PDA

View Full Version : SS Class Rumor

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Is it true that the engine rules have recently changed in Superstock? I'm hearing only chevrolets allowed! I really hope this isn't true....

stickmann
10-27-2007, 04:04 PM
They should call the class Stock Chevrolet Runabout; it certainly is not Super Stock.
The engine rules for Ford and Chrysler have been in effect for 35+ years. Inspectors probably have not seen the inside of an FE Ford or Chrysler Hemi in their short lives. It's the same homogenized thinking that makes the UL boats run their anemic, strictly, Chevrolet engines.
From the APBA Sept 2007 Propeller website
http://www.apba-racing.com/apps/propeller/index.php?Article=Inboard+Racing+
The following Super Stock Rules have been approved, effective November 1, 2007.
Rule 53 SUPER STOCK CLASS
Super Stock is an inboard runabout class governed by the inboard runabout class rules and the general inboard technical rules for stock classes (found else where in this book).
53.1 Minimum hull length shall be 16 feet long, beam 72 inches wide.
53.2 Hull Configuration
53.2.1 Driving cockpit must seat one person (minimum) and the seat(s) must be forward of the engine.
53.2.2 Engines must be mounted rear of amidships and drive forward through a V-drive.
53.2.3 The driveline or shaft must be covered with either 1/8” steel or 1/4” aluminum.
53.3 Adjustable cavitation plates are allowed, with stops to limit up and down movement. These plates shall be at the rear of the boat.
53.4 It is mandatory that a prop shaft release (i.e. Whirlaway) is utilized.
53.5 The Super Stock class will use a power plant based on the 427 cu. in. big block Chevrolet engine originally produced in the late 1960s. The use of small block engines is not allowed.
53.5.1 The current direction for the SS class is to move away from the 427 Ford and the 426 Chrysler based engines. However, if a participant feels strongly about using these engines, contact the Technical Chairman to initiate development of acceptable engine rules.
53.5.2 All parts used shall be stock as furnished by the engine manufacturer except as noted: fuel pump, exhaust manifold, flywheel, oil pan, camshaft, valve covers, timing chain, timing chain cover, air scoop velocity stack, spark plugs, coils, condenser, cam bearing, rod bearings, main bearings, oil filter, gaskets, harmonic balancer and starter. All stock replacement parts used must conform to the engine manufacturer’s equipment specifications, and be listed in a parts manual for that engine. However, parts for different years or models may be mixed regardless of model year, provided they are available through normal dealer channels (See specifications below). Titanium parts are strictly prohibited, the only exception being valve spring retainers.
53.5.3 There shall be no modifications allowed on Super Stock engines other than those detailed below and elsewhere in these rules. The following automobile parts may be removed: Fuel pump, exhaust manifolds, water pump, thermostat, vacuum spark controls, choke, shutters, and shafts, bell housing, generator or alternators, and supporting items such as braces, controls and gaskets for same.
53.6 Block Assembly. Any cast iron, short deck GM block, Dart Block part #31273344, or Merlin Block part #081100 may be used. Bore spacing: 4.840” +/- .005” – Nominal Deck Height: 9.800” (reference) measured from crankshaft centerline. Any cast iron or steel main caps may be used. Blocks may be modified to facilitate their use.
53.7 Bore and Stroke. 4.318 max. x 3.766 max. Deck Height: 0.005” above deck maximum.
53.8 Crankshaft. Any stock, or stock replacement, steel crankshaft produced for the 427 Chevrolet engine with a stroke of 3.766” max. Journals may be cross drilled, chromed, or nitrided. Minimum journal diameters; mains - 2.712”, rods - 2.162”. Counterweights must remain full diameter and thickness, with no knife edging or contouring.
53.9 Pistons. Must be stock pistons, GM #3959105 or #3888342, TRW #L2308AF or #L2239NF, Speed Pro #7041PA or #7011P. Fly cutting permitted for valve relief and decking only. Machine surfaces may be deburred.
-OR-
Pistons: GM Head: JE#267207 (.030), JE #267208 (.060), Dart Head: JE #262808 (Std.), JE #262809 (.030) or JE #265366 (.060) with the APBA logo embossed on piston may be used. No modifications may be made to the piston except for balancing. Only the JE supplied wrist pin #990-2930-15-515 may be used. No modifications to the wrist pins are allowed.
Beginning November 1, 2008 the piston rule will read:
53.9 Pistons. GM Head: JE#267207 (.030), JE #267208 (.060), Dart Head: JE #262808 (Std.), JE #262809 (.030), or JE #265366 (.060) with the APBA logo embossed on piston may be used. No modifications may be made to the piston except for balancing. Only the JE supplied wrist pin #990-2930-15-515 may be used. No modifications to the wrist pins are allowed.
53.10 Connecting Rods. Any stock OEM or steel aftermarket rod may be used. It may be ground, polished, bushed and shot peened. Oil holes in the small end of the connecting rod may be added. Rod length = 6.135 +/- 0.010.
53.11 Balancing of rotating and reciprocating parts are permitted as per stock class rules.
53.12 Cylinder Heads. Only the following are allowed:
Chevrolet Part #3946072 with casting #3946074
Chevrolet Part #12363408 with casting #12363401
Chevrolet Part #14011076 with casting #14011077
Chevrolet Part #6260482 with casting #14096188 or 6272990
Chevrolet Gen V head Part #14096802 with casting #14097088
Dart Part #19100070
Minimum Combustion Chamber Volume 116.80cc
No modifications to the head or valve seat. The head may be machined for PC seals and valve springs. Head studs are permitted. No internal porting, polishing, or abrasive cleaning is permitted. When repairing damaged heads, no more than two (2) chambers per head may be repaired and must meet original stock specifications. The repair cannot continue any further than 1/2 inch into the port above seat. Cylinder heads may be flat milled in order to achieve allowable combustion chamber volume. Angle cutting is not permitted. Three angle valve jobs permitted.
53.13 Camshaft and Valve Train
53.13.1 Camshafts. Any non-roller type camshaft may be used. Any follower constructed entirely of steel except roller type may be used, but cam face diameter must be of stock dimension. No hard faced cams are permitted. Lifter diameter is (.842 ± .003). Lifter face may not have more than .010 convex shape. No mushroom lifters allowed.
53.13.2 Timing Chain. Any timing chain and sprocket is permitted. Gear, belt, or variable drives are not permitted.
53.13.3 Valves. Intake valve: 2.200” max.; Exhaust valve: 1.890” maximum. Titanium, hollow stem, or sodium filled valves are not permitted. Minimum valve stem diameter: 0.366” (3/8). One angle (45 degrees) only permitted on valve.
53.13.4 Valve Springs. Any valve spring, valve spring spacer washer, valve spring retainer, and push rods may be used.
53.13.5 Rocker Arms. Any stamped steel rocker w/ball, or stud mounted roller rocker may be used providing no changes are made to the method and location of attachment. Shaft mounted rockers are permitted
53.13.6 Adjusting Nut. Any adjusting lock or posi-lock permitted. Stud Girdles are permitted.
53.14 Intake Manifold. GM part #3933163 or 6269318 only. Internal porting, polishing, or abrasive cleaning is not permitted. The plenum divider may be modified but must remain no more than .190” from the top of the manifold. The opening or notch in the plenum divider must not be larger than 2.250” wide x .2.375” deep.
53.14.1 In an attempt to balance competition and add incentive to implement the capsule requirement, a Dart manifold, Part No. 41114000, will be legal for all SS runabouts with restraint capsules installed.
53.15 Carburetor. Any American made carburetor having 4 venturis. The carburetor throttle plate shall have no more than four holes. If throttle bore restrictors are used there shall be no more than one per hole and must be located in the throttle plate area. Those holes shall be no larger than 1 11/16” (1.693”) inside diameter. A wedge, spacer, adapter, bracket, gasket(s) or any combination thereof shall be permitted. Maximum distance allowed between the carburetor and intake as measured at the thin edge of the opening(s) is 1.500”.
53.16 Fuel System. Any fuel pump may be used. Fuel is restricted to gasoline per Inboard rules.
53.17 Ignition. Any distributor that fits in the conventional manner is permitted. A battery powered ignition must be used. Devices reading directly from the crankshaft are not allowed. No multi-spark ignition systems may be used.
53.18 Exhaust. Any exhaust pipes or headers may be used, provided that there is no change in the place or method of attaching to the cylinder head.
53.19 Lubrication System. Any wet sump pan and internal oil pump mounted in the stock location. No dry sump oil systems allowed. Crank wipers, windage trays and oil coolers are allowed. The use of externally mounted, mechanically driven, vacuum pumps is not allowed. Plugs may be used to restrict the flow of oil to the rocker arms.
53.20 Gaskets. Any gaskets may be used.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-27-2007, 09:45 PM
I don't get it....:(

Moneypitt
10-27-2007, 10:41 PM
Jerry, I think it involves the revised rules and the parts and pieces dictated for the BBC. The other engines, Ford FE, Chryslers etc. have not had these improved parts and pieces noted by the rules committee. If you choose to run a 427 FE Ford you would need to establish the same type aftermarket parts choices allowed. Example: What intake is legal for a 427 Ford? Or aftermarket piston? etc etc....Same for the chizzlers........Just my .02....Ray

dmontzsta
10-27-2007, 11:13 PM
It seems like it has been that way forever, as heavily favored the chevys are in the class.
I would still love to see a 385 series compete, which is MUCH different than any FE.

Moneypitt
10-28-2007, 07:42 AM
It seems like it has been that way forever, as heavily favored the chevys are in the class.
I would still love to see a 385 series compete, which is MUCH different than any FE.
Seems like a 429 could find a nitch in SS.......I don't recall any real racing success with the 385 seies, nothing like the FEs of the 60s. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, I just don't know of it.....Boss 429? I know very little about that engine, but hey, maybe 4 decades of BBCs leading the way could be turned around......Doubtful, but maybe..........MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-28-2007, 08:08 AM
Jerry, I think it involves the revised rules and the parts and pieces dictated for the BBC. The other engines, Ford FE, Chryslers etc. have not had these improved parts and pieces noted by the rules committee. If you choose to run a 427 FE Ford you would need to establish the same type aftermarket parts choices allowed. Example: What intake is legal for a 427 Ford? Or aftermarket piston? etc etc....Same for the chizzlers........Just my .02....Ray
Do you mean the JE pistons and Dart heads? You could find an equivilant for the others... It was really cool to see the Hemi running in Burley and I was hoping someone would bring back a Ford someday.
IMO the new rule is garbage.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/normal_DSC02059.JPG

dmontzsta
10-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Seems like a 429 could find a nitch in SS.......I don't recall any real racing success with the 385 seies, nothing like the FEs of the 60s. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, I just don't know of it.....Boss 429? I know very little about that engine, but hey, maybe 4 decades of BBCs leading the way could be turned around......Doubtful, but maybe..........MP
Originally I was thinking of doing this, but the 385 is just not a legal engine. I was really into it, a 429 could be built to the 427 specs and still compete, with even more low-mid range, which would help coming out of the turns. I turned away from the idea, since my hull is not the lightest and I do not feel I could make a commitment to racing with everything I have going on. So my motor is now bigger inches, but I am still using the forged 429 truck crank.
Someone WILL put together a "spec legal" 429 just to show some numbers, even though the 385 is not "legal".
I understand the chevy's are allowed to run Dart Heads which is a "factory replacement". If that were the case and the 385 were a spec legal engine, you could pitch the heavy set of SCJ heads and slap on a set of alluminum SCJ heads, which are basically a remake with a couple of production changes. They are offered by Ford Motorsports as well.

LakesOnly
10-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, well, well, if this doesn't have "Spec Class" written all over it.
Good thing there's the Pro Stock class, and let's hope Pro Stock remains "anything goes under 500" NA."
LO

MAXIMUS
10-29-2007, 05:16 AM
Originally I was thinking of doing this, but the 385 is just not a legal engine. I was really into it, a 429 could be built to the 427 specs and still compete, with even more low-mid range, which would help coming out of the turns. I turned away from the idea, since my hull is not the lightest and I do not feel I could make a commitment to racing with everything I have going on. So my motor is now bigger inches, but I am still using the forged 429 truck crank.
Someone WILL put together a "spec legal" 429 just to show some numbers, even though the 385 is not "legal".
I understand the chevy's are allowed to run Dart Heads which is a "factory replacement". If that were the case and the 385 were a spec legal engine, you could pitch the heavy set of SCJ heads and slap on a set of alluminum SCJ heads, which are basically a remake with a couple of production changes. They are offered by Ford Motorsports as well.
Why would you go & put a 429 SCJ sled in a race boat??? You would be better off with one of U.T.s strap ons...:rolleyes:

dmontzsta
10-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Why would you go & put a 429 SCJ sled in a race boat??? You would be better off with one of U.T.s strap ons...:rolleyes:
Not a true SCJ. geez. :rolleyes:
FORD HATER! :devil:

the real k-boat king
10-29-2007, 02:29 PM
jerry you should know the problems there is with finding parts for the way the rules used to be written, gm doesn't make any of the parts that were in the rule book, that's why we went to the aftermarket parts, as far as the ford or chrysler the rules haven't been updated since the 60's. plus it is very difficult for the inspectors to be checking all these different engines, it's not fun when your there sunday night tearing down your engine tilll midnight looking for different engine rules, if any body was a long beach you would of saw what the rankin crew went through, most of you never have. as far as beeing stock, how do you make something stock when the parts aren't avalable any more, times change you half to make changes, pro stock you can run any engine you want.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-29-2007, 03:53 PM
jerry you should know the problems there is with finding parts for the way the rules used to be written, gm doesn't make any of the parts that were in the rule book, that's why we went to the aftermarket parts, as far as the ford or chrysler the rules haven't been updated since the 60's. plus it is very difficult for the inspectors to be checking all these different engines, it's not fun when your there sunday night tearing down your engine tilll midnight looking for different engine rules, if any body was a long beach you would of saw what the rankin crew went through, most of you never have. as far as beeing stock, how do you make something stock when the parts aren't avalable any more, times change you half to make changes, pro stock you can run any engine you want.
I'm not against the Dart or JE aftermarket parts (even though I'd rather see teams resorting to 990 or 291 castings when the 074's ran out). I am against eliminating other engine makes.
I don't see why someone shouldn't be allowed to run a 429 Ford (even though the original SS rules pre-dated that engine), or any other passenger car engine not exceeding the CID limit. IMO that is how SS is supposed to be.
Instead of making it an all chevy class I think you owe it to the founding fathers of the class to update the rulebook.
Somebody might deduce that this rule was put in place out of utter Fear of Fitzy's Hemi.:jawdrop: :D

dmontzsta
10-29-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm not against the Dart or JE aftermarket parts (even though I'd rather see teams resorting to 990 or 291 castings when the 074's ran out). I am against eliminating other engine makes.
I don't see why someone shouldn't be allowed to run a 429 Ford (even though the original SS rules pre-dated that engine), or any other passenger car engine not exceeding the CID limit. IMO that is how SS is supposed to be.
I am starting to like you.
I think adding a 429 Ford to the mix would be exciting for the SS class. I have talked to a few racers who would love to run a Ford, but it is a bit of a disadvantage with the FE against a chevy. You have to dump some coin into the FE to get power and it doesn't make sense for racing anymore.
But then again, I dont know if the chevy guys would like having a Ford 429 stirring the pot up a bit. :)

LakesOnly
10-29-2007, 04:42 PM
So far, no-one has posted the reason as to why the officials made these changes. Shedding light as to the reasoning behind the changes might offer some further insight and/or justify the rules changes.
So far in this thread, we have only speculated. That being said, my speculations/replies are: If this was done so as to create a Spec Class, then they should have created an entirely new spec class. Why? Because spec classes are usually formed to keep racing costs down and to attract newcomers to the sport/keep particiation growing. IF that was the reasoning, then do it with a funkin' SBC. SBC Spec Class: cheap parts, plentiful parts, low hp entry level class for gaining seat time and experience driving in traffic. Don't kill the historical SS class.
If this was done to update the class due to engine parts being hard to find, then update the engine options in the interest of parts availability. Ford's 429/460 offerings are the same platform as BBC 427/454 offerings (the only difference in both engines basically being the stroke and piston pin location). Plenty of parts are available for both engines. Add the 440 wedge to the 426 hemi, and suddenly there are plenty of MoPars to get involved. Motorsports racing originated as much over manufacturers battling it out as it is driver's battling it out. (Ever hear the following: "win on Sunday, sell on Monday," or, "(not driver Petty, but instead) Look at that car 43 go!", or, "This year they entered a Lola Chassis with a Cosworth V8") Taking away the different manufacturers takes away half the excitement.
Just my .02; I'd like to know why the roules were amended (they certainly weren't updated).
LO

10-29-2007, 04:52 PM
It would be easy to simplify the rules. Make the requirements all the same, iron heads with stock port configuration, flat top pistons, flat tappet cam, stock iron block [replacement type only] 430" + clean up bore only. unmodified 850 CFM carb. It shouldn't be that hard to adjust the rules so that other brands of engines could compete on a level playing field. Sure make things alot more interesting.

Jetboatguru
10-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Instead of making it an all chevy class I think you owe it to the founding fathers of the class to update the rulebook.
Somebody might deduce that this rule was put in place out of utter Fear of Fitzy's Hemi.:jawdrop: :D
Per Fitzy at Burley,
"Yeah the hemi didnt stack up as well as i thought it would against the chevys"

Moneypitt
10-29-2007, 05:28 PM
There is an attempt in the works to develope a spec, entry level class. Sportsman E, or SE. Spec'd SBC. Alot of people spent a lot of time and resorces figuring out the specs, only to have APBA poo poo the addition of the class.. APBA's biggest worry was the un capsulated speeds in a new flatbottom class......There was over 3 months discussion, revised rules, discussion, revised rules.....etc etc....I may be wrong, but I think the early days of SS, an entry level class at it's inception, allowed any make engine with stock, factory supplied parts. Not alot of racers choose anything other than the BBC. So, parts, as spec'd, got harder and harder to find....Why didn't someone continue with the FEs, or the Chryslers?......Or, push for the 385 series Fords, back then?? I would say, build your 385 and come out and race. No one will beef until you start winning........Then establish the revised rules allowing that engine. The Crackers experimented with a 2 brl 350 for a full season because of the shortage of smaller engines............MP

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-29-2007, 05:34 PM
[/SIZE][/B]
Per Fitzy at Burley,
Wait til he throws some Dart heads on it! :D

Jetboatguru
10-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Jerry,
Thank you very much for the SCSC promo videos. I appreciate it.
:D

Wildchild80
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM
The new rules do not say you cannot run an engine from another manufacturer. It says if you want to run a Ford or Chrysler to submit the parts to the tech committee for their review. The rules are taylored around the BBC engine because that is what 35 of the current 28 of the registered Super Stock owners have. If you are new and want to run another engine all you have to do is send your parts list and engine specs to APBA

Wildchild80
10-30-2007, 09:00 AM
The new rules do not say you cannot run an engine from another manufacturer. It says if you want to run a Ford or Chrysler to submit the parts to the tech committee for their review. The rules are taylored around the BBC engine because that is what 35 of the current 28 of the registered Super Stock owners have. If you are new and want to run another engine all you have to do is send your parts list and engine specs to APBA

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Reading 53.5.1 For how long?
53.5.1 The current direction for the SS class is to move away from the 427 Ford and the 426 Chrysler based engines. However, if a participant feels strongly about using these engines, contact the Technical Chairman to initiate development of acceptable engine rules.

BILLY.B
10-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah, and the "Jones boys" out of Washington state were sure slow back when they ran SS & PC with Fords. And for that matter so was Jeff Clune who pretty much dominated with Zip & Zap. Of course this was before the "Monkey see Monkey do" rule was invented. :rolleyes:

Jetboatguru
10-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Why all the uproar over this?
The way I see it, if this rule goes through, it will currently affect 1 boat.
:) :)

BILLY.B
10-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Why all the uproar over this?
The way I see it, if this rule goes through, it will currently affect 1 boat.
:) :)Boards are slow and it got you on the tire along with your side kicks. Not to mention it's BS. Then again why not go this direction. Nascar is with the "C.O.T"

Jetboatguru
10-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Me on the tire? Are you smoking the Pot?
:D :D
I rally have no dog in the fight. I think SS boats are for fags!:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D

Wildchild80
10-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Me on the tire? Are you smoking the Pot?
:D :D
I rally have no dog in the fight. I think SS boats are for fags!:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D
Wishful thinking on your part FLAMER!!!!!!!!!

10-31-2007, 01:03 AM
Whats next? Having to buy a spec. boat from a designated builder? Can't think of a quicker way to kill the interest....look at NASCAR. Stock car?...Indeed:mad:

2manymustangs
10-31-2007, 04:17 AM
Gordy, if this becomes a real issue you can just bring me out and we could put together a FE Cammer to put this issue to rest, my time will be free! Could we get the Genesis OR C.S. replacment blocks approved? If not a Cammer how about a tunnel port?
As for the 385 series fords a 429 SCJ would be a great idea since it came with mega flow heads, good rods, solid lifter cam and TRW factory forged pistons that could be massaged.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42241&stc=1&d=1193833167

2manymustangs
10-31-2007, 04:26 AM
Does anyone know the wherabouts of the beautiful 427 Cammer Sanger hyro that sold on Ebay earlier this year? Seems to me it was a gold shovelnose..:devil:

10-31-2007, 02:09 PM
As for the 385 series fords a 429 SCJ would be a great idea since it came with mega flow heads, good rods, solid lifter cam and TRW factory forged pistons that could be massaged.
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42241&stc=1&d=1193833167
Maybe thats why APBA doesn't want the Ford.:idea:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
10-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Maybe thats why APBA doesn't want the Ford.:idea:
Anyone lucky enough to own a cammer wouldn't be stupid enough to race it in ss. But it would be great to see!! Hopefully that chain would stay on...:D

10-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Anyone lucky enough to own a cammer wouldn't be stupid enough to race it in ss. But it would be great to see!! Hopefully that chain would stay on...:DChains are so...."60s" :D Now there are gear drives[Milodon] and belt drives. How about a Pond block based Cammer with a belt drive set up in SS? You can buy and build a complete Cammer now and not use an old part, everything is now available new from aftermarket suppliers and if you have to ask the price, well.....:(

Moneypitt
10-31-2007, 10:55 PM
Chains are so...."60s" :D Now there are gear drives[Milodon] and belt drives. How about a Pond block based Cammer with a belt drive set up in SS? You can buy and build a complete Cammer now and not use an old part, everything is now available new from aftermarket suppliers and if you have to ask the price, well.....:(
Good point, all you have to do is get that motor combo approved to race....Part numbers etc etc . and you're good to go..........race it for a couple of years, lose, try some more, lose, and Wa La, you have an approved package to work with.......Then kick some butt............MP

Ralph Brunt
11-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Good point, all you have to do is get that motor combo approved to race....Part numbers etc etc . and you're good to go..........race it for a couple of years, lose, try some more, lose, and Wa La, you have an approved package to work with.......Then kick some butt............MP
yeah that sounds about right, because, if you start winning out of the gate the chebby guys will cry so loud that your ford will be so restricted that you cant ever win again.:devil:

Roaddogg 4040
11-01-2007, 06:02 AM
Yeah, the Chebys are at a real dissadvantage to those Fords... I guess that is why no one runs the Fords anymore...:D
Steve

2manymustangs
11-01-2007, 06:06 AM
Anyone lucky enough to own a cammer wouldn't be stupid enough to race it in ss. But it would be great to see!! Hopefully that chain would stay on...:D
Chains will absolutely stay on, they may be 60ish but they work! Thats why ford is still running them on the new mod motor with great success. As long as you have a crank trigger to keep ignition events in check, time tested with great results.
Seen plenty of high mileage mod motors get the snot revved out of them with blowers and turbos and never miss a beat. :devil:
What's the use of having a cammer if your not gonna wring it out? Kind of like having a hot blonde and never.................

BILLY.B
11-01-2007, 06:23 AM
Yeah, the Chebys are at a real dissadvantage to those Fords... I guess that is why no one runs the Fords anymore...:D
Steve Oh no thats not the reason dogg. All the racers that run chebys will say that the fords are to expensive. Like race engines of any kind aren't all ready big money. Easier to follow. If I had your money i'd go racing in SS using my "Boss 429" but then again it's not legal. But then who cares it's just for fun right?.:)

MAXIMUS
11-01-2007, 06:52 AM
Rumor has it you figured out a way to put a blower underneath the "stock" intake manifold!:idea:

the real k-boat king
11-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Rumor has it you figured out a way to put a blower underneath the "stock" intake manifold!:idea:maxi don't be telling our secrets, it's hard to get a long haired hippy under the intake without anybody noticing, that has that much blow power.

2manymustangs
11-01-2007, 12:18 PM
maxi don't be telling our secrets, it's hard to get a long haired hippy under the intake without anybody noticing, that has that much blow power.
:jawdrop:

Roaddogg 4040
11-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh no thats not the reason dogg. All the racers that run chebys will say that the fords are to expensive. Like race engines of any kind aren't all ready big money. Easier to follow. If I had your money i'd go racing in SS using my "Boss 429" but then again it's not legal. But then who cares it's just for fun right?.:)
If youo had my money Billie, you could go racing SS with a Pinto engine...:D We don't care anyhow... I won't ever get my tub running anyway...:D :mad: :D
Steve

MAXIMUS
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
maxi don't be telling our secrets, it's hard to get a long haired hippy under the intake without anybody noticing, that has that much blow power.
Now that is just not right!:rolleyes: Dave told me to say that...:devil:

Moneypitt
11-01-2007, 04:42 PM
If youo had my money Billie, you could go racing SS with a Pinto engine...:D We don't care anyhow... I won't ever get my tub running anyway...:D :mad: :D
Steve
Two Pinto engines, side by side, 2x4 = 8.......Some of those Pintos have turned into real screamers....yeah thats the story.......Now get one of those little D' Cucci hulls.......MP

2manymustangs
11-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Don't discount a 2.3 ford OHC... May make a good boat engine after all, have a look at one of my St Louis peeps...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBNCT4AvzMc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_61NpziPuI

Roaddogg 4040
11-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Two Pinto engines, side by side, 2x4 = 8.......Some of those Pintos have turned into real screamers....yeah thats the story.......Now get one of those little D' Cucci hulls.......MP
:D :D :D
Steve

gn7
11-02-2007, 08:02 AM
if you really want to open up the SS class, ban the rat motor then all the other POS can duke it out, '49 cads, nailhead buicks, 385 fords etc

Jetboatguru
11-02-2007, 09:39 AM
This new rule change has taken it's toll big time!
all of the SS teams that were coming out next year with their Fords and Hemis were sent back to the drawing board...:notam: :notam: :D

MAXIMUS
11-02-2007, 10:27 AM
This new rule change has taken it's toll big time!
all of the SS teams that were coming out next year with their Fords and Hemis were sent back to the drawing board...:notam: :notam: :D
THATS RIGHT! I just cut up my SS & scraped the whole damn thing...:rolleyes:

Rattle Can Lou
11-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Had a guy tryin to buy my Riviera to run in the SS dealio and he just called and backed out...His Dmonstzza built Cammer was disallowed...somebody owes me some money. I called my attorney and started the paperwork.

dmontzsta
11-02-2007, 10:36 AM
Had a guy tryin to buy my Riviera to run in the SS dealio and he just called and backed out...His Dmonstzza built Cammer was disallowed...somebody owes me some money. I called my attorney and started the paperwork.
If you keep the attorney out of it, they might settle out of court for some vodka and/or beer. :)

Terminal Velocity
11-02-2007, 11:24 AM
If you keep the attorney out of it, they might settle out of court for some vodka and/or beer. :)
You could have had him at red cup.

SnoC653
11-02-2007, 01:41 PM
It's a good thing my 426 Poncho isn't affected by this rule. Don't they call that cousined in, since it's still made by GM? Please say yes or I'm going to take it out and sink it. It did suck taking of the tri-power to be class legal.

DAVEY B
11-02-2007, 02:37 PM
At this point if you have a boat with an engine in it and want to race just come out and run with us, our class is getting a little week and we need boat count for Fire Bird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:idea:

2manymustangs
11-05-2007, 05:26 AM
Dave, you gettin tired of beating the same guys all the time? :D

mikejr ss63
11-07-2007, 11:03 AM
[/SIZE][/B]
Per Fitzy at Burley,
it was not the engine that was the problem, it was the boat. We had a big leak, and after every heat fitzy would bring like half the river out with him.
and like you said its not like there is is a ton of people running these things so what is the point of making this rule. i think jerry is right people are scared of the hemi.:D

the real k-boat king
11-07-2007, 11:32 AM
it was not the engine that was the problem, it was the boat. We had a big leak, and after every heat fitzy would bring like half the river out with him.
and like you said its not like there is is a ton of people running these things so what is the point of making this rule. i think jerry is right people are scared of the hemi.:Dscared think not, if all you fags want to see hemi's and fords then go to the swap meet where they belong.:D

2manymustangs
11-07-2007, 02:49 PM
scared think not, if all you fags want to see hemi's and fords then go to the swap meet where they belong.:D
Damn "G", that was cold... :D You know im the #1 K69 fan!!!

Rattle Can Lou
11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
scared think not, if all you fags want to see hemi's and fords then go to the swap meet where they belong.:D
Obviously a lot of animosity in this man. I haven't seen you this mean since Billy drunk posted under my name late one night...You need to go take a good brown steamer and take a load off...

the real k-boat king
11-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Obviously a lot of animosity in this man. I haven't seen you this mean since Billy drunk posted under my name late one night...You need to go take a good brown steamer and take a load off...I rattled my can and shit out a lou, mighty big turd there.:eek:

2manymustangs
11-08-2007, 06:08 AM
:eek:
Ok boys I wanna see a good clean fight so go to your corners and when the bell rings come out fighting! :devil:

Rattle Can Lou
11-08-2007, 07:15 AM
I rattled my can and shit out a lou, mighty big turd there.:eek:
Yer showin yer Harvard degree again. Lotta pent up anger inside you. Is Rankin not servicing you regularly? C'Mon Dave, give the little guy his regular dose o' man oil. The world will love ya fer it. If you can't get the job done I'm sure Maxi will oblige.

the real k-boat king
11-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Yer showin yer Harvard degree again. Lotta pent up anger inside you. Is Rankin not servicing you regularly? C'Mon Dave, give the little guy his regular dose o' man oil. The world will love ya fer it. If you can't get the job done I'm sure Maxi will oblige.come on lou i got my degree in idaho just like you, and you must remember one thing lou i'am a giver never a receiver like you.:sqeyes:

Rattle Can Lou
11-08-2007, 12:09 PM
come on lou i got my degree in idaho just like you, and you must remember one thing lou i'am a giver never a receiver like you.:sqeyes:
NICE!

SnoC653
11-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Fear not Lou, when it comes to oral sex I too prefer to be a reciever not a giver.... at least when I'm talking to the guys.

BILLY.B
11-08-2007, 07:41 PM
scared think not, if all you fags want to see hemi's and fords then go to the swap meet where they belong.:DYou know whats funny about this post. Gordy would race anything with any engine configuration as long as it didn't cost him a dime out of that moth filled wallett of his. My dad used to tell me that a good painter could paint with any type of paint. Guess Gordy wasn't raised the same way :eek: :idea:

flatnutz110
11-08-2007, 08:56 PM
That is TWO PUMP CHUMP!

2manymustangs
11-09-2007, 05:18 AM
You know whats funny about this post. Gordy would race anything with any engine configuration as long as it didn't cost him a dime out of that moth filled wallett of his. My dad used to tell me that a good painter could paint with any type of paint. Guess Gordy wasn't raised the same way :eek: :idea:
My grandpa always said "it's now how much you make, it's how much you save..."
"What's in YOUR wallet"? :D
You can't argue with the success of team Rankin can you? Fast boats that don't break AND a driver that has stones the size of a basketball, that's 95% of the game isn't it???

the real k-boat king
11-09-2007, 06:44 AM
You know whats funny about this post. Gordy would race anything with any engine configuration as long as it didn't cost him a dime out of that moth filled wallett of his. My dad used to tell me that a good painter could paint with any type of paint. Guess Gordy wasn't raised the same way :eek: :idea:billy i didn't know that you were a painter, let alone own a wallet.:D

vdriver4ever
11-09-2007, 07:36 AM
My Daddy always used to say "the best thing I can do for the poor was not be one". :D

Rattle Can Lou
11-09-2007, 08:43 AM
You know whats funny about this post. Gordy would race anything with any engine configuration as long as it didn't cost him a dime out of that moth filled wallett of his. My dad used to tell me that a good painter could paint with any type of paint. Guess Gordy wasn't raised the same way :eek: :idea:
BAM...That got him right in the stone pouch. Little Guy, that had to hurt.

2manymustangs
11-09-2007, 01:55 PM
:boxingguy

BILLY.B
11-10-2007, 04:44 PM
billy i didn't know that you were a painter, let alone own a wallet.:DThats because your memory's as long as you lips :eek: . I do own a wallet and it's still short the 30 cents you owe me from the wager last weekend you cheap a$$:)