PDA

View Full Version : You guys are going to be reading about me

Her454
10-26-2007, 04:33 PM
in the Headlines soon.
Crazed woman roams property and sits on porch with shotgun attempting to kill gophers!!!
:mad: :mad:
FOCKERS!:D

maxwedge
10-26-2007, 04:35 PM
If you kill all the golfers, they'll lock you up and throw away the key.:D
Which reminds me have you tried using a plastic explosive squirrel yet?

Her454
10-26-2007, 04:36 PM
If you kill all the golfers, they'll lock you up and throw away the key.:D
If they dig up my lawn anymore they are dead, I dont care what they are called.:D

GoCiggie31
10-26-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/gofer.gif

YeLLowBoaT
10-26-2007, 04:54 PM
I've got a very nice pellet gun your welcome to use it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
10-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Traci I would be more then happy to help you get the little boogers..:D

Boatcop
10-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Easy fix.
Take a vacuum cleaner hose and tape it to your trucks tail pipe. (Use foil tape). Stick the other end into a gopher hole. Make sure it's sealed with dirt, and any other holes you find are capped with dirt.
Idle the truck for a few hours and the little rodents will go sleepy-bye.(forever)
If you happen to have a diesel tractor, it'll work faster.

thatguy
10-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Easy fix.
Take a vacuum cleaner hose and tape it to your trucks tail pipe. (Use foil tape). Stick the other end into a gopher hole. Make sure it's sealed with dirt, and any other holes you find are capped with dirt.
Idle the truck for a few hours and the little rodents will go sleepy-bye.(forever)
Now thats a great idea! Does it work?
I have been using mothballs and have run them to the edge of the property. (4 acres)
Tommy

Boatcop
10-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Now thats a great idea! Does it work?
I have been using mothballs and have run them to the edge of the property. (4 acres)
Tommy
I got that from the farmers out here. That's what they use.
Solved my rodent problem post-haste.

Her454
10-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Easy fix.
ROTFLMAO! Are you serious Alan? I feel like I'm being set up for a "Mullett Mountain Dumbest" Video or something! We do have a Bobcat tho..........:D

Boatcop
10-26-2007, 05:17 PM
ROTFLMAO! Are you serious Alan? I feel like I'm being set up for a "Mullett Mountain Dumbest" Video or something! We do have a Bobcat tho..........:D
LOL. Yes it works.
But be careful of concerned neighbors.
When I last did it, a guy driving by thought the hose was going into the house, and came up banging on the door after he called 911 for a possible suicide attempt.
My dispatch was laughing their ass off, when I called and told them what was really going on, and they canceled the Cavalry.

Her454
10-26-2007, 05:41 PM
LOL. Yes it works.
But be careful of concerned neighbors.
When I last did it, a guy driving by thought the hose was going into the house, and came up banging on the door after he called 911 for a possible suicide attempt.
My dispatch was laughing their ass off, when I called and told them what was really going on, and they canceled the Cavalry.
Well I dont really have any neighbors close enough to see what the hell I'm trying to kill. :D :D

Sportin' Wood
10-26-2007, 05:49 PM
in the Headlines soon.
Crazed woman roams property and sits on porch with shotgun attempting to kill gophers!!!
:mad: :mad:
FOCKERS!:D
LMAO We've done it, Traci. Sitting in a lawn chair with an ice chest between us and high powered pellet guns.
I gave up on my garden after spending about $1K in raised beds with expanded metal underneath and drip systems. Since I didn't nail the expanded metal to the wood sides, the little buggars found a way into the beds and still ate everything! I ended up bulldozing it with the gannon on the tractor. :mad: Now I just have tomatoes in a pot on the porch and grapes. I've got so many rodents, my 3 cats can't keep up.
~Angie

Her454
10-26-2007, 06:53 PM
OK, so I'm not crazy. Well, not when it comes to Gophers anyway, LOL:D

AZJD
10-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Easy fix.
Now that's an idea. Gophers were a huge problem in anaheim. We used to just sit out until we caught them above ground or pushing dirt. We knew which way each hole ran because we marked them, and when they would come to the surface we would slam a spade shovel through the ground blocking their tunnel. We also subsequently decapitated a few in the process......:devil:
Once the tunnel was blocked. You killed them how ever you wanted.
****Pellet Guns are not effective in killing So Cal gophers.
We killed a few that weighed at least 5 or 6 pounds.
Little bastards are like roaches! :mad:

scooooter7
10-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Easy fix.
I wonder if this would work for neighbors??

AZJD
10-26-2007, 07:36 PM
I wonder if this would work for neighbors??
If it doesn't, resort to the spade shovel technique!:D :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-26-2007, 08:03 PM
These little things work great. They definatly don't need to come in a 4 pack, I use one and the rest go on the shelf for a year or two before I need another.
Find a fresh hole, light one of these up and stick it down the hole and cover it up. Then its like a pit BBQ. Look for the smoke escaping and throw a shovel full of dirt on it till no more smoke.
http://www.gopherguide.com/gasbomb.jpg
I get them at Home Depot and Ace Hardware.
I tried that and it just seemed to make them hungry. I think they make it out of MaryJane. :)

Her454
10-27-2007, 07:21 AM
I tried that and it just seemed to make them hungry. I think they make it out of MaryJane. :)
LOL... I'm going to try the Boatcop method this weekend and I'll let you guys know how it worked.
BTW, I asked Mike last night if we had the "Gopher" attachement for the Bobcat and then I showed him Boatcop's post and he laughed like hell. Like I said, we'll let ya know how it works.
Between the gophers digging up the yard and the dogs trying to kill the gophers (thats entertainment in itself) my yard is a mess.:mad:

ChumpChange
10-27-2007, 07:25 AM
You need the Rodenator :D
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2umEFHeo6mw

Debbolas
10-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Take pictures ;)
If that doesn't work, in the midwest they have a prarie dog problem. I guess they suck them out of their holes with high powered vacumns, up into helicopters and then take them away. Our river guide was making up songs about "Fur from above" :D

Her454
10-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Take pictures ;)
If that doesn't work, in the midwest they have a prarie dog problem. I guess they suck them out of their holes with high powered vacumns, up into helicopters and then take them away. Our river guide was making up songs about "Fur from above" :D
LOL, I'll take pics!:D I was actually watching the dogs the other day trying to catch one. Talk about patience! My Queensland stands right above the hole for hours just waiting...not even twitching..and then he'll pounce! Its hilarious. He's got a few too. Brings them and drops them at my feet like a trophy or something.

Desert Rat
10-27-2007, 09:21 AM
I had building going all around me and the neighbors and I tried all the above methods to no avail. Exhaust and the sulfer bombs did not work at all in my instance BUT what did was this here trap. Dig down to expose the tunnel going in both direction and insert these puppies. Leave the hole open in the back which makes the little fu(ker try and push dirt to it and close the hole. I trapped 42 of the bastards in one year. No problem at all now! The neighbor who got a late start got over 20! I got mine at a local hardware store but here is a link to what they are
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Hole-Rodent-Trap/dp/B0007O24US

Debbolas
10-27-2007, 09:24 AM
LOL, I'll take pics!:D I was actually watching the dogs the other day trying to catch one. Talk about patience! My Queensland stands right above the hole for hours just waiting...not even twitching..and then he'll pounce! Its hilarious. He's got a few too. Brings them and drops them at my feet like a trophy or something.
It's a present!:D
Our cats bring us rats, mice, all kinds of birds, lizards. They drop them on the doormat and meyow like crazy! Then they strut all around the house like John Travolta on "Saturday Night Fever"
Last night we saw a possum, tried to feed it a banana....man they move sloooowwwwww:jawdrop:

Flyinbowtie
10-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Gonna try this myself, we have the same infestation up here, T., out behind the garage. We killed five of them last spring by stuffing the hose into the ground and waiting with the Killer Shovel until they came up for air.
i just read this to Cindy, she is telling me to back the truck around.
Propbably gonna hafta use her Mitsu. Ain't got enough hose to reach the exhaust on the Kubota, but that'd sure as hell kill'em quicker...
Thanks BC...:D

Trailer Park Casanova
10-27-2007, 10:06 AM
We had hundreds of them spread over 1/4 acre.
I read this site and followed their directions to the "T":
http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7433.html
Lowes sell Grants Gopher bait, the finest kine.
With a little lettuce, ya put the Grants bait in the main burrow per the Univ's instructions.
With time, you'll get most of them.
If the neighbors are on board with the same program,, then the dovetailing efforts will really help.
Our cat tips the scale to our favor. He kills several a week, sometimes up to 6 a day.
If the above isn't appealing Traci:
Some exterminator companies have Gopher insurance in their contracts too.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
10-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I had no idea you could buy that kind of stuff from Amazon. :jawdrop:

River Runin
10-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Try Juicy fruit gum!.....just pluges them little holes up! ;)

Her454
10-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Gonna try this myself, we have the same infestation up here, T., out behind the garage. We killed five of them last spring by stuffing the hose into the ground and waiting with the Killer Shovel until they came up for air.
i just read this to Cindy, she is telling me to back the truck around.
Propbably gonna hafta use her Mitsu. Ain't got enough hose to reach the exhaust on the Kubota, but that'd sure as hell kill'em quicker...
Thanks BC...:D
LOL, well let me know if it works for you! We've been finishing up moving and I've torn the damn house apart today looking for some old pics so I kinda lost track of time. Guess I'll have to try it tomorrow tho, I'm dying to see if it works! .......All these other little tricks too LMAO.

Flyinbowtie
10-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Traci, tell Mike shop-vac hose slipped right over the Kubota exhaust stack, should work well on the Bobcat as well. I used the flex tube from the stack then put one of the tube extension pieces on, it reached the ground quite nicely.:D
Gave 'em a nice two-hour dose of non-pollution controlled diesel exhaust fumes. :devil: I will check in the am, if they are still alive there will be fresh-turned dirt, but I can't imagine anything living through that.
We'll give 'em another blast if necessary.
-Ross, we ain't got a cat, & the nearest Lowes is 35 miles down the hill, but I might have to go for that if the smoker don't work.

GHT
10-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Easy fix.
That is friggin' funny and it sounds like an avenue that won't attract much attention..:D

Her454
10-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Traci, tell Mike shop-vac hose slipped right over the Kubota exhaust stack, should work well on the Bobcat as well. I used the flex tube from the stack then put one of the tube extension pieces on, it reached the ground quite nicely.:D
Gave 'em a nice two-hour dose of non-pollution controlled diesel exhaust fumes. :devil: I will check in the am, if they are still alive there will be fresh-turned dirt, but I can't imagine anything living through that.
We'll give 'em another blast if necessary.
-Ross, we ain't got a cat, & the nearest Lowes is 35 miles down the hill, but I might have to go for that if the smoker don't work.
I read it to him and he said we'd hook it up in the am and see how it works. I think ....he thinks........ I'm crazy. :D And he thinks you and Boatcop must be crazy too LOL. We'll see. :D

HavaPaul
10-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Use a lawn mower instead and back out the idle mixure screw and see what happens.
Easy fix.

Mrs.Moose on the loose
10-28-2007, 07:38 AM
Go to the feed store and buy the poison balls, wrap them in peanut butter and they will eat it and die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! If they run out because there toung is stuck to the roof of there mouth then shoot them:devil:
Heck we'll come by and BBQ and have a field day.:D

syco
10-28-2007, 07:38 AM
It's a present!:D
Our cats bring us rats, mice, all kinds of birds, lizards. They drop them on the doormat and meyow like crazy! Then they strut all around the house like John Travolta on "Saturday Night Fever"
Last night we saw a possum, tried to feed it a banana....man they move sloooowwwwww:jawdrop:
My Rot does the same thing leaves them on the back door mat.He is so happy wont stop barking until i come outside to see! He knows i hate those bastards tearing up my lawn!! Road flares down the hole work good to.

Airin' it Out
10-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Go to the feed store and buy the poison balls, wrap them in peanut butter and they will eat it and die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! If they run out because there toung is stuck to the roof of there mouth then shoot them:devil:
Heck we'll come by and BBQ and have a field day.:D
LOTFLMAO! This thread is too funny!
Her454--take Mrs. Moose's suggestion above, plan a BBQ and envite HB memebers, post armed members at each gopher hole, also fog the holes using the tractor. At the end of the day during the BBQ, award a prize to the HB member who brings in the most dead gophers! A good time to be had by all and hopefully a significant reduction in your rodent problem!

Her454
10-28-2007, 08:29 AM
LOTFLMAO! This thread is too funny!
Her454--take Mrs. Moose's suggestion above, plan a BBQ and envite HB memebers, post armed members at each gopher hole, also fog the holes using the tractor. At the end of the day during the BBQ, award a prize to the HB member who brings in the most dead gophers! A good time to be had by all and hopefully a significant reduction in your rodent problem!
GREAT IDEA!!!
******* BBQ TODAY AT MY HOUSE! Bring your best shot, pellet or BB Gun, Mini Propane Tanks, Portable Poison, Peanut Butter & Juicy Fruit Gum, Lettuce & Gopher Bait! Rodent sniffing dogs welcome! A special invite to the Sportin Woods, bring yer lawnchairs and icechest and we'll give you the best seat in house. Prizes awarded for the most rodents! Plenty of RV parking and close to the lake! I'll have the barrels fired up full of Tri Tip and lots of beer! :D :D :D
Well? How did it work FBT?

Flyinbowtie
10-28-2007, 10:54 AM
We went from about 8 fresh dirt piles every morning to ONE this morning.
The tractor is plugged into it as we speak.
I think it is working.
I siphoned 5 gallons of fuel out of the truck this morning, the tractor can idle for about a month on that.

Her454
10-28-2007, 11:22 AM
I think it is working.
I siphoned 5 gallons of fuel out of the truck this morning, the tractor can idle for about a month on that.
:D :D TOO COOL! Mike is at the dump, but as he gets back, ours will be hooked up too!

Her454
11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I think it is working.
Ok, we went from a shitload of piles of dirt and gassing them fockers 2 times now with the Bobcat to 2 holes as of today!!!!
THANK YOU BOATCOP!
Oh BTW, special thanks to the Mooses & a couple other's who surprised the hell out of me and ACTUALLY SHOWED UP for the festivities last weekend with Gopher Gun in hand and helped out the cause! They wont let me post pics tho LOL!:D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
11-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Sportin' Wood . . . fuel up the Kubota!

Her454
11-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Sportin' Wood . . . fuel up the Kubota!
LOL, it works! :D And after that, we need to start planning on some living room excavation...............I mean um...historical research.....
and getting that wussy of a schoolteacher up to speed on Jello shots LOL