10-28-2007, 06:37 PM
IS GONE:idea:

charlyox
10-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Where?

3 daytona`s
10-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Where?
he notified the Yankees he is opting out and will make no other statement at this time

boatnam2
10-28-2007, 07:04 PM
hope the angels dont get him they have enough playoff choker's!

AZJD
10-28-2007, 07:14 PM
My Guess is San Fran.?

Singleton
10-28-2007, 07:34 PM
He is going to end up in Boston. They are going to need a 3rd baseman after this year.

3 daytona`s
10-28-2007, 07:37 PM
He is going to end up in Boston. They are going to need a 3rd baseman after this year.
that can step and start writing $30 million dollar checks.

25dic
10-28-2007, 07:38 PM
He has opted out of his contract, but he can and probably will resign with the Yanks for even more money. They are about the only club that can affoard 30 to 50 mill. a season.

AZJD
10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Can Boston afford him?

3 daytona`s
10-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Can Boston afford him?
No Problem,and they want him BAD

Singleton
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
He has opted out of his contract, but he can and probably will resign with the Yanks for even more money. They are about the only club that can affoard 30 to 50 mill. a season.
Since he opted out the Yankee's lose the 23M that Texas was going to pay on A-Rod's contract over the next 3 years. With that money gone, no way are they going to pay him more. The Yankees have also gone on record stating, if A-Rod opted out, they would not offer a new contract, since they were willing to offer a extention.

BadKachina
10-28-2007, 07:45 PM
Will he play short or 3rd at the new team????:idea:

boatnam2
10-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Since he opted out the Yankee's lose the 23M that Texas was going to pay on A-Rod's contract over the next 3 years. With that money gone, no way are they going to pay him more. The Yankees have also gone on record stating, if A-Rod opted out, they would not offer a new contract, since they were willing to offer a extention.
Yep... so i hope the next team has the money and a few good players because he going to break the bank and and not get it done in the end.

Ion
10-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Not gunna happen. Unless Cashman doesn't mean what he said (essentially, if he hits the market and leaves their offer on the table), he gone....

CornWater
10-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Like Man Ram????
:rolleyes:

3 daytona`s
10-28-2007, 08:09 PM
I believe every team that is interested in him sees him as a 3rd baseman. He has adapted to the position quite nicely, which couldn't be more different than playing SS.
I just don't see him in Boston. There's a lot of animosity between him and the Boston fans. I don't see him as a good fit with their team chemistry. The Red Sox overpay, but they usually go after high character, team first guys.
ARE YOU SERIOUS High Character:confused: Beetle Braids is of high character? What makes A Rod not high character?

CornWater
10-28-2007, 08:12 PM
9 playoff appearances, 4 WS, 2 WS Championships in 13 full seasons of MLB. I'd take that every day and twice on Sunday.
So you would classify Ramirez as a high character, team first guy? Admiring your "handy work" is real classy... hopefully Lackey goes head hunting first time he faces him, he's apparently the only one with the guts to do so.

3 daytona`s
10-28-2007, 08:16 PM
9 Playoffs, 4 WS, 2 WS championships. Can you read or are you just stupid. I can pretty much tell why you don't like him, probably the color of his skin or the fact that he doesn't speak good English. Although, truthfully, he speaks better English than you type.
Has no character?
I can type and speak beter than him and can prove it:)

3 daytona`s
10-28-2007, 08:20 PM
No, not necessarily a team first guy. But how many non team first guys do you want on your roster? Two? Twelve? Manny is a "character" and he gets along. He's gotten along everywhere he's been. He backs his play with his bat. The guy is a winner, period. He's won everywhere he's been. That's not a coincidence.
YOU meant a character,I was speaking of CHARACTER I`m sure you do not know what the latter is.
P.S. your typing is NOT flawless in case you have not noticed:idea:

3 daytona`s
10-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah, whatever. And, feel free to point out any spelling or grammatical errors you might find, if you possibly could. :rolleyes:
:D
I`ll point out any grammatical errors I might find,If I possibly can :jawdrop:

3 daytona`s
10-28-2007, 08:35 PM
I dislike it when somebody can't accept a ballplayer for what he is. Manny Ramirez is a winner. Even if you don't like him. ;)
I never said not a winner or good hitter,I have said and will continue to say he is an insult to Major League Baseball in his disrespect of the uniform and tradition.The announcers last night and tonight were laughing at him hat falling off etc.BTW I do not care the color,race on and on,just "DO IT RIGHT" :(

Ivan Dan
10-28-2007, 08:59 PM
I'd LOVE to see him come to the Angels....it suits his style more IMO. Besides it would be KILLER to see him break Bonds record in a Halo uni.
I think A Rod instantly makes the Angels the fav for the 2008 World Series if they were to get him.

AZJD
10-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I'd LOVE to see him come to the Angels....it suits his style more IMO. Besides it would be KILLER to see him break Bonds record in a Halo uni.
I think A Rod instantly makes the Angels the fav for the 2008 World Series if they were to get him.
He still has 5+ years before breaking the record. With his recent track record he would likely be down the road already.:D
I don't think A Rod is a good fit for the Angels. They have some good young talent that I think they need to stick with. Lesson to be learned from the Red Sox. They have a few guys brought up through the org. that really helped.

Ivan Dan
10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
He still has 5+ years before breaking the record. With his recent track record he would likely be down the road already.:D
I don't think A Rod is a good fit for the Angels. They have some good young talent that I think they need to stick with. Lesson to be learned from the Red Sox. They have a few guys brought up through the org. that really helped.
So you are saying you wouldn't want him on your team if you are the Angels GM or owner?!?!?

Old Texan
10-29-2007, 05:21 AM
A-Rod goes to Boston and plays SS. Only team that will consider his oversized contract demands. I think A-Rod wants back at SS and the poistion will play into his choice of teams. Boston fans will show a lot of forgiveness when he wears their uniform. Another factor is SS is Boston's weakest position now that Ellersby has shown to be the CF of the future. Lowell should be easily resigned at 3rd and w/o any other real needs, A-Rod should be affordable.
Manny is a team player from the standpoint his team mates like him and he fits their chemistry which seems to tolerate "winners".

SB
10-29-2007, 11:49 AM
I think Arod's character is ok, I can't believe the Cubs would pay him.
Wasn't he embarrassed about his $$$$ a few years ago?

AZJD
10-29-2007, 11:53 AM
So you are saying you wouldn't want him on your team if you are the Angels GM or owner?!?!?
I think Artie Moreno will want him on the team because he is Latino, but I don't see him as a fit. A-Rod isn't going to make them a contender. Big payroll creates big jealousy. ARod doesn't have the same PR abilities as Vlad. Seems Vlad is just one of the guys on that team, even though he is one the best hitters in the league. ARod will bring a neg vibe with him to any team he goes to. Angels need to keep flying low under the radar compared to the other high payroll teams.

acatitude
10-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Wouldn't make economical sense for a sold out Boston park to pay a guy 50m, when they just won the series without him. That much money would go a long ways to replacing schilling and another top rate pitcher or 2. IMO...

AZJD
10-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Wouldn't make economical sense for a sold out Boston park to pay a guy 50m, when they just won the series without him. That much money would go a long ways to replacing schilling and another top rate pitcher or 2. IMO...
Good point!
Your pretty smart for a guy from Nor Cal!:D :D :D

Havasu_Dreamin
10-29-2007, 12:15 PM
I think Artie Moreno will want him on the team because he is Latino, but I don't see him as a fit.
Moreno has said in the past that they would not try and sign him becasue he feels that no player is worth $30 mil per year...
Exactly...

desertbird
10-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Like Cabrera and Figgins need a replacement? :eek: :confused:

Nord
10-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Regardless, he is going to make a lot of money for whoever he plays for. I hope it is the Angels. He is going to pack the stands.

Ivan Dan
10-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Moreno has said in the past that they would not try and sign him becasue he feels that no player is worth $30 mil per year...
That was before they were completely embarrased and swept out of the playoffs by Boston.
I'm with Nord though....I hope the Angels get him because I think we are 1 big bat away from being great and doing some serious winning.
We'll see what happens.

Cole Trickle
10-29-2007, 12:44 PM
That was before they were completely embarrased and swept out of the playoffs by Boston.
I'm with Nord though....I hope the Angels get him because I think we are 1 big bat away from being great and doing some serious winning.
We'll see what happens.
They could deffinatley use his bat. The angels did great this year considering there offense.Another 50 hr and 150 rbi's can't hurt.
I think he was crazy to walk on the $$ that NY can/did offer.:confused: :D

Ivan Dan
10-29-2007, 12:53 PM
They could deffinatley use his bat. The angels did great this year considering there offense.Another 50 hr and 150 rbi's can't hurt.
I think with his bat in the lineup the AL better watch out because here comes the Angels for their title back. :D
On ESPN radio a little while ago they said his agent has to have a "nod nod wink wink deal" with someone already lined up to turn down that offer. That is stupid money!

Cole Trickle
10-29-2007, 01:09 PM
I think with his bat in the lineup the AL better watch out because here comes the Angels for their title back. :D
On ESPN radio a little while ago they said his agent has to have a "nod nod wink wink deal" with someone already lined up to turn down that offer. That is stupid money!
Yeah but when you make that much $$ why cause drama for 2 million a year? I thought he was happy in NY with his butt budy Jeter?
Dosen't make sence to leave NY as you know they are l about wasting $$$.Of course living in So cal wouldn't be so bad if he signed for 15 mill a year...lol;)
They better not raise beer prices!!:(

Havasu_Dreamin
10-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Very true, both comments...

Havasu1986
10-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Can Arte offer A-Rod a % of the team instead of paying him the 30 million. :confused: I'm not sure if this is OK with MLB. But didn't Magic get a piece of the Lakers this way.

desertbird
10-29-2007, 02:21 PM
I think the Angels could use a little better pitching staff too....

Ivan Dan
10-29-2007, 02:40 PM
I don't believe the are going to resign Colon and he free's up a ton of $$ to find a new #1 pitcher.

AZJD
10-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Don't forget, if they can get Colon healthy, they will have a potential 3 starters able to get 18-20 wins.
Not to mention young Weaver should be on his way to maturing. If they can get the kinks worked out of Santana they will have a great 5 man rotation.
They could use a middle reliever and some healthy bats in the line up.
GA being injured didn't help this year. He is still a great RBI guy in the 5 hole. Alot of players showed some real potential this year.
Juan Rivera and Mathews will be healthy next season too. This will make the line up alot stronger. The DH position played a factor on the team this year. No real strong bats for the DH spot.
I think a healthy Angels team next year is a much better contender than this year.
Angels don't need ARod! (I am Anaheim born and raised too) Don't let the Az thing fool ya! Still love my Halos....:D

Havasu1986
10-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Can Arte offer A-Rod a % of the team instead of paying him the 30 million. :confused: I'm not sure if this is OK with MLB. But didn't Magic get a piece of the Lakers this way.
Paging ShockwaveBob...:D

riverroyal
10-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Paging ShockwaveBob...:D
at work today,If he worked 8 hours a day,5 day work weeks.He makes just over 13000$ a hour.Thats not bad

riverroyal
10-29-2007, 05:41 PM
If you extrapolate Roger Clemens' most recent contract with the Yankees, he made just over $8000 PER PITCH.
them both:D

3 daytona`s
10-29-2007, 06:58 PM
SWB many of us out here do need educating.

riverroyal
10-29-2007, 07:26 PM
wtf,you live in NY?Mr yankee info man.:D

riverroyal
10-29-2007, 07:29 PM
No, I just spend a lot of time stalking A-Rod. :D
My guess is he has no idea where temecula is