PDA

View Full Version : Roll call....PHX area boaters...

fire on the water
09-17-2003, 07:14 AM
Any Phoenix jet boaters interested in organizing a little get together at one of the lakes here in the Valley? Just something for a day, where we could meet others, get ideas, etc. Just a casual deal, not something as well planned as CBBB or an OP6C, just a day at the lake w/good people and bad ass boats :) . Can someone help post a pole for a date and what lakes? Just an idea. Thanks, Tyler

Slick
09-17-2003, 08:32 AM
I'd totally be down for that. Other than the stupid jet skiers and wakeboard boats, Bartlett is probably the most friendly for low-freeboard boats. It might not be as convenient for people in the east valley, but you'll never wait in a ramp line like Sajuaro.

fire on the water
09-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Yeah thats what I'm sayin' Slick! Just a cool little day trip. I'm in the east valley and have never been to Barlett, but would definitely love to check it out. Saguaro is gettin old.

Flat Nasty
09-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Any v-drives permitted??? :confused:

Squirtcha?
09-17-2003, 02:37 PM
Phoenix here too. I'd second the vote for Bartlett. The only downside is that the level is going down every day 77% as of todays water levels from SRP pages. It's not kept full like Saguaro, Apache, and Canyon are. The good side is that this is the best time of the year to go. As the water level goes down, it exposes a great sandbar at the North end. No rocks, no weeds, just nice sand to hang out on. Less traffic too which is always great. Unless it's windy you can almost always find a spot to open em up.
Check the first picture on my website Squirtcha?s page (http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/jetboats~ns4.html) and you'll see what a nice spot the sandbar is.
Oh yeah, the beach is nice enough that you don't have to wait in line to launch your boat. You can put in just about anywhere that a road leads to (except rattlesnake cove).
[ September 17, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

Slick
09-17-2003, 02:48 PM
V-drives? Luv em. I'd love the chance to race a fast v-drive. I just need a little head start...errr, maybe more along the lines of a 15 second head start for a quarter mile run. :D

Flat Nasty
09-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Slick:
V-drives? Luv em. I'd love the chance to race a fast v-drive. I just need a little head start...errr, maybe more along the lines of a 15 second head start for a quarter mile run. :D wink No problem, I'll give ya a head start... let me know when and we'll be there! Definately vote for Bartlett!

fire on the water
09-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Sure v-drives are welcome! What about dates? Saturday or Sunday? I was planning to go to OP6C next month, whats everyone else's schedules look like?

Squirtcha?
09-17-2003, 04:58 PM
I'm a single father of two and OP6 is probably not such a great idea for me (personally I'm always up for some boobage, but not so great for the kids). That's why this Bartlett thing sounds cool. I'm up for just about any weekend ya'll choose. Just post up whatever works for ya.

DogHouse
09-17-2003, 05:01 PM
oh sure, jets and v-drives are ok but i/o folks are not welcome, i see how you guys are!
:D

newbie Mike
09-17-2003, 06:31 PM
I would like to meet all you guys, I mean everyone has been so helpful on thei Biesemeyer project. Unfortuneately I don't think it will be ready for a lake trip for about 60 days. But lets all stay in touch, cause when its ready I want to join in.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Just look for the rooster and that will be me wink I am all over this event! You guy just let me know. I have a small crack to repair and my boat is ready.

fire on the water
09-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Hey DogHouse, don't get all butt hurt! :D I wound't mind seeing your kitty kat. wink ! I'm N/A 10/12 and 10/26(Cards. games), OP6C is the 10/17-10/19($$$ permiting). So this leaves maybe next weekend or the following, or Sat.10/13 or Sat.10/20. :confused:

fire on the water
09-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Hey 396, just pull those pants up a little higher to fix that crack :D :D !

TIMINATOR
09-17-2003, 08:06 PM
Do it on a Sunday as some of us have to work Saturdays. Also to avoid ill will,please do not bring the following: girlfriend/wife with bigger boobs,blonder hair or longer legs. Also no faster boats, nicer tow vehicles, jet skis, roll bar boats, loud audio systems, drunks, whiners, braggers, snivelers, or punks. I'll try to attend anyway, we'll see who gets voted off the island first. (another tongue in cheek submission by the TIMMINATOR) :cool: :D

DogHouse
09-17-2003, 08:54 PM
later is better for me. some dumbass broke his arm and needs time to heal so he doesn't cry like a little biaaatch. :D
also will be in ca for a wedding 10/10-10/12.

fire on the water
09-17-2003, 10:47 PM
gettin' over a broken foot, i know how that goes?!

Slick
09-18-2003, 06:09 AM
newbie Mike:
I would like to meet all you guys, I mean everyone has been so helpful on thei Biesemeyer project. Unfortuneately I don't think it will be ready for a lake trip for about 60 days. But lets all stay in touch, cause when its ready I want to join in. You should go regardless of whetherornot you boat is finished. I hitched a ride for two years at all the OP6 events until OP6C-V. I'm sure someone would drag your ass around providing you bring enough cactus coolers.

Slick
09-18-2003, 06:11 AM
So is this dealio going to be kid-friendly or not. If it is, I'm down for a 2yro and 8yro.

fire on the water
09-18-2003, 07:07 AM
I knew I wanted a boat since I was like seven, little guys will have fun too!I don't have a problem w/em.

Slick
09-18-2003, 07:32 AM
How about next weekend?

fire on the water
09-18-2003, 07:41 AM
Sounds good to me!!!!!I gotta split for Lake Powell this morn., will be back Fri night.FOTW out.

Slick
09-18-2003, 07:52 AM
Powell? You suck. Have a good time. I'd prefer Saturday, but Sunday is okay, too.

Squirtcha?
09-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Since I'm single and my family lives a couple thousand miles away...............mine go everywhere with me. They're a little older though at 12 and 14. I usually end up taking a friend for each too. Makes for a boatfull.

Slick
09-18-2003, 10:25 AM
Girls = babysitters :D

skeepwerkzaz
09-19-2003, 12:59 AM
9/27-28 sounds good to me. Boats running good....who wants a spanking????? :D Or at least a roosting wink
clay

Slick
09-19-2003, 06:57 AM
Clay,
What happened to you at Pleasant a couple weeks ago. Dog House said he saw you. Said you were waiting to follow me out. I must have been on the water before you got there. frown

skeepwerkzaz
09-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Slick,
I got there before 10:00am, and waited on the point just outside the marina. I zigged, you zagged I guess. I went up to bartlett a few weeks ago trying to locate doghouse but again I missed him. My boat is really loud, I don't know how I keep on missing peeps!!!! Anyway PLEASANT SUCKS. What a godforsaken shithole of a lake. I am not a big fan. I like shorelines that don't cause damage to boats and feet, and bottoms that you can anchor on. Oh yeah, There were too many jet skis also. I am thinking about a Bartlett trip this weekend who's in?

Slick
09-19-2003, 12:54 PM
I'm no go for this weekend. Bulk trash starts Monday for our neighborhood so I'm going to finally bite the bullet and get rid of a tree in the back yard and some other crap.

fire on the water
09-20-2003, 08:13 PM
Back from Lake Powell!! Great trip!! Spent two nights in friendship cove, 33 miles from Wahweap. Stars were incredible. Weather was great. Boat ran great :) ! Its a rough ride for our 19 footer and since the lake is so friggin low, you gotta go all the way around Antelope Island. Busy narrow channels behind that island, with at least 2ft of slosh from the wakes breaking off the rock walls eek! !Doubt we would have made it in if we weren't following my buddy's 28fter. This is kinda funny, his boat's name is BOHICA, which is an acronym for Bend Over Here It Comes Again! :D :D . Anyway, the 9/27-28 weekend looks cool, Sat or Sun is cool for me.

Squirtcha?
09-21-2003, 11:03 AM
So it's looking like next weekend for Bartlett? I've got a few other people that are interested in going.

Slick
09-22-2003, 06:58 AM
We're down for Saturday if that's the date. No kids for us, just the wifes non boating friends. To tell the truth, I'd rather have the kids than four adults that don't know shit about boats.

F N Fast
09-22-2003, 09:11 AM
I would'nt be the least bit concerned about the lake level at Bartlett. It's actually much nicer when the level is low, in fact it could still be a bit lower to expose more of the beach on the North end. As of a week ago, the beach wasn't exposed at all.
The 27th works for me, I'll be there!

Squirtcha?
09-22-2003, 04:21 PM
Yeah, I saw that. It was down to 73% and then came back up again. Although the sandbar is the nicest beach on the lake, the others aren't too bad either.
The worst day at Bartlett beats heck out of the best day at Pleasant.

DogHouse
09-22-2003, 07:09 PM
so it's on for this weekend... @#%$! i already have plans for apache... frown

fire on the water
09-23-2003, 03:29 AM
Dog House, stay a little closer to home! Besides I'm sure people won't appreciate you running them off the road with your rig on that crappy road. Have you seen the Moyes' new 44' super cat w/flames? Sat is looking good.

Slick
09-23-2003, 07:25 AM
Brian,
You need to scrap Apache. Break your plans and if you feel guilty about it after a great day at Bartlett, you can have us all over for a BBQ :D
What about a meeting time and place. We need to get this dialed in because if history repeats itself, we'll never see skeepworks.

fire on the water
09-23-2003, 08:43 AM
I won't be able to get to the lake until roughly noon on Sat. (maybe earlier). What about directions? Here is FOTW, boats are easier to remember than faces :D :D http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1059021_21-med.JPG

Squirtcha?
09-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Get on the Bartlett turnoff
northeast of the town of Cave Creek.
The road will wind around and
up n down for 15 miles and It
is signed. You'll get to the
paystation and it'll prompt
you to enter it. It's $6 for
a vehicle and boat, the machine
will take debit or credit cards.
When you pull out of the paystation
about a 1/8 mile down the hill
you'll see a lefthand turn. Take
that road and stay on it all the way
to the end. There'll be a stop sign
there and a paved parking lot
(about 3 miles or so).
Take a left at the stop sign and
the road will turn to dirt after
about 100 yards or so. Wind your way
down it til you come to the lake.
Find a good spot on the beach and
you'll be able to put in right there
and park your vehicle right next to
where you put in (what a concept eh?)
I know what your boat looks like so
I'll keep an eye out for ya. Mine
is similar but orange and yeller.
Figure since SB Cove is closed that
Bartlett Flats would be the best place
to meet up.
[ September 23, 2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

Slick
09-24-2003, 07:36 AM
If you don't have a 4x4 you can launch @ the main ramp or the secondary ramp. To get to the seacondary ramp, turn right instead of left at the stop sign. It's not far from where you're being directed to. We usually launch at the main ramp because fuel is not an issue for us.

Slick
09-24-2003, 08:45 AM
Bartlett Flats is long and might be a little difficult to find someone, plus too many jet skis. Even though the beach @ SB cove is closed, there's so little launch traffic, we could just float in the cove and wait to hook up or tie up to the dock. I think it would be easier to find people since you're directing them towards the secondary ramp anyway.
[ September 24, 2003, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Slick ]

DogHouse
09-24-2003, 09:04 AM
Slick:
Brian,
... Break your plans and if you feel guilty about it after a great day at Bartlett, you can have us all over for a BBQ :D
that wouldn't be a bad idea if we were going to be in town! our place is only about half an hour from the lake. oh well, next time...
you guys better give 'skeep some good directions this time! :D
fotw, yeah the road into apache is interesting with a trailer. we don't do fishcreek any more, trailer is too long. now we always go the back way since the road is wider and less time on dirt. it's not a problem, we just take it slow and pull over when someone wants to pass.

Squirtcha?
09-24-2003, 09:13 AM
Just a side note. I've got a 4X4 and jerk strap. I have a buddy of mine that used to launch his low prof v-drive with a monte carlo. We've never had a problem beach launching his boat, without damaging car or boat.
So are you saying you're going to be by the ramp at SB Cove?
If you decide to use the ramp that Slick is talking about, just go straight at the last stop sign (rather than left down the dirt road, go through the paved parking lot and you'll see the ramp.
[ September 24, 2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

Slick
09-24-2003, 09:17 AM
I'm saying it would probably be easier for everyone to meet up rather than cruising the length of the Flats. I'll probably launch there as well.

skeepwerkzaz
09-24-2003, 03:40 PM
I have been to the flats, great place. Just give me a time and I'll be there. I am going to launch in the dirt though. I just think that it is cool!!!!!

newbie Mike
09-24-2003, 04:00 PM
bummer I can't make it. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you guys. bummer.
Hopefully there can be other get togethers, if so and if humanly possible I'll be there. In fact Me thinks this 72 Biesemeyer Day Cruiser will be running in approx 30 days. I hope I hope I hope.
Good luck guys and good boating
May the rooster tail be with you :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: bummer I say just an absolute bummer

fire on the water
09-24-2003, 08:08 PM
I think I'd like to launch off the beach. Sounds cool. When do you think you all will be there?

Squirtcha?
09-24-2003, 10:33 PM
It's real nice to have your ezup, chairs, skis, coolers etc. right next to your boat.
I'm planning on leaving my place at about
8:30 or 9:00 am. Should put me at the lake around 10:30 or 11:00.
Here's what my rig looks like. Except the truck has
a matching cap on the back now.
Picture of rig (http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/files/New_rig.JPG)
[ September 24, 2003, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

TIMINATOR
09-25-2003, 07:01 AM
What day? or have I been voted off the island allready? NEWBIE: GO ANYWAY!!! look at everybodys stuff and hang out! You WILL get some ideas for your boat! TIMMINATOR :D :D :D

F N Fast
09-25-2003, 07:28 AM
Looks like Saturday from what I can tell. Squirtcha, is that typical of you to take up as much space as you can on prime beach there or what?
Hehhe teasing of course!

Slick
09-25-2003, 07:35 AM
We're leaving @ 10:30, so we'll be in the water by 11:45. We'll be launching from the ramp @ SB Cove and heading straight for the flats. Are you guys planning on hangin'out at the flats or finding a beach to hang out on?
Here's us:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/256op6c5h2.bmp
[ September 25, 2003, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Slick ]

Squirtcha?
09-25-2003, 08:23 AM
I haven't been to Bartlett in about a month so I'm not sure if there are any nice sand beaches exposed yet. There is a nice little cove right past the 10 mph buoy on the left in the channel. It's real nice, but usually taken. Reckon we'll have to sorta play it by ear.
[ September 25, 2003, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

Squirtcha?
09-25-2003, 08:27 AM
F N Fast:
Looks like Saturday from what I can tell. Squirtcha, is that typical of you to take up as much space as you can on prime beach there or what?
Hehhe teasing of course! That was an awesome day at Bartlett. It was overcast and about 90 degrees. Nobody there that day for some strange reason. Yupper, if it's there I'ma gonna spread out and use all I want snicker snicker. Look at the water. The level was like 94%, barely a ripple on the lake. Nobody there, and here's the kicker. We were leaving at like 9:30 am after spending the night. I can't remember why but I'm kicking myself now!
Timinator. The general concensus was to go on Saturday and I noticed you said you may have to work. Hopefully that's not the case and you can come on out.
[ September 25, 2003, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

Slick
09-25-2003, 08:46 AM
As of the Outdoors Section in the Republic today, Bartlett is at 77%. Who knows how many days ago that reading was taken.
So far the Fo Sho's are:
Slick and Sassy1 (Tom & Sara) in "MoneyShot"
Squirtcha (Dan) in "Squirtcha"
Skeepwerkz (Clay) in ?
Fire On The Water (Tyler) in ?
F N Fast (Steve) in ?
Timinator
How about a definite from:
396_WAYS_TO_SPIT (Michael)
Flat Nasty
newbie Mike
Jordy
[ September 26, 2003, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: Slick ]

Squirtcha?
09-25-2003, 09:00 AM
I've got a buddy bringing his blown flattie (Wild Bill aka sgdiv7) and possibly PowerTrip with his Kachina. I'm also gonna give Hotfish a call today since I don't think he knows about this deal yet, to see if he can bring out his Kachina.

skeepwerkzaz
09-25-2003, 09:46 AM
I'll be there with balls on! :D

TIMINATOR
09-25-2003, 08:58 PM
Looks like I can skip outta here early on Saturday, what time you all meeting up? If I get outta here by 11:00 I can be there by 12:30 or so. Is that cool? TIMINATOR

Squirtcha?
09-26-2003, 06:43 AM
Tim, that should work out fine. Some of the other guys won't be showing up til noon or a little after either. I'm hoping to head up around 9:00 am to arrive at 10:00 - 10:30. I've got four kids going with so everything takes longer for me.
Talked to PowerTrip last night and someone has a grip on his eggs (wife). I don't think he's gonna make it. Hotfish has to work and if he goes, it won't be til 1:00 pm or so.
Slick, here's a link to SRP's water levels. They post em every day. It lists Roosevelt, Apache, Canyon, Saguaro, and Bartlett.
SRP water levels (http://www.srpwater.com/dwr/)
[ September 26, 2003, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

Jordy
09-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Slick:
Jordy, where are you on this one? Loaded up and ready to go...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/22DSC00618.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/22DSC00620.JPG

F N Fast
09-26-2003, 09:43 AM
I'll be there, late morning launch at the Flats.
I'll have an easy up and a few chairs for hangin out. If we hang out elsewhere won't bother unloading that stuff.
Two weeks ago there wasn't any expose beach, lake still too high for that. Bartlet is really nice when it's around 35 to 40%, nice beaches then.
It's really cool when the lake is 98% and the no wake bouys at the north end are gone. There's a whole lot of lake up there noone sees due to the no wake bouys. Good area for speed runs! But not now.

Slick
09-26-2003, 10:01 AM
Updated Fo Sho's are:
Skeepwerkz (Clay) in ?
F N Fast (Steve) in ?
Timinator
Mike C
396_WAYS_TO_SPIT (Michael) (even though he said he was all over this like a duck on a June Bug)
Flat Nasty
newbie Mike
Jordy (working like a dog to make this one because he's too stuck up to ride in a slow boat unless he needs a tow, even then he insists on driving so it doesn't look like it's his boat that's broke)
[ September 26, 2003, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Slick ]

MikeC
09-26-2003, 10:18 AM
Slick:
Updated Fo Sho's are:
Skeepwerkz (Clay) in ?
F N Fast (Steve) in ?
Timinator
396_WAYS_TO_SPIT (Michael)
Flat Nasty
newbie Mike
MikeC is planning on being there,
BlackCanyon Wild Bill said he was going also,

Squirtcha?
09-26-2003, 10:26 AM
You know Michael aka 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT will be there cuz he said....
"Just look for the rooster and that will be me I am all over this event! You guys just let me know."
Glad to hear you're planning on going MikeC.

MikeC
09-26-2003, 10:46 AM
See ya there Dan.
[ September 26, 2003, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: MikeC ]

Jordy
09-26-2003, 12:56 PM
Slick:
Jordy (working like a dog to make this one because he's too stuck up to ride in a slow boat unless he needs a tow, even then he insists on driving so it doesn't look like it's his boat that's broke) You say that like it's a bad thing... :D :D :D
Besides, my boat isn't fast so don't get all that bullshit started in this thread. The little girls in the other thread have that part all covered up for ya already. :D

Squirtcha?
09-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Woah, almost didn't make it. Went to do the insurance start tonight and she just spun n spun. Checked the spark and nada. Checked to make sure my Mallory rollpin didn't self destruct by checking to see rotor was still spinning, nope not that either. Broke out the flukemeter and found low volts across the balast resistor and coil. Kept pluggin away and finally found a loose wire on the ignition switch. Wheeeew! I've been real lucky in that my boat hardly ever breaks. I'm not used to having to work on it..............Knock on genuine imitation simulated wood grain formica veneer.
Watch it'll get me tomorrow, now that I said that.
[ September 27, 2003, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

F N Fast
09-26-2003, 07:57 PM
I'll be on da road around 11 or 11:30, takes an hour to get there or so. See ya'll then.

Jordy
09-26-2003, 08:48 PM
Well, in the last 24 hours I've pulled the motor, replaced the flex-plate, changed the oil, put the motor back in, noticed a bulge in a valve cover, pulled it, found a rocker laying off to the side, ended up pulling the intake to reinstall a lifter, put the intake back on, tightened the offending rocker only to break a polylock, got one from my neighbor, made it work, fired the boat up and it runs, now I just have to wash the truck and the boat but other than that, I'll see ya at the lake in the AM. :D :D :D

fire on the water
09-26-2003, 09:42 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! Looks like its gonna be a good turn out. See everyone tomorrow!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
09-27-2003, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Squirtcha?:
You know Michael aka 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT will be there cuz he said....
"Just look for the rooster and that will be me I am all over this event! You guys just let me know."
Glad to hear you're planning on going MikeC. [/QUOTE
Sorry guys :( i couldnt make it. I have been working my ass off to pay off some bill before the coors light world finals and christmas comes up. if you guys are going to make another trip in the near future I will not miss it. i am so bummed out because I really wanted to go cry cry cry

Squirtcha?
09-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Sorry ya missed it Michael. It was a o.k. day. As soon as we pulled up to the lake road, there was a sign that said WAKEBOARD COMPETITION TODAY!
Crap.............. It turned out to be just some local guys and not a lot of em. They still managed to stir up the lake quite a bit though. Here's some pictures. I know it's not as good as making the trip but it'll give ya an idea. The lake was way busier than I thought it'd be and we got spread out. Jordy, Slick, Skeep and their bunch ended up about a half mile down the beach from our regular crew. They came down and hung out for a while and I thought they were all real cool. I hope we can hook up again when there's not a half mile of terra firma between the groups.
Slick n Jordy. Kinda funny those people on the beach weren't part of the group. They kinda got invaded with open header hotrods. Slick's dog was cool as hell. A couple scratches behind the ears (his not mine) and we were buds.
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/moreslicknjordy2.JPG
Timinator out running around
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/timinator.JPG
Da beach
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/yourstruly.JPG
Wild Bill's blown flattie
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/wildbill.JPG
Skeepwerkzaz and crew
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/skeep.JPG
Slick Jordy and Hotfish
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/moreslicknjordy3.JPG
MikeC had a bad day. Don't ask!
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/MikeC2.JPG
Giving her hell.
[ September 27, 2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

Squirtcha?
09-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Couple more.
Hotfish Kachina
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/Morehotfish.JPG
Hotfish pulling in late after a hard day on the job.
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/Hotfisharrival.JPG
SteveGB aka F N Fast
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/F_N_Fast_this_is_why.JPG
Here's his PSI blown eliminator
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/F_N_Fast.JPG
Fire on the water
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/firensquirt.JPG
O.K. this wasn't from today............It's PowerTrip's wife up at Powell, but she looks good.
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/PT1c.JPG
[ September 27, 2003, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

fire on the water
09-27-2003, 07:49 PM
Hey thanks for posting the pics! It was nice to meet everyone and connect the board name w/ a face. Lets plan something in the future!!!!!

Squirtcha?
09-27-2003, 08:10 PM
fire on the water:
Any Phoenix jet boaters interested in organizing a little get together at one of the lakes here in the Valley? Just something for a day, where we could meet others, get ideas, etc. Just a casual deal, not something as well planned as CBBB or an OP6C, just a day at the lake w/good people and bad ass boats :) . Can someone help post a pole for a date and what lakes? Just an idea. Thanks, Tyler Heck Tyler. You're kinda the one that instigated this whole deal. Keep on a instigating!
Man my head hurts though. I was out riding on Hotfish's longboard speed ski and ran into a couple of those wakeboard wakes about 3 feet high that were converging together in a v shape. Whacked my head on the tip of the ski when I not so gracefully wiped out.
[ September 27, 2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Squirtcha? ]

fourspeednup
09-27-2003, 08:28 PM
I wish I coulda gone too bad the boat is at my buddy's place on the river. I just moved here, is it warm enough in the winter to go out? If so I've got a 76 brendella jet that needs to get wet again.

F N Fast
09-27-2003, 09:24 PM
Great to see you guys today, even though I was late getting there. At least I showed. Better late than never.
Lake conditions weren't that great, but still a good time.

Squirtcha?
09-27-2003, 09:25 PM
Absolutely. January and February are real nice. Usually around 70-75 degrees. We just wear jeans, sweatshirts and sneakers.
Obviously you'll get some cooler days than that, but I'd say the 70+ degree thing is pretty typical.

fourspeednup
09-27-2003, 09:39 PM
That's cool, I know you just got back but are you planning any more trips like this? I need to escape from the college scene even if it's just for an afternoon. Too many abercrombie wannabees!

fire on the water
09-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Yeah we'll definitely be gettin' together more here once the weather cools.

Slick
09-29-2003, 08:03 AM
GREAT DAY!!!!
It was nice to finally meet Squirtcha and the rest of the AZ ***boaters. I have to say, Hotfish has the nicest boat I've seen in a long time. That thing is Cherry.
We had some issues later in the day. Money Shot kept shutting down on us. General concensus says it's a loose wire or short in the electrical system somewhere. So we'll try chasing some stuff and take her out for a quick spin this weekend. She's gotta be 100% for OP6.
Good Times
Slick

skeepwerkzaz
09-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Hey guys,
Good time! Nice to meet you all, some sweet ass boats. I have to agree that Hotfish's Katchina is a smooth ride, and that blown flattie was bitchin'. I wish I didn't still have this freakin oil leak, then I could have gotten on it. I'll have it solved one way or anothe for OP-6. See you there!,
Clay

TIMINATOR
10-02-2003, 06:43 AM
Skeep: I obviously have you mistaken for someone else. Who has the boat like yours, only lighter blue and has a narrow orange and yellow stripe around the deck? tunnelram too. TIMINATOR

skeepwerkzaz
10-02-2003, 08:43 AM
TIMMINATOR,
Am I missing something????? Sort of a mystery post that last one....
Clay

TIMINATOR
10-02-2003, 01:13 PM
No mystery,somebody followed me around most of the lake Saturday and wouldn't take no(I don't wanna race ya) for an answer. After about 5 MILES of him doing that, I stomped him. I was told erroneously that it was you. His boat is a few shades lighter blue than yours, and he has yellow and orange stripes where yours are only orange. Still don't know who it was...Whatever.... TIMINATOR :D

skeepwerkzaz
10-02-2003, 02:46 PM
I was in my boat heading for the dam full of peeps. Never been there before, and I think it was you in an Elim that came up on my left, (w/young man & lady) we got on it for all of about three seconds, and I had to let off because my girl was getting tossed. So I was in a boat, and I think that I did see you, but I wasn't (purposefully) trying to get you to race. I was simply wondering a. if that was you and b. what sort of speed you rig runs, looked damn fast. I do know a little more that trying to take my chances against an apparently well built tunnel :D

newbie Mike
10-02-2003, 05:09 PM
How did the meeting go? Sorry I couldn't be there Bet you guys had lots of fun. The Biesemeyer should be floatable in a couple of weeks, still lots of things that need to be done, and lots that I would like to do, if money weren't an object. But I will keep plugging away.
Let me know when the next meeting is I will do what I can to attend. I want to meet everyone and gather as much information as possible, I sure need ideas :) :cool: :cool:

TIMINATOR
10-03-2003, 07:38 AM
See post on your impeller questions for speed info. There was another boat that looks like yours that was trying to run earlier,but I think a little lighter blue with similar stripes, I AM SOOOOO CONFUSED!!! Thanx for the kind words, it's got a nice motor but the pump and hull are stock, and in the stock position. That will change over the winter. TIMINATOR :D :D :D

Betty Boop 049 World Champion Race Boat
10-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Hey my names AL i drive the betty boop boat i am looking for information this weekend about bartlet lake.

MUDBUNNY
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Check Bartlett Roll Call Thread - Bartlett Lake - Staurday Oct.6,2007. S.b Cove Or The Flats.