long Beach Poly, JackRabbits right? We did a major storm drain job there before I retired that went from the street they were on all the way to the river (or toilet as the case may be;) ). I was afraid everyday when school let as they were a very intimidating bunch of "Children". Gangsters abound, scary ass area for sure.:eek: NSF