PDA

View Full Version : NJBA season Opener..Who's gonna be there?

Cs19
03-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Since its March I think we should start an official thread.
whos coming out to spectate?
whos coming out to participate?
Ive got a Stark Naked T-shirt and a cold refreshment for anyone that comes by the pit.
CS

MikeF
03-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Want to go but have a family gig to go to. Oh well, Have Fun and cut a good light! :boxed:

BUSBY
03-01-2006, 09:19 PM
you know I'll be there!

steelcomp
03-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Still don't know if the boat will be ready, but I'll be there as usual. That's fo sho. :D

BAE_557
03-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Hey Chris,
Spectating, XXL T-Shirt, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

77charger
03-01-2006, 09:51 PM
We plan on being there too.

77charger
03-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Hey Chris,
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
good choice of beer cs make that 2 beers i'll pass on the shirt in exchange for a 2nd beer.

Cs19
03-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey Chris,
Spectating, XXL T-Shirt, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
you got it.
Ive been known to have some sierra in the cooler. :)

Not Twice
03-01-2006, 10:02 PM
The kid and I will be there on Sunday.

Squirtin Thunder
03-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Now that will be a cool shirt to have.
CBR will be there !!! :cool:

RCB19
03-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Planning on participate. :crossx: Boats very close to ready. Still have a couple loose ends to tie up and need equipment to pass tech. Do I need a current physical to run RR class? If all else fails...Spectate.

Cs19
03-02-2006, 07:06 AM
no physical for RR, but you do have to get your oil checked in the pits before you can race. I think Nelson has volunteered to do the oil checks.
:( :squiggle: :jawdrop:
j/k.

wsuwrhr
03-02-2006, 07:25 AM
no physical for RR, but you do have to get your oil checked in the pits before you can race. I think Nelson has volunteered to do the oil checks.
j/k.
????

Cs19
03-02-2006, 07:32 AM
inside joke brian..
the physicals that are required to go boat racing are kinda "involved".

BarryMac
03-02-2006, 07:37 AM
Ive got a Stark Naked T-shirt and a cold refreshment for anyone that comes by the pit.
CS
Is this the race in Bakersfield? I have always wanted to check them out. Can I get some more details please???

Cs19
03-02-2006, 07:54 AM
yes bakersfield,ca.
www.njbaracing.net

Some Kind Of Monster
03-02-2006, 08:06 AM
I wish I could make it out there.. When are you guys coming back to Phoenix??

screamdreambrad
03-02-2006, 08:49 AM
we'll be there, it's alive and bad ass if i may say so! :crossx:

billet racing
03-02-2006, 09:12 AM
I'll be there, spectating and helping with Mike Harris.
Promised the wife I'd do some changes on the house before I race again. Might be the quickest honey do list ever.
Jerry

RCB19
03-02-2006, 09:27 AM
j/k.
So thats why he runs around claiming Marvin Cockswell is his number one sponsor? :confused:

Willis
03-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Planning on participate. :crossx: Boats very close to ready. Still have a couple loose ends to tie up and need equipment to pass tech. Do I need a current physical to run RR class? If all else fails...Spectate.
March 2, 2006
Hello People,
Just a reminder for our new racers, click this link and more info will be there
:messedup:
http://www.njbaracing.net/river_racer.php
Willis

Willis
03-02-2006, 10:36 AM
we'll be there, it's alive and bad ass if i may say so! :crossx:
Brad,
Did Ed get the Hydro Together?
Willis

Oldsquirt
03-02-2006, 11:34 AM
I plan to be there. I'll be the older guy sitting in the beach chair in the shade near the concession stands.....except if I get thirsty....then I'll have to hike on down to CS19's pit :D

OneFastOne164
03-02-2006, 11:56 AM
I too will be there with my lady and all I can say to my friends that know my lady LOOK OUT SHE IS PISSED OFF AT ME RIGHT NOW AND YOU ALL KNOW HOW SHE GETS...
I will be out there to kick some ass.......

flattie440
03-02-2006, 03:03 PM
will be there with the new boat 440 :rollside: lookin to make robert our bitch :boxed:

garret
03-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I will be there helping out so if anybody is short handed I will be there to help out

NELSON#109
03-02-2006, 04:35 PM
j/k.
thats right folks, stop by and see the DR. chris you fag, better save the fat kid a shirt... my old stark naked shirt is on it's last leg. ill see you there. but no boat. beat it, nelson#109

77charger
03-02-2006, 04:43 PM
thats right folks, stop by and see the DR. chris you fag, better save the fat kid a shirt... my old stark naked shirt is on it's last leg. ill see you there. but no boat. beat it, nelson#109
I heard just dont go to nelsons DR.

77charger
03-02-2006, 04:50 PM
will be there with the new boat 440 :rollside: lookin to make robert our bitch :boxed:
dont whine when my gas motored non blown,non nitroused 500 inch motored flat whoops your blown alky flat.
You guys ready yet?We get new boat next week white one is already to go

screamdreambrad
03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
Brad,
Did Ed get the Hydro Together?
Willis yesir!

Willis
03-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Brad,
Are you in two categories with the Jet? and The Hydro too?
Willis

screamdreambrad
03-02-2006, 06:04 PM
no,just the hydro. ed's daytona is sold and gone,& mine is a two seat pussy chaser now! :)

Willis
03-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Brad,
That's going be a whole new ride!!!
Be safe
"Watch the Lights"
Se Ya out there :rollside:
Willis

bp
03-02-2006, 06:16 PM
no,just the hydro. ed's daytona is sold and gone,& mine is a two seat pussy chaser now! :)
and please try to make sure left is left and right is right? hard to see from under that glass HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :p

mares98
03-02-2006, 07:07 PM
CS Providing my headers are ready, I may give r.r. another shot.

flattie440
03-02-2006, 07:09 PM
dont whine when my gas motored non blown,non nitroused 500 inch motored flat whoops your blown alky flat.
You guys ready yet?We get new boat next week white one is already to go
were about 95% there just waiting on lenco for the drive shaft...are u going to make the first pass in the boat or what?

77charger
03-02-2006, 07:23 PM
were about 95% there just waiting on lenco for the drive shaft...are u going to make the first pass in the boat or what?
Same here waiting on the lenco it was to arrive mon at joey groses.Tony scarlata has driven it so far and it moves but lenco clutch broke.He will most likely take the first pass in it make sure all is good then i will have a shot at it but not a full pass at first need to get a feel for the boat and there is no room for error anything weird i shut down thats it.Probably going to be learnin weekend for me so it i am ready for phx.
The white boat will be makin some good passes though.Got to see how the NOS works. :)

boater012
03-02-2006, 07:31 PM
I f any one needs elp in the pits give me a shout on my cell and page me with *611 and ill call ya right back 1-310-283-0564. Jim ill swing by and see you if I make it out! my g/f is trying to figure out if she wants to sit on the sidelines and watch me work on peoples boats all day (thats code for drink beer ~n~ hoot and holler). il cme get a shirt and a beer! large shirt please!

screamdreambrad
03-03-2006, 07:44 AM
and please try to make sure left is left and right is right? hard to see from under that glass HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :p
i'll never live that upside down rack down will i bob :rolleyes:

BAE_557
03-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey Chris,
Do you know if Jeff B is going to be at the race?
-William

Bense468
03-03-2006, 12:09 PM
I WILL BE THERE FAG.
YOU CAN KEEP YOUR SHITTY SHIRT. :D

Bense468
03-03-2006, 12:10 PM
I Will Take A Shirt From Brad Though ; )

Bottle Fed
03-03-2006, 06:02 PM
I will at the race as usual, shootin pics of you guys havin fun. I will have several of the new Tom Papp Racing calendars with me too. They came out really good this year. See ya all up there.

robertm
03-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Might make it out there. If not would like to make the next race.

Bobbo541
03-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey Chris I will be there with a new motor from Joey Grose should be Bad Ass.

77charger
03-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey Chris I will be there with a new motor from Joey Grose should be Bad Ass.
I bet it will what class you runnin?
:)

flattie440
03-03-2006, 08:29 PM
you going to run two classes robert?

77charger
03-03-2006, 08:42 PM
you going to run two classes robert?
Just one so far want to concentrate on 8.00 but probably going to be more like learn to drive the boat weekend.Might do 2 just to get more seat time we want to be ready for phx so more seat time better for me it will be pro gas flat capable though too.

bp
03-03-2006, 08:42 PM
i'll never live that upside down rack down will i bob :rolleyes:
doubtful brad, very doubtful... :cool: we'll be talkin about that 20 years from now..

Bobbo541
03-05-2006, 12:40 PM
I will be running comp flat and an 8 sec bracket.

bp
03-05-2006, 04:27 PM
that 8 bracket ought to be interesting this year. be careful bob! :cool:

sofa king smooth
03-05-2006, 04:48 PM
I'll be there,looking forward to a good year.

bp
03-05-2006, 09:04 PM
I'll be there,looking forward to a good year.
yeah, i imagine somebody'll be lookin for ya... :cool:

Cs19
03-05-2006, 09:09 PM
yep,there is probably more than one guy looking for some payback. sofa made quite the statement at his first race..
:)

Mrs.Racer277
03-05-2006, 09:13 PM
CS
See you there. :)

Cs19
03-05-2006, 09:16 PM
cool.
stop by the pit if you get a chance, got a question for you guys. :)
Is lance coming up?

Mrs.Racer277
03-05-2006, 09:18 PM
cool.
stop by the pit if you get a chance, got a question for you guys. :)
Is lance coming up?
We will stop by for sure.
I sure hope so or the boat will not be there. :rolleyes: :)
Lance we are going right?????? (Lurker) :) :)

Cs19
03-05-2006, 09:26 PM
Lance we are going right?????? (Lurker) :) :)
LOL, he needs to quit lurking already and start posting. :)

sofa king smooth
03-06-2006, 08:15 AM
I hope there lookin cause i'm lookin to. Been tweaken on the ride quite a bit,should run real good. Good luck to all.

pce680
03-07-2006, 07:30 PM
that 8 bracket ought to be interesting this year. be careful bob! :cool:
Yea...The purse is $1650 to WIN / $850 to RU at Firebird.To bad it is not a co/sanctioned race like CF has proposed to the NJBA.The NJBA racers would have a chance to WIN some CASH. Ron :argue:

Jim Brock
03-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Ron what is the date for firebird

77charger
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Ron what is the date for firebird
jim it is 4/27-4/30.
We plan on makin it for the p/e bracket also

bp
03-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Yea...The purse is $1650 to WIN / $850 to RU at Firebird.To bad it is not a co/sanctioned race like CF has proposed to the NJBA.The NJBA racers would have a chance to WIN some CASH. Ron :argue:
me is 1150 :)

BUSBY
03-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Ron ... I have spoken to Charlie at lentgh since you and I spoke at the board meeting ... NJBA members wouldn't win cash from IHBA unless they joined IHBA ... only IHBA members would. I'll tell you about what CF & I spoke about if you are coming to our first race.
BB

pce680
03-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Ron ... I have spoken to Charlie at lentgh since you and I spoke at the board meeting ... NJBA members wouldn't win cash from IHBA unless they joined IHBA ... only IHBA members would. I'll tell you about what CF & I spoke about if you are coming to our first race.
BB
Brian...There appears to be some confusion on this issue.If the race was co/sanctioned like IHBA/NJBA ,either membership would be honored to race.
1.If you WIN or RU ,yor receive the purse and the contingency money or product.It does NOT matter what membership you have.The purse doesn't come from the IHBA,it comes from the promoter.The contingency comes from the product sponsors.
2.You only receive points with the club you are a member of.
3.You only receive Records with the club you are a member of.
This is how it has worked in the past with IHBA/SDBA and IHBA/CDBA races
and also how it will work with the IHBA/CDBA races this year.
I have spoken with CF this morning and he has confirmed this.Please call him.
Co/Points races would be great for everyone involved.I'll see ya at Bakersfield. Thanks , Ron :cool:

BUSBY
03-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Brain...There appears to be some confusion on this issue.If the race was co/sanctioned like IHBA/NJBA either membership would be honored to race.
1.If you WIN or RU ,yor receive the purse and the contingency money or product.It does NOT matter what membership you have.The purse doesn't come from the IHBA,it comes from the promoter.The contingency comes from the product sponsors.
2.You only receive points with the club you are a member of.
3.You only receive Records with the club you are a member of.
This is how it has worked in the past with IHBA/SDBA and IHBA/CDBA races
and also how it will work with the IHBA/CDBA races this year.
I have spoken with CF this morning and he has confirmed this.Please call him.
Co/Points races would be great for everyone involved.I'll see ya at Bakersfield. Thanks , Ron :cool:
I invited Charlie to come and meet with us at our Sept. rules change meeting. He said he would see if he could make it when the time comes.
As you know, all changes to our club would need to be approved by the majority of the club members ... if CF & NJBA can come to an agreement during the Sept. meeting, it will go to vote for the members to decide. Until then, it's all wishful thinking.
I'll see you next weekend if your coming ...
Brian

bp
03-09-2006, 07:36 PM
Brain...There appears to be some confusion on this issue.If the race was co/sanctioned like IHBA/NJBA either membership would be honored to race.
ron, from looking at the new "liquid quarter mile" sporstman edition that just arrived today, it looks like there are two new cash contingency sponsors; dart and jesel. these two, in addition to msd, would add 400 to the winners purse for pe, te, me, se, and it looks like 150 for the runner up. also looks like jet hot is including a 150 product contingency.
the way this is presented, there are two charts; one for the sportsman racers at national events, and one for the sportsman racers at divisional events. so, correct me here, if an ihba member wins, say, the oregon race and meets the contingency requirements, they are awarded those contingencys?

screamdreambrad
03-09-2006, 08:25 PM
the way this is presented, there are two charts; one for the sportsman racers at national events, and one for the sportsman racers at divisional events. so, correct me here, if an ihba member wins, say, the oregon race and meets the contingency requirements, they are awarded those contingencys?[/QUOTE]
that's the way it works bob. when i won in oregon 04 paid contingency only cause they race for points and trophys/ at the co races contingencies are also awarded.

pce680
03-09-2006, 08:51 PM
ron, from looking at the new "liquid quarter mile" sporstman edition that just arrived today, it looks like there are two new cash contingency sponsors; dart and jesel. these two, in addition to msd, would add 400 to the winners purse for pe, te, me, se, and it looks like 150 for the runner up. also looks like jet hot is including a 150 product contingency.
the way this is presented, there are two charts; one for the sportsman racers at national events, and one for the sportsman racers at divisional events. so, correct me here, if an ihba member wins, say, the oregon race and meets the contingency requirements, they are awarded those contingencys?
YES.You get all contingency's that you are due at a divisional race like in Oregon or Bakersfield if it was to be a Co/Points IHBA/NJBA race. Ron :cool:
PS..This year,Dart,Jesel and MSD pay $ CASH. Its lookin better thanks to Charlie.

Cs19
03-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Only a week away!!
Any new river racers coming out?
All you guys in 9.0 class best be on your toes, stark naked is comin' out swingin' and will be taking the BIG points home. :)
watch the lights.

77charger
03-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Only a week away!!
Any new river racers coming out?
All you guys in 9.0 class best be on your toes, stark naked is comin' out swingin' and will be taking the BIG points home. :)
watch the lights.
going to have to get past the hot damn hondo first!Its on squeze also if needed.And new driver aint to bad either. :D

Bobbo541
03-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I just found out i wont be at the first race. Good luck to you guys cs19 and 77 charger it sucks but i will be at the april race.Bp good luck to you also.

Cs19
03-10-2006, 08:20 PM
77, the flats are easy pickin's in the 9.0s, its that damn 019 boat thats hard to get past. :) j/k. :) So, whos driving that 9 sec. flat?
Bobbo, sorry to hear you cannot make it, catch ya at the next one.
Anyone know when the deadline for pre-registration is?

77charger
03-10-2006, 08:28 PM
77, the flats are easy pickin's in the 9.0s, its that damn 019 boat thats hard to get past. :) j/k. :) So, whos driving that 9 sec. flat?
A friend of my boss boat looks really good.Mine is on its way down right now i might get to see it tonight.If not i'll be at the shop cleaning it and getting trailer loaded and ready.Jim is headed out thursday i'll get there early sat mornin

sdpm
03-10-2006, 08:47 PM
going to have to get past the hot damn hondo first!Its on squeze also if needed.And new driver aint to bad either. :D
I didn't think you could run NOS in a bracket class?

77charger
03-10-2006, 08:59 PM
I didn't think you could run NOS in a bracket class?
that rule has been dropped as well as the sandbaggin rule.Might make things more interesting.
Since we are 1 week away anyone using nitrous and needing refills at the track.We will have a fill station there wont be any signs you will have to find me for it.I have to keep it this way as far as rules are concerned

bp
03-10-2006, 09:08 PM
I just found out i wont be at the first race. Good luck to you guys cs19 and 77 charger it sucks but i will be at the april race.Bp good luck to you also.
sorry to hear that bob. see ya next time! maybe it won't be rainin' and windy :cool:
deadline for pre registration was yesterday :D ( i dunno, i think it's one week before?).
neil, don't think so much!

Cs19
03-10-2006, 09:48 PM
looks like im registering at the track then.. :)
weather guy said after this storm blows through there isnt any more storms behind it...Hopefully this cool air sticks around though.

Bense468
03-10-2006, 09:54 PM
looks like im registering at the track then.. :)
weather guy said after this storm blows through there isnt any more storms behind it...Hopefully this cool air sticks around though.
Yeah just enough for the races...then I hope it warms up. I am ready for the river man. Cold is getting old. Came out of dinner tonight and actually had some snow on the car.
See ya up at ming Chris.

sdpm
03-11-2006, 07:10 AM
sorry to hear that bob. see ya next time! maybe it won't be rainin' and windy :cool:
deadline for pre registration was yesterday :D ( i dunno, i think it's one week before?).
neil, don't think so much!
Your right Bob. See what happens when I try!

bp
03-11-2006, 07:11 AM
ahh, it'll be fine. maybe a little gray on sat, then ok on sunday. personnally, i'm getting real tired of cold air and cold weather, and would really like to have some heat for a change. nuthin' to look at at the track with the wimmin all dressed up like eskimos.. :cry:

sdpm
03-11-2006, 07:15 AM
Your talking about your wife RIGHT! Because I know you don't look at anything else! RIGHT! :argue:
" what are you looking at? nothing HONEY"

bp
03-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Your talking about your wife RIGHT! Because I know you don't look at anything else! RIGHT! :argue:
" what are you looking at? nothing HONEY"
absolutely. what else could i have possibly meant? :rollside:

77charger
03-11-2006, 02:06 PM
i'll be drivin this thing.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/15mar06_073.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
03-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I am out, do to my D.O.T. certificate not meeting the NJBA club qualifications.
F.A.A. is not in the budjet this month.

Bt273
03-11-2006, 07:17 PM
i'll be drivin this thing.
Thats a Ron Grose hull,is it not?

77charger
03-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Thats a Ron Grose hull,is it not?
you have a good eye.Yes it is it is joeys old boat we had him drop our motor in it.Those guys are amzing what they can do lot of nice hardware and anodizing.

Cs19
03-12-2006, 03:55 PM
thats a bad dude right there Robert, your a lucky guy to have that opportunity...

flattie440
03-12-2006, 04:33 PM
hey robert nice trailer :rollside: looks good man are you starting to get scared yet...i know i would :220v:

SCRINC
03-13-2006, 09:06 AM
thats a bad dude right there Robert, your a lucky guy to have that opportunity...
That scope looks like crap... But who asked me?... Whos going to drive this rig... Whats it going to run..

SCRINC
03-13-2006, 09:17 AM
That scope looks like crap... But who asked me?... Whos going to drive this rig... Whats it going to run..
SCOOP looks like poop!!