PDA

View Full Version : 460 ford plumbing

jackjet
08-03-2003, 08:59 AM
1975 tahiti 19', 460 ford, with enclosed water cooling, rewarder ott headers, i just bought this boat and i know the piping is screwed up, need help on plumbing it correctly, also anyone know what the stock hp is, any help would be appreciated.

Snorider
08-03-2003, 10:32 AM
Stock HP was about 300 - 320.

FryJet
08-03-2003, 11:26 AM
This is my boat is plumbed, 460 w/ Bassets.
..Pump to tee.
..Tee to water pump plate.
..One T-stat outlet goes to exit water.
..The other T-stat outlet goes up to my manual valve under my seat and then back to my Basset valve (ball and spring removed) then tee'd off to my headers.
I just run the manual valve because sand kept jamming up the ball and spring in my Basset valve and it would pull water back into the cylinders. Not everone does it this way but for me it's mo betta. Hope that helps.
F.J.

1slowboat
08-03-2003, 04:13 PM
i have a stroker 501 that started as a 460 in mine and the line comes out of the pump to a t under the front of the moter and comes up to the water plate (where the water pump would be.) i also have a therm. block off plate on it and there should be on your intake 2 out lets. one of them go to the basset t, and the other goes to the bypass,(the back of the boat. i hope that this helped......for every one else im back,,...formerly known as homeblt86jet....